Economics: Supply and Demand Elasticity Chart

Does anyone know how to make an attractive graph that would show total revenue changes through product elasticty? Maybe even show the equilibrium changes? Thanks so much.
0
AcidZeerO (1)

Re: How can I change the color of negative bubble in bubble chart
Actually, you have to define your second color, click OK twice, so the series displays the gradient, then double click the series again,on the patterns tab, select the fill for positive values, and hit OK. (The series must actually display the gradient for a moment in order to remember the second color). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message news:... > Double click on the series, on the Patterns tab, ...

Chart Y-Axis Title
My Y-Axis titles are cut-off and do not display the entire title. It does not matter what size font I use. Why is this doing this? Why? Because it is a well-known bug. We look forward to Excel 2007! It seems to be related to video since some have the problem and others do not. Add some periods (dots) to the end of the title and then format them the same colour as the background so that those without the problem will not see them best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "PelleritoConsultants" <PelleritoConsultants@discussions.micros...

chart to SUM mileage over months
I am trying to chart how many miles I drive each month. I have the data in 3 main columns, A shows the date, B shows the reason for trip and C shows the number of miles driven. I can chart column C with the X axis displaying monthly. The problem is that the chart displays a month for every cell in Column C - however I may have a number of enteries for any given month - therefore the first three cells in column C may in for the month of June. Is it possible to make a chart that recognises which date each cell in column C refers to and to add them and chart the total for that month? Ap...

Excel 2007 does not update chart data
I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet. It calculates several numbers in several rows. The rows are shown in a simple bar graph. When I open it in Excel 2007, and I adjust the input, all numbers in all rows are adjusted. But some of the bars in the graph are not adjusted. The data in the bars are linked to cells with new values, but the bar shows the old value. Pressing CALC does not help. Is this a bug in Excel 2007? Or am I doing something wrong? ...

actual vs plan chart
I have a table of data, let's call it ACTUAL SALES by month, similar to following: Business Unit West East North South Jan09 20 30 15 10 Feb09 10 20 30 40 Mar09 14 16 12 10 I have a table that looks like it, for PLANNED SALES data, with various numbers for each business unit's planned target for the same periods for which I have actuals. What I want to do is (ideally) create a stacked bar chart of the Actuals for each region (ie, the height of the stack = total actual sales), ...

Org Chart:1 Manager 2 Sections
How do I divide two work sections of employees under one manager? I tried arranging the first set of staff under a vertical alignment and wrapping a team frame around them, but when I add positions to create the 2nd team, they are aligned the same. If I arrange the employees horizontally, members are randomly assigned to the left or right, breaking the team arrangments. ...

Bar Charts created in Excel 2003
For certain charts that I create within Excel 2003 (usually bar charts), I use a font size of 8 (eg for data labels, axis labels, and scale). If I close the file and then re-open it, all these fonts will have become size one (title and legend are not effected). Oddly, if I have created a bar chart and made several copies of it within a worksheet, it will only be the original and not the copies that are affected by this. If anyone can shed any light on why this may be happening and how it could be fixed, I would really appreciate it. I've also posted this in the excel group so apologies to ...

adding percentages to stacked bar charts
I have a stacked bar chart that I would like to add percent labels to. When I click on the chart options and go to the data labels tab, the 'percentage' box visible but it is greyed out and is not an option. Is there a way I can display the percentages on this chart? Thank you!! Thank you Andy! It's too bad it's not an automatic feature. "Andy Pope" wrote: > Hi, > > You would need to calculate the percentages, using formula, in some other > cells. > You can then link the data labels to those cells using this free addin > http://www.apps...

VBA code to extract m-coefficient in linear trendlines from ALL charts
I have no VBA experience and have been trying to modify a code I found online used to extract all coefficients from the trendline textbox. I've pretty much gotten nowhere. The problem is that it's written to extract only the coefficients of trendline 1 in chart 1. What I would like is to extract only the m coefficient of mx+b of all of the trendlines in however many charts I may have in the sheet. The charts each have 4 trendlines in them. I would like for chart 1 tline 1 extracted to D3 and tline 2 to E3. Then tline 3 to D4 and tline 4 to E4. Chart 2 would have tline 1 to D5 an...

3 month rolling chart
I've looked at some examples but found myself lost. I have a sheet that shows overtime by department (those being the rows) by month (columns), and wanted to make a chart that will show a rolling three months for each department, so it would show August, July, and June, and next month Sept, Aug, July. I know I have to use the Name function and Offset in some terms but am somewhat lost. The department names start in A7 and go down, the months start B4 and go across. Any help would be appreciated. In article <FFBCC27A-3B21-4F71-991D-6A86A2A2B51F@microsoft.com>, Shanin@discu...

Chart #3
I'm trying to crate a chart where to information in the cells can be typed on a slant Hi Quiana, Having difficulting understanding your question. Maybe you could provide a little more detail. Quiana wrote: > I'm trying to crate a chart where to information in the cells can be typed on a slant -- Cheers Andy http://www.andypope.info To display a cell's text on a slant: 1. Select the cell 2. Choose Format>Cells 3. Select the Alignment tab 4. In the Orientation setting, drag the red diamond, or select a number of degrees 5. Click OK Quiana wrote: > I'm...

can you make crosshairs on a chart in excel?
Add a series with one point, where the X and Y values of this point locate the intersection of the horizontal and vertical crosshairs. If it isn't already an XY type, convert it. Add X and Y error bars with appropriate custom values to reach the edges of the chart. You'll have to lock in the scale min and max parameters. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "RobGrn" <RobGrn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12F543E7-1107-41D3-A93A-528C90F38...

Chart's objects' properties
Hello -- Can someone suggest a source for code which loops through all of a chart's properties, and the properties of all of its elements? Thanks for any help. Larry Mehl --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.558 / Virus Database: 350 - Release Date: 1/2/2004 If you look at the XL object model, you will find that your request would constitute a large -- very, very large -- amount of data! -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custo...

Difficult chart to compose?
I would like to make the following chart but don't know how to do this. Data: - for 5 persons I have values of a variable Y at different stages of development. - the number of stages of development that are distinguished differs between the 5 persons (3, 4, 5 or 6 different stages). The chart: -The chart should show a line for each person with horizontally the stage of development and vertically variable Y (so 5 lines). -The line for the person for which 3 stages are distinguished should start all the way to the left of the figure and stop all the way to the right of the figure. So s...

HELP- Weird Charting Bug
Greetings, I am plotting a simple xy line chart and have run across some weird behaviour in EXCEL 2002 (SP-2). The reference values are very small (ie y= 1.9347E-166). The x values range from 400-1000. I have the values formatted to Numeric with 4 decimal places. Therefore for the most part the plot should be a flat line running at 0.0000 but for some reason the plot ranges from 0-1.0000. Moving the cursor over the points on the chart, the dialog value shows 0.0000E+00 but the chart reads about 0.98 (see attached). Has anyone seen this before? Could it be the values are somehow wrappi...

baby charts
I need to find a chart that I can download to chart my baby's eating times & changing times too? I think you must have an idea of what you want, if not place the times across the top 0 to 23 for hours or place 12:00 AM into cell B1 and 1:00 AM into C1 and then select B1:B2 and use the fill handle to fill across In cell A1: 'Date \ Time In cell A2: 09/01/2005 format as mm/dd/yyyy ddd or whatever format you use. This is for US entry and format. use the fill-handle to fill down to end of month File, page setup, Headers and Footers customer header: cen...

Excel charts won't appear or preview. Help!
Hello, In Excell 2003 I cannot get my charts or graphs to appear or preview. I was able too at first. But I accidentally hit right click and then clear several times after having created template line chart for the first time. This subsequently one at a time removed different aspects of my chart until my chart was gone. And now i cannot get the charts to appear again. Not even a preview. Thank you in advance foe your help and advice. This problim has been solved. Thank you. ...

Floating chart
Is there a way to "float" a chart on screen so when I scroll down through data, the chart stays on screen? You can show the Chart Window (on the chart's right click menu), but I think all you need to do is touch anything else in the Excel window to make the chart window vanish. You could open a modeless userform, and use either John Walkenbach's (http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip66.htm) or Stephen Bullen's (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=PastePicture.zip) technique to put the chart onto the form. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tu...

Excel chart with column and line
Hi, I am preparing a graph. There are two chart-types being shown - column and line, but they are associated. The X-axis shows 'calendar quarters' while the Y-axis shows $USD. The number of column graphs for each quarter can be 1 or 2. For example, in Q1 I have a single column graphs in Q2 2..... I have just a single line graph. My problem is that since the number of column graphs varies the markers for the line graph appear 'offset', which from a visual perspective looks confusing. The marker only appears aligned properly for those quarters that have 2 column graphs....

Org Chart Shapes
In preparing an org chart I opted to use the chart wizard in connection with an excel sheet. All shapes are the same height & width. Is there a setting that will allow me to change all master shape No. 1s to a specific height/width in one go? Equally all Master shape No.2,3,4+5? I can certainly select all the Managers in the first sheet and adjust them to the same size and shape on this one sheet but I would like to be able to ensure that alle the same "units" are identical across the pages. Thanks in advance for any help. On Thu, 8 May 2008 05:59:03 -0700, Excel_User ...

Getting out of pivot chart view -Help!
I'm working in Excel 2003 and don't know how to get out of the pivot chart view and back to the database. -- white rabbit never mind. I figured it out. Duh. -- white rabbit "white rabbit" wrote: > I'm working in Excel 2003 and don't know how to get out of the pivot chart > view and back to the database. > -- > white rabbit ...

Can't save chart as object in current sheet
I am using Excel 2000. I have copied an existing file to use as a template. One sheet contains a table of data that I want to chart. When I get to the last step of the chart wizard, the option is grayed out for saving the chart as an object on one of the sheets. I was able to work around the problem by using the copy sheet command to copy all the sheets to a new workbook. I cannot figure out what the original user could have done to this file to make the "create as object" option unavailable. I'd appreciate any insight you can give me. Thanks. I have Excel 2003 an...

Charting 3 columns help
I am working on a staffing chart with three columns: Staffing Time Incident 6 3 1234 15 9 1234 I would like a graph to show the "Time" on the left the "Incident" on the bottom and Staffing in the chart I have racked my brain and have not figured out how, to make the chart work that is :o) Do I need to re-arrange the columns? a different way? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Steve In your brief sample, Incident has no variation. How do you want staffing to appear in the cha...

Excel 2007 Chart Colors
I posted this a few days ago and no one has responded. Does anyone know how to manipulate the colors of a chart in Excel 2007??? I have the following code that was written in Excel 2003. Every time I run it in Excel 2007 it crashes. I can't find anything about changing the colors of a series in an Excel 2007 chart. Also, when I try to record a macro to change the chart colors to gain insight, nothing gets written to the macro regarding the color change. Help! Sheets("Chart1").SeriesCollection(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 5 You received two replies. It appears...

DDE Real-time stock chart
I have a DDE link to update stock prices. Does any know if it is possible to chart these stock prices in real-time as they are changing? Thanks! ...