edit> find save search settings

Hi, each time I am doing a search (edit>find) I need to untick the Match
entire cell content box - how can I make excel remember that.
Thanks,
Mark
0
mark564 (750)

Excel tries to help by remembering the last settings you used--except for the
first search in that session.

You can use that to your advantage.

You could make a dummy workbook and put it in your xlStart folder.  Have a
macro in that workbook that does a find (and sets all the stuff the way you
like).  Then closes and gets out of the way.

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()

    Worksheets("sheet1").Cells.Find What:="", After:=ActiveCell, _
            LookIn:=xlValues, _
            LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, _
            SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False

    ThisWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False

End Sub

The workbook opens, does a find (to fix your settings) and then closes to get
out of the way.

===
But the next time you do an Edit|find, excel will remember those settings and
"help" you the next time.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

VB Scripting/Macro
Question: What VB code will allow me to rewrite just the worksheet reference in a function/cell reference. For example it says =January!$AH40 and I would like a macro that would change it to =February!$AH40 Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! :) Background: I have 12 cells in a row that each refer to the same cell location on twelve different worksheets within the same workbook. The fill function does not "fill" the worksheet reference. It is too time consuming to manually input or edit 2016 cells. Hi you may have a look at the INDIRECT function for this ...

setting form record source when form is opened
I have a question about setting the record source of a form at the time the form is opened. Background: I need to clean up and modify an application. The application currently only has one table and one template form for data entry. However a separate copy of a selection query and a separate copy of the data entry form have been created for each analyst in the office. The only difference between the queries is the CurrentAnalyst criteria is set to one person’s name. The only difference between the forms is the record source is set to a different selection query. Currently the analysts o...

From switchboard
On my switchboard I have three choices. Enter in Data, Edit current record, Run report. The Edit Currrent Record pulls up a previously entered record via query parameter. My question is do I need to make a copy of my Data Entry (new record) form for this Edit? The macro or command or whatever asks which form to pull up when setting switchboard. Does it pose a problem if either choice pulls up the same form? You can use the same form. Typically, there're different considerations depending on whether your making a new entry (record) into your database or editing an existing entry, so you m...

Best Practice for Set up your internet address and 2 different domains
I want to make sure i get this right the first time. I am setting up an SBS 2008 server and am to the point of setting up the domain. I have 2 - but, both are for different things. name1.com = remote access (don't need for e-mail, just RWW) name2.com = e-mail for company (don't need for RWW, just e-mail) It is my understanding that the "Set up your internet address wizard" will setup exchange (which i will need for name2.com) as well as remote access (which is name1.com)... Another facet is this: i'm not using Exchange completely for e-mail, I am usign th...

Save attachment if email is from joe
I need to save an attachment to a specific network drive/folder if an email comes from a specific person. I know som excel vba but nothing in access, can u guys help me out? Thanks!~ You can create a rule in Outlook to run a script that might look like this: Public Sub SaveAtt(Mail as Outlook.MailItem) Dim Att as Outlook.Attachment If Mail.Attachments.Count Then Set Att=Mail.Attachments(1) Att.SaveAsFile "c:\" & Att.Filename Endif End Sub -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM ...

Saving chart templates
I have created some charts and saved them as templates (crtx). I can apply them to existing chart and, subject to some occasional odd behaviour (plotting agains the ''wrong' axis) it works ok. Not a huge timesaver but you take what you can get. However, if i 'Insert' a new chart using any of three templates I have created - and then attempt to add data to it the workbook is corrupted when I try to save and ALL charts and Range names disappear. I am using the name manager from peltiertech but that has always worked before and even if i avoid using it the pr...

How to set default zoom scale for IE8?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set default zoom scale for IE8? I am using XP with SP3, the default zoom scale is 100%, and I would like to change it into 135% as default. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Click the "Change zoom level" arrow at the bottom right corner in IE8, click "Custom" and set it to 135%. Click Tools, Internet Options, Advanced. Uncheck "Reset zoom level for new windows and tabs". Click OK. -- Regards, Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Desktop ...

move a copy of my saved email files to another computer
I need to copy my saved email files at work to my work laptop. There are about two hundered. Can I copy the files to a disc? How do I up load them to Microsoft Office on my laptop? Can I send them in an email and then drag them to my in box? Create a new Outlook Data File (PST file). Copy the Message Folders you want to transfer into this file. Close Outlook. Copy this PST file and open it in the other Outlook installation. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Maxx Hamilton Mix" <Maxx Hamilton Mix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56EB4B38-46E4-4DC8-8B4D-62...

OWA access and saving messages to the local machine...
It is obvious that a user can save email attachments to their local hard drive. What is the procedure to do the same with an email message? ...

searching for text strings within a range of cells
Hi I wish to search for Text within a range of cells. The searched text may or may not have an exact match. e.g. - I'm looking for all instances of Harris within a range of cells - The ranges - say a1:b45 has many names and values against these names - A typical range with values could be Ted Harris........... 45 John Harris.......... 54 John Hopkins......... 42 Peter Green.......... 62 Ted turner........... 85 etc.... - I wish to get all the instances where "Harris" appears - (i.e.) I'm looking for - the instance numbers I.e. 1,2 in the above e.g. or - ...

Search Task, contacts and calendar together
In Outlook 2003, the search function allowed the task, contacts and calendar folrders to be searched all at once. I just started using Outlook 2007 and I have not been able to duplicate that kind of search. How do i create a search that searches across all 3 folders at once. Thanks for the help "William23" <William23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:516DE604-718F-4958-B3A1-2AF04DDBAA59@microsoft.com... > In Outlook 2003, the search function allowed the task, contacts and calendar > folrders to be searched all at once. I just started using Ou...

Finding Server-Side Rules
I want to generate a report of all server-side rules, or at least all mailboxes containing server-side rules, on an Exchange 5.5 server in preparation for a migration to 2003. So far I have come up blank. Is there any tool out there to gather this kind of information short of writing a program using CDO? "=?Utf-8?B?V29sZg==?=" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:3F616242-8854-47C2-A8C8-063D2045519C@microsoft.com: > I want to generate a report of all server-side rules, or at least all > mailboxes containing server-side rules, on an Exchange 5.5 server ...

Finding data for a chart in word
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3325082853_2433946 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit After inserting a chart in a word document I cannot seem to get back to the excel worksheet update data on the chart. Advice please. Thank you. Joe --B_3325082853_2433946 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Finding data for a chart in word<...

Document not saved #5
Good Day! My File at the network always encounter this error-Document not save- I cannot save the file so I always open a new workbook and copy each worksheet of the file i cannot save.Im using Excel 97 SR-2 and Windows NT SP6. What is the cause of this error? How can I prevent this? give me some advise. thanks! I received this error most frequently when I worked at a little company that had a very flaky network. It was constantly experiencing interruptions. When you open an Excel file from a network and the network connection gets interrupted, even for a moment, then Excel "can...

Perspective setting won't save in a 3-D column chart
I have a 3-D column chart that has the perspective setting as 20, the elevation as 24 degrees and the rotation as 198 degrees. I change the settings, close the dialog box and click save. Yet the perspective setting resets itself to 15 every time I open the file. I am using Excel 2007. Any suggestions? Thanks. Hi Kathi, I have been able to duplicate your problem, I suggest this is a bug, although there might be some reason for this behavior, I can't think of any. It's probably not worth it but I suppose you could attach a macro to the Open_Workbook event and reset it to...

the save as button has gone from my file menu
I am using acess for my database but when I have to re-name a data and have to save as there is only the save on the file menu how can I get the saveas button back?...

changing categories settings
Why is that when I go to set up a category on the category list, I can't find the option of "special - category (transfer to or credit card payment)" in the list? Why can't I have the credit payment category on my expenses report? -- sshilder In microsoft.public.money, suzana wrote: >Why is that when I go to set up a category on the category list, I can't find >the option of "special - category (transfer to or credit card payment)" in >the list? I am guessing you would want to set Tools->Settings->AccountSettings->DisplayAllAccount...

SQL OPtions when setting up new user
In version 7.5, there was options for updating the SQL server with user information, (checkboxes) I cant find that in version 9. What is happening is we add users to PDK, and have that program update the SQL database with the user information. Now when I try and add a user to Great Plains, I get the message that the user is already a user in the database. Where can you turn the option off to update the SQL database and just add the user to Dynamics? thanks! -- Doug Same question. Please advise! "Doug" wrote: > In version 7.5, there was options for updating the SQL...

mirror saved files
how can i save files to have the original files changed to... Hi not really sure what your question is. Could you describe with more details -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "excels" <excels@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5986D3B0-F44B-48D1-9424-8CD87D66E9D2@microsoft.com... > how can i save files to have the original files changed to... ...

Setting length of all cells in a column
I have a column in a spreadsheet that holds bank account numbers. Unfortunately, although a bank account number has to be 8 characters long (e.g. 00012345), some of the leading zeros have been dropped, meaning that the cell > only contains, for example, 12345. Some fields only have one leading zero, so the field has been dropped to 7 characters long, whilst some have no leading zero so are already the required 8 characters long. There are 8000 lines on this spreadsheet so changing the lines manually is not feasible. Any idea how I could quickly change those fields that are not alr...

How to set Outlook files for backup using the Backup Tool?
Using the Personal Folders Backup Tool in Outlook 2007 using Vista, I highlight the top level folder in my "All Mail Items" list (labelled as Personal Folders) and click File/Backup but under the direction "Save backup copies of these personal folders files" the dialog box says "(No files set for backup)." When I click on "Options," the next dialog box shows one subfolder name with a checkbox to mark if you wanted to back up its files, but not any others. There are a lot of other subfolders whose files I want to back up, but they are not ...

Set reminder when importing into Outlook
Does anybody know how to set the reminder on when importing meetings from Excel to Outlook? What do I need to put in the Excel column to make Outlook read that I want it to turn on? ...

Setting up Outlook Express to work with an MSN e-mail account
Does anybody know how to set up Outlook Express to work with an MSN e-mail account? There are instructions for Hotmail but they don't work. Any help is appreciated... "J.O." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:041b01c3db01$0002a750$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Does anybody know how to set up Outlook Express to work > with an MSN e-mail account? There are instructions for > Hotmail but they don't work. Any help is appreciated... This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Expr...

unable to save changes to shared spreadsheet (07)
I have a large spreadsheet that resides on our Windows 2003 server and is accessed via network shares at our location and terminal server at one remote location. It is currently saved in office 2003 format (XLS) and I had to install Excel 2007 since Microsoft released an update a couple of weeks ago that disabled my sharing Excel 2003 spreadsheets. It by default takes the latest version as the on that it will open with. Intermittently, my users remote users receive , "unable to save file, locked by Administrator" this is me and I am not using. They must do a save as and th...

Extender Fields in Smart lists
We are using AnyView to create customized Smartlists using extender fields. We can get the fields to appear but they can't be searched on intelligently... Any help would be appreciated. -- Tom This won't be a popular answer, but switch to SmartList Buider. LV "Flickwine" wrote: > We are using AnyView to create customized Smartlists using extender fields. > We can get the fields to appear but they can't be searched on > intelligently... Any help would be appreciated. > -- > Tom Haven't heard that one (anyview purchased by microsoft) althou...