double a value & ROUND to next highest thousand

How do I double a number and round up to next highest thousand

ie    35,200 X 2 = 70,400 Round to 71,000

Thanks for any help

--
pgruening
pgruening's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26011

Try following function:

=ROUNDUP(B3*2;-3)

where B3 is a reference to a cell with value, which you want t
calculate, -3 means "round to thousands"

mlho

--
mlho
mlhos's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2557

I tried the formuma =ROUNDUP(B3*2;-3) insuring B3 cell had a valid
amount but received "The formula contains an error"

--
pgruening
pgruening's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26011
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393953

Replace the semi-colon with a comma for your version of XL:

=ROUNDUP(B3*2,-3)

--
Regards,

RD

"pgruening" <pgruening.1tgm2f_1123527915.9494@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:pgruening.1tgm2f_1123527915.9494@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I tried the formuma =ROUNDUP(B3*2;-3) insuring B3 cell had a valid
> amount but received "The formula contains an error"
>

> --
> pgruening
> pgruening's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26011
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393953

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
8/9/2005 3:04:52 AM
Hi pgruening:

The equation contains a small error. Instead of a semicolon use a
comma. Like this:

=ROUNDUP(B3*2,-3)

Good Luck,
Thomas

--
thomasstyron
thomasstyron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25568

Vary Color based on value
Is there a way in a bar chart to have a bar be a specific color if less than, lets say "5" ? Instead of manually changing each bar that is less than a specific number. Hi, Create two additonal columns of formulas, suppose your original data is in B2:B12, then in C2 enter the formula =IF(B2<=5,B2,0) in cell D2 enter the formula =IF(B2>5,B2,0) Copy these formulas down. Plot these ranges instead of your original range. Format one series one color the other another. If this helps, please click the Yes button. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Jennifer" wrote: >...

emails appear double in queue
Hi, when an email is forwarded to my queue i get 2 mails. 1 is the original mail and the other is a forwarded mail from my queue to my queue and no body text from the original mail. Why does this happen? Thanx Hi All, I have the same issue. Help anyone? Cheers, Danny "Cypress" wrote: > Hi, > > when an email is forwarded to my queue i get 2 mails. 1 is the original mail > and the other is a forwarded mail from my queue to my queue and no body text > from the original mail. > > Why does this happen? > > Thanx Hello, In CRM 3.0, an e-mail is r...

Is it possible to get text values in a pivot table?
From this: ROW COL VAL A HD1 X B HD2 Y B HD1 Z C HD3 J A HD3 Z B HD3 R C HD1 S Get this? Var of VAL COL ROW HD1 HD2 HD3 A X Z B Z Y R C S J (If 2 rows go to same cell, would need to get maximum or first). Not with Pivot Table Let you A, B C data be A1:A7, the HDn data in B1:B7 and the other data in C1:C7 In some convenient place (I use A11) enter =A1&B1 and copy down the column (you could put this in another sheet or in a hidden column) Make the heading HD1, HD2 - I did this in F1:H1 and the row ...

SQL Server Ranking: Count Consecutive Values / Reset
Dear All, I have the following set of query results, the last column being derived using ROW_NUMBER and partitioned by TradDate, Account, PLInd using an OrderBy subclause in the OVER determined on EntryTime. The values for TradeNum are roughly correct except that I would want to calculate consecutive Winners and Losers only i.e. in my example the second subset of "Winners" would start counting at 1, 2 rather than continue the previous subset value at 5,6 etc. Can anyone suggest where I am going wrong please? Ultimately I will be "max'ing" the TradeNum to g...

How to retreive deepest XPath value from XML using VB.NET
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C63D0B.9BCC4D30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, Does anyone know how to retreive deepest XPath value from XML document = by using VB.NET? For example, if I had an XML file like this: <Root> <Customer> <Name>MyName</Name> </Customer> </Root> I would like to retreive "\Root\Customer\Name" out of it. Something = like: Dim xmlDoc As XMLDocument Dim strXPath As String =3D xmlDoc.GetXPa...

How to stop Pie Chart from using N/A# for values
Hello, I have 2 columns: Column 1 is customer name. Column 2 is sales for the period. If a customer had no sales for the period the sales column will either be N/A# or zero. When I plot in a pie chart, I only want to show customers who had sales for that period. Is there a way to only plot those customers with sales without having to change the range and sort every period? Customer Sales Cust1 $100 Cust2 0 Cust3 $50 Cust4 N/A The pie chart data labels show the customer regardless of sales and if I blank out the customer, the value data label s...

Return Range Based on Cell Value
This topic has been covered in varying degrees, but the problem is that I do not want to sum or count the range. I want the range itself returned as the value. For instance in A1 is 7. i.e. July In B1-B12 are dates 201101, 201102, etc. I need a formula that will count out the cells and return the range based on that value in A1. In this case it would return B1:B7. This of course would be nested in another formula. On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 17:18:20 -0700 (PDT), Pablo < > wrote: >This topic has been covered in varying degrees, but the problem is >that I do not want to sum or count the...

Combo box returning wrong value
I am having trouble with a combo box, which is filled by a query to that displays two fields (Fund # and Fund description). The fields are unbound and I am using VBA to store the unbound fields in a table. I am using an option box to determine which sequence to use to present the data (I use two different queries and store one of them in the row source of the combo box, depending on the option box value). This all works fine. The problem comes when an item is selected. I would like to store the values both the Fund # and the Fund value in my table with VBA. My VBA code in the co...

Passing Values between forms
I am trying to link to forms. I have a button on the main form (frmCompanies) that needs to open another form when a button is clicked. The new form that opens is frmScheduledActivities. When it open it needs to check to see if there is an existing record (scheduled activity) for the company and if there is no scheduled activity be set to add a new record. When the button is clicked on the main company form (on the on click event) this code runs: Private Sub cmdCallBack_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdCallBack_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String...

round buttons in Excel?
Hey all -- I am setting up a complicated Excel workbook with an opening menu page featuring buttons leading to specific areas of interest. That part I have down cold -- my question is, do buttons have to be rectangular? To fit with departmental preferences I'd like to create a series of oval buttons. Any suggestions? > That part I have down cold Great -- in that case, just use stuff from the Drawing toolbar instead of a button (eg: an oval and a text box grouped). HTH, Andy ...

Double cash receipt
I have an invoice (GP 7.5 windows) that had two cash receipts applied to it. We unapplied the incorrect one but it didn't fix the amount remaining. I went in and unapplied the correct one and it doubled the amount remaining so I went into RM20101 and set the curtrxam to the proper amount and then went back and applied the correct cash receipt to the invoice which then set the balance due to 0. Then I voided the incorrect cash receipt. Besides clearing the deposit is there anything else I need to do? Nothing was showing in RM 30201 and my aging looks right. TIA I have had ...

How about if next year W-2's could be printed on white paper?
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3f1ded5d-c4e9-4d4b-8f20-a22fa66ebd7f&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains ...

Null value
I want to check if there is no value return...how should I write this line of code? strPartNumber = Nz(DLookup("PartNumber", "Kanban", "PartNumber='" & Me. txtPartNumber & "'")) Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Yup..thanks for your help... Ofer Cohen wrote: >Try > >strPartNumber = Nz(DLookup("PartNumber", "Kanban", "PartNumber='" & Me. >txtPartNumber & "'"),0) ' Replacing Null with 0 >' Check for zero which mean no record was ...

Return Value from Form
I need to return a value from a form displayed modally. Many years ago, if I used VB classic, I could create a public method that took care of any arguments, displayed the form modally, and then returned appropriate return values. Something like this: Public Function GetValue(Args As Integer m_Args = Args m_Result = DefaultResult Show vbModal GetValue = m_Result End Function However, it appears Access VBA doesn't support this. For one thing, there's no Show method (and so it certainly can't have a modal argument). I like this approach because ...

graphing ordered non-numeric value
How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on the x-axis? Hi Mkchu, > How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very > Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on > the x-axis? Probably the easiest way is to give each of them a number (e.g. Failed = 0, Excellent = 6) and plot those. Then format the Y axis to show markers but no labels and use text boxes for the labels. Regards Stephen Bullen Microsoft MVP - Excel...

Selecting Maximum Values in a Query with joins to other tables
I'm having difficulty with a query and hope someone can help me out. Basically, I'm looking to select the maximum amounts from a table based on a column in one of the tables named StateID. It works fine when I do this: SELECT TOP (100) PERCENT dbo.Bids.StateID, MAX(DISTINCT dbo.Bids.Amount) AS Amount, dbo.States.StateName FROM dbo.Bids INNER JOIN dbo.States ON dbo.Bids.StateID = dbo.States.StateID GROUP BY dbo.Bids.StateID, dbo.States.StateName ORDER BY dbo.States.StateName However, when I start to join fields from other tables in...

Change double-sided 8x11 layout to 11x17 in Publisher
I e-mailed a newsletter and the printer uses InDesign. The fonts won't transfer. I want (4) 8x11 sheets to be layed out on an 11x17, double-sided. I don't have InDesign. The printer has asked me to change my layout to 11x17. Page 1 and 6 of the newsletter would be on one side, pages 2 and 5 would be on the other side of the 11x17. Karen Veit <Karen Veit@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I e-mailed a newsletter and the printer uses InDesign. The fonts won't > transfer. I want (4) 8x11 sheets to be layed out on an 11x17, > double-sided...

Look up values and place in spreadsheet
I have an excel workbook with two sheets. On Sheet2, in column A is employee name. In column B is comments about that employee. The employee's name could be repeated several times throughout the workbook. Sheet2 has 1000 rows with multiple employees on it. On Sheet1 I want to put all the comments that match Employee1 (which is in cell A1 on Sheet1). There will probably be 20 matches, so I want the comments to be in rows 2-21. Is this possible? Thanks in advance. Try this *array* formula in A2 of Sheet1: =INDEX(Sheet2!$B$1:$B$30,SMALL(IF(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$30=$A$1,ROW($A$1:$A$30))...

dates as minimum axis values
Excel versions prior to Excel 2007 allowed dates to be entered as minimum axis values for XY charts on the axis format scale menu. In Excel 2007 when I attempt to enter a date as a minimum value, i.e. attempting to enter 1-1-2007 with the Fixed radio button selected in Axis Options, the automatic value pops back up unchanged. I can successfuly enter a numeric value, but not a date. This requirement adds several extra steps - calculating a date value and typing the resulting number, then deleting the calculation - to what used to be a simple process. If anyone knows that the same cap...

Does batch recovery result in different transaction source values?
We have a situation that we can't explain. Here are the facts: 1. User posted a Receivings transaction batch comprised of 37 different receipt transactions. 2. In the G/L, transactions #1-32 have a ORTRXSRC value of 'RECVG00001854', a TRXSORCE of 'GLTRX00037046' and an ORGNTSRC of 'RECVG00001854'. 3. In the G/L, transactions #33-37 have an ORTRXSRC value of 'GLTRX037046', a TRXSORCE of 'GLTRX00037047', and an ORGNTSRC of 'GLTRX037046'. Note the slight difference (one less zero) in the TRXSORCE and ORGNTSRC values compared to transacti...

Updating External Link Values.
Hi All, Im sure there is an easy solution to this but im banging my head against a brick wall here! I have a cell which changes each week to reflect the week number "Week 26" etc. I have an external link to another workbook in the format: =IF(F5=0,0,'H:\Desktop\Apps\[Bus Week 25 Stats.xls]Week'!F$5) Basically I just want to be able to get that "Week 25" to change. To check the value in F1 (which has the Formula which creates "Week 26") to: =IF(F5=0,0,'H:\Desktop\Apps\[Bus Week 26 Stats.xls]Week'!F$5). Sounds easy huh! Im stuck! Help! :eek...

Reference to next record within a group
I am trying to set up a summary query to identify how many total days a patient has gone without any medication. The following are the data that I start with. Member # Fill Date Days Supply Next Med Date 940183753-02 1/11/2007 30 2/10/2007 940183753-02 2/7/2007 30 3/9/2007 940183753-02 2/8/2007 28 3/8/2007 940183753-02 2/11/2007 90 5/12/2007 940183753-02 5/2/2007 90 7/31/2007 940183753-02 5/2/2007 90 7/31/2007 940183753-02 7/12/2007 30 8/11/2007 940183753-02 9/19/2007 30 10/19/2007 940183753-02 9/19/2007 30 10/19/2007 This particular mbr was on multiple meds for a specific di...

Changing format of number without changing the value
How do I add the % sign to a existing number without changing the value? Example: 1.68 should show 1.68% not 168? Select the cell & press Ctrl-1 Navigate to the Number tab Select Custom in the left hand panel In the Type edit box enter 0.00"%" Click on OK "sweetsue516" wrote: > How do I add the % sign to a existing number without changing the value? > Example: 1.68 should show 1.68% not 168? Sue, Percentage-formatted cells are based on 1 for 100%. It's only when you key in the percentage that it's converted, for example you key 1.68%, and it...

Rounding for order size
I'm doing a forecast using some formulas. I want the result to take in consideration the minimun order size. For example if my forecast is 38 I want the result to be expressed as 48 which is the minimun package size. The same for example if forecast is 500 I want it to show 480 or 528 which are the actual amounts that I can request. How can I do this? FA Hi! So, what you want to do is round to the nearest multiple of 48? =ROUND(A1/48,0)*48 Biff "FA" <FA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6E4BD59-5B85-487E-98B7-96E568FB1E44@microsoft.com......

double entries in tasks and reminders
every time i enter a 1 task it displays 2 identical tasks. also when a reminder from my calaneder dispays it displays it twice. If i click on one to snooze of delete both identical entries disappear. does anyone have any idea why this might be happening and suggestions at getting rid of the problem. any help would be appreciated. thanks. outlook 2007 windows vista home premium -- paul I am new to the forum and found this post by searching google. I am having the same issue. It seems to have just started a couple of weeks ago and I've been using it for the last 8 months or so. ...