email as pdf print area excel 2007

I've found a flaw in excel 2007.  when I filter a column in excel; I can then
set the print area and launch a print preview to see the selected area of
data.  If I choose to send & email as a pdf instead; the same print area
suddenly turns into many pages because the capture ignores my filtered area.
Technically speaking; both outputs shoud get you the same data.

I cannot replicate this behaviour in 2007

Saveas>PDF gives me only the filtered list.

I don't know what to suggest but i don't think it's a bug in Excel.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 7 May 2010 09:30:01 -0700, Bob Aylward
<BobAylward@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've found a flaw in excel 2007.  when I filter a column in excel; I can then
>set the print area and launch a print preview to see the selected area of
>data.  If I choose to send & email as a pdf instead; the same print area
>suddenly turns into many pages because the capture ignores my filtered area.
>Technically speaking; both outputs shoud get you the same data.

0
Gord

Print Preview Multiple Paints
I am having problems with my standard Document/View application with Print Preview. If I choose only to have one page displayed, it works fine. If I choose 2 pages to be displayed side by side, my OnPrint() function gets called over and over as follows: OnPrint (pInfo->m_nCurPage = = 1) OnPrint (pInfo->m_nCurPage = = 2) OnPrint (pInfo->m_nCurPage = = 1) OnPrint (pInfo->m_nCurPage = = 2) OnPrint (pInfo->m_nCurPage = = 1) OnPrint (pInfo->m_nCurPage = = 2) Again and again, up to 11 times. My printing code isn't (yet) the fastest on the planet so this takes agessssss. I...

Excel 2007

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Excel not Access