Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

What I'm trying to accomplish is to be able to run a procedure that selects a
range based on a number provided in another cell.  For example; if the number
10 is in cell A1, then cells A20:A30 would be selected when I run the macro.
If the number 6 is provided, then cells A20:A26 would be selected.  Not sure
where to start, so any help is appreciated.

this may do what you want
range("A20").Resize(range("A1").Value+1).select

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"TEK" <TEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What I'm trying to accomplish is to be able to run a procedure that selects a
> range based on a number provided in another cell.  For example; if the number
> 10 is in cell A1, then cells A20:A30 would be selected when I run the macro.
> If the number 6 is provided, then cells A20:A26 would be selected.  Not sure
> where to start, so any help is appreciated.

0
Gary
1/23/2010 3:32:51 AM
Gary,

That did it.  Thank you for your help.

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

> this may do what you want
> range("A20").Resize(range("A1").Value+1).select
>
> --
>

> Gary Keramidas
> Excel 2003
>

> "TEK" <TEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > What I'm trying to accomplish is to be able to run a procedure that selects a
> > range based on a number provided in another cell.  For example; if the number
> > 10 is in cell A1, then cells A20:A30 would be selected when I run the macro.
> > If the number 6 is provided, then cells A20:A26 would be selected.  Not sure
> > where to start, so any help is appreciated.
>
> .

How to select series in chart?

Dynamic Xml editor
Hi, I am writing a user control that will help a user that know (almost) nothing about Xml to build a Xml file based on a Xsd schema that is given to the user control. The idea is to have a treeview on the left and a property grid on the right. The treeview is loaded with the root elements from the schema. When the user right click on a node, a context menu allow him to add subnodes if schema allow it. This way, the user can create items, attributes, ... The property grid is filled by the user with data. At the end, the Xml file is generated and validated. My problem is about the design....

VBA training suggestions?
I'm looking for tips on software out there on learning VBA for Excel. I know how to create macros and have a good idea of what a script might look like for the macro I created. I just want to learn how to write them on my own for my personal use. Any suggestions? Thank you kindly for your input! I do not know of any software for learning VBA, but you can't go wrong looking at all the Excel VBA web sites as well as purchasing a copy of John Walkenbach's "Excel 2003 Power Programming with VBA" http://j-walk.com/ss/. Recording macros and then editing them is a pow...

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Use exchange from a trusted domain

OLK 2k7

Single click selects multiple cells

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

compact database in VBA access 2007

Getting rid of selection

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Using INDIRECT within functions

Help with simple(?) VBA function

Macro
Hi, i need an macro to select all filled cells in range C10:K90. Can this be done? Thanks!!! Range("C10:K90").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, _ xlNumbers + xlTextValues).Select If you want to select xlErrors and xlLogical add those to xlNumbers + xlTextValues -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "puiuluipui" wrote: > Hi, i need an macro to select all filled cells in range C10:K90. > Can this be done? > Thanks!!! It's perfect! Thanks! "Jacob Skaria" a scris: > Range("C10:K90").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, _ >...

How to use count for calls per hour

Dynamic Context Menu
Happy New Year Everyone! I wrote a small program to process some data files. I would like to integrate its functionality to the Windows shell, so I can right-click on these files and select options from the menu (just like WinZip does). I have been playing with the registry, and successfully added right-click functionality, but I can only do static menus. I would like the menus to be dynamic, since the options will vary depending on the content of the data file. Is there any sample code that illustrates this? I have been searching a lot, and all I can find are examples in ...