Dynamic range does not appear in name box

I have defined a dynamic range using the offset and counta functions in the
define name box.  The name works fine in my formulas, but does not appear in
the drop-down name box on the formula bar.  Is there a way to get this name
to appear there?  Thanks.

Dave

Nope.

But you could use Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew
Henson) Name Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

--

Dave Peterson
0

Carriage Return in General Text Box?
Have a cell defined as GENERAL with wrapped text. How can I put a carriage return in the middle of my wrapped text and start a new paragraph, all in one cell. Use Alt+Enter -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message news:eJmtR4kAFHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Have a cell defined as GENERAL with wrapped text. How can I put a > carriage return in the middle of my wrapped text and start a new > paragraph, all in one cell. > > ...

Text boxes and lines, rectangles etc
Mine question is a bit like Gregs. When I click on Text boxes, lines, circles, rectangles, etc, only the eight dots (handles) appear on the page. No outlines. What must I configure? Actually I think we have the same problem. Greg "Baudinot" wrote: > Mine question is a bit like Gregs. When I click on Text boxes, lines, > circles, rectangles, etc, only the eight dots (handles) appear on the page. > No outlines. What must I configure? It's driving me mad, Greg. Whats the answer? "Greg Bowers" wrote: > Actually I think we have the same problem. > ...

Dynamics 9 upgrade and field service error in utilities
I am following the upgrade instruction to the tee. I installed version 9 on the server to a new location, launhed utilities, then cancelled, in order to install SP #2. I now launch utilities and in the product validation, I get an error in 1 of our 15 databases: Unable to get extended version info for product 949 (field service). We don't use this, nor did I install this. Why is it trying to update a product we do not use, nor did I select during the 9.0 install? ...

Is there any way to get all the page names in onenote?
Hi, I'm working on a tools which need to collect the name for all the pages in onenote workbook. Seems there is a Table of Contents powertoy that does this as I recall. "Ken Teng" <Ken Teng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9D0D2C4-E2AE-4271-8B14-32EF6E808552@microsoft.com... > Hi, I'm working on a tools which need to collect the name for all the > pages > in onenote workbook. > Michael wrote: > "Ken Teng" wrote: >> Hi, I'm working on a tools which need to collect the name for all the >> page...

Display names in Outlook 2003 address book
Moved from Office XP Pro to Office 2003. Mail sent from my computer will show the following in Sent to:, CC:, and BCC: FirstnameLastname instead of Firstname Lastname ie..there are no spaces between the first and last name. This was not a problem with the same address book in Office XP Pro (Outlook). Can someone explain why and what's the fix ? Mike E. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Moved from Office XP Pro to Office 2003. How? What exact steps did you use? > Mail sent from > my computer will show the following in Sent to:, CC:, and > BCC:...

Is it possible to create a crm user without a domain login name?
Is it possible to create a crm user without a domain login name? Isn't domain logon name a required field? I heard somewhere that this was possible? We need to change some account's owners to future domain users. Domainlogname is required field in CRM Like --- (Microsoft\ba) and it means you need to create a user in CRM .Account always has an owner , which is CRM user. would like to hear if someone has some tricks to bypass the domainlogname :=) ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ IT is required when you create the user, but once you have created the user, ...

VBA selecting an input range of cells
Hi I have a small request for help with code. I need a simple macro to have popups request the first and last cells in a range , and then to select the range indicated in the popups. Can someone help? Grateful for any assistance Something like: Sub PickaRanage() Dim s1 As String, s2 As String, s3 As String s1 = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Enter address of first cell", Type:=2) s2 = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Enter address of last cell", Type:=2) Range(s1 & ":" & s2).Select End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 ...

Short Path Name via VB.NET
I have a legacy app from a manufacturer that requires a driver file with a path in short format. The path is guaranteed to exist so there are no problems there as I understand the path (or file) must exist in order to make the conversion. I looked around a bit and found several articles showing how to do this with an API call. Is there no native method in the .NET framework that will give me this? thanks AGP On 2010-03-04, DIOS <sindizzy@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a legacy app from a manufacturer that requires a driver file > with a path in short format. The path is gu...

Changing the name part of a From address in outbound emails
When emails are sent from one of our pcs, the name of the pc (APC017) is being displayed to the email's recipient as part of the 'From:' field (ie. the From field shows APC017<mail@mycompany.com>). How do we change the APC017 part? We have changed the Display Name and other properties but it has not made any difference. We don't want to change all of our email addresses - just customise this specific one. We are using Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange 2003 SP2 and Outlook 2003. Apologies if this is something really simple! Many thanks Graham You will most l...

Check box contols move!
I have a spreadsheet with numerous check boxes. Everything looks great when I do a "print preview", but after I close the preview and return to the spreadsheet, a bunch of the check boxes have moved! Have I got a property improperly set, or is it something more sinister? I've looked all over, and can't find an explanation of what the various property settings mean... Bill Hi Bill, See: Controls move to the left of the worksheetin Microsoft Excel 2002http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910 --- Regards, Norman "William M. Bickley" &l...

Text Box angled
Hi: I am working with a powerpoint document I have inserted a text box I want to angle the text box i.e. slant it; katty corner it Can I make this happen? I can send an attchment of my document if this helps? thanks kathy Might try a PowerPoint newsgroup... Try the autoshapes, make a square, right-click, add text, then rotate. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kathy" <kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3DD257A-FA1F-4EDD-A768-E68B3CE111CC@microsoft.com... > Hi: > I am working w...

Amana Black Over the Range Microwave AMV1160VAB
List Price:$213.68 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001FXJBOC Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001FXJBOC Delivering Style and Innovation to the Homes of Today... and Tomorrow! Enhance every home you build with stylish, innovative appliances that home buyers demand. Home buyers expect appliances that meet the needs of their everyday lives, are easy to use and reflect the style of their individual tastes. But, to provide appliances you will truly appreciate and will use for years to come, requires a higher level of commitment. Their commitment to...

Why does the text in a text box disappear after a mail merge?
I have an established publisher file that I have mail merged and the text in most, but not all, of the text boxes have disappeared. Any ideas why? Could it be behind something? A border perhaps? Will the text print even tho you can't see it? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "pepperjeanb" <pepperjeanb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C540A69A-66BC-4817-ACA3-D919888DEF7D@microsoft.com... >I have an established publisher file that I have mail merged and the text >in > most, but not all, of the text boxes have disappeared. Any ideas ...

Reminders appear for wrong (additional) user
We have Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2003. One of our users has full rights to the President's mailbox so that she can send email as if from the President when needed. She did so recently and now all of her reminders are appearing in the President's box. I've removed her from the permissions for the President's box, but this did not change anything. She has hundreds of appointments, tasks and emails with reminders set. What should I do? If I wipe out her profile (and or the President's) and rebuild them, will she have to reset all her reminders? Is th...

Unlimited text in text boxes
Please could someone help? I have created a database using access 2003. The database lists local groups and has various types of respone. One of the responses requires them to write a paragraph about the group, however when I try to tyoe that in to the text box on the form, the box will only let me type in a limited amount of text, (approximately 10 words). How do I change the text box so that it has no limit on the amount of text that can been typed in to it? Thanks Sarah Thanks for that Jeff, I'm probably being very thikc here, but how do I check the size, I looked in propertie...

Check boxes to text 05-10-10
Is there any way to take information from check boxes that were selected and turn it in to text? I want to have multiple checkboxes to select, and add those selected values to the destription line. ex. checkboxes: red, blue, green Once you have selected, it would add to the header: "Order for lables: red, green" It is not clear what you are trying to do. A check box is simply that - a box which can be checked. If you want to insert some text based upon whether a check box in a protected form is checked, then see http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm -- <>...

Logon user name is empty
ASP.NET 4.0 I tried to get the Windows Logon user by: HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name.ToString(); But it return empty. What I want to do is to get the full name of the logon user from Active Directory. Alan T wrote: > ASP.NET 4.0 > > I tried to get the Windows Logon user by: > > HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name.ToString(); > > But it return empty. > > What I want to do is to get the full name of the logon user from Active > Directory. > Are you using authentication before allowing access to the applicatio...

RANDBETWEEN(n1,n2) but with a "hole" in its range
I need to generate random integers in the range (say) 48 through 90 inclusive but I want to eliminate any numbers that are in the range (say) 58 through 64 inclusive. I don't think RANDBETWEEN can do this. Is there another way in Excel? --=20 Bob http://www.kanyak.com Use 2 functions =RANDBETWEEN(48,57) =RANDBETWEEN(65,90) -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Opinicus" <gezgin@spamcop.net.which.is.not.invalid> wrote in message news:r0pis517h7aa7hhc3voetcf3onkh0utqh8@4ax.com... I need to generate random integers in the range (say) 48 through 90 ...

sub-form dependent combo box
To all: I have a subform that has two fields (comboboxes). The first is a list of services. The second is a list of consultants who provide those services. Through the posts on this forum and others (thanks much!) made the list of consultants dependent on the type of service offered. BUT ... Once I open up the form (with the subform in it), the first combobox works fine, but the second one asks me to "Enter Parameter Value" and then gives the Criteria that the second combobox uses to reference the first one. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! Hi, It would help if you post ...

Editing dynamic worksheet exported from CRM to Excel 2003 *Correct
Hi, I have several dynamic worksheets exported from CRM into one workbook, and I often need to change the criteria used to pull the data. The workbook has the option to enable macros, but when I go to Tools>Macro>Macros, there are no macros listed. How can I edit the criteria for the existing dynamic worksheets without having to create a new dynamic worksheet each time there is a change? Thanks so much for any help. Kate;620589 Wrote: > Hi, > > I have several dynamic worksheets exported from CRM into one workbook, > and I > often need to cha...

Changing Display Name of Public Folder
Hello, I have a mail-enabled public folder that we use to accept support requests (a la support@mycompany.com) When a user sends an e-mail to this address, the public folder is set up through Folder Assistant to automatically reply with an acknowledgment e-mail. The display name (that is, the name that shows up to the user in their e-mail program) is the name of the public folder. How do I change that without changing the name of the public folder? (For example, the e-mail shows up from "support" instead of "My Company's Customer Support") Thanks, Jeff Try chan...

chat box dont appears when double clicking on a contact person
In windows 7: The latest version msn messenger live: When i wil chat with one of my contacts, to double click on this contact, my chatbox dont open! I do see my chatbox below, in miniature on my taskbar, and also there cant i maximize the chatbox due double clicking on it. Someone have an idea? For all the people how can help me, thanks in advantage... Greetings Joke, It's probably displaying the window off screen, say if you had some Messenger conversation windows up before the screen changed resolution for a game or similar. To bring it back into focus, hover over ...

How do I hide text in a text box in Publisher? #2
I want to put a date in a text box on a flyer, but I want that to be hidden text so it is only viewed on the computer, not on the printed article. Is there a way to hide text in Publisher like there is in Word? ...

convert range of numbers in one record into range of single-number records
I have a table of product registrations. All entries have a product number. Some entries have a single serial number, and some have a range of serial numbers. I would like to remove all records containing a range and replace them with multiple records, one per number in the range. For example, say I have four records: Product Serial First Last F21 1 F21 2 10 F11 1 10 F11 11 I would like to wave my magic query-wand and end up with my table looking like this: Product Serial First Last ...

/resetfoldernames switch is NOT resetting folder names
The default folders in my recently-installed US version of Outlook 2003 are in German, and I can't change them to English. I've tried "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11 \OUTLOOK.EXE" /resetfoldernames which runs, but doesn't return the default folder names to English. (They remain in German.) I've spent literally hours trying to resolve this including complete reinstalls of MS Office Professional Edition 2003 and Windows XP Pro, to no avail. I tried the various versions of "Outlook Folder Name Changer" from www.ntx.at, but I get runtime er...