Drawing info from another source document

Excel can 'gather' and update info into a formula, and use hyperlinks, but I
had a Dos program called LUCID that could not only gather the information,
but you could travel back and forth between the pages by using the <+> or
<->.  Is there any shortcut like that in Excel?
0
Denny (22)

If by "pages" you mean "worksheets", use CTRL + Pageup or Pagedown to go to
next or previous sheet.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 12:59:04 -0700, "denny" <denny@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Excel can 'gather' and update info into a formula, and use hyperlinks, but I
>had a Dos program called LUCID that could not only gather the information,
>but you could travel back and forth between the pages by using the <+> or
><->.  Is there any shortcut like that in Excel?

0
Gord
7/1/2005 8:30:11 PM
By "pages" do you mean spreadsheet tabs?  There is a keyboard shortcut
for switching between tabs: simultaneously press CTRL PG-UP or CTRL
PG-DN.

0
CycleZen (674)
7/1/2005 8:33:03 PM
No I didn't mean worksheets or spreadsheet tabs.  Let me illustrate what I
meant:
Make 2 Excel sheets in a worksheet or 2 separate files. Call one Names and
one Numbers	Type this is Names in cell A1  "Jimmy".   In cell B2, type  82
Now in Numbers Cell F1 type "=" and then mouse click on Names.  Find cell B2
Press Enter.  That puts the number (82) in Names A2 into Numbers F2
But supposing you had each new name and number coming from other files, it
would be hard to check their sources without painstakingly searching each
one out.
In Lucid you could sit on F1 and press "+" and it would take you to the source
of the formula.

0
Denny (22)
7/8/2005 5:36:02 AM
Does this meet your objective?
Go Tools/Options and on the edit Tab ensure that the setting "Edit directly
in Cell" is NOT ticked.
Go to a cell with a simple reference in it (eg = G5).
Double click the cell and the active cell will jump to the referenced cell
(in the example to G5).
To return to the original cell press F5 and hit enter.
Rgds,
ScottO

"denny" <denny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| No I didn't mean worksheets or spreadsheet tabs.  Let me illustrate what I
| meant:
| Make 2 Excel sheets in a worksheet or 2 separate files. Call one Names and
| one Numbers Type this is Names in cell A1  "Jimmy".   In cell B2, type  82
| Now in Numbers Cell F1 type "=" and then mouse click on Names.  Find cell
B2
| Press Enter.  That puts the number (82) in Names A2 into Numbers F2
| But supposing you had each new name and number coming from other files, it
| would be hard to check their sources without painstakingly searching each
| one out.
| In Lucid you could sit on F1 and press "+" and it would take you to the
source
| of the formula.

Thanks everyone.  That helped.
denny
0
Denny (22)

MSSQL2008: Configuration Documenter Tool available ?
Hello guys, does any know if there is a tool to automatically document MSSQL 2008 configuration's important elements to a HTML file ? thanks in advance Sven ...

Document hyperlink doesn't work when offline
On a laptop, I have a template with a hyperlink to a jpg that is an offline file. The hyperlink contains the path \\Servername\PRACTICE DOCUMENTS\Reference\UE dermatomes.jpg The hyperlink only works if the laptop is logged onto the server containing the original file. I can also access the jpg file directly on the laptop via: PRACTICE DOCUMENTS\Reference\UE dermatomes.jpg since this is also a mapped drive. Z:\PRACTICE DOCUMENTS I tried to change the hyperlink to Z:\PRACTICE DOCUMENTS\Reference\UE dermatomes.jpg, but this change does not save. It reverts back to \ \Servern...

Free and Busy info will not show in outlook 2003
We have recently converted from outlook 5.5 to exchange server 2003. we were using replication for free/busy info to come across the old server to the new. now that the old server has been taken offline the Calendar is stating that it is "unable to update free/busy data. The contents of this public folder are currently unavailable. Either the MS Server computer servicing this public folder is down or the public folder has not been replicated to this site" i'm sure i just need to get this to point to the right spot on the new server...I just don't know where to get this d...

graphing quartiles..does anyone have a source for how to do this?
I would like to graph data into quartiles. I have identified the data but I am having trouble getting my chart to separate into the 4 quartiles for presentation. In article <8A1C1979-55C1-4FE6-ADBA-B31E97698938@microsoft.com>, laurieevan@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I would like to graph data into quartiles. I have identified the data but I > am having trouble getting my chart to separate into the 4 quartiles for > presentation. > Check XL help for the QUARTILE and FREQUENCY functions. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA...

WndDbg Advise
Having concluded that I need visibility beneath the level of the VC6 IDE debugger, I am engaging in the project of setting up for remote debugging a MFC application using WinDbg. I have connected IEEE 1384 between two Xp SP2 computers, and I have the two computers connected on a simple Windows peer to peer network with file sharing. I would like the Target computer to be the computer with the IDE, source and symbols, and the Host to simply be running WindDbg. Is this realistic? - or is more advisable to contain the IDE, symbols and source on the Host, and use the Target only for progra...

How to store jpg in a database for use in another sheet
Can somebody please explain me how to store jpg's in a database and le them show in another sheet when entering a specific key -- Marc Willems ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Marc Willemse's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=164 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187045633 J.E. McGimpsey has instructions for displaying pictures based on a cell entry: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html Marc Willemse wrote: > Can somebody please explain me how to store jpg's in a database and let > them show...

moving contacts from one profile to another profile?
How would I go about doing this in Windows Vista? How do I import all the contacts from one profile to another one on the same computer? You never import Outlook data. Your question is answered here daily. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx Note that some of the ...

XML Comment documentation
Where can I find some documentation on creating XML comment files. I would like to know the format/conventions for creating them. Hello, "WALDO" <MidnightNOSPAMAlley@hotmail.com> schrieb: > Where can I find some documentation on creating XML > comment files. I would like to know the format/conventions > for creating them. There are some tools available for creating these files. My XML Comments FAQ: VB Commenter: http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/ide/ -> section "VB Commenter" XML Documentation: http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/vb/ -> section "XML ...

how can I import excel data to word document
I need to import a file from excel spreadsheet to word format kindy advice me on this thanks and regards powersree Copy and paste, copy and paste special as picture, open a copy of the file in word, post the question in a word newsgroup? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "powersree" <powersree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:357CA013-6D63-4EF7-9C3A-FE991C550AC7@microsoft.com... > I need to import a file from excel spreadsheet to word format kindy advice > me on this > > thanks and regards > > powersree ...

A pivot table report cannot overlap another pivot table report.
How can I make this go away? Use separate worksheets? David wrote: > > How can I make this go away? -- Dave Peterson ...

Everytime an email is sent a different email goes to another
Hi everytime I send an email to anyone wether they be in my address book or not another email gets sent out to another contact, the same contact everytime and the same email no matter what you send anyone else. can you please reply to my email address as i do not always get time to check the forums. Thanks Paul sales@capitel.com.au ...

merging office documents
Dear all i want to merge serverl office 2007 documents into single one. each doc has a specific header which i want to remain intact in the merged final document. I know how to merge. 1. Click Insert option in the Office Fluent Ribbon menu bar 2. Click on the Down arrow at the right side of Object. 3. Select Text from Fileā€¦ option. ...etc. this procedure is OK but the header becomes the same as the first document, and this is the problem. how can i make all individual documents preserve its header in the final document and without header and page number for each first pag...

Slow document access with hyperlink
I have found that when I insert a hyperlink in a large Excel documen (15,000 lines) it takes upwards of 1 full minute to open. The hype link in to another file on my computer and not to a web page. Is ther a reason for this? Also is there a way to eliminate this time delay i opening a document? I would greatly appreciate any advise. Sincerely Kurt Gibson Va BEach, VA kc_stang@hotmail.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Separating 2 exchange servers to use two different internet source
I have 2 servers. One is connected to a t1, the other is connected to a dsl line which has different dns address and firewall than our normal network. This server has two nics. How do I setup this server only to send outbound email using the dsl line. Right now I show 3 bridgehead servers these two and one in another state. The reason I am doing this is to lower the outbound traffice on the t1. Are you trying to change the outbound interface on one Exchange server, or restrict outbound smtp traffic for your Exchange routing group/organization to the one server? It also would have he...

Another Conditional Format Question
I've formatted a number of cells so that their contents "go blank" if the cell value is zero, but display with their values otherwise. The "blank is accomplished by setting the font color to "white". Now is there either a conditional formatting or macro trick which would enable me to only apply globally the conditional formatting when I want it? In other words, the cells would normally show zero values, but could be globally turned "blank" at my command. -- PT One way would be to add a switch to your condition in the CF. For instance: Defi...

Another user is creating this item #2
Hi, Another user is creating this item - error - when trying to create a new inventory item. If any body have a solution please let me know. Thanks & Regards What version of GP are you using? This was a problem in V6 but was fixed. If you are using a newer version, get everyone out of the application and release all SQL sessions and locks -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Rainu Jacob" wrote: > Hi, > &...

Get rows from another tab where cell in column is empty
I have a spreadsheet where I track amounts owed to subcontractors and when they were paid. I'm trying to create another tab where I pull all rows that have not been paid. The only thing anyone has suggested so far is autofilter but that isn't what I'm looking for. Is there a function for this or would it have to be a macro? I don't really want to do a macro. I might just build this in Access, but I thought I'd try this angle first since it's already set up in Excel. I really appreciate any help that could be provided. gg If you don't like AutoFilter, then a ...

Combining documents
I have several documents on a web server and I'd like to be able to create a table of contents and pull these files into one document and print them - Any suggestions as to how I might do this? Thanks You can try this http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm Or copy/paste. Publisher, unlike Word, does not create a TOC, you will have to create it manually. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "KMBmich" <KMBmich@discussions...

Documents that are corrupt, invalid print options
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Ok, so occasionally we receive documents in xlsx format from an outside partner that cannot be opened by Excel 2008 for Mac, the error is &quot;The file might have been damaged or modified from its original format&quot;. <br><br>If you try to open this document in Excel 2007 for Windows, we get the following error, &quot;Excel found unreadable content in 'file name here.xlsx'. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Y...

Can't delete/move documents (some)
I have some Microsoft Word documents in my hard-drive and I can't delete some or move some! I tried to move from C: to E:. Any suggestions? PS I can't open them as well. I made them and it said I do not have privileges, even I made them myself!! This newsgroup is for questions related to interacting with external data sources using Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. It doesn't sound as though you're using Access when you're encountering your problem. You'd likely be better off asking in a newsgroup related to Word, or perhaps ...

Office 2003 tools document scanning
Windows xp pro sp3 & office 2003 sp3 with HP all-in-one deskjet F4180. When trying to scan, both Office tools, Document scanning and Documnet imaging state "no compatible scanner found". Word and Excel insert picture funtion works fine with above setup. Note: (Have a double boot using Windows Multi media 2005 sp3 and offfice 2003 sp3 which works fine with the Hp f4180.) ...

Link a form field in a Word document to populate an excel spreads
i'm trying to populate a cell in an excel spreadsheet with a form field in a word document. is this possible? ...

Exporting Exchange 5.5 mailboxes info in the permissions tab
Can anyonw tell me how I can extract the information from the permissions tab on the Exchange 5.5 mailboxes ? Thank you. Hi, Try this link, hop it helps. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=188628 "Kent" <Kent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75E6F6A2-6849-4120-8A88-0384241A7013@microsoft.com... > Can anyonw tell me how I can extract the information from the permissions > tab > on the Exchange 5.5 mailboxes ? Thank you. ...

Apply Payables Documents
I would like to apply a transaction from the "Apply Payables Documents" window, but every time, I received this message "You can't choose this document because it is part of a recovered batch or is still in the process of posting". I verified in the Batch Recovery window and the list is empty. OK, couple of theings to look at. First you need to determine whether or not the batch actually posted. Check the vendor transaction files in payables to be sure the trx posted - check each trx - not just the last one or first on. After that look at the check register ...

v.X documents do not open correctly in 2004
Hello, I manage a small number of computers for a grant project whose purpose is to write a series of text books. Formatting is of major concern. The issue is that there are MAJOR problems with migrating to Office 2004 from v.X. In word, a section of a document is missing when rendered (to screen or paper). It's a clean cut of a section that spanned two pages. If you attempt to find text that was supposed to be in the section, it will pretend to find it, but not show anything. Exporting to a different format does not help the situation; Office does not show the section of text, even t...