Do any of the Grade book templates using Excel average grades?

I am interested in using the Office Templates to track grades for the
upcoming school year.  Does anyone know if it will average grades as I enter
them or do I have to average & enter them, using Office only for recording?
0
jhardin (3)

Are there any household budget templates available in Excel?
Are there any household budget templates available in Excel? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Do a search near the top for "Budget," and you should find a few of them. Looks like "Personal budget" is the most popular, followed by "Family monthly budget." (based on votes) HTH Dana DeLouis "nevinnh" <nevinnh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C0B084E-954F-4CAF-8ACB-AF33C6F3F097@microsoft.com... > Are there any household budget templates available in Excel? Go to microsoft template site, on the sear...

Migrating Data From ACT to CRM Using DMF?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has successfully migrated data from an ACT v6 database, to CRM 3? If so, could they supply some steps, or information on how they did it, plus if they ran into any problems! I've had a quick look at the DMF xls spreadsheets, and the wizards, which don't seem to complicated, however its importing the data from ACT to CDF using the Microsoft SQL Server Data Transformation Services (DTS) to populate the CDF that looks a bit complex. I think I read somewhere that you have to write some coding in sql to do this, correct? Also I've read some posts t...

GetOpenFileName + Using own dialog template
Hi. I have a question: I am using the GetOpenFileName function to display the Windows FileDialog. I want to use the EXPLORER functionality and therefore I declared the flag OFN_EXPLORER in the OPENNAME-structure. Now here is the problem: I want to use my own dialog-template instead of the standard-file-open dialog. So i wrote my own template and set the attribute templateName of the OPENNAME structur to my own template. Furthermore i activated the flag OFN_ENABLETEMPLATE. But when I call the GetOpenFileName function with these properties I get the errorcode CDERR_GENERALCODES and the dialog is...

Symbols in Excel 2007 Chart
Dear Group, Hello. I would like to use the greek mu symbol in an Excel 2007 histogram. I am able to convert the "m" into the proper "mu" symbol in the spreadsheet itself but this is not reflected in the resulting graphic. I need for my X axis label to be represented by the proper greek letter, not m. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thank you in advance. John McLaughlin In many fonts, holding Alt while typing 0181 on the numeric keypad produces �. This means you don't have to change the font for some of the characters in a text element (and many tex...

Continuous Form Use
I created a form similar to an Access form. It's for logging in phone calls and messages. Is there a way to set it up like in Access where a single form appears on 1 page but can generate subsequent pages within the file? Or is setting it up as a table the only way it can be done? Our IT contractor doesn't want me to use Access otherwise this would be a breeze. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. Thanks. You can spawn forms off a form, and access the data on that form. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ryjack" <ryjack@disc...

Comments using Validation input
A few days ago a question relating to comments grabbed my attention. The reply informed us that the comment in question was able to be seen by clicking the cell it was attached to and as long as that cell remained active the comment could be seen. So we have a comment which is not a comment visible only when the cell is selected as opposed to a comment which is visible when the cursor is over the cell. Sounds confusing but it achieves the result of showing a "floating" comment which remains in the same place on the screen even when it applies to a cell in a 'frozen' section a...

Receivable transactions using Integration Manager
Hi, I'm new to Integration manager and while trying to import receivable transactions of type "invoice" into Great Plains using Integration Manager, I receive the following errors: ERROR: Field 'Customer ID' does not have a default value. ERROR: Field 'Distribution.Distribution Account' does not have a default value. I am using a tab delimited text file for import. Customer Id is of the format 000001 Distr. Account is of the format 9999-999-99-99-99 Can anyone help me with this. Check each one of your mapping and make sure it says 'use source' an...

Using cell reference with logical operator in DGET expression
I am using DGET to search an array in the worksheet to find a particular percent to use in a calculation elsewhere in the spreadsheet. The row members of the array contain a series of from and to values that I use to identify which row has the percent I am looking for. I have defined the array as a range and I can use the logical operatirs with numeric values in the range criteria and everything works fine. For example, I can use <500 in the appropriate cell in range criteria to find the percent to use when the value for that column in the array is less than 500. All working f...

Excel 2000 tries to open unrecognizable file on startup
Hi, For the last couple of weeks, when I first open Excel I get a Microsoft Excel Error pop-up window that says "This file is not in a recognizable format....". I am uncertain what file it is trying to open, but when I click "cancel" it opens books1.xls. Which I usually ignore and go into "open file" and pick my excel file. Any idea what is going on? Win98 Excel 2000 -- Thanks - Jeff Jeff I suspect one of two things 1) Excel opens all files in it xlStart folder. Search for this and remove anything without an .xls, xlt extension 2) If you go to Tools&g...

I can to use SQL Analisys Services with Microsoft CRM ??
I can to use SQL Analisys Services with Microsoft CRM ?? Yes, but there aren't any provided objects for the database, you would need to build them yourself. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 12:49:02 -0800, "Carllos" <Carllos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I can to use SQL Analisys Services with Microsoft CRM ?? ...

"10th" on Excel
For the past few weeks, any time I enter the number "10", the Excel program automatically adds "th" making it "10th". This is also occuring on the Word program. I don't remember making any changes to either toolbar- HELP!!! I can think of one possibility, (and don't ask me how it may hav happened), but look in Tools - Autocorrect and see if you can find "10 shown as being replaced by "10th". My program once started replacin all lower case "p"s with upper case and I know it was nothing I did. If that isn't the problem, I ca...

combine multiple excel file in to one excel file and multiple worksheet
I am wanting to use the following code to combine worksheets from multiple files. However I would like to be able to select folder which contains files in a more automated way that having to change the code every time, and also copy all worksheets with links and formulas removed. Any help on this is greatly appreciated as I have limited code knowledge. Sub Copy_them() > Dim TargetWkbk As Workbook > Dim mrgWkbk As Workbook > Dim i As Long > Dim Wks As Worksheet > Dim fName As String > Application.ScreenUpdating = False > Set TargetWkbk ...

Automatic backup in excel with copy to hard drive and to cd-rw
How do I get Excel to either automatically backup to hard drive and cd-rw, or even when I hit save icon, go ahead and save to hard drive and cd-rw. I already have auto save setup but backup file goes to same hard drive folder as origianl copy. Kind of defeats the purpose of a system crash and wanting a copy on removable media. Thanks for your help! This Word macro auto-saves a copy to a floppy drive. You should be able to edit it to save to the hard drive and CDRW, too. You'll also change some stuff to make it an Excel macro: http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=203 *...

how i can change default file format Outlook uses to save message
I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ?????? Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages...

URL link is broken in Rich Edit Box if different language characters are used
Hi I have built an application using RichEdit20 class for displaying rich edit box. When I enter any URL (e.g http:\\dummy.com) it is highlighted and I can click the URL to open it. But if I introduce some other language characters in URL e.g. Japanese language characters then link is broken i.e. it is not highlighted. Example If I write http:\\dummy.com then this URL is highlighted properly but if I write http:\\dum$B%\%?%s$K(Bmy.com where $B%\%?%s$K(B are Japanese characters then link is broken after http:\\dum How do I get the whole URL highlighted in rich edit box even if I use cha...

Update blank/null fileds with value of previous row using update q

Why does Excel ask to save when no changes were made?
This does not pertain to a new document. I open an existing document just to look at it, and when I go to close it, Excel asks if I want to save the document. No changes were made, so it shouldn't have to be saved. It's annoying. Mike One explanation could be that there is a time formula in a cell that has updated on openeing so the worksheet will have changed. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. Occam''''s razor (Abbrev) &...

My excel file is too large (5 mb) when it shouldn't be, why?
I have an excel file has ballooned in size for some reason. I have tried to copy all the cells and then used "paste special" to paste just the values and the file size doesn't reduce. I am copying numbers from an investment website into my spreadsheet and there don't appear to be any issues with the pasted cells but I suspect it is causing the file size expansion and very slow performance. I then deleted all the cells around by spreadsheet and it didn't help at all. All suggestions as to how I can fix this problem appreciated. Kenview If you do a Ctl-End, does...

Excel & Word auto selection from menus
Ok, I'm a keyboarder, not a mouser. I use quick commands like the letter code or arrows on menus to speed along without the grab, aquire, click business. Excel & Word seem to be periodically (not always) automatically selecting menu items based on prior selections if I use arrow selectors. How do I turn this off? I get no help from "Help". Please reply to my e-mail address: legreenwood@hotmail.com. Thanks! Would love to get rid of this nuisance & keep speeding along. ...

External data query using MAX/SUM
I'm trying to create an external data link using Microsoft Query. Ho do I write SQL in Microsoft query that will return a max date and su an amount field for the max date only? Current SQL is as follows: SELECT DISTINCT CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME Max(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.POST_DATE), Sum(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.EXPOSURE_AMT) Count(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.NBR_AVG_MATY_YRS) FROM CB06U.CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO, CB06U.CB_PORTFOLIO_DM CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN WHERE CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_ID = CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.PORTFOLIO_ID GROUP BY CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME This returns the sum of the exp...

Creating Excel Invoice Template
I have been trying to customize a downloaded template but was frustrated so trying to create my own invoice. My question is once I input the formulas how do I keep/save them ???? when I enter the first calcualtions all is well, but if I go back and edit in the cell where the formula resides I lose the formula ??? I am a relative newbie to this so any help will be greatly appreciated. I have searched this site and cannot find a link to creating an invoice worksheet. Sasha ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions wit...

Sending Email in Excel
1.) I have a formula in a cell that when clicked, sends an email to recipients in the formula. I have pasted the formula below. What I want to do is put the date after the "End of Day: " part. However, when you click on the link, it gives the serial representation of the date if you use today(). Is there anyway to format so that is shows the date formatted correctly? In cell A1: =HYPERLINK(CONCATENATE("mailto:Person1@abc.com; Person2@abc.com?Subject=End of Day - ",A34,": Acc: ",AB1," for ","$",AA1," | Feats: ",'Enh Feats'...

List of fonts used in a Word doc -- the easy way
The VBA scripts that I have found all implement a character-by-character scan throu= gh the document, which can take a long time in later versions of Word. You can blame Wor= d's "formatting" feature for the slowdown. There=E2=80=99s a faster way: Save the document in .rtf format, then open the .rtf fi= le in a text editor such as notepad.exe. The fonts are listed in a font table ( {\fonttb= l ) located at the very beginning of the file. Each font entry looks something like thi= s: = {\f0\froman\fprq2\fcharset0 Times New Roman;} Any entries with a character set ...

Excel 2000: Regional date problem
We'e just upgraded from Excel 97 to 2000 and are having problems because dates in spreadsheets are showing in US (mm/dd/yy) format rather than in European (dd/mm/yy). This si true whether I use a standard date format or make a custom format. I've checked the regional settings in Windows 2000, and they are correct. I thought Excel picked up the default from here. Any other ideas where I might look? Thanks in advance Alan I wasn't able to duplicate your problem, Alan. I switched to UK settings through Regional Settings. Then I opened Excel 97 and entered =NOW() in two ce...

Percentage formula in Excel spreadsheet
Hi, In my spreadsheet cell E14 adds up E2 - E14 and cell C14 adds up C2 - C14. In G14 I have put a formula to show the difference between E14 and C14 as a Percentage ( formula for G14 is =SUM(E14-C14)/ABS(E14) ). When the Formula for G14 looks at E14 and C14 all it sees is a SUM formula to add up the column. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. Many thanks for looking. Rick Not sure I understand the problem; tell us what answer or error you ar getting. Also, don't you mean you are summing C2:C*13* in C14 and E2:E*13* i E14? Oh, and you can get rid of the Sum - this ...