document printing problems

Having problems with printing worksheet
Have set up to print on a xerox printer with a picture in the header and the
data populated by links into the correct cells.  prints perfect on the xerox
printer.
The moment I change to another printer the whole layout changes both in
print preview and when printed out despite all paper and page settings being
identical.
Changes both the picture size and the cell layout.
0
Maudib (1)

Print Preview Close
Hi I have a report which when closed runs an update query. The user will not be able to reprint jobs (in bulk) when this query has been run. So I would like to have a prompt in the report Print Preview on the close event which asks if the user has printed the jobs with vbYesNO, then if they click No then they are returned to the print preview and the report does not close. If they click yes then the query is run. I am struggling with stopping the report closing when the vbNo is clicked. Any thoughts or pointers appreciated Report_Close is too late. Use Report_Unload instead. If you wa...

Importing Scanned Document
I'M TRYING TO IMPORT A SCANNED DOCUMENT INTO MICROSOFT EXCEL AND CAN'T. I'M USING HP LASERJET ALL IN ONE AND WINDOWS XP. CAN SOMEONE GUIDE ME IF THIS CAN BE DONE. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Your best bet is to use the Scanner's OCR feature to scan to a Text(*.txt) file then open that in Excel and let the Text to Columns Wizard do the work. I have an HP Scanjet 4300C and the HP OCR does not too bad a job with most font types when scanning. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 21:20:33 -0600, lyman <lyman.z4nvm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrot...

problem with csv
HI When I have my regional settings at Canada (French) and I open a CSV file it does not See the commas as column separators So when you open your document it is all in one cell But if I set myself to English (Canada) it opens like it should at each comma it’s a new column Does any know how to fix this please help? Angelo Presumably you want to have the settings at Canada (French)? If you can't find a way to change the default list separator, then you could always use Data | Text-to-columns with comma as the separator and parse your file into columns that way. Hope this helps. ...

Data Entry Form and Subform problems
Hi, I have a form and subform that I am trying to use for data entry. However, it's not working out as planned. I have two tables: tblAccount [AccountID] (PK) [DefaultAddressID] ....more fields tblAddress [AccountID] (Combined PK) [AddressID] (Combined PK) .... more fields tblAccount holds Account records including the default address to be used in all transactions, although an account can have more than one address. tblAddress holds all the addresses for all accounts with a combined primary key of AccountID and AddressID. tblAccount.AccountID is an autonumber field. tblDefaultAddre...

after XP-SP2 problems with Outlook Web Access
After XP-SP2 Outlook Web Access reacts strange: If I trie to answer to an email the answer windows (form) hasn't any text field. I already added the Web-Site to trusted sites - but nothing changed. Any ideas? Resetted all the Internet Explorer options and Zone Settings, Cleared the Temporary Internet Files, etc already? If so state your version of OWA and ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange not Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service...

Problem with public folders #2
I move mailbox and public folder from an old server (Win2K/Exchnage 2K) to new server (Win2K/Exchange 2K). I follow the instructions on the KB 307917, for public folder replication. Accindentally, I uninstal Exchange 2000 on the old server before to remove public folders replicas on the new exchange server. Outlook client can work on the public folders of new server, but I can not work with public folder (to remove public folders replicas) with Exchange System Manager (ESM). I Want to use folder proprierties to remove replica from old server. I can not see the public folder on the root publi...

Outlook 2003 hangs when saving an Office document opened as an attachment
Hello, When a user opens a office document attachment from an email in outlook 2003, they are immediately able to see and edit this document. There seems to be an issue, however, when the user goes to File > Save As.... in word, excel, or whichever office product is in use. Outlook saves its temporary files to the temporary internet files folder on the local (c:) drive. It takes approximately 60 seconds for the dialog box to populate so the user can change the folder where they would like the document to be saved. This was an upgrade install from Office 2000. Does anyone know of anythin...

IMAP reply
I am using Outlook 2003 with IMAP. Whenever I send a reply to an email that I have read (not bolded) Outlook changes that email to unread (and makes it bold). I've searched the 'Net but have yet to find anyone else describing this same problem. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Steve ...

Reports print wider than page
How can I get the reports to print on one page? even when I select landscape, it still goes over the border. I'd like to be able to print on portrait orienation; there's an aweful lot of wasted space in landscape mode. I'm running 2001 standard. Thanks! Most of the report customizations let you pick narrower formats. You can also pick a narrower font like Arial Narrow. "Greg Watson" <watsonsg@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:100101c37241$faeea390$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can I get the reports to print on one page? even when > I select landscape, ...

Can't Print Money 2004 Report
Can some kind soul please tell me how to print a year end report on Money 2004, listing All transactions by payees and all deposits. Thanks Ray In microsoft.public.money, R wrote: >Can some kind soul please tell me how to print a year end report on Money >2004, listing All transactions by payees and all deposits. I would start with the Account Transactions report. Customize, checking each tab for your preferences. In particular, on the Rows&Columns tab, I would select to SubtotalBy:Payee. Set the Date to Previous Year. You can sort by clicking column headings. To print, right-...

gridlines from excel worksheet not appearing in print?
im trying to make outlook print gridlines. i copy a piece of an excel worksheet into an outlook email. the gridlines appear ok. but when i go to print- they dont appear on the preview or the print out. also when i paste the same clipboard contents into wordpad and select print preview, the gridlines work! the only way i can figure how to get the gridlines to work in outlook is to paste special and select "microsoft excel worksheet". but the people here are pedantic, and want to be able to just paste the worksheet, and for it to have the gridlines visible on the print. (like...

Outlook attachment problem #2
Dear All, I have a client who received an email from her client with attachments. At the end of the email a line written in Italic like the following: (See Attached file: 000_TG_Koh Chang.pdf)(See attached file:000_TGTrang.pdf) However, there is no way you can download, view, or save the attachments. The strange thing is when you forward the email. You will see the attachments show on under the subject line. When you double click it, you can see the attachments as usual. Why cannot see the attachment at the first time? Why it shows when forwarding? Many thanks Regards, Andrew Lau ...

Printing Mailing Labels
My Application creates labels used to id products to be shipped to customers. It works very nicely, except when a customer's name is exceptionally long and when combined with other required info on the line, forces the text to wrap which then caused everything to get out of sych. I can't limit the length of text at the input stage, this data is used through out the application and is needed in its entirety. I have two thoughts. First, I thought there must be a way to get the system to truncate the last (right most) field, rather than wrap. Second, although this is probably ...

printing account register
Is it possible to print a portion of the account register? I want to print the register between certian dates, such as the current year, but I can't find the command to do that. Can anyone help? I thought I had been able to print this way in the past. Thanks. Reports|Income and Expenses|Account Transaction Report|Customize??? (I think that's the path, anyway.) "sbrown" <scbrown4@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:069101c37227$dc64cb30$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to print a portion of the account > register? I want to print the register between cer...

Money problems
My copy of "money" was upgraded to 2005 Delux edition in 2005. Las year I purchased the 2007 edition whioch stated that "data on previous editions would automatically be converted: but attempts then .and again now result in a message to the effect that it could not install data from pevious editions. Due to lack of capacity on my old computer I have purchase a new one and as I no longer have the 2005 installation disk I intended to add the old hard drive on the new machine. Unfortunately the New machine runs on "vista" and is incompatable with the XP system....

contacts w/wrong names problem
I have a user whos contacts look really jumbled in spots. His contacts "disapear". Upon further investigation (he has 4000+ contacts) other peoples names are being put on other contacts. So bryan smith will appear twice, and john carpenter is missing, however, johns info just has brians name on it. How is this possible? Import gone wrong? Data corruption? He is "missing" several contacts, which I suspect are the same issue. Please post a coherent question that includes accurate and specific details others could understand. Include versions and precise steps t...

How to organize my document folders in alphabetical order
My document folders were in alphabetical order which is the way I want them. Without my help, My Microsoft Publisher system changed the locations of my folders to a dated system. I want to change it back to alphabetical order, but don't know how. Please help. haywardcan wrote: > My document folders were in alphabetical order which is the way I > want them. Without my help, My Microsoft Publisher system changed the > locations of my folders to a dated system. I want to change it back > to alphabetical order, but don't know how. Please help. =========================...

Problem with Office installation
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed the trial version of office and then upgraded to the full version, downloading it online. It installs fine, but when I try to run any of the office programs, I get a message that says: "A problem has been detected with the Microsoft Office installation. Try running the Office Installer again to resolve the problem." I've reinstalled it at least 5 times now, and I still get the same message. I've uninstalled office and then installed it. I've restarted my computer. Nothing will make that ...

problems with outlook 2003 #2
When I open outlook2003 I get a bunch of errors. The reading pane give me the following error: "The item cannot be displayed in the Reading Pane. Open the item to read its contetents." When I open an email I get the following error: "Can't open this item. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again." I also received an error when it tried to open the reminders. It worked fine for a couple of days after installing it. Yesterday I had problems with it and rebooted and it worked fine afterward. Today I have rebooted and still have th...

Purchasing Invoice Entry Batch Posting Problem
I am using GP 9 with Service Pack 3 and am facing the above problem. The problem is that when we post Purchasing Batches of Purchasing Invoice Entry Origin, it stop at certain percentage (not same every time). After waiting for a long time when we close Progress window it neither gives any error nor sends the batch in Recovery and continue to show the batch in Purchasing Batches. We have done the following but no success. 1. Reconcile 2. Checklinks 3. Recreated SQL Process 4. Have tried suggestions in https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;859917 i.e. Tri...

problems with charts copied into Word 2000
using Excel 2000 SR1 & Word 2000 created a simple chart in excel, copied it, switched to word and did edit / paste special - link when the chart is viewed in word (and after i've resized it) the rhs of the chart is truncated (about 2cm - compared to how it looks in excel) - moving the legend etc didn't seem to make a difference i've not seen this problem before and couldn't find anything in google groups that helped (still can't cope with the new interface!). any ideas? Cheers JulieD ...

Great Plains Reports and Printing
We are printing our Great Plains Report to a High Speed Dot Matrix Line Printer. By default, the font and pitch are quite small, and if we try to increase the size on the control panel of the printer, it has no effect. My question is this, in order to get font sizes to come out larger on our Great Plains Reports, do we have to change each individual field in the Report Designer? Does the Report Designer settings override whatever settings the printer may have? Thanks The font size for Text reports (especially when the size is set to Best Text Fit) is decided by the size of the repor...

Publisher 2003 printing
The system consists of Windows 2003 servers and Windows XP clients The following script is manually run via a batch file which is stored on a management server, the script is amended for server\printer name according to location. The Script: start /wait sc \\%ComputerName% start spooler rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ga /c\\% ComputerName% /n\\lsr002\MSA012-P1$ start /wait sc \\%ComputerName% stop spooler start /wait sc \\%ComputerName% start spooler All seemed to be working fine until we tried to print from Microsoft Publisher 2003 And we received this message: Publisher cannot ...

Problem with _bstr_t
Hi! I'm working with MFC 7.0 in VC++7.0. I have trouble with destruction of some _bstr_t when working with MSXMLDOM object. Here is my code, where I think I have memory leaks. Can anybody please help! - Kjetil. CString COPGXMLDomSupport::GetAttributeValue(CString strAttributeName) { _bstr_t bstrTmp = ""; _bstr_t bstrArg1 = strAttributeName.AllocSysString(); CString strRet = ""; IXMLDOMNamedNodeMapPtr spNodeMap; IXMLDOMNodePtr spTmpNode; try { m_spSelectedNode->get_attributes(&spNodeMap); spNodeMap->getNamedItem(bstrArg1.GetBSTR(),&spTmpNod...

Admin account Problem
Hi, I was contacted by someone outside of our domain saying that are receiving emails from postmaster on our domain. I searched emails sent from admin and it shows these emails. I am wondering how this could have happened? Is my server compromised? Is there a way to disable admin account to only send emails inside the domain only? Thanks what is the content of these emails? what version of Exchange? are you an open relay? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "roberto" <roberto@me.com> wrote in message news:OWxP7Ll3FHA.3540@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I was c...