E-mailing excel templates?

I use Excel to track and compile my billing info, but use Word to invoice my
costomers by e-mail.  Transfering data from Eexcel to Word has become
combersome and error prone.   The obvious answer is to use Excel invoice
templates, can these templates be displayed by PCs that donot have Excel
installed?
0
StevePMB (1)

No. Each computer must have Excel installed.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"StevePMB" <StevePMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use Excel to track and compile my billing info, but use Word
>to invoice my
> costomers by e-mail.  Transfering data from Eexcel to Word has
> become
> combersome and error prone.   The obvious answer is to use
> Excel invoice
> templates, can these templates be displayed by PCs that donot
> have Excel
> installed?

0
chip1 (1821)

Non3rd Party: Multiple Taxes (i.e. 2 Diff States)
I posted this a few days ago, and had some great response, however, I am looking for a non 3rd party solution to this issue. Does anyone have any ideas? RMS V1.3flat I am trying to establish two different Item tax structures for two different tax authorities, let's say one for MN and one for ND state. Preface: I am giving this as a real HL example. Assigning taxes on a per customer basis will not work as a solution to this issue. Please do not take it literally that I need to assign per customer based on Billing or Shipping State. Example: MN Tax has: MN State, MN City and MN C...

a sample question about excel VBA
How can I make msgbox like this? �� there are X sheets of this workbook the first page name is : Sheets(1).Name the secod page name is : Sheets(2).Name �� until to the last page the X page mane is : Sheets(X).Name How can I write this module? Sub WorksheetNames() Dim i As Long Dim strAnswer As String strAnswer = _ "There are " & Worksheets.Count & _ " sheets of this workbook" For i = 1 To Worksheets.Count strAnswer = strAnswer & vbCr & _ "Sheet " & i & " : " & _...

Excel Menus Greyed out
This only happens in Excel XP and a re-install and/or repair don't seem to fix it. All other Office apps are fine. Anyone seen this? Remedy?! ...

Excel cannot open email program.
I often use "file.. send to... mail recipient" to send a spreadsheet as text in the body of an e-mail. I prefer that to sending excel as an attachment, since my recipients may not have excel and usually don't need to see formulas. On my new computer however I get the message "excel could not open the e-mail program" if I try the first option above. Both excel 2002 and outlook 2002 are working fine. I "repaired" office just to be sure. Still doesn't work. Only difference is that the computer came with a trial version of office 2003 which I don...

Default Line Weight in Excel
How do I change the default setting for the "Line Weight" when creating charts - at the moment all of my graphs are created with a very thin line weight & I would like the standard to be thicker.... You can't change the default line weight. However, you can create a custom chart with the heavier line weights and then use that custom chart instead of Excel's defaults. To do so, click once on your finished chart with the heavier line weights. Go to the standard toolbar and select Chart -> Chart Type. In the Chart Type dialog box, select the Custom Types tab. ...

GETPIVOTDATA and Date-type field (Excel 2007)
Data Sample *************** Trip 0346210980 Statement Date 3/24/2010 Description STARBUCKS Date 03/08/2010 LocCurrAmt 3.47 Formula: =GETPIVOTDATA("LocCurrAmt",A6,"Statement Date",DATE(2010,3,24)) Problem: I keep getting a #REF error. When I evaluate the error it's always with the DATE function. Steps I've taken: 1. Confirmed that my date is a number and not text. 2. Tried using the date serial number (40261) instead of the DATE function. 3. Confirmed the GETPIVOTDATA works...

Excel 2003
Whenever a colleague updates a spreadsheet I've created it comes back 10MBytes large whereas it was originally only 50KBytes. It looks to me as if the colleague accidentally adds tens or hundreds of thousands of empty rows. How can I delete all rows below a certain row. Delete does not work. Copying the real rows into a new worksheet loses the formatting. When I apply the formatting from the big spreadsheet (paste formatting) I end up with hundreds of thousands of rows again :-( Any suggestions? Tom Selecting all the rows below your actual data. Right-click, delete cells. (this is...

access / excel link
i know that i can link excel tables to an access database. can i link an access table to a spreadsheet? -- TomMurray hi Tom, tom wrote: > i know that i can link excel tables to an access database. can i link an > access table to a spreadsheet? You may use Data/Get External Data, but this not the same as linked table. Depending on your needs, you may consider using a VBA procedure (macro) to read the data with a DAO.Recordset and copy it manually into to your cells - you can copy also a complete recordset, see CopyFromRecordset in Excel. mfG --> stefan <-- thanks stefa...

How do I assign a shortcut key to an existing macro in Excel 2003.
ntahall, Alt+F8 to bring up the choose macro box, select your macro, options, assign a shortcut from there -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "ntahall" <ntahall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21B6102C-4B88-4131-A9AC-C48879896A17@microsoft.com... > ...

E-mail Filtering
How might I give only a couple of users right to send email to the internet, but allow all to send internal mail? Thanks, Jay http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:283cf01c4643d$9b136a20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How might I give only a couple of users right to send > email to the internet, but allow all to send internal mail? > > Thanks, > Jay ...

Creating the occurrence frequency chart in Excel
I had a need to put a series of numbers into buckets of size 5. I created the following formula, and "dragged it down" =A1 + IF(MOD(A1,5), 5-MOD(A1,5), 0) I am sure that there is a better way of doing this. Can someone suggest it? Also, I wanted to come up with an occurrence frequency chart for my data. For example if I have numbers 4, 9, 13, 13, 17, 19, 19, 19, then I would like the occurrence frequency chart to plot the following informatiuon in a 2D chart: 0-4: 1 5-9: 2 10-14:2 15-30: 3 Thanks, Song Hi: This will work out the buckets for you. Paste it into the first cel...

Conditional Opening of Excel file
Hi, I have a complex workbook that relies on various SUMIF's from othe reference workbooks. If these aren't open, then obviously the formula don't work. As it's for someone else; I want a piece of VB so that when they *open the main workbook, it checks to see if the ref file is open, and i not, it automatically opens it for them. A bit like this sub worksheetopen '(Not sure where this should go in parent book) if workbook("Referencefile.xls") is NOT open then workbook("referencefile.xls").open endif endsub Any ideas folks?:confused -- Message p...

Suppressing zeros after the decimal point
How can I force zeros to display following a decimal point in Excel 2002? Whenever I type a number, such as 3.200, Excel drops the zeros and only enters 3.2 into the cell. Is there a setting that can be changed to fix this? (Using the "0.00" custom format seems to help, but if I have another number, such as 4.70, which only needs one zero to display, then I need another custom format for that one, and the next one, etc.) If anyone has a simpler suggestion, I'd appreciate it. Thanks! Hi AFAIK you can't achieve this with a custom format. Either you have three decimals or...

how many characters i can put into one cell in Excel
If i typed a whole paragraph into one cell of Excel, only a part of para show up in that cell. I tried wrap text, increase the height of the column. Nothing happen. Any one have idea about it or there are some limit to view in Excel in one cell Hi Search for 'specifications' in Help: It says '32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar.' -- Andy. "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:747E6CFE-88D9-4F4C-950E-56F0885C3096@microsoft.com... > If i typed a whole paragraph into one cell o...

excel charts look drastically different on different computers
When we open excel charts on different computers in our office the formatting looks drastically different (for example, data labels and arrows on charts are in different locations). This is a huge problem because it means that the formatting has to be fixed each time someone opens an excel chart. This was never a problem until recently when some of our staff got new computers and for a short time they were using Office 2007 (everyone else in the office was using Office 2003). We've switched everyone back to Office 2003, but the problem with excel charts persists. When u ad...

Mail Flow
We are using a smarthost to route our emails through another outing group. The problem is the emails are not routing through the routing group anymore they are going out through to the intended servers. We are on Windows Server 2003 and running exchange 2003 cluster. Any help will help. Not sure what you mean...can you give a clearer picture of your topology, and what you are trying to accomplish? "AJ" <ajohnso9@jcpenney.com> wrote in message news:O5FDFFfOFHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > We are using a smarthost to route our emails through another outing group....

Can an Excel file be converted into Visio?
Does anyone know if this is even possible? Is there a converter pack or a website that would illustrate this process? Thanks, Jim ...

Send mail problem
I have a small (3 computer lan) and am using outlook 97 on the networked computers. The system has worked fine for about four months but recently the networked computers cannot send email. The error: 'No transport provider is available to send to this recipient.' comes back everytime. I'm on DSL with sbcglobal.net and mail from the server works fine. TIA, Jim ...

E-Mail being delivered, but disappearing
OK, here we go. Whenever I log onto Outlook and do a send & receive, the status bar shows, for example, "receiving 1 of 5". It then proceeds to progress through the receipt of the five e-mails and finishes. However, when completed, there is no mail in my Inbox! It's not in any other folders either. It's just not there!! I have no rules in to send mail to a folder, and when I log onto the web service, there are no e-mails there, so I can only assume that they are being delivered. Yet, there's nothing in my Inbox. Zip. Zilch. Nothing. It has only recently star...

Change the mail path
My IMAP server is UNIX-based, my e-mail is stored in its own directory in user home directory-for example: ~username/Mail. i have windows -xp in compaq system. which is part of lan. i want to change the path of default mail(i.e where d mails r saved.) please help me out. The instructions gvn in help is not able to help me out. Please guide Thanx in advance../// Raghav wrote: > My IMAP server is UNIX-based, my e-mail is stored in its own directory in > user home directory-for example: ~username/Mail. i have windows -xp in > compaq system. which is part of lan. i want to...

excel 2000 convert to excel 2003
Hi I would like to move current excell 2000 spread sheets and open them in 2003 excel. Please help in any way. I have copied my excell 2000 data onto a floppy however it will not open in Excel 2003 XL2000 and XL2003 share exactly the same file format and so should open just fine in either. However, you should never open XL files on floppies - XL uses temporary files, which may exceed the capacity of the floppy. Instead, copy the file from the floppy to your HD before opening. In article <72864281-728A-4B27-8317-A760E6440BB2@microsoft.com>, cityof <cityof@discussions.microsoft...

Font size changes in Excel 2003 charts when re-opened
For certain charts that I create within Excel 2003 (usually bar charts), I use a font size of 8 (eg for data labels, axis labels, and scale). If I close the file and then re-open it, all these fonts will have become size one (title and legend are not effected). Oddly, if I have created a bar chart and made several copies of it within a worksheet, it will only be the original and not the copies that are affected by this. If anyone can shed any light on why this may be happening and how it could be fixed, I would really appreciate it. Lucie ...

Using VBA to change Excel layouts
Our company has designed 4 different spreadsheet designs. The same data gets stored in any of the 4 spreadsheet layouts....the only difference is that some spreadsheets use different colors, have different fonts and cell sizes and etc... I thought it would be nice to create just ONE spreadsheet that contains a combo-box or list-box or drop-down box which allows the user to select 1 of the 4 layout choices, then I want VBA to programattically setup the spreadsheet layout according to the users choice. Does that make sense? Does anybody know any good ways to implement something lik...

undelete or recover a contact or mailing list
It is very easy to unintentionally delete a contact or mailing list in Outlook 2003. Is there any way to recover same? Office 2003 Small Business Ed XP Pro SP1 psa wrote: > It is very easy to unintentionally delete a contact or mailing list in > Outlook > 2003. > > Is there any way to recover same? > > Office 2003 Small Business Ed XP Pro SP1 If you make backups, yes. You should back up all your data, including your PST file(s) regularly anyway. That said, perhaps see http://www.sparnaaij.net/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm Did you look in your D...

Excel Crash
Multiple users here have this same problem that whenever they open a particular Excel file, it gives them a "Send Report Error." Weird thing about it is it doesnt happen in all their Excel files, only happens to some of them. Also tried opening the very same file/s they are having problems with on my machine and it worked fine. I have patched Office (SP2), updated Acrobat Reader, updated signatures, uninstalled/reinstalled Office, and done all the possible troubleshooting on these machines but still error occurs. Any help appreciated, thanks! Isolate the problem as best yo...