Dynamic change of worksheet reference in a Hlookup function

Hi,

I am a basic user of MS Excel, and starting to use hlookup function.
In this function i have the worksheet reference that i want to change
linked with a cell in another worksheet.

The problem:
- HLOOKUP(Info!$D$10;'02545'!$A$1:$Z$219;70;FALSE),

- Want to change '02545' for the cell "Info!$D$11" which has th
worksheet reference, that i can change for another worksheet within th
workbook.

Thanks for the hel

--
fariapedr
fariapedro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1639

Hi
=HLOOKUP(Info!$D$10;INDIRECT("'" & Info!$D$11 & "'!$A$1:$Z$219");70;FALSE),

"fariapedro" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a basic user of MS Excel, and starting to use hlookup function.
> In this function i have the worksheet reference that i want to change,
> linked with a cell in another worksheet.
>
> The problem:
> - HLOOKUP(Info!$D$10;'02545'!$A$1:$Z$219;70;FALSE),
>
> - Want to change '02545' for the cell "Info!$D$11" which has the
> worksheet reference, that i can change for another worksheet within the
> workbook.
>
> Thanks for the help
>

> --
> fariapedro
> fariapedro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16397
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=277679

0
frank.kabel (11126)

referencing to worksheet names in macro for each new worksheet inserted
Hi I created a code to insert new worksheets and rename them according t values on the new worksheet itself. Say in Cell D1, i have th worksheet name. My question is when i want to refer to this worksheet in subsequen coding, how should i code it? For eg, How should i write the ???? for Sheets("????").select? Would creatin the a variable to store the names help? Thanks in advance Ken -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com After inserting your new worksheet set it's name equal to a variable. For example SHEETS.ADD VWORKSHEET = ACTIVESHEET.NAME This method ...

How to Change Value of Active Control
I'm writing a routine to change the value of any Active Control to null. I can get the name of the control using ActiveControl.Name but I can't figure out the syntax to change the value of this control. I've tried assigning it to variables but variables aren't working in a: Forms![variable]![variable] = "" Help "Sondreli" <Sondreli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA05A840-2AFE-4F98-ABE9-5D2DD17AE0B8@microsoft.com... > I'm writing a routine to change the value of any Active Control to null. > I > can g...

Pivot Tables & changing data
Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am going to ask is possible and not too complicated for me.... :o) I am working with Excel 2003. I have a pivot table already set up and the information is pulling data from a row titled "sum of Subscriber". I added new data in a new column from the main spreadsheet and I would like to pull the data from there. Its titled "Adj Subscriber". Is it possible to switch it? If so, how? Thanks, Anna Marie Anna wrote: > Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am &...

How to change default printing parameters on Excel & ......
How to change the default printing parameters on Excel & keep them changed for future workbooks. Example: Normally I use Printing margins 0.25 on all directions, but default printing margins are 0.75. I want to change them to set 0.25 as DEFAULT. If you start a new workbook and change the page layout (for all the sheets), you can save it into your XLStart folder as Book.xlt. Excel will use that as the basis for new workbooks. You can change a lot of settings that way--including orientation, headers/footers.... Amjad wrote: > > How to change the default printing parameters ...

How to view the code for excel built-in functions?
Is it possible? -For example the function PMT(). thanks. No, the code is compiled, so it would likely be less than useful anyway. About the best you can do is check out the equations used in Help (see "PV"). In article <OSU3OXOBGHA.1676@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "serdar" <s@s.com> wrote: > Is it possible? -For example the function PMT(). > thanks. ...

Change color of multiple autoshapes
I need to change the color of several autoshape based on different cells I know how to change one autoshape using a worksheet_change event but i can't just copy and paste this and change the object name + cell name. is it possible to have multiple worksheet_change events in the same worksheet?? T-bone, You have only one worksheet_change event, but in it you can test to see which cell was changed with something like If not Intersect(Target, Range("A1") is nothing then ' do range A1 stuff here end if If not Intersect(Target, Range("A2") is nothing then &#...

Newbie Cell Reference Question...
Hello, I apologize if this question has been answered before, but I'm no quite sure what to search for as I'm not very good with excel. I'm making a spreadsheet where one sheet references another. I'll tr to explain this as best as possible.... I'm creating a spreadsheet for a fantasy basketball league. I have "Data" sheet that contains data for all players. I have another sheet "Teams" that has all the players on each team. Column B contains th players name, and column C contains a number that corresponds to th row this player is on in the dat...

Recovery after "do not save changes" selected accidently
I mistakenly clicked on "do not save changes" for a worksheet (file) that i'd been working on (I thought a different file was highlighted). As it turns out I had not saved the original file in over a day, though the autosave is set up. is there any way to get my file back, or at least an intermediate version, instead of one with a day's less of work??? help!!!!!! Thanks very much for your help! Sorry to say, but your day's work is gone. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Mayukh" <msukhatme@hotmail.com> wrote in...

Scrpit when trying to change CRM option in Outlook client
Hi there, I get the attached script error when i try to change the MSCRM Option in MSCRM Outlook client and it does not accept my changes. An error has occoured in the script on this page. Line:381 Char:1 Error: Type Mismatch code:0 URL:http://localhost2525/tools/personalsettings/dialogs/personalsettings.aspx?clientid= etc etc Please let me know if any one knows how to fix this issue, thanks. Kyaw ...

FRx
Dear, I encountered problem of changing default base period. The version of FRx software is 6.5.28 and it is running under Windows 2K Professional. The situation was: After opened the Catalog of Report Window, there was a pop-up message box which said 'Changed the default base period to C'. I did not know why this could happen. - Would you please tell me under what circumstances this pop-up message box would display?? In order to continue to use this software, I only could click 'OK' from the message box. The report date is then changed to 'Default Base Period' - (Ja...

Changing a username/address
Hello, I work with someone who just changed her name, and I'm trying to figure out how to change it on the Exchange (2000) server. I changed the username in Active Directory (also 2000), but messages from the user still have the old name in the Sender field. Also, when I point to the mailbox for saving messages, it has the new name (Mailbox - New Name) until restarting Outlook, and then it has the old name. Do I have to Exmerge out the mail, delete the account, re-create the account, change the name of the .pst file and import the mail? Thanks in advance! Jeff Follow these steps: =...

Change the sender to the previous owner when a lead is reassigned
Business scenario is as folllows: A new lead fires a workflow which sends an email to the lead with the owner as the sender. When the lead is reassigned, they want an email to have the PREVIOUS owner as the sender. There is no facility in email to change the SENDER in the email. What is the recommended solution - callout, etc. -- Paul Doyon CRM Consultant -- Paul Doyon CRM Consultant Hi Paul, Very right, Callout is the solution. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.m...

Linking Drop-down list to worksheets
I need 20 dropdown list on the worksheet. some of drop-down lists has the same values. I need a list thats has one set of names and worksheet has another set of names. Here is a example want I need. LIST names Worksheet names Red - Black 770rb Black-White 770bw My list will have 15 items in each list. When user click on the color it would take them to that worksheet. What is best way to do this? ...

compare two columns with different ranges in two worksheets
I need to compare two columns of data in two different worksheets and display a third one. Here it is an example: -(worksheet1!A1:A10), (worksheet1!B1:B10) and (whorksheet2!C1:C25) -this is my query, if C5 is already in (A1:A10) I want to display B5 in worksheet2!D5 I think it is tricky because you need to identity which row in the A1:A10 is equal to C5 to display B5 and the range are different. you could save my day chris90 In worksheet2!D1: =if(isna(vlookup(C1, worksheet1!$A$1:$B$10, 2, 0)), "", vlookup(C1, worksheet1!$A$1:$B$10, 2, 0)) HTH Kostis Vezerides brilliant, ma...

How to change a bar to line in a combo chart?
I am currently using Excel & PPt 2000 and cannot figure out how to control which rows of data are displayed as a bar or line in a combunation chart. In PPt it combo bar/line chart defaults to the last row only as a line and in Excel it seems to have half as a bar/ half as a line. Any suggestions? In the chart, select the series you want changed. Then, select Chart | Chart Type... and pick the desired type+subtype. When a single series is selected the chart type choice applies only to that one series. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-...

Change database source for pivot table
Hi I've built a pivot table based on an Oracle database. however I want to change the source database (from test to live) but can't figure out how to change the source database. Any ideas? Cheers Neil Just answered my own question, in the query go into table definition and change the database "Neil" <neil@funkcity.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23yauyKKpFHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I've built a pivot table based on an Oracle database. > > however I want to change the source database (from test to live) but can't > figu...

Using Rept function
I want to repeat one cells entry somewhere else in my (same) worksheet and have used the Rept function successfully. However, ifthe 1st cell (e.g. A3 is in date format like 12/12/2003, when I use the Rept A3,1 function in another cell (e.g.cell R3), it returns the date as a number (37967). What I want is for the date to be repeated exactly as is (12/12/2003 or whatever date is typed). Can anyone help please Don't use the REPT function. Just enter =A3 and apply the date format you want using Format, Cells if you do not automatically get it. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP You can't unless ...

Forecast Function #2
How can I use the forecast function on columns that are not adjacent to each other, or alternately, is there another function I can use for this. Otherwise, I have to type in the whole regression line equation thusly, =AVERAGE(L3,AB3,AR3)+((((3*((L3*1998)+(AB3*2001)+(AR3*2002)))-((L3+AB3+AR3)*(1998+2001+2002))))/((3*((1998^2)+(2001^2)+(2002^2)))-((1998+2001+2002)^2))*(2003-AVERAGE(1998,2001,2002))) I'm forecasting 2003 data from 1998,2001, and 2002 data. Thanks, X ...

Save Worksheet As HTML Page
Hi there I recorded a macro to do a simple html export that is assigned to a button. This works fine. The VBA code is Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 9/02/2006 by rulebr ' ' With ActiveWorkbook.PublishObjects("Brady Standard Quote 7.2.06_23158") .HtmlType = xlHtmlStatic .Publish (False) End With End Sub Id like to add a few more in the file name it saves it to.Through vba code is there a way to make the file that is save with the following file name format. QuoteNo_1000_cell(D10)_todaysdate.htm So an example would...

Remove Data Format Change
I have a program that puts a database's data into an excel spreadsheet. The problem is that Excel is constantly changing the numbers to dates, which corrupts the data. I know I can switch the column data type to Text and that will fix it, but the problem is that when the data is written to the spreadsheet it overwrites that column data type and Excel does the formatting that changes my data. How can I turn this off so Excel stops trying to recognize data types and change their format? Please help because this is causing major problems for us. Thanks, ACFalcon >>I have a ...

Line Graph: Changing X/Y Axis'
Can somebody please help to recommend a tutorial or simple directions on creating a chart in Office 2007 that will show how to create a simple line chart (2-D is fine) that gives flexibility in flipping the x and y axis? This seems challenging in 2007... Thanks. You cannot 'flip' a Line chart. In a Line chart the x axis has category values and if flipped this would give category values to the y axis which must have numeric values. But you can readily flip an XY chart. Click the chart; from the Chart Tools select Design; Click Select Data; now use Edit. In the Edit dialog, select ...

External data changes not reflected
I am frustrated by something that is probably simple and due to my lac of knowledge... I had some 10 rows of external data (a named range in anothe spreadsheet) and I was copying it in just fine. Then I extended the source to have 20 rows and changed the length o the named range now when I refresh the data in the destination it onl brings in the first 10 rows. Even If I create a NEW desination workbook file it still doesn't pic up my new BIGGER named range definition(so it isn't something local t the WKS file) I presume it muct be keeping some definition around in cache or in ...

Changing the window style of a control
Hi all... I have placed a list view control on a dialog using resource editor. That list control has initially no border, but I need to place the border programatically. I tried using: SetWindowLong(m_lstDocs.GetSafeHwnd(), GWL_STYLE, m_lstDocs.GetStyle() | WS_BORDER); And m_lstDocs.ModifyStyle(0, WS_BORDER); In OnInitDialog handle, where m_lstDocs is the CListCtrl assotiated with the control on dialog resouce. All of that didn't do anything on the list view appearance. I tried using that calls in OnCreate method too but the control isn't created yet, because its HWND ...

attribute size not changed in mapping view
I changed the size of an attribute to 50 but when I go to relationships and try to map the attribute I see the size in ( ) as 100 still and I get an error message stating the source entity attribute is too large to map to the target entity attribute. I am trying to map a new attribute new_building from account to billto_line2 in order request form. The new attribute was originally created with maximum length of 100 but I have changed the length to 50. I can go into attributes and see the maximum length as 50. Billto_line2 is nvar 50. I am running CRM 3.0. I published all my changes a...

Displaying daily quote changes
I am a new user to MS Money who recently migrated from Quicken. I can't seem to find a way that will give me daily quote changes in my portfolio. This is Jan. 26, 2008 and it does give me the change but its not a trading day. It also has the same data as the 1-25-08 which it should. If I try to go back to January 22, it just shows the price for the 22 but not the change. Right click in a blank area within the column headers and then click "customize current view". This should show all the fields that can be added, including the "daily change". Frank "ygold...