Edit Macros

Using Office 2007.  When I send a Workbook with Macros to a friend and they
try to use the macros, they get a Message: "Locked for Editing" - "Read Only"
or "Notify"
Can this be changed?

Bob

Macro code behind button
How do I find out what macro and the code assigned to a specific button in an Excel worksheet? I can view all the macros assigned to the workbook, but it appears that there may be other macros running on these buttons (my personal list of macros is empty)(I am the author of the workbook). Right-click on button, assign macro. See that is assigned. If an ActiveX control, you may need to click on "view code". Alternatively, you can bring up the VBE (Alt+F11) and look through the different parts of your workbook to see what coding is in there. -- Best Regards, Lu...

Edit Box carriage return
How do I add a carriage return and have it show up correctly in an mfc textbox? I need to edit the CString variable then updatedata and have it show multiple lines. The multiline option is selected. Use \r\n. "CodeTyro" <CodeTyro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:819EB280-849A-4672-81C6-12DB72952B9B@microsoft.com... > How do I add a carriage return and have it show up correctly in an mfc textbox? I need to edit the CString variable then updatedata and have it show multiple lines. The multiline option is selected. ...

Excel File Edited and Saved in Word
A user mistakenly opend a excel file in word, edited it, and then saved with the excel extention in word. Now this file could not be opened in excel. Is there any way to get the file back in excel? Thanks a lot in advance for any help!!! Sorry, but that file is gone. I hope you have a backup or have sent it to someone as an attachment. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Ping" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d8701c3a3dc$185b38f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > A user mistakenly opend a excel file in word, edited it, &...

Standard smart list edit
Hi, Is it possible to edit a standard smart list using smart list builder. I need to bring in the item comment in the standard sales line item report. What is the most efficient way of doing it? Thanks. No, it's not possible to edit standard smartlists with SLB. However, you can download the XML files for all the standard SmartLists via CustomerSource/PartnerSource to be used with SLB. That way you can modify at will and redeploy. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP B...

Running a macro depending on a cell value
Hi there, I have an interesting one here ... I have assigned a macro to a command button. However I want to control this macro not to happen, i.e. not to run on click of the command button, depending on the value of another cell. That is say cell a1 = 1 I want the macro to work on click of command_button1 if cell a1 = 1. But i do not want it to run, i.e. act as if there is no macro assigned to it, if cell a1 = 2 or any other number not 1. Can this be done. Would appreciate any suggestions Thanks in advance, Brian Sure you can do that with an If statement. Example: Sub Button2_...

Editing a Response to a Declined Meeting
I receive a following error when trying to edit a response before sending a decline to a meeting in OutlookXP. OS - WinXP. Faulting application outlook.exe, version 10.0.2627.1, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.1217, fault address 0x00053f03. ...

locking tabs w/macros
i have a workbook that employees use to track project progress. they enter project data into sheet 1 and vbscript macros manipulate this data and output it in various ways on worksheets 2-15. i want to lock sheets 2-15 so employees cannot enter data, but when i protect those sheets the macros are no longer permitted to work. is there a way i can prevent cell editing by USERS but permit editing by MACROS? this seems like it should be fairly obvious, but i cant figure it out. thanks in advance! Hi eric, 1) you might want to use the following instruction when protecting the sheets: ...

copy a pivot table to another sheet in a macro
Hi there, I created a macro that will copy copy the information from a created pivot table to another sheet. I seemed ok when I recorded the macro. But there's no pivot table on the new sheet when I run the macro. What should I do to correct the problem? Thanks, Aline -- Aline Record another macro when you try it again? If it fails again, you may want to describe what you did to copy the data (copy the cells to a new sheet or copy the sheet???). And share the code (that fails) that does the copy. Aline wrote: > > Hi there, > > I created a...

how 2 create and run a macro
i want to try record a new macro. can you teach me the way to create and run it. i am facing the problem Hi a good introduction to macros can be found at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Lee Sok Har wrote: > i want to try record a new macro. can you teach me the way to create > and run it. > i am facing the problem ...

Is Mail Edited
I have an application and sends an email by creating the object of Outlook.Application. That mail goes to OutBox folder in Outlook, once user clicks on Send/Receive button it goes to the recipient. But anyone can edit that mail in outbox and send it. Can I check whether that mail is edited or its the original mail Please Help Sure. By looking at what they sent on their computer. "Marc" <dummy@dummy.com> wrote in message news:%23el%23bBL$KHA.1448@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... :I have an application and sends an email by creating the object of : Outlook.Applic...

Unable to edit custom dictionary within Word 2008
The first time I tried to edit my custom dictionary (I had accidentally entered a misspelled word) in Word 2008, the Edit button was available, but I was unable to click in and actually edit the list of words that came up. I temporarily gave up and resumed my spellcheck to finish the document. Then I tried again to edit the custom dictionary. Now the Edit button is dimmed, and the only way I can edit the custom dictionary is through the finder (by opening the file in a text editor). No matter which document I open or how many times I relaunch Word, this problem persists. Any suggestions? On...

T/F Can't set Hyperlink base from within macro
Excel 2000. I wanted to set the Hyperlink base from within a macro. Then I read: "BuiltinDocumentProperties Property Returns a DocumentProperties collection that represents all the built-in document properties for the specified workbook. Read-only." Among the listed built-in properties is "Hyperlink Base". Putting that together with "read only", I deduce that although I can set the Hyperlink Base as a user, this cannot be done via a macro. Am I correct or is there a loophole somewhere that would allow me to do this? Chris Beall Hi Chris: Sub chris3() ...

Macros #12
I didn't see a group for Excel Macros so I'm posting here. I created a macro, saved it in the workbook that I was working on, gave it a short cut key stroke and it all worked perfectly. When done with the exercise I deleted the macro from that workbook. When I open a new workbook the ctrl key still activates the macro. I can't find where or how I delete the short cut key combo for that macro? All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. SteveR "Steve" <SteveR7138@msn.com> wrote in news:ebQ92OWsFHA.3604@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > I didn't see a gro...

Goto Macro #2
Hi I run Win2K with Excel 2K I require a macro that when I place a number in a cell that the curser then jumps to a particular cell (or range name if that is the better way to do it) ie; Action In cell A1 I type the number 1 Result The curser jumps to cell A20 Action In cell A1 I type the number 2 Result The curser jumps to cell A21 etc etc etc Any help is much appreciated John Calder John In the sheet module.................... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1")) Is No...

Macro open a file in any drive/directory
Hello, I'm tryign to do a macro that will open a file. I want it to bring up the Open File dialog, so that users can search the file they want. Example, the file might be in any drive and one user might call the file differently, so need to be able for users to open the file. I know there'' GetFile code, but can't figure right coding. please advise any help. thank you, juan To show the file>open window use Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Juan" <jhernan562@aol.com> wrote in message news:00c601c3dc5e$45ef40d0$a401...

Macro help please
First I'll say hello. I'm short of time right now, but will be back soon. I do have a problem to solve. I'm trying to write a macro that monitors a cell (W30) and then runs a sub when the value of the cell changes to "1". The sheet will run 24/7, and so should the macro. The value of the sheet will change via DDE link. I've tried macros that detect a cell change in value, but they insist on the (enter) key. Thanks for any help in advance. Gotta run, be back soon. :cool: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.Ex...

Send To Macro
Hi guys, I can set a macro to send the workbook to an emai address/group. What I'm looking for is a way to send just a hyperlin to the file itself instead of the file. FILESIZE being the issue here. Any ideas would be greatly appreciate -- theshelton ----------------------------------------------------------------------- thesheltons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1544 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27042 This may help: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3EC1827F.CA57713B%40msn.com But read the w...

Applying the same macro to multiple Visio documents
Hi, I have created a macro which allows me to convert some of the information in my visio documents to text file. The problem is that I have dozens of visio files which I need to apply this macro to in order to create text files for each of these files. Is there an easy way in which I can apply the macro to all these files? Maybe there is a quick way of loading a macro into an visio document so that it runs when you open the visio file. Thanks for your help, Barry. There is an example of looping through a directory of Visio files at visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm. Look at the second item la...

Macros--excel 2000...
The stop dialog box, should but does not appear when I begin to write a macro. Thus I am unable to write a macro using relative cell reference. What do I have to do to get the sstop dialog box to show up when I initiate a amcro? To reactivate the Stop Recording toolbar: Choose Tools>Macro>Record New Macro Click OK Choose View>Toolbars>Stop Recording Click the Stop Recording button (the blue square) The next time you record a macro, the toolbar should automatically appear. When you're finished recording, click the Stop Recording button If you close the toolbar by click...

delete personal macro
Hi, I've created a macro in my personal wkbk,however, I dont know how to delete the macro completely. I tried to delete from tool --> macro.... , a pop up says I hav to unhide a wkbk to perform. For this, I dont really understand which workbk its asking actually? The orginal one when I was creating the marco? thx The workbook to unhide is Personal.xls. You do that from the Window menu. /On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:15:04 -0800, "kalz" <kalz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I've created a macro in my personal wkbk,however, I dont know how to delete &g...

Macro giving errors at workbook open
I have several macros built into this workbook. One of the macros is supposed to clear all fields in several different ranges. I get the error "cannot change part of a merged cell" and then when i removed any merged cells from the ranges i get some kind of global error. i wiil post my macro here, can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong? Workbook : Option Explicit 'Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) ' Call ChkData ' If CancelA = True Then Cancel = True 'End Sub Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim RngName As Var...

Non-editable field
In a form, can a field be made non-editable AFTER it has been filled in by an event procedure? Are you saying you wish to "lock" the field? You can set this property (Locked) and/or a closely related property (Enabled) within an event procedure. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Donna Rae" <DonnaRae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10A864E8-B7AB-4EF3-A875-839ACB4F7198@microsoft.com... > In a form, can a field be made non-editable AFTER it has been filled in by > an > event procedure? Jeff, What I have is a form wit...

Edit VBA
'Hi 'Below is a code given to me by one of the many good people around here replaced with "=" instead of "<>". 'Question is that I only need to be notified ONCE that cell B72 and B73 are equal (not when both are blank or zero ) 'because right now my worksheet keeps chiming anytime I input any value anywhere even when both mentioned cells are both blank. Private Declare Function sndPlaySound32 Lib "winmm.dll" Alias _ "sndPlaySoundA" (ByVal lpszSoundName As String, _ ByVal uFlags As Long) As Long Private Sub Worksheet_C...

Single Transaction (Can't edit or delete)
I have a single transaction I can not edit or delete. I can't right click on it and I can't highlight it and use the buttons. I am using Money 2008 Business. I can add a new transaction and it will allow me to delete or edit the new transaction. I'm out of ideas. Any help wout be greatly appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, bigfatdummy wrote: >I have a single transaction I can not edit or delete. I can't right click on >it and I can't highlight it and use the buttons. I am using Money 2008 >Business. I can add a new transaction and it will allow me to ...

Macros get disconnected
Hi All I would be very grateful for a little guidance over an issue that is puzzling me. I have a template with a number of macros attached. When I send the template by email to my co-worker, some of the macros don't appear on the form field's "Run macro on Entry or Exit". The macros do appear, however, in the Visual Basic editor. The template works perfectly well, until it is unprotected an edited. Thereafter, those form field that have "lost" the macro name/limk from their form fields don't work anymore. So, as long as the macros in the templ...