drop down boxes #4

Hi everyone,
Ok i'll outline the situation. I am trying to produce an
invoice page on a system where the user can produce an
invoice etc, and I am wanting to make a cell show the
total cost for the accomodation. I have a drop down box
for the location name and for the cost per day, and the
number of days is shown in a separate cell. Is there a way
to show the total cost of the accomodation in this single
cell?
Help needed urgently!

Thanks, Andy.
0
atomicrat (5)

Andy
    I am not sure of what you want but from what you say, all you need is a
simple formula in that cell.  Say the charge per day is in A1 and the number
of days is in B1.  Then in the cell where you want the total cost of the
accommodation, put "=A1*B1" without the quotes.   HTH   Otto
"andy" <atomicrat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
> Ok i'll outline the situation. I am trying to produce an
> invoice page on a system where the user can produce an
> invoice etc, and I am wanting to make a cell show the
> total cost for the accomodation. I have a drop down box
> for the location name and for the cost per day, and the
> number of days is shown in a separate cell. Is there a way
> to show the total cost of the accomodation in this single
> cell?
> Help needed urgently!
>
> Thanks, Andy.

0
ottomhello (94)

failure of Open XML 1.1.4 to work
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Previous versions of this worked fine. This version comes up with comment &quot;not enough memory&quot;. As I have 2mg Ram this seems strange. Any help appreciated. I'm afraid you haven't provided sufficient information for anyone to go on, especially since that message quite often has nothing to do with memory. For any questions of a technical or performance nature it's important that you specify your current update level of OS X as well as for Office. Exactly when does this messag...

I have a red pencil box
It's red and holds pencils. ...

drop down menus #12
I am a new Excel user who has basically learned everyething I know by practicing and making MANY mistakes, but my question is: I use ddata validation to make drop down menus for particualar cells that I need the data in and I seem to be limited as to the amount of data I can use in the drop down menu. Is there any way I can make a drop down menu for cells that can accomodate "unlimited data"? These are basic speadsheets I am making but I need alot of selectons in a few of the drop down menus. If I gave my users a dropdown with hundreds of listed items, they'd come at me w...

Inbox and unread box
What's the purpose of having an inbox and an unread box in my outlook 2003. They both read the same number of messages. Is it a duplicate? With Outlook xp, it would simply show a number in black, to let me know the number of unopened messages. Now, there seems to be a separate folder entitled "unread" and it has the exact same number of email messages as my inbox ... all of time, and has always displayed the exact same number since I installed it. Is anyone able to explain this? I dont' understand it. Thanks in advance. Diana Definitely not a duplicate; it's a S...

Opinions , info ... #4
Hello, I would like to ask the following question. Now, we have several company's with there own e-mail suffix for example test@company1.be , test@company2.pl , test@company3.fr , and there own local provider and IT infrastruture. What we would like is that all these company's get an e-mail address like @company.com. What is the easiest way to do this ? Can we use a pop3 server ? The company with .pl use there own exchange now but aren't connected to the main facility. Thx for the info ...

Text box jumps to left of page
Word 2004 (I am relatively new to Word and am delighted to find a forum specifically for the Mac version. There are a number of unresolved, niggling issues I can live however they slow the workflow. I am eager to learn.) In the recent past, I manually converted 12,000+ recipes from WordPerfect 7 to Word. Since Word 2004 does not have a filter for the old files, the conversion was done on the Windows side of my Mac in Word2003. Those files _usually_ open without protest also in 2004. One annoyance regards text boxes. When text was highlighted and a text box was requested for it in...

List box
I am trying to use the list box function from the control toolbar. I am not sure how to get the listings I want in the list box. Is there certain VB coding that is needed? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Todd No VBA code needed. In Design mode, click on your list box and select Properties from the Control toolbox (or right-click your list box and select Properties), then scroll down to the ListFillRange Property and indicate the cell range address that has the items you want to appear in the box (i.e., A1:A10). Then exit out of design mode and test your list box. MRO "Tod...

Table headers in a list box (Custom Report)
I have a big table with many fields (more than fifty). They are not in one table but related. Now user's come with a requirement of a separate type of report everyday which has different fields. because of which i have to design a report for them with the required query. I was therefore wondering can i make a form which has two list boxes the one on left side will have all the fields of the table (only headers needed, not data). Users can select multiple no. of fields from that list box which will appear in another list box. Users should be able to then select the order of fi...

Dead Exchange box
I have a SBS 2003 Box that has failed and the owner has no back ups! (Fool) All I have to work with is the new box (Sane Name as the old box) and have managed to retrive the exchange folders from the old srever. Could someone please tell me the best way to get the data back On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:49:02 -0700, AndrewS <AndrewS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a SBS 2003 Box that has failed and the owner has no back ups! (Fool) >All I have to work with is the new box (Sane Name as the old box) and have >managed to retrive the exchange folders from the old srever....

How do I use the "Correlation" dialog box with multiple ranges?
I'm using data in an Excel 2003 in a workbook, trying to see if there is any correlation between specific offices in which people work and the length of time they have been employed, their age the amount of sickleave taken and/or the amount of sickleave balance they have. I'm attempting to use Data Analysis and the Correlation dialog box. Although the dialog description tells me that I can use multiple comparison ranges, I don't see how to do it. Thanks for any help. Paulf6 - Arrange your data in list (database) format, i.e., names in the top row (Time Employed, Age, ...)...

Payroll Build Checks takes almost 4 hours
Sorry, I'm reposting this question because I didnt describe the subject very well... I hope someone has any tips of what to look for... I run Payroll Build Checks for 1369 employees, selecting biweekly and Salary, and it takes almost 4 hours to finish. At the end, only 543 employees fit the selection criteria. My server looks to have plenty of spare capacity when monitored, the store procedures were recompiled, the statistics were updated, check links ran, etc. What else can I check? Any help or tips are greatly appreciated. Details are below. When I click on <...

Outlook 2003 question #4
Hi ... I have 4 email accounts with outlook 2003 and they are all from the same isp provider ... My problem is when i am going to create an email to someone i can't tell which email account is sending the email to , its usually set a default ... What i mean is that when i view my email accounts they are listed as so and so default , # 1 , # 2 , # 3 , I don't know what 1 or 2 or 3 are ... Is there a way to notice which email account is which beside having numbers beside them ... I can't tell which is which ... It would be better if you could view the actual name of the ema...

Exchange Cluster #4
Hi All, My company purchased 2 identical hardware and we have exising windos 2003 Dc, now i wanted to install exchange on microsoft cluster. as I have 2 same identical server on which i will install the exchange, if my one hardware goes down my sencond exchange/hardware will act as a active exchange server & will be accessible to all the users, we have only 100 mailboxes in our company & plaaning to hire 400 employee in coming months, what will be the best way to deploy the same Regards Muneer Khan 1 active and 1 passive i have 25000 exchange users in 3 actives and 1 passive ...

Text box unwanted border
For some reason I know not why, that even though I enter 'No line' in both Line/Border style and Dash style I still have a visible bold dash surrounding the text box. Any help would be appreciated. Did you happen to draw a rectangle around the text box? Try highlighting it, and move the bottom text box adjustment up. If the dashed line didn't move, click on it and delete. Or, Copy the text, and paste it and if the dashed line didn't go with the copy, delete the original. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Meridklt" <Meridklt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Conditional Formatting for a dashboard with a drop down menu
I am formating a dashboard where you select which dash board from a drop down menu (P&L, KPI's etc.). When I change the dash board with the drop down menu the conditional formatting no longer works. If I edit the conditional format rules and select apply it works again. What do I need to do to automatically make it re apply the formatting again. The rows and columns are set up exactly the same, it just brings in different types of data each time that need to be formatted differently (revenue, % of revenue, ratios etc.). I set up conditional formatting for which type ...

Transfer between accounts #4
Hi, I'm using 2008 deluxe edition. I use online service to update my bank and credit card accounts. I came across one post (Subject: funds transfer to another account) in which 'Dick Watson' suggested using special category 'Transfer' for transaction where money is transfered from bank to credit card. But I'm facing problem here, when I select 'Transfer' category in bank, it adds new entry in credit card account, but due to online update that entry is already present there, so now I have 2 credit entries in credit card account. Is there any way to avoid ...

list box 06-08-07
Hi! I have two list boxes, one shows the list of creditors,"listCred", and the other,"listAR", shows the list of accounts receivable. How can I make the latter list show only the accounts of the creditor that i clicked from the former list? Thanks! -- ai® Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200706/1 Answered in UtterAccess, where you posted the same question. http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=83&Number=1431290&Zf=&Zw=&Zg=0&Zl=a&Main=1431285&Search...

Value copied based on choosen value from combo box
I do have two sheets SheetA and SheetB SheetA 111 100 222 200 333 300 444 400 SheetB Consists of combo box for 1st column. After choosing value, the corresponding value in the neighboring column from sheetA is copied. 333 X 222 X 444 X Sample: 444 400 What is the formula is the X cells, it should be with MATCH or COUNT / COUNTIF but I cannot get the right formula. Bart Excel 2003 How to have a value being copied to another sheet? Hi One way, in cell B2 of Sheet2 =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$1;$B$100,2,0) copy down as far as required. Change the range A1:B100 to includ...

File Mark on between pages 1 & 4 on 1 sheet, 4 page booklet
Hello All, I am using Publisher 2003 and I have a problem. We are taking multipage page Publisher documents and printing as a booklet. It works really well. However, these docs require a filing mark (some geometric shape that allows the filers to identify batches when they are folded) between pages 1 and 4 or, looking at it another way, in the middle of the sheet 1. The problem is that pages 1 and 4 are not adjacent in a two-page view, so it doesn't work to simply place the filing mark in between the two pages. It worked on pages 2 and 3, because they are adjacent. Anybody has exp...

display something in ms crm 4.0 status bar
How I can display something in ms crm 4.0 status bar (there is Selected 1-50) after it Thank all. ...

Excel Problem #4
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0176_01C5D288.E54ED060 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some sheets In every sheet i have a date betwin C50:C80 and the import betwin D50:D90 Is possible that the solution is in other sheet?=20 Thanks Marcello ------=_NextPart_000_0176_01C5D288.E54ED060 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEA...

set defaults for text boxes
I'm trying to set the default font for text boxes in a publisher publication. How can I make every text box open to the same style and size font so I don't have to keep switching from Times New Roman. Thanks. silver <silver@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I'm trying to set the default font for text boxes in a publisher > publication. How can I make every text box open to the same style and > size font so I don't have to keep switching from Times New Roman. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Ed Bennett - MV...

Emails going to wrong box
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop Okay, so instead of going to my inbox, all of my general mail is going to another folder. I have unclicked the mail rule for that person and it's still doing it. And I have three or four emails and they're all going to that folder. Any ideas how to correct it? Thanks. Hi, check Tools>Mailing List Manager for any unwanted mailing list rule that you do not remember creating; disable or delete it and see if the problem disappears. On 20/12/09 11:43, Smitty@officeformac.com wrote: > Operating System: Ma...

copy text box value from current form to "Next" form
I am creating a DB to handle/record a process that has basic information (Table1), I have a data entry form (Form1) for this table/information that includes a “ID1” field (stored "ID1" is TEXT and generated by VBA code “beforeinsert” and is unique/key). I would like to have command buttons (at least 3) on this form that will when selected (clicked): 1). Mark a corresponding Yes/No box in “Table1” (“ReqAction1a”) to “True” for later querying (not visible on form). 2). Then copy the value in “ID1” from “Form1” (for relating tables, one to many and user reference). 3). Open “Form2” (dat...