Drop Down boxes #8

I want to create a drop down box where if no options are used within the drop down, then you are able to type your own answer
0
anonymous (74722)

You can enter any item in a cell with a data validation list, if you
remove the check mark from 'Show error alert after invalid data is
entered', on the Error Alert tab in the Data Validation dialog box.

The box is shown here:

     http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal04.html#Error

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
5/1/2004 3:32:35 PM
That is a combobox.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to create a drop down box where if no options are used within the
drop down, then you are able to type your own answer

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

App only starts in CMD-Box, not in Explorer
Hello, I have a problem on a Windows Server 2003 R2. If I want to start a program in Windows Explorer by double-clicking, I get the error message: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The message I get with a user which is member of the Domain Admins and Administrators. The permissions are also OK, everything is set to Allow, I have also checked with the effective permissions. If I start the application from a CMD box, it works. Has anyone an explanation for this strange behave...

Excel VBA
I can't seem to find the 'Draw" menu in Excel VBA... Am I correct in assuming that there is none? And that the Frame is the only way to group stuff on a Form?? thanks The frame is typical, but you can group some controls by using the GroupName. If you want lines on the userform, I think lots of people use a label that's really skinny--or use a picture of a line and then use that picture. tmb wrote: > > I can't seem to find the 'Draw" menu in Excel VBA... > > Am I correct in assuming that there is none? > > And that the Frame is the onl...

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP
Last night I was going about my regular buisness of (after work) getting on and vegging in fron of my laptop while I watch TV. An update came around (mind you everything was working fine yesterday) which was: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP (KB980182). Now for some reason I can't access yahoo.com or lotro.com? These two sites are the only ones that I can't seem to access for some reason? I have tried to search for malicious spyware and viruses nothing comes across (McAfee, and Malewarebytes) I have tried to System restore to a date I ...

Change event missing from Forms 2.0 combo box.
I'm doing a project in Access 2000 using forms and MS Forms 2.0 combo boxes. I'm not using the native Access combo box because it lacks an Add Item method and is therefor very difficult to populate. I want to do something when the user makes a selection in the combo box so I need to respond to the Change event. The object browser shows a number of events including Click and Change available for the combo box. However, these events do not appear in property list of the combo box so I cannot get to them. I have confirmed that I'm using the Forms 2.0 combo box and not the native o...

unicode for edit box
I am trying to add unicode support to an older application. Doing a unicode build would be too big a change, so instead we want to just add unicode support to a few key parts. The first place I'm trying is a simple multiline edit box. The user types in text and it gets stored in a file. I've changed my API calls to their W equivalents and am using WCHARs instead of chars, but the problem I'm having is with the edit box itself. If I try to paste in a unicode character, it always shows up as a ?. What do I need to do to "turn on unicode" for the edit box? Nate Hekma...

On-Click Events and motion tablet signature boxes?
I have a fairly involved form with 54 option frames. Each frame has 4 option buttons (IN, OUT, N/A, N/O). I already have the option frames setup to update their status in a table with numbers (1,2,3,4) and all this is linked to a specific record number that is auto generated. I can create multiple records that retain my choices for all 54 option frames. What I want to do now is create a table with a list of pre-written comments and an event on each option frame so if I select OUT it will select a specific comment for that specific option. I might select OUT on the option ...

highlighting text box if...
Is there a way to highlight a text box in a form if say, an expiration date is past due? If so, how? Thanks for the help, Scot -- Scot Rawlings Technical Trainer Comcast Auburn, WA Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200712/1 Never mind... I have tunnel vision right now. I figured it out. Thanks spcscooter wrote: >Is there a way to highlight a text box in a form if say, an expiration date >is past due? If so, how? > >Thanks for the help, > >Scot > -- Scot Rawlings Technical Trainer Comcast Auburn...

Save As Dialog Box defaulting as Thumbnail View.
I have noticed when I right click on a file to "save As" the dialog always defaults to Thumbnail View and so I have to click on the views tab to change it to Detail Tab is there a way in folder options or control panel to change the setting to make the dialog box default to detail view ? Some feedback on this would be appreciated. -- James M. Horak P.O. Box 2167 Belton Texas, 76513 "jhorak101" <james.horak@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:CF5F2708-8E9E-445D-9F8C-08F17FECB551@microsoft.com... >I have noticed when I right click on a file to "s...

Selected items from List Box sent to Form Field
When items are selected from a list box (frm!List52), they currently populate another list box (frm!List56) but I would like the selections made to also update a field (T_assigned) on the form. Currently frm! List56 is populated with first name and last name data - Columns 1 and 2 - I am trying to get the selected ID_NUMs from Column 0 into the T_assigned field. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated, thanks. ______________________________________________ Public Sub CopySelected(ByRef frm As Form) Dim ctlSource As Control Dim ctlDest As Control Dim strItems As String...

Can I set up cascading combo boxes in a TABLE?
I am setting up a database for a research project. I would like to enter the data within the table as it is easier to see everything together. I have a combo box for General Injury Region, which is upper extremity, lower extremity, spine. I would like to the second combo box populate based on the first with shoulder, hand, wrist, etc. Thanks in advance! Debi wrote: > I am setting up a database for a research project. I would like to enter > the data within the table as it is easier to see everything together. > > I have a combo box for General Injury Region, wh...

Adding MDAC 2.8 May Help Associate BCM/Outlook
Mag-- I forgot to add to my checklist that some people feel downloading and installing MDAC Microsoft Data Access Components 2.8 may help get BCM associated with Outlook. Chad Harris ______________________________________________ From: "mag" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> Subject: Business contact manager (Outlook 2003) Date: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 2:16 PM My laptop is not recognizing that the Business contact manager has been installed. I have created one or two contacts but cannot access the business contact form not any business contact forlders, and when s...

Figures in data box and percentages in graph
Hi - I have a client for whom we have developed a report system. They now want an ammendment to some of the graphs which means that they want to be able to see the actual figures in the data box under the graph and the bars/lines in the body of the graph to be based on percentages. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Regards Andrew You need to fake the data table. Tushar Mehta has a discussion of data tables and alternatives on his web site, http://tushar-mehta.com. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://Pelti...

Rename Message Box
I have a combo box which is set to autofill client name or open message box. When the message box opens, (in the blue area) it shows 32. I've looked everywhere in access that may show 32, figuring I could change it and I can't find it anywhere. Can I change the 32 to reflect Add Client? Private Sub ClientID_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer) On Error GoTo Err_cboClientID_NotInList Dim intAnswer As Integer intAnswer = MsgBox("Would you like to add this value to the list?", vbYesNo, vbQuestion) If intAnswer = vbYes Then DoCmd.RunComma...

Locking a Text Box
Hi all, hope someone can help with a text box locking problem. I need to lock a text box on a switchboard so that it can not be deleted by someone else. I am designing a database for a friend's work but want my name and address in a text box as the designer on the switchboard to remain. I know that my friend will make changes and there is little I can do, but I don't want my name and phone number deleted from the switchboard. Is there anything that I can do. Thank you for any help you can give. Maurita Searcy I'm afraid there is no way to allow someone to change some aspects...

"Return Mail" dialog box
I upgraded from Outlook 97 to Office XP; now when I receive a new email, a dialog box titled "Return Mail" opens (similar to the "Select Names" box when adding recipients to a new email, except "Cc ->" is the only choice, and a recipient is already added). Does anyone have any clues on how to fix this ? I'm not the only one experiencing this issue: http://groups.google.com/groups? q=return+mail+group:microsoft.public.outlook.*&hl=en&lr=&ie =UTF-8&oe=UTF- 8&group=microsoft.public.outlook.*&selm=118a01c386d2% 24587c6f70%24a101280...

Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher
Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher heater <heater@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher Yes. Ctrl+T. You cannot make the text partially transparent. The text box can only be semitransparent in Publisher 2002 or 2003, and this does not always print correctly. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Thanks Ed, I tried that & it not quite what Im after. In microsoft word you can make the fill of a text box semi transparent. This is good for instance if you hav...

Text box won't accept format
I created a text box (tbPODollarValue) on an existing form. Its control source is "=cbPONbr.column(3)" where cbPONbr is a control on the same form sitting rightnext to my new text box (tbPODollarValue). I've set the format on tbPODOllarValue to "Currency", and its Decimal Places to 2. cbPONbr gets the right values. Its query is: SELECT tblPO.ID, tblPO.PONbr, tblPO.ProjectID, tblPO.PODollarAmt, ismember([GroupCode],moduleid()) AS Expr1 FROM tblPO WHERE (((ismember([GroupCode],moduleid()))<>0)) ORDER BY tblPO.PONbr DESC; tbPODollarValue displays the righ...

Pasteing In text into a current text box
When I cut text from a website and attempt to paste it into a current text box, Publisher 2003 defaults to create a new text box instead of inserting it into the preexisting one. How can I fixt this? Firstly you do not say which version of Publisher you are using. Secondly when you copy a webpage you are copying HTML. Use menu EDIT > Paste Special > Unformatted Text or paste into Notepad which will remove all the formatting and then re-copy and paste into Publisher. "��MS-Publisher��" wrote: > Firstly you do not say which version of Publisher you are using. ========...

Cross-Reference Dialog Box No Longer Works Right
This is a change in Word 2007 from previous versions, and it's starting to drive me crazy. I often insert a cross reference to a "numbered item" - normally a heading. You can do with keystroke shortcuts or by clicing "Cross-reference" in the "References" toolbar. The problem is with the little dialog box that pops up at this point. Its main window shows, in outline form, all the headings in the document, and I then pick the one to which I want to insert a reference. Except ... it doesn't. The main window in the dialog box OMITS all the ...

Field Service Installation Failed in GP 8 with Arabic Collation
Hi All, I unable to install the databse schema to any of the database due to field service does not install on Arabic Collation. Anybody has solution. Regards Akber ...

Printing problems in the advanced find dialog box
I am using the advanced find tool in outlook to search my journal entries for a specific set of records by catagory. I then turn on the auto preview to expand all the details for the found records. When I then select all found records and print in memo view I get all the records to print, 1 page per record. If, however, I print those same records to a table view I get just a row of headings accross the top of the page but no data. Is this a bug in outlook or am I doing something wrong? -- Alan Barnes Innovative Solutions ...

Outlook 2003 Drap and Drop Issue
Hi If you take an email from Outlook and perform a drag and drop to the tasks, the task is created but the message body text is empty. Any reason why this should happen. Cheers ...

Migrating from MFC 7 to 8 (error C2440)
Hello everybody. I'am migrating a project from MFC 7 to 8, and the compiler gives me the error: ....\MyCode.cpp(53) : error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'UINT (__thiscall CMyDerivedCwndClass::* )(CPoint)' to 'LRESULT (__thiscall CWnd::* )(CPoint)' Cast from base to derived requires dynamic_cast or static_cast The error is in the message map: BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CMyDerivedCwndClass, CWnd) //{{AFX_MSG_MAP(CMyDerivedCwndClass) ON_WM_NCHITTEST() //Here is the error!!! //}}AFX_MSG_MAP END_MESSAGE_MAP() I need the MFC 7 version too, so, the c...

How do I display drop down arrows for a completed drop down field?
I want it to display when the document is being completed by other users.. ...

Outlook stops responding #8
After being open for 1 to 2 minutes, the cursor flashes between the pointer and the hourglass several times after which the program locks up. Then the error message comes up warning that the program will close. I am running outlook 2002 on W98 SE in a network environment. Any sugggestions on how to fix, Thank you ...