Drop Down Menu and Check Boxes

How do I create a drop down menu that shows the arrow button?

How do I create a check box?
0
srf1030 (7)

See one more reply at your other post.

There's checkboxes on both the Forms toolbar and Control toolbox toolbar, too.

--

Dave Peterson
0
"srf1030" wrote:

> How do I create a drop down menu that shows the arrow button?
>
> How do I create a check box?

Click View>Toolbars>Forms, select the control and draw it on your spreadsheet
0
bigwheel926 (227)

Use word to associate an item in validation drop down list
I have created a validation drop down list but because the list can be quite long I want to be able to type a specific word on the cell that would associate that specific item in the drop down list. For example, lets say my drop down list contains the months of the year from January to December. I want to associate 1 = January and 2 = February and so on so that when I enter 6, June comes up on the cell. Does anyone know if this is possible on Excel? Could be done with VBA event code but your list would have to consist of numbers 1 to 12. Type a number and the appropriate m...

Trying to drop MSCRMDistribution table
I'm trying to delete the CRM tables from SQL, but keep getting "Error 3724: Cannot drop the database because it is being used for replication.". I ran sp_removedbreplication against all of them, and I was able to delete the first three, but the MSCRMDistribution table is still there. The database icon in Enterprise Manager does not have a hand underneath, so I'm not sure why I'm getting this error. How can I drop this table? In case anyone is wondering why I'm doing this, I attempted to install CRM earlier this week, but things went astray with the IIS setti...

Box Plot Help
Hello!!!, I have a table with two columns.. I want to box plot this table in excel. Could anyone help me about the steps involved in plotting this box plot in Excel. Any help would be grealy appreciated... Thank you, Swetha Jon Peltier has some instructions on his web site: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#BoxWhisker Swetha wrote: > I have a table with two columns.. I want to box plot this > table in excel. Could anyone help me about the steps > involved in plotting this box plot in Excel. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book ...

Text Box help
Can someonee help me with how to assign the text boxes (Varibles), so that when I fll in all the text boxes I can use a command button to send the information to the various Workbooks. The Workbooks are going to be Titled as follows: WorkBook Name Command Button Name -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Engineering Spec Workbook = Update Engineerring Spec Sheet Installer Forms = Update Installer Forms Job Folder Label = Job Folder Label Thanks Brian ...

Excel 2002 Check for duplicates
Sorted an Excel list for a Pivot Table by Check number for the years 1997-2005. Any easy way to check for duplicates w/o getting into VBA? Check# 7894 7895 7895 7896 Try this, Dave: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/delete_duplicates_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "~Dave~" <dlcopesr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:11gjl0lhin4v28c@corp.supernews.com... > Sorted an Excel list for a Pivot Table by Check number for the years > 1997-2005. > Any easy way to check for duplicates w/o getting into VBA? > > Check# > &g...

How do I create check boxes in a form and protect
How do I create check boxes in a form and protect the rest of the sheet? Using Office 2007 B. Morris Are you trying to create a protected document that is backward compatible with earlier versions of Word? If so, first display the Developer tab (if it's not already showing): Click the Office button, and click Word Options. In the Popular category, select "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon" and click OK. Then click the Developer tab. Use the Legacy Tools button to add the form fields that you want. When you are done designing the form, click the Protect Documen...

Toggel Boxes
I am wanting to be able to make toggel boxes that: 1. Toggels between 2 colors (White & Yellow). 2. Toggels between 2 values (0 & 1) (ie. When the toggel is white the value for that cell is 0 and when the toggel is yellow the value for the cell is 1) Note: I need to be able to use these values for a formula somewhere else. I am not quite sure what a toggle box is but try this on a button. Private Sub ToggleButton1_Click() If ToggleButton1.BackColor = &HFFFFFF Then ToggleButton1.BackColor = &HFFFF& ToggleButton1.Caption = "1" ...

Disabled Users / Deleted Mail Boxes
Hi. Exchange 2003 I have accounts that are disabled in AD an their MB's are deleted. My App log is full of 9548 warnings. All I have read so far is to change permissions on the MB, it no longer exists. Get the NoMAS Tool and I am not sure if it will help. Any Ideas Guys? I can't believe that you can delete a MB without deleting the AD Account. Don't ask why... I work for a Law Firm, I need to keep the Account but I can delete the MB's... Thanks g On Mon, 15 May 2006 10:32:02 -0700, George <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi. > >Exchange 200...

Soften drop shadow around photo
Hi, [Working in Publisher 2003] I would like to add a realistic drop shadow to a photo, so it seems to have some dimension off the page. The shadow should fade a bit to a soft edge (like the shadow around the shadow icon on the toolbar.) However, the shadow I get is hard edged; the only options seem to be shadow color and direction, not a fade effect. It's odd that the shadow toolbar and the discussion in the help files show a nice fade around the shadow button, but I haven't been able to find any way to create that effect in Publisher. I would appreciate some hints on how I c...

Spell checking original text
Within Tools, Options, Spelling, I have checked the box "Ignore original message text in Reply of Forward". Despite this, when I click send and SpellChecker does its stuff, it continues to deal with the original email. Is there another setting that I need to invoke to stop it from worrying about the original email text. -- Regards, Darren In replies do you have the original message prefixed with a character (typically '>')? If so, spell checking will check the original message, too. "Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Using 2 Inboxes but want sent items to go to respective Sent boxes
Hi I manage 2 In Boxes (I log in as my main profile for outlook and have the 2nd attached to my profile) for my work place with Outlook XP. However when I send e-mails, all sent mail is automatically placed in my main profiles Sent basket. What I want to know is, is there a way to have Outlook to have the sent mail iotems from my 'secondary' inbox attached to my main profile to send it to the secondary e-mail profiles sent box and not the default one for my main profile... Many thanks If you have multiple Identities via which you can send, your reply-to o From email would...

Check Cashing Add On?
Does anyone have a check cashing program that may possibly work with RMS? The reason I ask is because I'm in California, and of course we have to have each person who cashes a checks information, and the total amount they cash in one year (each year) on record. There are a few ways of doing this, and I have found some stand alone software's, but I was wondering if anyone has written something for RMS? -- Thank You Vince :) How about setting RMS to prompt for Drivers License and Check information, you can then run a report for the past year grouped by customer and you will ...

Missing Checks entries
I'm new to this group and need some help. I use Money2002 (not "Pro") and can't get any answers to questions from the Money Help feature. I entered three checks pre-dated 12-13-04 and it appeared all was OK, as usual. I can't remember why I did this but suddenly all three checks were gone from the register. I recall trying to use the Control key (iirc, to get to the end of the entries). Anyway, my next entry of a check used the check number that was called for and was entered OK. I figured that I probably pressed some shortcut key or combination that caused what...

Cell Box - one of the 4 cell lines is open
What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - mentioned). Oh yea! The lines are call borders and are part of cell formatting. Format > Cells... > Border > Outline > OK -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MUTTMIND" wrote: > What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have > spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - > mentioned). Oh yea! No worky. Excel 2007 - home tab - cells (ins...

Chart
I have a sheet where I have some VBA macros, one is to import data from some closed workbooks and pull all the information into a sheet called import, with loads of data as follows; -Store Date s1 s2 s3- Store 1 Feb 2005 3 3 2 Store 1 Mar 2005 1 4 4 Store 2 Mar 2005 5 2 2 Store 1 Apr 2005 4 4 4 Store 2 Oct 2005 4 2 1 Store 5 Jun 2005 3 2 3 There could be over 400 rows, with each Store appearing each month. I then have a macro to sort all the data by month. I need to make a chart in another sheet (Chart1) to give each score (s1, s2,s3) its own graph for each mont...

Choosing a drop-down menu selection returns value to another cell
Version: Excel 2003 I have a worksheet that is referencing the value of the active cell. The point is to provide users with dynamic details of the project they currently have selected (active cell). I have the following worksheet code to return the value of the active cell to A1 and the row# of the active cell to A2. Lookup formulas search a database for detail matches on the value of the active cell. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Range("A1") = Target.Value Range("A2") = Target.Row End Sub The range A20:A500 has data v...

Can't find "Password to open" box in Excel 2000
I need to put a password on a workbook to stop unauthorized access but can't find "Password to open" box in to tools->options->general dialog box That's because it's not in Tools/Options/General in the Excel menu. You need to select File/Save As, then click Tools, General Options in the save as dialog. >-----Original Message----- >I need to put a password on a workbook to stop >unauthorized access but can't find "Password to open" box >in to tools->options->general dialog box >. > ...

Possible to link Excel cells to text box in Word using Word's text formatting?
Hi everyone. Here is one of those "is this possible" type situations, which if possible, would make my Augusts less stressful each year. Each August I'm in charge of putting together our annual statistics and producing maps of the state to show activity in each county. Initially my maps were Word documents with individual text boxes for each #. I still have that version saved, but recently I've converted it to a pdf document to make changing the numbers a lot easier (although not being able to add lines of text is a hindrance sometimes). What I'd love to be able to do i...

Creating an autofill type function from a data validation box
I have a time keeping spreadsheet that has a data validation box to select the payperiod (ie 01/16/10 to 01/31/10, etc) and I need to have boxes for time entry with the dates above them auto complete for the date range for the pay period. I know it can be done, but I can't figure it out, eveything I try is leading me to a dead end. Go back to original thread and see my last reply. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:53:02 -0800, SethT <SethT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a time keeping spreadsheet that has a data validation box to ...

CHECK BOXES ON FORM
I'm having a terrible time trying to insert 12 check boxes on a form. I'm setting up a rather small database to capture event info (name, date, location, type, etc). Since I plan to enter the info on the form, I'd like to be able to check as many boxes as applicable to the type of event & then have these items automatically carried over to the table. I haven't even started creating any reports yet; although one of the reports I will want will be broken by type of event. Can anyone offer me some simple solutions to adding some check boxes to my form? Fluffy, yo...

Populate textbox form selection on combo box
Hi I am new to code I have a query that a unbound combo box is bassed on. The 4th colunm is the Ingredient ID that I would like to write to textbox Ingredient_Id I have tried Tom Lake's sugestion Private Sub Combo12_AfterUpdate() Me![Ingredient_Id] = Me![Combo12].Column3 End Sub But I get Object doesn't support this porperty or method, and I do not understand what it means. What does the "me" mean? Thank you Esrei "Me!" refers to the form in which the code is being written and I don't think it is really necessary. I think it should be: ...

Drop Down Menu in Reports
I have a report that I want to create a drop down list for and have it contain information from one of my tables. I would like to be able to open the report and it shows only the information for the individual that I select. For instance, my table contains names of people who are managers - I have that table linked to many other tables thru referential integrety (ex. employees under them, projects assigned to that manager etc.). I have created a report that has all information that viewable in it, but I would like to be prompted when I open the report to pick a specific manager and ...

Multiple checks per Vendor ID/Address ID
Great Plains can only send checks to the Vendor's "Remit To" address ID. It should be possible under one Vendor ID to have multiple "Remit To" address IDs and have the "Print Checks" function print one change per Vendor ID/Address ID. Could you provide your opinions on ideas related to this suggestion, such as how would you see credit documents playing into this picture. Along remit-to addresses as well, or just applied to reduce overall amount owed to the Vendor? Would you foresee a need to change the remit-to addresses on documents once they ar...

Combine photo and text in one box
I want to combine a photo and text in one box. I want the text to wrap around the photo. When I put the photo in first, and then type the text in Publisher, everything works fine. The problem is I then need to move the text box and the photo. When I do that, the text doesn't wrap anymore because they are separate from one another. Does anyone know how to keep the text wrapped when moving both the photo and the text? Group the photo and the text box first. You can move it anywhere you'd like after that. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question...

conditional adding by checking status
Hi friends, I want to add a column values only if the value have specific status. Ex: lets take 2 columns, A and B A column have numbers and B column has status for each number. Now i want to add column A values only if the status is Active for that value in B column. the result can be displayed in column C. Hi, Maybe this =SUMIF(B:B,"Active",A:A) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Rajkiran Singh" wrote: &...