Duplicated rows

I have a data table with 5000 rows, yet many rows are duplicated. Is
there anyway to get rid of them quickly?

Chirs

--
cj21
cj21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25673

This thread may help you

http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=390910&highlight=duplicat

--
Paul Sheppar
Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2478

Duplicate data removed from reports?
I have a report that is created from a query. It selects Last Name, First Name and the data for each field of the report. If there are two last names such as Smith the query lists all the Smiths but when I run the report it only selects the first Smith listed in the query and "hides" the remaining Smiths. This worked fine in Access 2000, that is what I created the database in. I have looked at filters but cannot find any in 2007 that would appear to be causing this fault. The report Sorts on Last Name, then First Name then a value in another field which all work. Any help...

Outlook Duplicate Email Remover from MAPILabs???
Has anyone used the Outlook Duplicate Email Remover from MAPILabs? I purchased it online and installed it - using it on Outlook XP. I have had problems since I installed it and I don't know if it has anything to do with this tool, or it is something else that is causing it. Has anyone heard of problems with using this tool or the company MAPILabs? My main Outlook folder got corrupted and I had to go back to a backup copy, since I had lost all my Calendar and many of my contacts info, and possibly some of my emails - after running an Outlook .pst repair using the Outlook repair tool...

Disable Adding or Deleting Rows and Columns
Is there a way to disable a user from adding or deleting rows and columns but still be able to enter information and run macros? You can put a value in cell IV65536 to prevent the user from adding rows or columns. Deleting would require some VBA. MVP John Walkenbach has some here using "undo": http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip23.htm HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to disable a user from adding or deleting rows and columns but >still be able to enter information and run macros? >. > ...

the row indicator at the top of worksheet from numerals to lette.
The row indicators for cell references are numeral instead of letters. How do I change the row indicator to letters? Tools - Options - General and uncheck 'R1C1 Reference Style' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany purple flower wrote: > The row indicators for cell references are numeral instead of > letters. How do I change the row indicator to letters? Tools-Options-General, then uncheck "R1C1 reference style". "purple flower" <purple flower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADA15756-CC1E-4D38-B506-6EBA156A3C71@microso...

Row Height dependent upon PC's font scale
I made a label template that only puts the text on the label if the row heights are correct. However, when the template is used by other people, the text and labels don't line up right. The row height changes scale dependent on each PC's font scale specified on its desktop. Is there any way to specify row height absolutely, instead of only being able to adjust it in pixel increments? Thanks. ...

Print titles must be contiguous and complete rows or columns
I have a workbook in which I need to print all the pages, with continuous page numbering... I can usually select all sheets and print them, but I have some workbooks that won't even go into print-preview, and get the following error message: 'Print titles must be contiguous and complete rows or columns' I know that this can be because of incorrect entries in 'Rows to repeat at top', or 'Columns to repeat at left' but none of my sheets have anything at all in either box. I believe that it can also be because of embedded objects with the wrong pr...

Deleting rows from two tables
I have two tables both of which contain aprox 2000 rows and 3 columns. The headings in each column are repectively: tariff level, product code, product description. The problem is best illustrated with an example: Table 1 Tariff Level Product Code Product description 10% 0236 Animal fats 15% 4579 Industrial Chemicals 12% 2093 Tapes Table 2 Tariff Level Product Code Product Description 13% 1463 Meat 13% 4579 Compact disc's 1...

Need to create a list of non-duplicates
I have two spreadsheets that are updated monthly. The first sheet contains a list of authorized employees (name, ID number, dates of employment). The second is an extract from security badge readers, containing names, badge IDs, and door numbers for all transactions. I need to compare the names from the badge transactions to the list of authorized employees and generate a separate listing of exceptions. Those would be contractors or service personnel that need to be authorized for each individual visit. How can I automate this process and have the non-employee names show up in a table or sep...

duplicate numbers #2
how do i set up in my database that when a user is entering infor in a column in excel, it will tell if there is a duplicate number. I do not want duplicates. Hi Pam See Chip's page http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Pam Coleman" <PamColeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1466E65D-51AD-4C26-9DAD-F09AC81EA481@microsoft.com... > how do i set up in my database that when a user is entering infor in a > column in excel, it will tell if there is a duplicate number. I do not want > ...

Duplicate Mail
Outlook 2002 & Exchange (relatively new installation). Ever since Exchange all those of us with laptops and personal ISP's at home (accessing dialup) are getting duplictions of much of our in-boxes whenever we dial in. In my POP account I have it set to not save messages on the server. Our tech guys (factory trained) are at a loss. Tx, Mike So you're pulling POP mail from Exchange? If so, that is not the best setup, and this is only one of the potential problems with it. Ask your admins to set up VPN or RAS to access the Exchange mailbox directly. No POP mail, no PST fil...

Delete blank rows & columns
I have item in column A. Columb has has corresponding description of th item. I want automatic delete the row inwhich there is no item. How do I do that? Is there similar solution of deletion of column if there is nothing i any cell of the column -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bhuktar S >" <<Bhuktar.S.16sp34@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Bhuktar.S.16sp34@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have item in column A. Columb has h...

Duplicated emails
Instead of receiving 1 email for 1 message i am receiving 2 for each message. In other words my in coming messages are being duplicated. On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 09:56:01 -0700, Peter H <PeterH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Instead of receiving 1 email for 1 message i am receiving 2 for each message. >In other words my in coming messages are being duplicated. You're asking in the wrong place: this forum is for the database software Microsoft Access. Please repost in a forum supporting your email software; when you do, indicate what version of the program and of Wi...

Contract duplicates in current & historical tables
We seem to be having a problem, we have to 2 tables in , 1st table contains all current contracts, 2nd table contains all historical contracts. We are creating a reporting tool that queries first the current table, then the historical table in order to see all the revenue but our report generates duplicate contracts (duplicate revenue). We discovered that the same contract was in both tables, my question is has anyone experienced such a problem before and how do we fix this? If you are good at SQL, you could create a view of the two tables Joined with distinct records to eliminate the dup...

Inserting rows with Data, Formula's and Validation
Hi all, I posted this twice earlier today, but it hasn't appeared so if it triple post please forgive! I have a spreadsheet that starting at row 18 contains the following information A18=M$2 B18= Datavalidation indirect ($M$2) C18=IF(B18="No More Options",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),IF(B19<2,VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),CONCATENATE(B19," x ",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE)))) E18=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info"))...

Macro to highlight a specified row
How would I write a macro to find "Gauranteed" in any cell in Column "B" and then highlight that row? Also, this would be for an entire workbook. -- Thank you, Jodie I spelled it the way you did for the code below, but I want to point out that you spelled "gauranteed" incorrectly (it's "ua" not "au" for the second and third letters)... Sub FindGAURANTEED() Dim WS As Worksheet, R As Range For Each WS In Worksheets Set R = WS.Columns("B").Find("GAURANTEED", LookIn:=xlValues, _ ...

If *Total* make row white
I grabbed this from another macro that I have: Dim lastrow As Long, j As Long lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, 5).End(xlUp).Row For j = lastrow To 1 Step -1 If (Cells(j, 5).Value) Like "*Total*" Then Rows(j).Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone End If Next Other macro worked great, but the way. I tried to white out each row, and now it doesn't work. Been looking at all kinds of code for about 10 hours now. My eyes need a rest. Can someone see the problem? Thanks! Ryan-- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes'&...

Shading a row red as soon as a cell entry in column L says "Error"
Dear Experts: I got a table that ranges from A1:Z3000. It has a named range "DataList". I would like those rows that have the expression 'Error' in Column 'K' to acquire red shading. How can this be achieved using a macro and / or conditional formatting? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Select cells A1:Z3000 Select format | Conditional Formatting... Select Formula is =$K1 = "Error" Set your red format. Ok -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "andreashermle" wrote: > Dear Experts: ...

Duplicate records in CRM
Is there any way to enable CRM to detect duplicate entries for accounts and contacts? For example, when we add a contact for a particular company, we would like the CRM to check whether a person with such and such name already exists for the account and display a warning of some sort. For small sets of data, users can check for duplicate records themselves before adding new data, but once the data set grows, this becomes troublesome. Another example, one salesperson could add account ABC, Inc and later on another salesperson could attempt to add the same account as ABC, Inc or ABC I...

Too many rows in sheets makes file extremely large.
Hello. I keep having the same problem over and over and I can't seem to fix it. I have a sheet with 47 rows of data in it. For some reason it puts 8187 rows in the sheet. Sometimes it makes the sheet 65,000 rows long. This is causing my file sizes to be extremely large. I need a fix. I have highlighted all the rows and deleted them put it is still the same amount of rows. Thanks for your help. Hi Have a look here on information on how to reset your used range: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Andy. "Malic" <spam@houston.rr.spam> wrote in me...

Macro for adding rows if two different columns have a value
Help! I need a macro to add a row after if the cell in column F has a value and again if there is a value in column G For Each c In Range("F2:F20") 'Or whatever size range If c.Value > "" And c.Offset(0, 1).Value > 1 Then c.Offset(1, 0).Resize(2, 1).EntireRow.Insert ElseIf c.Value > "" Then c.Offset(1, 0).EntireRow.Insert End If Next "Saveset" <Saveset@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1540E15-7738-4AB4-A0A9-BCC0014DADF7@microsoft.com... > Help! I n...

Seperating duplicate cells
I have two columns (column a & column b) column A has a list of 29,000 chassis numbers, column B has a list of 11,000 chassis numbers, i need a way to create a new column that shows a list of all the chassis numbers that do not match between columns a & b One way .. Assuming the data is in cols A (29K) and B (11K), from row1 down Put in D1: =IF(ISERROR(SMALL(E:E,ROWS($A$1:A1))),"",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(E:E,ROWS($A$1 :A1)),E:E,0))) Put in E1: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A1,B:B,0)),"",ROW()) Select D1:E1, copy down to E29000 Col D will return all chassis #s in col A w...

Row Height #11
I have a spreadsheet that periodically the row height is taller than needed. I tried autofit to no avail. Any Suggestions would be appreciated. Bill The default row height is determined automatically by Excel based on the size of the "Normal" font, as set under Format, Style for the active workbook. If you don't manually adjust the row height it will expand automatically to accommodate larger fonts or wrapped-text cells on that row. -- Jim "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3F866D0-333F-47B9-9D4C-1AAED911B734@microsoft.com......

Macro to show only rows with X
How would I write a script or macro to display rows that have and x in "A" and hide all other rows? Thank you With data starting in ColA; try Cells.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=x" -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Jeremy" wrote: > How would I write a script or macro to display rows that have and x in "A" > and hide all other rows? > > > Thank you Option Explicit Sub Remove_Unwanted_Rows() Dim rng As Range Dim cell, RowArray As Range Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(1, "A"), Cells(Rows.Count, &qu...

Budget Item Duplicates itself?
I set up a budget for 2004 in MS Money 2003 and for some reason it seems to be picking up numbers from a budget I created for 2003, thus doubling my budgeted amount for, in this case, health insurance. I've gone through the entire budget for 2004 and only see 1 listing for Insurance:Health, yet when I run reports, it generates the current year's budget number plus the previous year's budget number. Any ideas why? or how I would fix that? Thanks! ...

Shift Column cells to Row cells
Hello ALL, I have data in cell A, which correponds to data in Column B, C and D. What I want to do is, have multiple lines of data in cell A, each individually corresponding to data in Cells B, C and D. I mean, I have cell A cell B cell C cell D 123 abc def ghi I want cell A cell B 123 abc 123 def 123 ghi What is the faster way to do it. Please help. Thanks in advance, DV. Hi DV, Use Copy>Paste Special>Transpose Biff >-----Original Message----- >Hello ALL, >I have data in cell A, which correponds to data in Column >B, C...