editing multiple sheets at once

I was cruising along editing multiple sheets at the same time (by selecting
them all - aka grouping) and everything was working fine and then suddenly it
stopped.  All that happens now is that despite several sheets being selected
the only sheet that gets any editing done is the one in view.
Any suggestions?
0
blamires (1)

What type of editing are you attempting?  Not all features are available with
groupd sheets.

You cannot group edit if one if the sheets is protected.

Do you get any error message?

Some print setup features are not possible.  You cannot sort or filter on
grouped sheets.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:35:09 -0800, "blamires"
<blamires@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I was cruising along editing multiple sheets at the same time (by selecting
>them all - aka grouping) and everything was working fine and then suddenly it
>stopped.  All that happens now is that despite several sheets being selected
>the only sheet that gets any editing done is the one in view.
>Any suggestions?

0
Gord

Identical Name on multiple workbook pages
As a hardened Excel/VBA nut, I'm probably going to be really embarrased when I get the answer to this, but here goes... I have a workbook containing a worksheet that records weekly data. I have a named range ("Data") which I select then clear, via GoTo. Each week, I copy the latest week's worksheet and create a new worksheet for the new week. And each week, I select the range "Data" and clear it in the most recently created worksheet. the thing is, I always thought that Range names were unique across a workbook, and that you couldn't have the same Range N...

PROTECTING/UNPROTECTING SHEETS
I use Excel 2000. I have workbooks with many sheets that are protected against changes to cells (data, formulas, formatting, etc.). Question 1: Is there a way to quickly determine if a sheet and/or cell are protected or not without doing an input test or checking out the Tools, Protection command? Something like the PR or U codes Lotus places at the bottom of the window. Question 2: Is there a way to unprotect, and vice versa, a number of sheets with one command? I tried selecting all the sheets and using the Tools, Protection/Unprotect command with no luck. Search and Replace is n...

Insert Rows in Balance Sheet Template
Using Excel 2002 I cannot find a way to insert/add additional rows to the existing 12 rows allotted in the Balance Sheet template. I learned from another question that I can Ctrl+D to copy the formulas down to blank cells to keep the balance going, but no way to add more rows, since the template is so short. Rows is greyed out on the Insert menu, and Nothing comes up on a right click. Can you please help me. Thanks. Try unprotecting the sheet and they should work. -- goober ------------------------------------------------------------------------ goober's Profile: http://www.exce...

how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet
how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet Try going to the View menu and unchecking Page Break Preview On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:01:08 -0800, "parker1230" <parker1230@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet You may be in page break preview mode. Go to "View" and select "normal" Regards Bill K "parker1230" <parker1230@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A65FC73-CAA0-428D-8ECD-0C2A2E15B799@microsoft.com... > how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work she...

opened Excel w/sheet from email attachment, updated, saved & cant
I emailed an Excel worksheet from my office to my home - opened it from my Outlook Express folder - updated file extensively - saved several times during the four hours I worked - closed & now can't find the updated file. I forgot I had opened it from the email and never saved it to my C drive. However, I saved it several times while I was working on it. Shouldn't the file in my email be the updated saved file? It's not and I can't find it anywhere. I believe this happened once before to me. Any suggestion would be appreciated. I've lost a lot of work if the file...

Allen Browne Client Search Multiple Like Statements
Hi all, I need to have this code search multiple fields, but I keep getting "Expected end of statement" on the Me in the second to last line: If Not IsNull(Me.txtFilterMainName) Then 'strWhere = strWhere & "([MainName] Like ""*" & Me.txtFilterMainName & "*"") AND " strWhere = strWhere & "([Address1] Like ""*" & Me.txtFilterMainName & "*"") OR " & _ strWhere = strWhere & " ([StreetName] Like "" * " & Me.txtFilterM...

Support of multiple users in Outlook?
Hi, Palm convert here with a question. In my Palm desktop I was able to separate my Notes, Calendar, Tasks, etc. from my wife as a separate user. We both had palm devices and each maintained separate schedules on our devices and on the desktop. How do we do that in Outlook? Thanks, John "John" <ljohnwu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u2bnY$0DGHA.3528@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Palm convert here with a question. > > In my Palm desktop I was able to separate my Notes, Calendar, Tasks, etc. > from my wife as a separate user. We both had palm ...

Multiple POP accounts in Outlook 2003
Hello, I have multiple POP accounts on my Outlook 2003 client. How do i setup Outlook to save mail from the multiple POP accounts to different folders so that it makes it easier for me to sort out my mail? TIA! //j you'll need to use rules... or use search folders configured for each account. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: ...

2003 exchange standard edition
I have a 2003 domain controller with exchange 2003/one storage group/store. I want to setup a mailbox management policy to manage the users folders. I have done this before with enterprise edition but a different way than I am trying now. I setup the policy to find any exchange user with the word 'Limits' set as their number 1 extened attribute. When I setup the policy the find now feature finds my one test user but when I run mailbox management it runs against everyone on that server/store. In the policy I did not specify a server/storeage group. And when I test the policy it fi...

Calculate from another sheet
If i in a sheet have a1=1 , b1 =2 , c1 = 3 , d1 = 4, e1 = 5 and so on and in a2 = 100, B2 = 100, c2 = 100 , e2 =100 ans o on Then in another sheet i write maybe 4 then i want a cell there have a sum from 1 to 4 In this case from a2 to e2 if I write maybe 2 The a sum from a2 to b2 Can i do this? If 4 is A2 to E2, and 2 is A2 to B2, presumably 3 is A2 to about half way between C2 and D2? It sounds as if you want the OFFSET function; details in Excel help. -- David Biddulph "alvin Kuiper" <alvinKuiper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

How to add multiple message senders to the blocked list automatica
-- Steve ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5597e420-8dc2-4fc5-88df-130a7cc9fe32&dg=microsoft.public.outlook ...

How do I create a spread sheet for tracking batting statistics?
Trying to keep a running log of batting stats for the season. Can anyone help? http://www.baseball-almanac.com/bstatmen.shtml "Robert" wrote: > Trying to keep a running log of batting stats for the season. Can anyone help? ...

Transfer combined investment transactions to multiple new accounts
In Money 2005 Deluxe, I have an investment account (with related cash account) with about two years of transactions. This mutual fund account (TRP) uses a separate account number for each mutual fund holding so that when I upgraded to Money 2005 and set up on line services for this account it downloaded each mutual fund investment as a new account. I can't merge all of these duplicate accounts in Money as it only allows you to merge one time so I then transfered (using copy) all my investment transaction from the combined existing account to each of the new individual investment ac...

Splitting multiple cell contents from 1st column into 4 columns
n my first column I have 4 cells (1-4) (5-8) etc. with general content. The content from each of these 4 cells needs to be placed in a separate column to make a list that I can sort etc. Example: COLUMN A 1 01-04-425-001 2 Heatherridge Road #301 3 Harry Smith 4 H25 Condo Fairfax Place 5 01-05-356-041 6 McGrath Street # 56 7 Mary Jones 8 B45 Condo Lemon Circle . . . . . . and so on and so on every 4 cells. I have hundreds of 4 cell descriptions. I just can't do this one by one. Can anyone help, PLEASE, PLEASE. I am really a novice at Excel though I use it for e...

"A Formula or sheet..."
Windows Vista Ultimate - SP1 RC1 Office 2007 Professional When I try to copy a worksheet I get the following: "A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name '_XXXX', which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name?" This messages appears many time before the sheet is finally copied. I have been clicking the yes button and the task is completed. Is there a work-around, or add in, that allows me to go in and delete all these names so I can just copy the sheet w/o all the extra effort. It seems to me I ran i...

Merging to-do/task lists from multiple inbox folders
Hi- I am using Outlook 2007 and am trying to figure out how to merge to-do/task lists from multiple inbox folders. I have my inbox associated with my name, and then also a folder with my name that is associated with another inbox that is used by several people on one project. (When emails come into the latter folder, I sort the ones that I can deal with into the subfolder with my name.) For my personal inbox, I can flag emails and they will pop up in my to-do box, but when I flag things in my sub-folder they don't show up in my to-do box, and I can't figure out where t...

Outlook and Word 2003 editing and error problem
This is a problem happened on a company PC that IT controls the updates (security, anti-virus) in the night. One day morning, I started having the problems below. I didn't install anything before, but was sure something was installed by company IT that early morning. I turned off the PC and it was on the next day. problems: 1. I can't use mouse to move the cursor to a specific location in the editing window, but I can on the header (to:, subject). I have to use arrow keys to navigate when editing. 2. I can't launch Word whenever Outlook is open. Once Outlook is quit, Wo...

Comments & protected sheets
I'm guessing I already know the answer to this, but is it possible to leave comments on a protected sheet? Yeah??????? Did you mean add/edit/delete comments on a protected sheet? If yes, then there's an option to protect (or leave unprotected) objects when you do Tools|protection|protect sheet that you can choose. PaulM wrote: > > I'm guessing I already know the answer to this, but is it possible to leave > comments on a protected sheet? -- Dave Peterson ...

Can i edit layout of the "Navigation Pane" #2
I would like to specifically remove the "favourites folder" section as well as the "Buttons" by the bottom and just simply have the folders structure... Can this be done? FYI, Outlook 2003 SP2 Cheers, It's OK.. Based on the searches i have done, looks like you cannot remove these options.. Cheers, vwboss@gmail.com wrote: > I would like to specifically remove the "favourites folder" section as > well as the "Buttons" by the bottom and just simply have the folders > structure... > > > Can this be done? > > &g...

How to add time from multiple cells & date Cells & machine type c
I'm trying to add up the amount of machinery downtime from a number of different cells but the thing is that I need to only have it added up by the date set in another cell (Which can have multiple cells of the same date) as well as the specific name of that machinery in another cell(which can also have multiples of the same machinery name). How can i get to just add up for that specific date, machine name, and time. Example: Date (Cell 1A thru 50A) Machinery Name(Cell 1B thru 50B) Downtime(Cell 1J thru 50J) Please help Thanks Example:Sheet1 Data Column A ...

opening multiple workbooks, opens in seperate program...
hi, when i open more than 1 woorkbook at the same time, it opens a secon icon at the bottom of my windows taskbar. but when i go to close one of the MSexcel programs it also wants t close the second one aswell.... previosly when i open multiple excel workbooks, it only showed on excel program as being open on the taskbar... can anyone give some insight into this? thanks : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com p.s i am using excell 200 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi sokevin Tools>Options..View Change the Windows in taskbar option -- Regards R...

Suppliers Excel Sheets
I have several locations need deliver products. I must build a list of my locations? (Excel 2003) Delivery Title, Location Name, Address, District, City, State, Country And ask suppliers to deliver. I use Excel 2003 Supplier Name, Address, Web, Phone, Product Name, Price, Weight (kg), Deliver or not, Extra Deliver Charge. But they say, “You must tell us where to deliver the products you buy! We only deliver them to the nearest location of our offices.” So I tell them the locations they need to deliver. They reply to me, for each specific location I need to go to specific shop. So I need ...

TRIM formula over multiple cells
Hi all, Does anyone know how to apply a text-specific TRIM formula in Excel over multiple cells? Specifically, I'm trying to apply =TRIM("text") to each cell in a column without typing it into each cell. If I use =TRIM("A2") version of the formula, I have to create another column to place the values in, and I can't create another column on this spreadsheet, even if I hide the original column. Any ideas? Thanks, David Use a macro if you do it on a regular basis http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall that way you just select the range you wan...

Closing out to multiple retained earnings accounts
Hi, Some of our P&L accounts need to close to a balance sheet account other than retained earnings. Has anyone had to deal with this circumstance and what solution was adopted. As an extra complication, these P&L accounts were set up as BS accounts and we have already closed the year! Thanks! Dear JP GP allows closing to Divisional Retained Earnings A/c meaning that You can allocate the Retained Earnings to different segments. However, it does not allow you to close to Multiple Retained Earnings A/c. In your situation, What I'd suggest is to make the necessary adjustmen...

multiple windows
I can't get multiple windows for my outlook, e.g. 1 window for my outlook today, and 1 for my inbox. But I can do that for the rest of the office applications like word and excel. Pls help. Thxs. BH. ...