Drop down boxes

Hello

i have a column of 'names' which i have used a dropdown list to produce i.e.

date                        name(drop downlist)
01/01/2009              john

i.e john dave etc in the list is there a way that if a change john to Jsmith
that this will update all the rows that 'john' was chosen for!

themase wrote:
>Hello
>
>i have a column of 'names' which i have used a dropdown list to produce i.e.
>
>date                        name(drop downlist)
>01/01/2009              john
>
>i.e john dave etc in the list is there a way that if a change john to Jsmith
>that this will update all the rows that 'john' was chosen for!

Edit>Replace ( Replace john to Jsmith )

sidm

Password box comes up when starting Outlook 07
I have SBS 2008 installed, and my Users are connected after running the Connect wizard to connect to the domain. When starting Outlook, we're getting teh "Connect to domainname.com" box, and the password won't take. For the user name, I've tried "domainname\Username", just the user name, but no matter which I try, the password or user name is not accepted. I eventually just cancel out of this box. I'm perplexed as to why this is popping up at all, and why the password won't work. Thanks for any suggestions. Geordie You probably need Upda...

Multiple list boxes
In my form design, I have 3 list boxes in a form. List box 1 is created from a query, and is unbound. List box 2 is set to get whatever I selected from box 1. These two boxes work, without problems. Now I run into troubles trying to get list box 3 to get information from what I selected from list box 2. The criteria for list box 3 is [forms]![formname]![listbox2]...please help. Thank you. Andy, What happens with List3? Do you get too many records, too few, wrong records, etc...? Please indicate sample values, and your filtering fields and criteria from List1 through List3. -- ...

Blank Image Box
I have a form that is designed to display several OBL based images. I have found as my DB files grow, this is going to present an issue. MY QUESTION is, how would I add an image box with out an image in it. Would I have to have all image box filled with a default image. Reason for this is that some files (records) will have 2-3 images, while other may have up to 6 (6 is the total number). Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated. -- Work is sometimes hard....but someone has to do it. ...

COMBO BOX or FORM!
HI, I have the following problem, I have a matrix of NxN and inside the matrix I want to add something like a combobox to give the users the capability to select the values from a predefined set of variables. How I can do it is a very easy way? Its possible to do it without Visual Basic? Here is an explample of what I want to do... Fruits State Color Apple Combo1 Combo2 Banana Combo1 Combo2 Then I define the combos as: Combo1 Good Bad Combo2 Red Yellow Many Thanks!!! Select Data > Validation. Choose List from the all...

RE: How do I get my new dialog box to invoke when I press New Menu Item
Hi All, 1. Machine and OS specifications I have Windows XP running Office XP Standard Edition. These software packages are installed on my dell Inspiron laptop. I have 128 MB RAM with a 40 GB HardDrive. 2. Problem In excel, when I pressed the New menu item, a dialog box would appear displaying all of the known templates. Now, only a new worksheet appears. I would like for the dialog to appear again. Can someone tell me how to get the dialog box back displaying all of my templates? d, The default New button has always generated a new workbook, no dialog box. There's ano...

how do i remove box around clip art
how do i paste just the picture subject and not the background of a picture from clip art? trying to remove the box that comes up around it. If the clipart is .wmf the box is transparent, but if you must remove it, select the clipart, arrange, ungroup.(You may have to ungroup twice). If the clips are bitmaps, use the transparency tool on the picture toolbar to make the background transparent. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kklupar" <kklupar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13E8DF0D...

checkbox / radio button or combo-box???
Which is the best one to use if i need to create an ordering form wher the user selects an option and it shows the value of that item in seperate cell? e.g. Intel Celeron Processor 2.53 GHz (Standard) Intel Celeron Processor 2.66 GHz Intel Celeron Processor 2.80 GHz Pentium 4 HT 2.8 GHz 1Mb Cache 800 MHz FSB Pentium 4 HT 3.0 GHz 2Mb Cache 800 MHz FSB Pentium 4 HT 3.2 GHz 2Mb Cache 800 MHz FSB Pentium 4 HT 3.4 GHz 2Mb Cache 800 MHz FSB �0.00 +�4.00 +�8.00 +�73.00 +�84.00 +�110.00 +�149.00 If the user selects Intel Celeron Processor 2.66 GHz +�4.00 is added t the standard pric...

Drop Down Lists #9
I am trying to compare Region, Person, Year growth rate for a three year span in 19 different categories in two different colums. In my Excel Spreadsheet I am using Drop Down Validation list, (Region 1 2007 vs Region 1 2008,etc.) in two different columns, with the rate (percentage of growth) in a column between them. The problem is what formula or combination of formulas do I use to get different years when changed to reference the same cell? Example: 2006 vs 2007 answer in one cell, then if I switch 2005 vs 2007 I want the answer to appear in same cell because the categoires in the clo...

Combo Box selection returns a Date() in another field
Can anyone help me? I had this figured out in MS Access 2003 but now I'm working in 2007 and my previous code doesnt work. I have a form in which I have a Combo Box named "Status1" and the Control Source is "Status". The Row Source is "Pending";"Active";"On Hold";"Completed". Type is Value List. I also have a field named "completed" who's Control Source is "Date Completed" I want a AfterUpdate when the Combo Box is set to "Completed" the Date Completed fills in todays date. But ...

Dis/En-able combo text box and resetting a form
Sorry for the long-windedness! I am a coding amateur. I am having a few issues with a combo box and a "Reset" command button. I have a combo box called "PrimaryIssue", and option 6 in the box is "Other". I have been trying to set it up so that a text box is only enabled if the user selects the "Other" option. I have been having limited success with the following code (which I believe I found on this site somewhere): Private Sub PrimaryIssue_AfterUpdate() Dim varItm As Variant For Each varItm In PrimaryIssue.ItemsSelected If PrimaryIssu...

Mmaisl splitting to more win boxes with only one pop-account
I use a WinXP box with two network cards. One is connected to internet an the other to a Win2K box. The Win2K box is connected by internet connection sharing (ICS). All is working fine but fetching mails: I have only one POP3 account at my ISP where all emails for the both users will be dropped (user1@domain.at and user2@domain.at). I would like to fetch all emails sent to user1 to the first box and all emails for user2 to the second box. How can I do this. Thanks for your help, Harald Harald ARNOLD <Harald.Arnold@arnold.at> wrote: > I use a WinXP box with two network cards. O...

Move or Size Combo Box from forms toolbar With Cells
Hi : I would like to create a combo box from the forms toolbar and move or size it with cells so that if the rows or columns containing the box are hidden, the box will be hidden also. Is there a way to do this in excel? Thanks If you rightclick on the dropdown from the Forms toolbar, you can choose "format control". Then on the properties tab, you'll see that "move and size with cells" isn't available. Is there some overwhelming reason that you can't use the Combobox from the Control toolbox toolbar? It supports that option. steve-o wrote: > > H...

Excel Drop Down box or check box data to Excel Database
I desperately need help with this! I have an Excel form which I have included check boxes, drop down boxes and Yes no. How do I incorporate the data into the Excel database? Maybe you could use some of the techniques that Debra Dalgleish shows at: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html TotallyConfused wrote: > > I desperately need help with this! I have an Excel form which I have > included check boxes, drop down boxes and Yes no. How do I incorporate the > data into the Excel database? -- Dave Peterson Hi, You can send me the workbook and I may be able to assist. ...

Can't password protect workbook -- no pw protect box on Tools>Opts
I Can't password protect any workbook in Excel 2000 -- there is no password protection box on Tools>Options>General, even though (finally after 15 min of searching) help directed me to some supposed box to check off. I've found numerous problems with impossible "fixes" before, even after reinstalling the program and accesssing the CD. Some limitation of the CD, program, or incompatibility between the help for this version and the actual version. What next? The Tools menu you're looking for, will be found in the File/Save As dialog. There you choose General O...

move "Payables Cheque Entry" box
Unitl I figured the quirks of Great Plains, I made cheques from the "Payable Transaction Entry" window. It's a great feature to enter an invoice and print the cheque from the same window. However. When you enter a cheque amount, this "Payables Cheque Entry" box pops up, covering the cheque amount and the unapplied amount. After printing 3 or 4 cheques with the wrong amounts entered (the cheque amount different from the invoice amount), I learned to move the box aside to confirm the "on account" figure was zero. My suggestion is simply to have the po...

Format a Date Text Box As 2010-02-28
I am coming back to Access after a couple of years off, and have forgotten more than I knew. At any rate, I have an app being used in US, Japan, and UK from a Citrix server in USA. I would like to use a date type field in the database table, but format the text box displaying the date as yyyy-mm-dd. I've found that everybody gets it, and in any case they are not typing dates, just reading them. Is there a way to format a texbox to show the date as yyyy-mm-dd. I've thought about just using a text field in the database, then just formatting the contents as above an...

Using values in drop down boxes in formulae
Is there any way to use the value shown in a drop down box in a sum formula. I am trying to work out the total of a column including whatever number is shown in the drop down box. The formul at the moment is =SUM(C16:C28) with the drop down box positioned on cell C28. Is there any way of linking the drop down box to the cell so the number shown is added as well? Thx --------- www.coffeecozy.com Use your Bodum and give up cold coffee for good! Hi what drop down boy are you suing ('Data - validation')? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "44203 - ExcelForums.com" <...

OL 2002 Appt. Drop Down issue
When I click on the down arrow for an appointment time, the dropdown box gives me a scrolling list of times to select from, but as soon as I do a mouseover on one of the times, the dropdown box retracts. This forces me to select appointment times using the arrow and tab keys, which is very annoying. I'm running Outlook 2002 in WinXP Professional. I've reinstalled the mouse driver, video driver, etc. No luck. The problem only occurs in Outlook, and only in the Calendar section. Any help is much appreciated! ...

Align Text Boxes / Auto Shapes on both sides of page for two-sided duplex printing
I would like to know if there is an easy way to automatically align text boxes or auto shapes onto a second page so the 1st and 2nd page will print back to back in the duplex printing mode. My goal is similar to that of printing business cards with information on both sides but Im printing cards that are much larger than business cards. Only about 4 cards per page. If you go into Format - text box, you can find the horizontal and vertical position of it and double check your position. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "big12huskerfan" <champzone@gmail.com> wr...

Create Form with Dropdown Combo Box
I want to create a form with dropdown combobox based off the Company Names. So, eVerytime i click on any of the companies it will populate the appropriate financial results for the two most recent quarters. I have a query result that shows Company Names with their Financial Information that they file quarterly. Some of the Companies shows more than two quarters of results. What is the best way and how to do it to show only two recent months. Thank you, Jay ...

create text box alongside last column of table for two rows
What is the optimum method of creating text fields to the right of the last table column when you only require 3 or 4 in a table of 30 rows? -- Concord Text form fields? It might be simplest to add an extra column and put them in that - either manually or by macro. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>...

How do you rid yourself of unwanted dialog boxes?
I use Microsoft Excel. I had a oilfield management program installed when I purchased the computer. When I open this menu up file not found dialog boxes are in front of the menu. I have to click off these boxes to use menu. This started happening only recently. It is now up to 7 boxes. Help, I am a novice. MIkeT Hi is this an Excel application?. If yes what error messages appear eaxctly -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "mtwin@telus.net" <mtwin@telus.net@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9C75E7A3-C24E-41B3-BB84-3B284FF94B03@microsoft.com... &...

Office: mac missing box with CD key
I purchased Office:mac a few years ago but since then the box has been lost. I have the original cd, and the product key. When I try to open the software after installation it requests the CD key and no number I enter works. Is there anything I can do to obtain my CD key and use it now? If you have the CD & the Product Key is the the one that came with it you should be able to install. If you're having a problem simply obtaining a new key will most likely not resolve the issue. There must be something more at play, but to determine what you'll need to supply much more specific ...

2nd search box not sort properly after using 1st search box
I have 2 combo boxes on a continuse form. One to search name and Other to search Department. Private Sub cboFind_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Me.OrderBy = "" Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[Last Name] = '" & Me![cboFind] & "' AND [First Name] = '" & Me![cboFind].Column(1) & "'" If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark Me.cboFind.BackColor = -2147483633 Me.Last_Name.SetFocus End Sub Private Sub cboDepartment_AfterUpdate() ...

Message box coding.
I am working on a form "A" and i have created a Message box that has 'yes' and 'No' options. if i click on the yes button then it should open up a new form "B (in this case FormAdd)" But if i click on the No option then it should let me stay in the same form that i have been working previsiouly. I have this code here.Can anyone help me as to what i am missing here. Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) If IsNull(CompanyID) Or IsNull(InspectorID) Then MsgBox "", vbYesNo + vbCritical + vbDefaultButton2 If Response = vbYes Then DoCmd.OpenForm...