email attachment #3

I have been sent email attachment with .xls extension. I
do not have excell on my computer. Is there a way to open
the attachment? Thanks for your help.
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi RGM!

You can open the file for just viewing file the Excel Viewer that is
downloadable from:

http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx

It's a fair size download (3.8 MB)

Or you can get OpenOffice that will allow you to work on the file:

http://download.openoffice.org/1.1.1/index.html

That's a 63.5 MB download.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
"rgm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been sent email attachment with .xls extension. I
> do not have excell on my computer. Is there a way to open
> the attachment? Thanks for your help.

0
njharker (1646)

CRM 3.0 on Outlook 2007
Hello, I installed the spanish version of CRM Client on my Outlook 2007. I noticed the user interface has changed. With this version any time I click on a CRM entity it pops up an Internet Explorer window. Is this normal or should I still be seing the data On oultook application (that was the case of CRM for Outlook 2003)? Regards, Irene Nothing changed (assuming you are reffering to the v3c update) in this regard. The CRM for Outlook client has typically opened browser pages. The only exception was if you double clicked on the core Outlook items. Basically, if you click from an O...

DAO is less relevent than Wnidows 3.1
why do you diptards still use DAO again? why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL? Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon " S u s i e D B A [ M S FT ] " <s u s i e d b a @h o t m a i l.com> wrote: >why do you diptards still use DAO again? > >why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL? > >Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon Note that this person is really A a r o n K e m p f and that he is not an employee of Microsoft. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond onl...

Why does copy and paste between eMails not work?
Copy no longer copies to the clipboard. Is there a setting I have deleted somewhere? Using Windows 7 and Office 2007 proffessional. Does it work if you restart outlook? Do you have any addins installed that could be erasing the clipboard? I've seen this happen with addins and contacts, but not email. to test, open the new message form before copying so you just need to copy and switch to the other message. (http://www.slipstick.com/Contacts/clipboard.htm) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

Can't Make Attachment
I just upgraded to outlook 2003 and now I can't drag and drop files into a new mail message; even though I can click on the paper click and attach a file that way. I had this functionality prior to upgrading to Outlook 2003. I am running Windows XP. Please advise if anyone knows of a setting for this or a registry fix. Thanks.........Jason Steeves ...

Not able to send email from CRM client
Help, please. I cannot get CRM configured to send email from the CRM client software. See error message below. I have tried all the solutions I can find, including: -Confirmed mailserverurl is set correctly on the CRM server and that the specified server is the Exchange server. -Confirmed that the mailserverurl returns well formed XML. -Gave the IUSR_ORCAS user full control of the the "...mailroot/vsi 1" on the exchange box, which is named ORCAS. -Confirmed platformurl setting on Exchange server is correct. -Confirmed that the machines can communicate with each other. What...

Incoming Emails
Hello, We installed the CRM1.2 on the same server with exchange. Everything is working fine except that the CRM users can not see incoming emails inside CRM although these emails are CRM emails. Can anybody tell what is the reason of that? Regards, Khalid Do you have installed the Router? The Router is a bridge=20 between the Exchange and the CRM who study the incoming=20 flow of emails and copy to the CRM everything who is of=20 the CRM. I hope who that help you.=20 []'s Vin=EDcius Pitta Lima de Ara=FAjo >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > We installed the CRM1.2 o...

DSUM #3
[Excel 2003] I have a worksheet that looks something like this: A B C Charge Payable Paid $100.00 Y $650.25 Y $ 25.00 N 10/1/2007 $ 85.75 Y I would like to place a formula in a cell that will return the sum of all expenses in column A for rows which have a "Y" in column B and no value in column C. I think DSUM is the function to use, and I have read several help pages on it, but no formula I have tried has actually worked. I would appreciate any help. Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(A2:A10...

No email stationery when through code
Hi I am creating email via code from access using below; Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem) objOutlookMsg.To = "recepient@mydomain.com" objOutlookMsg.Subject = "Email Subject" objOutlookMsg.Body = "Dear abc..." objOutlookMsg.Display The problem is that the default signature that is set in outlook doe snot come up in the email. How can I fix it? Thanks Regards Am Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:11:45 +0100 schri...

User status in Sharepoint 3.0
I see there is a user status that works with Office Communicator. Is there away to do this with out office Communicator or free software to do this? We are a small company with about 10 users. Nothing I'm aware of. This is built in integration with the OCS platform. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:089333D7-F0D4-4994-87E3-74A387AE33D0@microsoft.com... > I see there is a user status that works with Office Communicator. Is > there > away to...

no content in the email body
Haven't changed anything knowingly, but now when I receive emails all the content is in a .txt attachment which I open and goes to notepad. There is no content in the email body. "stephen" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:<#TKSQf$oDHA.2776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... > Haven't changed anything knowingly, but now when I receive emails all the > content is > in a .txt attachment which I open and goes to notepad. > > There is no content in the email body. I've seen this before with an Outlook 2000 client. Couldn't find a way to fix it,...

control type
hi when im adding a new control attachment into a form , appears some other controls like ...controlname.filedata ,controlname.fileflag, controlname. filetimestamp ,controlname.fileURL etc.... whats all these , r these usefull and needed ? thanks This occurs only in Access 2007, and only for multi-valued fields. The example you gave is for a field of type Attachment. One record can have multiple attachments. In a query, you can get at the information within each of the items in the multi-valued field. For example look at the FileType to see if the attachment is a picture (e.g. JPG),...

Can you delete and empty an open email

Moving Email Domain off of Exchange #2

Need Hyperlink from Menu Page to work in email
I have a workbook with several tabs. First tab is a "menu" type page (summary of other pages). Currently I have hyperlinks to all the other pages from the menu page. What I want to be able to do is copy the menu page into an email and enable the users to click on the existing hyperlinks (whatever adjustments needed) to go directly to their page of the workbook. Using Excel 2007. Please advise how to do this and what changes may be need for both options to work. ...

Receive triplicate emails
On earthlink webmail, I only receive one of each email. When I "Send/Receive" from Outlook 2000, the Send/Receive window tells me I'm receiving 10 emails, but 30 appear in my inbox. Everything arrives in triplicate or duplicate. Extended headers appear to be the same in all three identical emails. Things I've tried and know: Deleted and then reconfigured my earthlink account many times. There is only one earthlink account. "Leave a copy of messages on server" is unchecked. Turned Earhlink Spamblocker On then Off then On then Off... no change. Sent test m...

upgrade #3
Hello, I just received an e-mail from my bank which states they will no longer be supporting MS Money 2000 or 2001. I currently have Money 2000. I am looking to upgrade, however do NOT wish to lose any of my financial data or the ease of epaying my bills. When I upgrade, do I delete the old MS Money and leave the *.mny file ? Or do I complete an install and let Money 05 remove the old MS Money ? thanks for your help, Jason Already replied to. "dejaking" <dejaking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB6DD057-70DF-404A-AD65-CE0E914B366D@microsoft.com.....

Authenticating addresses for sending emails
I installed Office XP for Small Business on my laptop recently. Now, quite often I am getting an error message when I try to send an email to someone that says, "You must first authenticate this email address". Does anyone know how this is done? Thanks, Ken I have Office 2003 and I saw this once in my copy, I found it all I had to do was to add the person to my address book as it was part of the built in Spam filters. -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01fc01c3d94f$...

Email retention policy relative to CRM e-mails tracked from Outloo
Toss up question for the blue team. When one hits "Track in CRM" on an e-mail from outlook we all know that it CREATES an e-mail in the CRM system. The date that the e-mail is created in CRM is placed in the field CreatonDate. When we look at the related record it shows up in order based on the Created Date. The rub is this. What do we do when we have a user who is just coming on board with CRM and they have e-mail history they want to link that goes back years. There does not seem to be any linking relative to the received date. Which is actually much more relevant ...

How do I send to myself at an alternate email address?
I have Outlook 2007 and am a new user. I have two separate email addresses - one thru a LAN at the office and one with a different provider. Outlook will not let me send to myself from one to the other. I seem to have no problem sending internally thru the LAN. Do you get any errors? If yes, please post the exact error message. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, DeeJay asked: | I have Outlook 2007 an...

Internal emails get bounce backs, external work fine
I have a strange problem. Running Exchange 2003 enterprise service pack 1 One user, can't get emails internally. We get the following message: Greg Montgomery on 5/9/2006 10:19 AM The message could not be delivered because the recipient's destination email system is unknown or invalid. Please check the address and try again, or contact your system administrator to verify connectivity to the email system of the recipient. But externally it works fine. So people emailing Greg using his SMTP account, all is well. Here is a kicker though. All of a sudden, some people can now...