Do Pivot Tables have an automatic data range expansion?

As I add new rows of data to my data base, my pivot table will not expand to
include them after refreshing.  Is there any way of setting the pivot table
to include the entire database regardless of its continuously growing size?
Right now, as I add a new row of data I must delete my old Pivot table and
create a new one from scratch.  Is this normal?
0
David.c.h (1)

You can use a dynamic range that grows/contracts with your data.

Debra Dalgleish explains it all at:
http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

--

Dave Peterson
0

PA Misc. Log Tables

visual basic

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Macro

macros entering data

item class table

find data and autopaste when found

basic pivot table group
I have looked at some basic Pivot Table tutorials, but I have a very basic question not answered by their examples. . . . I have data in a spreadsheet formatted like this, each row representing an event: Timestamp Process Message ID 11:23:45:123 processA message123 11:23:45:124 processB message123 11:23:45:136 processC message123 11:23:46:123 processA message456 11:23:47:123 processB message456 11:23:47:678 processC message456 Can a pivot table help me reformat the data like below? ...

Disappearing data in sync'd forms

Sum items in a lookup table.
I work for a bus company that has 240 different routes. I also have a table in Excel that lists monthly ridership for each route. I use it as a lookup table to get data for another report. The problem? There are 6 of the 240 routes that are served by more than one garage so they appear twice in the lookup table and I would like to get the sum of the ridership for that particular route from the table. Is this possible and if so how do I do it? I gather you're using a lookup function now to find the ridership from a given route. VLOOKUP will return (0 or) 1 value. If you use SU...

Calculating Subsets of Data
I have data for records that can span between 1 to 16 months.. I want to be able to calculate the average activity for the most recent six months in a query and be able to display that in a report. I can create the calculation in the query for the entire duration of months for each record but am stuck on how to have it choose only the most recent six months of data to do the calculation and understand that the six months may really only be between 1 to 6 months of data.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..My skill level is somewhere between meatball surgeon and ki...

Automatically open Detail Entry Window
In SOP Transcation Entry, I'd like the Sales Customer Detail Entry window to open automatically after the customer ID is selected. Is this possible? How would I go about doing this with Modifier or VBA? Extender would come in very handy. You don't need to write a single code. Record a macro using GP macro and embed it on the SOP Entry window using Extender. "Elaine" wrote: > In SOP Transcation Entry, I'd like the Sales Customer Detail Entry window to > open automatically after the customer ID is selected. Is this possible? How > would I go about doi...

CRM Error

Parameters to open SO Manager with your credentials automatically?
Does anyone know of either shortcut target line parameters that would cause you to automatically log in with a specific user/password combo; or even a command prompt parameter? Thanks! ...