Do when a time and date has elapsed

I have a problem that is driving me nuts.  In cell A1 I have a heading
of Time, and in B1 I have the heading Date. Column A2:A501 is
formatted in hh:mm and B2:B501 is formatted daddy - dd/mmm/yyyy.

I want to use a if statement to if the date in say row 3 and the time
in the same row has elapsed.

I can get the > today to work by using =if(b4>today(),"yes","no") but
this only gives me from midnight on the day in question, where I need
it from the date and time.

Thanks

Michael

"Michael" wrote:

> I have a problem that is driving me nuts.  In cell A1 I have a heading
> of Time, and in B1 I have the heading Date. Column A2:A501 is
> formatted in hh:mm and B2:B501 is formatted daddy - dd/mmm/yyyy.
>
> I want to use a if statement to if the date in say row 3 and the time
> in the same row has elapsed.
>
> I can get the > today to work by using =if(b4>today(),"yes","no") but
> this only gives me from midnight on the day in question, where I need
> it from the date and time.
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael

Michael

Is this what you need?
=IF(B13+A13>TODAY(),"yes","no")

regards
Peter
I think Peter means NOW(), and shouldn't elapsed be <?

=IF(B13+A13<NOW(),"yes","no")

--

HTH

RP

"PeterAtherton" <PeterAtherton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Michael" wrote:
>
> > I have a problem that is driving me nuts.  In cell A1 I have a heading
> > of Time, and in B1 I have the heading Date. Column A2:A501 is
> > formatted in hh:mm and B2:B501 is formatted daddy - dd/mmm/yyyy.
> >
> > I want to use a if statement to if the date in say row 3 and the time
> > in the same row has elapsed.
> >
> > I can get the > today to work by using =if(b4>today(),"yes","no") but
> > this only gives me from midnight on the day in question, where I need
> > it from the date and time.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Michael
> >
> Michael
>
> Is this what you need?
> =IF(B13+A13>TODAY(),"yes","no")
>
> regards
> Peter

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
4/24/2005 9:42:14 PM
On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:19:04 -0700, "PeterAtherton"
<PeterAtherton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>=IF(B13+A13>TODAY(),"yes","no")

Hi Peter

I tried the above formula but it did not work properly the day was
fine but not the time. I altered your formula slightly TODAY() has
been substituted for NOW(). This now works me thats.

Michael

Date Formatting when Concantenating

Show a date 30 days out
I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. Sold Date feild would be 1 Jan 07 so the feild would show 30 Days later 31 Jan 07. I did =[Sold date]+30 and it did not work Thanks how about dateadd: dateadd("d", 30, [Sold Date]) -- steve. "KAnoe" <KAnoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE9BDDAE-5C84-4A52-8185-DAB6C3167E7A@microsoft.com... >I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days > for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. > ...

Dates in fomula showing as whole number

Changing Text Box Size and Location on a form, at run time with Access Xp
Hello All, Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on a form at run time, by Drag and drop or resizing borders using the mouse events. (Just like the design mode but the user will use it at run time on form view). Thanks in advance... You should be able to resize in your code if necessary. Me.control.Visible = True Me.control.Height = 1000 Me.control.Width = 1000 Don't forget to set them back when you are done. "Developer" wrote: > Hello All, > Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on > a ...

Time performance Chart
Greetings. (help) I need to develop a chart that graphically depicts an employees start time and end time each day. This chart would be a bar chart. The bar chart would have days of the month along the bottom, and the side would start at 00:00 at the bottom and end at 24:00 at the top. I need to be able to enter an employees start time and end time and have it charted along the bar. So if the employee started at 07:00 and ended work at 18:00, the chart would show a colored bar that corresponds to the start time and the end time. Also, if an employee came back to work the chart would refl...

date/time formatting

Time Conversion
I need help in converting time. I am using data from a time clock which currently formats time as 1.5. When I input this data into a cell how can I have it formated to read 1 hour and 30 minutes (1:30) T.I.A. Ed What you could do in an adjacent row or column is format them as Time and then using a formula, divide the input time by 24(hours in a day). >-----Original Message----- >I need help in converting time. I am using data from a time clock which >currently formats time as 1.5. When I input this data into a cell how can I >have it formated to read 1 hour and 30 minut...

Sum Times
I have four fields on a form to show time. I want a seprate "Total" field to add the time between the first two fields and then add the time between the second two fields. Like this: In LunchOut LunchIn Out Total 6:00am 12:00pm 12:30pm 4:30pm 10 hours The first four fields are stored as medium times. Can someone let me know how to do this? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200707/1 "ladybug via AccessMonster.com&quo...

time formats #3
I have an Excel sheet with a long list of times spent on various projects. The times should all be in minutes and seconds. The first time reads 2:29 and I know that is accurate, for 2 min, 29 seconds. In the formula bar, it reads, 2:29:00 AM. Another...the cell displays 0:40 and I know that is right, for 40 seconds. But in the formula bar, I see 12:40:00 AM I want numbers, but apparently I am looking at times. I tried changing the format. When I check the format for 2:29, it comes up Custom and says it is hh:mm, not mm:ss. I tried changing it to mm:ss, but that changes the displa...

Winmail takes 4 minutes to load at boot time
Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes to load Win mail. I used the "event Viewer" to see what was happening. It showed ESENT with ID 102--start Win mail, then the next event is ESENT ID 103 4 minutes later--terminate Win mail. Anyone have a clue why it is taking Win mail so long to load? Win mail works fine after computer loads. Fred Dwight Fred wrote: > Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After > logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes ...

Taking a loooong time for new mailboxes to appear.
Hello, We have a tool which creates a batch of mailboxes, then logs into each one via MAPI to migrate old messages. Today we ran the tool and mailbox-enabled 300+ mailboxes in one go. Although the Exchange tabs were present and the SMTP address was filled out on each user in ADUC, the mailboxes didn't appear in ESM until about an hour later. How is that possible? Manually running RUS didn't help either. We've got one DC and a separate E2k3 server. Thanks, - Alan. Any RED errors in the event logs on that Exchange box during that time> "Alan" wrote: > Hello, ...

Calculating dates #3
Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) to take any date (mm/dd/yyyy) and turn it into that same month and day for specific year? For instance, turn... 10/12/2009 into 10/12/2010 and 4/6/1998 into 4/6/2010 I'm trying to determine anniversary date based on start date and do it starting in 2010. TIA -- Jordon Try this: =3DDATE(2010,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) Assuming your date is in A1. Hope this helps. Pete On Jan 5, 5:35=A0pm, Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) > to tak...

how do I format cells to change date and time to just date
I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it to show just the date and not the time. Going into format and clicking on the date and changing doesnt work. Probably the cells aren't really dates, but text. You can check with the ISTEXT() function. If they are text, formatting doesn't have any effect. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "bondam" <bondam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4D61EC1-30E2-4723-89E1-F47B545818EE@microsoft.com... >I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it t...

Counting the number of times more than 1 variable occurs
I need to determine how many Separations were processed by a particular salesperson. A | B 1 MIKE | SEPARATION 2 MIKE | LEAVE 3 SARA | SEPARATION 4 JOE | SEPARATION 5 JAMIE | LEAVE 6 MIKE | LEAVE 7 JOE | LEAVE 8 SARA | SEPARATION The only way I can think of is the COUNTIF Funtion *COUNTIF(-range,criteria-)* =COUNTIF(A1:A8,(A1:A8="MIKE")*(B1:B8="SEPARATION")) This does not work though. The results return 0 with no errors when the answer should be 1. does anyone else know of a wa...

Calculate age as of a date certain
Employee benefit enrollment requires the age of each employee as of a specific date, such as 1/1/2005. Given the date of birth, how would this be calculated? -- Joe S. Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm#Age -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0EC4F9E5-2E60-448A-A107-7B085BC764C5@microsoft.com... > Employee benefit enrollment requires the age of each employee as of a > specific date, such as 1/1/2005. Given the date of birth, how would this be > calculated? > -- > Joe ...

Conditional formatting a date range
If I have a column of dates that are manual entered what is the formula to conditionally format them based on a date range of three months before the current date to the current date and another three months after the current date to the current date? Assume the dates are in column A, starting with A1. Highlight all the dates, with A1 as the active cell, and click on Format | Conditional Formatting. In the dialogue box you should select Formula Is rather than Cell Value Is and then enter this formula: =3DAND(A1>=3DTODAY()-91,A1<=3DTODAY()) Click on the Format button and choose the ...

Date/Time stamp in Memo Field
Hi all..is it possible to programmatically insert Now() when text in a Memo field becomes edited? Thanks for all help! If it has to be entered directly in the memo field tetxbox: Private Sub MemoFieldName_AfterUpdate() If IsNull(Me.MemoFieldName.OldValue) Then Me.MemoFieldName = Now & " " & Me.MemoFieldName Else Me.MemoFieldName = Left(Me.MemoFieldName, Len(Me.MemoFieldName.OldValue)) & " " & Now & " " & Right(Me.MemoFieldName, Len(Me.MemoFieldName) - Len(Me. MemoFieldName.OldValue)) End If Me.Dirty = False End...

Add Actual End Date to Resolved Cases view
Hi We would like to add the actual end date to the Case General Tab or possibly to the Resolved Cases and/or My Resolved Cases view. I know that the Actual End Date is available on the Service Activity and Case Resolution but this field is not available for the Case. Any workaround for this? Thanks Mark ...

Run-time error 432
I'm getting a run-time error 432 when trying to open some areas of a VB program in excel. This program works on some machines and not others. We all have the same version of excel and our settings seem to be the same. Does anyone have any idea where I can start to look for the reason this is happening? Thanks Kevin After doing a search of Google, you may like to try this solution... Go to... http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/D/dao360.dll/03.60.8618.0/download.html download and install file.... Then go to RUN and type: Regsvr32C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Dao360.dll ...

due dates #5
thanks alot guys I have it working now this will save me a ton of scanning over dates with a visual que I have 8 pages with 6 rows of due dates on each pag -- canma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- canman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1459 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26223 Glad to hear that, canman ! Thanks for the feedback -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "canman" <canman.1czh20@excelforum-n...