Drop-Down Menus in Data Entry Form?

I have a drop-down menu containing the months of the year in my
spreadsheet.  I want to train people to enter data using the data entry
form (Data --> Form).  Is there any way to make this drop-down menu
appear in the data entry form?

0
patryan22 (7)

You could create a macro that displays the data|form dialog.

But when would you want to run that macro?

When the workbook opens?
When the worksheet is activated?
Only when the user wants to see it?

The line of code could be as simple as:

     ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm

--

Dave Peterson
0

     http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm

patryan22@aol.com wrote:
> I have a drop-down menu containing the months of the year in my
> spreadsheet.  I want to train people to enter data using the data entry
> form (Data --> Form).  Is there any way to make this drop-down menu
> appear in the data entry form?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

How do I get menus back when I right click on an Excel Spreadshee.
I have a computer that when I right click on a spreadsheet tab I do not get the normal menu to pop up. What do I need to do to get the menus back and functional??? Try Application.commandbars("cell").enabled=true in the immediate window -- HTH RP "David G" <David G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74ED0D6B-958E-40E5-ACDC-2F46B98BC1FC@microsoft.com... > I have a computer that when I right click on a spreadsheet tab I do not get > the normal menu to pop up. What do I need to do to get the menus back and > functional??? hi Right clic...

Insidious Plot to Normalize Data!! Bwahahaha!!
Hi folks! Sorry for the melodramatic introduction... Here's the thing: I've got a database that relies heavily on a non normalized table. The structure is like this: Order Number is the primary key and there are about 30 fields with information about the particular order that are filled in by Order Entry personnel. There are four fields (and related fields) for entering information about up to four different part numbers per order. I would like to normalize this table with a union query that John Spencer helped me develop so that I can split off the part numbers to anothe...

Returning to previous record on Scrolling form
I have a very long form with sometimes hundreds of records. For each record, there is a text box where the user can enter a quantity to be added/deleted to the existing quantity. Once the quantity has been added/deleted, the form requeries so that the quantity displayed is now accurate. Since the form is so long, I want a way for the form to return to the record that the user just updated. In Access 2003, I used this code: dim rst as recordset dim IntKeyVal as string IntKeyVal = idx_IDNumber Application.Echo False <<<other VBA code here to add/delete from existing quantity&g...

Print report which matches current record on open form
Hi, I have placed a button on my form which automatically prints a report based on the table I am using on the form. I would like the report to match the current record only. So if I fill out the form and hit the Print button it will print a report for only the current record - in other words, matched to the "Requisition Number" field. Thanks, Connie On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 18:27:37 GMT, Connie wrote: > Hi, > > I have placed a button on my form which automatically prints a report based > on the table I am using on the form. > > I would like the report to ma...

resetting fill in forms
I have made a fill in form and im trying to see if it will re set the fields after the user is done . As of know the if the user saves it will keep the tex in the document. Im looking to see if it will reset on its own. Save the form as a template and then have the user use File>New to create a new document from the template each time that a new form is required. Then no resetting is necessary. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via ms...

Using non-numerical imported data
When importing data from financial websites, some of it comes in as 171.1Mil instead of 171.1 , which means Excel won't recognise it as a figure and I can't manipulate it. Any suggestions? thanks Hi You could use Data/Text to columns to split off the text bit, or use =--LEFT(E14,LEN(E14)-3) to trim it off. Andy. "Ricardinho" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0acc01c39309$c0a93810$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When importing data from financial websites, some of it > comes in as 171.1Mil instead of 171.1 , which means Excel > won't r...

How to import an excel document (form) into publisher
I have tried several times to import a form I produced in excell but every time I try it shuts down my publisher document I am importing to. Which versions of the software? What steps are you taking? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Warren" <Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBC5D466-CE90-4657-BDFD-577984D46723@microsoft.com... >I have tried several times to import a form I produced in excell but every > time I try it shuts down my publisher document I am importing to. Have you tried: 1. Copy > Paste from Excel to Publisher...

Changing tax forms in MS Money 2004
Is there a way to add/change tax form categories and tax form line categories in MS Money 2004? The old MS Money version I had before used a ".TXT" file that allowed you to edit tax lines but that seems not to be the case in MS Money 2004. In microsoft.public.money, Oscar Hoogland wrote: >Is there a way to add/change tax form categories and tax form line >categories in MS Money 2004? The old MS Money version I had before used a >".TXT" file that allowed you to edit tax lines but that seems not to be the >case in MS Money 2004. > See Taxes->T...

Where to get Data Migration Framework 3.0
Can someone tell me where to download the Data Migration Framework version that works with MS CRM 3.0? Thanks in advance Dear Samuele, "Samuele Marconcini" wrote: > Can someone tell me where to download the Data Migration > Framework version that works with MS CRM 3.0? See: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/dfb1fef18647c6e2/ Cheers Arne Janning Thanks Arne. ...

Excel Crashes when trying to open a User Form
When I open the workbook and click on the worksheet to open the user form excels stops working. I get Microsoft Office Excel has stopped working and is trying find a solution, but it never does. I have saved it in both 2007 & 2003 versions and both get the same problem. What is odd is if you open the Userform Workbook, then open the VBA code window, both userform versions run fine, but if you do not open the Code window Excel locks up everytime. Here is the code. Sheet 2 Code: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) UserForm1.Show End Sub ...

Working in Sheet2 with data from Sheet1
I am working in Sheet2. The data is in Sheet1. I can not get the data in column in the 15th column to initalize the "If" even if Textbox1.Text matches. For k= 1 to 100 If Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(k,15)=TextBox1.Text Then code... End if Next k I tried: If Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(k,15)=Sheets("Sheet2").TextBox1.Text Then With Sheets("Sheet2") If Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(k,15)=.TextBox1.Text Then .... End With If Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(k,15)=TextBox1.Text Then Nothing worked. Philos...

Moving a line chart data point revises data table value in Excel '
I recall a capability I used with Excel years ago that enabled me to create a line chart from a data table, then move the plot points on the chart to "smooth" the line, and the source data chart value would change with the corresponding new plotted point. I'd like to use that capability with Excel 2007 but can't find to activate it. Any power users know how? Thanks! Ed Ed, Microsoft decided that users didn't need that feature. More than likely, they were tired of support calls asking why the values changed when one dragged a data point...... No really, they took i...

Check box on unbound form error
I have two check boxes that update a yes/no field in the rst field (using DAO). If left unchecked on save they return a data conversion error 3421. Any help would be greatly appreciated. hi Bob, Bob wrote: > I have two check boxes that update a yes/no field in the rst field (using > DAO). If left unchecked on save they return a data conversion error 3421. > Any help would be greatly appreciated. Checkboxes have three states: True, False, Null. I assume you are leaving it Null. You may set the default value in the property editor or use the Nz() function when updating your...

Extract unique data
I am using excel 2003 I have a file like below Rate month GBP 1.46 FEB 2000 1.47 MAR 3000 1.47 APR 3500 1.48 MAY 1000 I want to create summary Rate FEB MAR APR MAY 1.46 2000 1.47 3000 3500 1.48 1000 I can use sumif function to return the total, however, how can I insert only the unique rate in the first column automatically. Thanks a lot ! eva cheng Hi, I suppose information is in sheet 1 columns A,B...

Ignore a Blank Data Series in the Legend
Hi, I'm creating Pie Charts based on data from 10 data series fields. Some of the data fields are blank, and so I've managed to create data labels that only show on the Pie Chart if there is a value (otherwise the Chart was too hard to read due to lots of blank labels). However, if I show the Legend, the blank data series field still appear, so I have say, 4 labels with the correct data series names but 6 which are blank. Can I make the Legend ignore blank fields, and just show the 4 that have values? Thanks You can manually remove individual legend entries. Click on the lege...

Reports icon disappears from the entity lists and entity forms
During the day the reports icon disappears and appears again to different users. However, the menu item in the workplace is always there. Have you any idea why does this happen? ...

Migrating data from SalesLogix to MSCRM?
Hi There, Has any one done migrating of data from SalesLogix to MSCRM? We are using Scribe to migrate data, but Scribe has to us that making use of Scribe adaptor would not make much difference since our version of SalesLogix is 5.x. So we are connecting to SaleLogix database using ODBC which is fine. We just want to know any one has been through this experience and give us some helpful information. In particular how we could bring across activites from SalesLogix to MSCRM, since we have limited knowledge of SalesLogix data structure. Regards, Kyaw The SLX data structure is reall...

Template form security issue
Hi I have created an order form in Excel 2000 on my pc on the network drive and saved it as a Template - I protected certain cells and now I have moved to other pcs in the company and am locating it on the server and trying to shortcut it to the other users. Each time the other users open this template they are getting a security warning. I have tried to go back to the original template but have noticed that the security on my pc is already Low. How can I overcome this problem??? Thanks in advance Ann Ireland If this is a macro warning, then the setting belongs with each user. E...

Protect Data, but allow sorting
Hello, In Excel 2003 is it possible to protect the data in a sheet, but to allow the data to be sorted? In the Protect Sheet command, it indicates that this facility exists, but when I try to do a sort it won't do it until the sheet is unprotected. Pete Make sure that there's an empty column between the range to be sorted and any "adjacent" data. If you have a locked cell butting up to the range to be sorted, excel yells! Pete Walburn wrote: > > Hello, > > In Excel 2003 is it possible to protect the data in a sheet, but to allow > the data to be so...

Extract and count unique entries in a list (Excel 2003)
I have a list of items (all text strings, but some rows are blank) in column A. I want to extract a list of all the unique text strings and to count how many occurrences there are of each one. I've had a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#CountingUnique but it doesn't quite do what I want. Any help would be gratefully received. Gavin Hi if this is a one-time operation try to use 'Data - filter - Advanced Filter' and check 'Unique entries' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "gavin" <no-one@home.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag n...

Look up tables vs. value fields via combo box on form
I have tables such as t_WeatherData in which I have fields such as Temperature, WindSpeed, WindDirection. The WindSpeed and WindDirection fields each have a lookup table with an ID (primary key/autonumber) and a field that holds a category ("N", "NE", "NW", "W", etc., or "< 5 mph", "5-10 mph", etc.). As I have it, the look up tables merely serve to populate a combo box on the data entry form... OR, is creating a combo box with a value list sufficient? What should be the factors in my decision on when to use a look...

Extracting XML data to be used in XSLT HTML output
Ok: I have done small level Xml stuff and am just now starting to understand some of the plumbing involved. I've done a lot of .NET programming for SQL Server, but little for Xml data stores. I am currently just interested in using the .xsl file that I have being applied to a source .xml file through ASP classic. Here's what I have: XSL file ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --- <?xml version="1.0" ?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output meth...

Main Form checkbox toggles many subform checkboxes
I have a main form / subform setup. The subform has a field that is a yes/no data type, represented by a checkbox in the field. How do I set up a control on the main form (possibly another checkbox) so that when I click the control, it will toggle ALL of the checkboxes in the subform on and off. Similar to a "select/deselect all"? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Use the AfterUpdate event procedure of the unbound check box on the main form, to execute an Update query on the subform's table. This kind of thing: Private Sub chkSetAll_AfterUpdate() Dim ...

Access 2K7
I followed the directions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;285820 When I run it, I'm getting the error: "438 Object doesn't support this property or method" It looks like it's breaking on this bit of code: ".Picture = strImagePath" Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Module code: Option Compare Database Option Explicit Public Function DisplayImage(ctlImageControl As Control, strImagePath As Variant) As String On Error GoTo Err_DisplayImage Dim strResult As String Dim strDatabasePath As String Dim intSlashLo...

How to Use Data Migration Pack
Hi All, i downloaded the DMF from Microsoft.com, i read the documents but i couldn't understand that, My exact Requirement is, i have to import 18000 Records to Product Catalog, what i have to do now, please give me guidelines to import Records, Thanks Thangadurai On Sep 8, 7:04 am, mukathangadu...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > i downloaded the DMF from Microsoft.com, > i read the documents but i couldn't understand that, > My exact Requirement is, i have to import 18000 Records to Product > Catalog, > what i have to do now, please give me guidelines to import Reco...