Division help? #2

In MS Excel I would like to show a quotient in three separate columns such as
16/3 = 5 + 5 + 6.  Can this be done? Please let me know a.s.a.p.
0
clayblay (5)

I can't deduce the logic you are applying here. Can you post some more
examples of what you want to input and how you would like the output to
appear?

Pete

0
pashurst (2576)
1/13/2006 12:16:34 AM
If you put 16 in A1,
you can put this in B1:  =int(a1/3)
you can put this in C1:  =b1
you can put this in D1:  =a1-b1-c1

--

Dave Peterson
0

Dave Peterson wrote:

If you put 16 in A1,
you can put this in B1:  =int(a1/3)
you can put this in C1:  =b1
you can put this in D1:  =a1-b1-c1

"Pete" wrote:

> I can't deduce the logic you are applying here. Can you post some more
> examples of what you want to input and how you would like the output to
> appear?
>
> Pete

0
clayblay (5)
1/13/2006 1:07:01 PM
Thanks very much. This is excellent.  I guess I have to start thinking
"outside the box."  Please excuse the cliche.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> If you put 16 in A1,
> you can put this in B1:  =int(a1/3)
> you can put this in C1:  =b1
> you can put this in D1:  =a1-b1-c1
>

> clayblay wrote:
> >
> > In MS Excel I would like to show a quotient in three separate columns such as
> > 16/3 = 5 + 5 + 6.  Can this be done? Please let me know a.s.a.p.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
clayblay (5)
1/13/2006 1:07:02 PM
I've got a new question.  What is the formula for changing information in one
field on a worksheet and update that same informationin the appropriate field
on another worksheet?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> If you put 16 in A1,
> you can put this in B1:  =int(a1/3)
> you can put this in C1:  =b1
> you can put this in D1:  =a1-b1-c1
>

> clayblay wrote:
> >
> > In MS Excel I would like to show a quotient in three separate columns such as
> > 16/3 = 5 + 5 + 6.  Can this be done? Please let me know a.s.a.p.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
clayblay (5)
1/13/2006 1:12:03 PM
You can "pull" the information from one cell to another with a formula like:

=if('sheet1'!="","",'sheet1'!a1)

If you have a table of values and want to return a value from a cell on the same
row, you could use =vlookup() or =index(match()).

You may want to read Debra Dalgleish's notes:
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html  (for =vlookup())
and
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html  (for =index(match()))

--

Dave Peterson
0

Question #2
Hey I have a pretty complicated question, it's probably easy for wel versed users, but I'm not sure what the cleanest way to do this is Here's what I'm doing. I'm taking a column of numbers, then in th column next to it I want to do the following =(B2/(AVERAGE(B2:B29))*75 I've figured it out to that point, but rather than adjusting each o the other cells when I use the format painter to find this value in th column, I'd like to just be able to format them all the same and hav them all find their value I hope this explains what I'm trying to do well enough,...

Please help with syntax Object - Range
An easy question for you, I presume. I always get a error message claiming "object missing" and/or "error in range class " etc. when I try to pastespecial. What bloody object is missing??? Is it about something that pastespecial can be a worksheet object OR a range object? I do not understand that exactly. I have tried using "With selection ..PasteSpecial End With approach also with same errors. Any sitting on a clarification that even I understand? You see the code below. Brief: I have something in the clipboard I want to store it on sheet200.Range("BB100&qu...

Get the max value of a column given the current date (this is hard!!!) #2
It's nice that it was able to recognize its reason code and its ma value for the date located at B2, but what if the date at a1 wa changed, let's say the value of a1 is 11/2/04? How can it locate the column of the current date located at a1? an find its max value and its reason code? the value of a1 is the current date. I hope that you can still help me with this one, thanks! Grac -- Shadow_Otix ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Shadow_Otixz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1597 View this thread: ...

2/4 rounded corners?
I wan to create boxes (both text and image) that have the top right and bottom left corners rounded; retaining sharp corners on the top left and bottom right. Can this be done in Publisher? Autoshapes, create a rounded box, copy/paste special as a .wmf. Select the image, Arrange, ungroup, yes, ungroup again, edit points, hold down control, delete the corner points, adjust your lines. You cannot do this with a text box, but you can use your new creation as a border for a text box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &q...

formula help #34
cell J2 has starting balance of 500,000 cell J3 has running sum from column D column D has both positive and negative entries The running sum in cell J3 is 25% of total entries in column D I need to subtract cell J3 from cell J2 but when I enter too many negative numbers the initial amount goes past 500,000 in J2. How do I keep cell J2 from going past the initial 500,000? Excel 97 SR-1 Thanks, Steve T If you're saying you don't want it to SHOW less than 500,000, then you could use something like: =IF(MYFORMULA<500,000,500,000,MYFORMULA) If you want to be ALERTED when it's ...

creating drop down menus #2
Still relatively new at REALLY using excel. I would like to ideally create a drop down menu containing several choices, and then based on that highlighted selaection, more selections are displayed in another drop down menu. For example, the drop down menu would first list several systems (systemA, systemB, and systemC). If systemA is highlighted by the user, then another menu pops up for them to select more choices from. Same with systemB and systemC. Kinda like a "cascading" menu effect. How do I do this? Please help!!! I have a workbook that does this for any number of link...

help me pls!
I want correct my duplicate data: UniCode Expense subcode code 11011011266 5000 7 11011011269 11011012160 15000 1 11011012160 15000 1 11011012261 0 4 1- by checking "unicode" for duplicate data, 2- by sum "Expense" if "subcode" or "code" are equal ...

Help undoing virus damage
About a week ago I had the "Vista Antivirus 2010" virus on my computer. I was able to get rid of it pretty quickly with AVG, but since then I have been having an annoying (but not debilitating) problem. The Vista Antivirus 2010 appears on your computer pretending to be a new program downloaded through vista updates, and lets you know that you have viruses on your computer. Its main purpose is a financial scam: to remove the viruses you need to pay for the "full version" of the program. To stop you from being able to remove it easily, it makes it so that wheneve...

Contract Relationships #2
Hi, I am trying to create various many-to-many relationships to the Contract entity. One example is linking Contracts and Contacts via an intermediate custom entity called Contract Contact. A Contract can have many Contract Contacts and a Contact can have many Contract Contacts, so this should achieve the many-to-many relationship required. However, when I create my new Contract Contact entity and create a relationship to both Contract and Contact entities I encounter some problems: Firstly, I cannot create a new Contract Contact from a Contract, I don't get the new button, but I can ...

Help #8
Every number I enter into a cell is automatically divided by 10. Example- If I enter 100 and hit enter, 10 shows up in the cell. Tools/Options/Edit, Uncheck the Fixed Decimal checkbox. In article <014b01c38a2e$5ea44b20$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "Brian" <brian.mcginty@tycohealthcare.com> wrote: > Every number I enter into a cell is automatically divided > by 10. Example- If I enter 100 and hit enter, 10 shows up > in the cell. > ...

make 2 cell in once
in cell a1 john in cell b1 smith, i want to have in cell c1 both names how do i make it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In C1 type =A1 & " " & B1 or =B1 & ", " & A1 depending on what you want your names to look like however, this is now a formula, if you delete column A or B you will have a problem so you then need to select column C copy it, choose edit / paste special - select values and click OK Regards JulieD "yoem >" <<yoem.1ah3xc@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:yoem.1ah3xc@excelforum-nospam.com.....

unwanted border appear on 2 sides of inserted pictures
When I insert a picture in MS Word 2007 or PowerPoint 2007, save and close the file. When I re-open the file a border apear on the top and left of the picture. It only happens once you have closed the application and re-opend it. Please help. I have the same problem. Have you been able to fix it? Yes - I have the solution !!! Right click on the picture. Then go to "Format Picture..." Then choose "3-D format". In that folder make sure that the depth and the contour color is white. If it still doesn't work use the crop tool. Left click on the image, that you will...

recovering emails #2
I had to reinstall outlook express and I can't see my old emails, folders, contacts. Can I recover these items? "mark" <mark@srta.net> wrote in message news:027801c3af91$6801c110$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I had to reinstall outlook express and I can't see my old > emails, folders, contacts. Can I recover these items? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.publ...

Pie Chart Data Labels #2
Is there a way to add more information to a pie chart data label other than manually edit, as this disables the link to source aspect. Yes, You might want to check out these resources: John Walkenbach's Chart Labeler: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm Rob Bobey's Chart Labeler: http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm A VBA routine to add custom labels: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/add_text_range_as_chart_labels/ Finally, you can select the individual data label by clicking on it until it looks like there is a box around it. Go to the Sta...

Can the MSDN version of CRM 1.2 be converted to a production system without losing any data?
I have the MSDN version of CRM. If I install it and configure a pilot system, can I later convert it to a full licensed system without losing any data? Does it require a new installation or just change the Company Name and License Key? Bill Walter Bill, You would need to migrate the data to the new install. The AD objects & DB Names are tied to the Org Name so you can't change them once they're installed. You're best bet would probably be to use the DMF to load the data to the new install. BTW, I believe, technically, that using the MSDN license for a Pilot is not allow...

dual screens #2

Drop List help
Is it possible to create a drop list of all the states that allows you to pick which state you want to enter? I will be using it with the wage entry page I have been working on just to enter in the state that I will be working in Is this for a userform or an embedded object on a worksheet? If it is for an embedded object on a worksheet... here is one scenario. List all the states in a far off column (ie - Column IV) In the cell you want to pick a state select DATA | VALIDATION | ALLOW:= "LIST" | SOURCE:= Range IV1: IV50... This is just an example, but it might get you starte...

Run reports on 2 different msde db's
We have 2 stores. 1 has 2 pos stations with a store ops server running the msde db. The other has just 1 pos/server combo which has a local copy of the msde db. They both sync with our HQ server via the Hq Client. What we want to do is run reports for both msde db's from the 1 store ops server. I can connect to the second msde db from the store ops server using the store ops administrator, connect option. When I run reports via the manager, the reports are based on the local msde. I can go into store ops administrator, configuration and change the Primary database Server. ...

Transfers between accounts #2
I am having a problem with transferring money between accounts at different banks, when I transfer money between accounts at my primary bank (BOA) the transaction shows up at the same time in each account, money in money out on the same day, however when I transfer to accounts at other institutions (or pay a credit card) there is a lag between the time the money leaves BOA and when it shows up somewhere else, usually about 1-3 days. This causes problems when I download statements from both places, if I mark the money leaving BOA as a transfer to the other account then the money is added to tha...

Printing Calander 2 days on 1 page
How do I print a calander so it views two days on one page? I can get it to do 1 day on 2 pages, but not vice versa. Thanks, Carol ...

Help needed in BCP and Bulk Insert
We are planning to remove MASSIVE load data from a table and thinking of doing this. 1. Use BCP to move out data to files of ~equal size. Say one weeks data or one months data into a file or something which based on data size we might want to test and decide. [No idea how to do it though!] 2. Truncate the source tbl and drop all indexes 3. Use Bulk Insert to upload the data base with batchsize (10K or 'N'K based on test) 4. Try using TABLOCK hint with Bulklogged recovery mode I can't produce the schema of our original tbl and show sample data so here is a s...

Date #2
i would like to be able to automatically put the current date in the cell only when something is entered into another cell, but I when I go back to the worksheet I don't want that date to update to the current date I just want it to show the date that the information was entered. right click on the tab name of the sheet (say sheet1). click on view-code. When the VBE opens, enter the following code: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$B$1" Then ' Range("A1") = Date ' only date Range("A1") ...

Friends, Help me create a digital signature please.
Hello friends! Can you please help me create a digital signature for all my mails? Thank you. Cheers! Salma J. Khan Not enough information to go on, but if you are trying to find a vendor that offers free personal certificates so you can do s/mime, then see: https://www.thawte.com/secure-email/personal-email-certificates/index.html "Salma J. Khan" <Salma J. Khan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F26FBBC-EC07-4DE7-949A-327B9061F352@microsoft.com... > Hello friends! > > Can you please help me create a digital signature for all my mails? > >...

Help with a checkbook register
I made a checkbook register in Excel and am wondering if there is a wa I can get the ending balance to show only on the last line that has check entered. The way it is now, the ending balance carries down t the end of the whole spreadsheet. The register works for me, but th balance thing is annoying. I don't know enough about the usage of Excel to know whether this is formula or what, let alone even begin to figure out how to search fo this information. Any help would be appreciated. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can use an IF statement to check to se...

Help Writing Reports for MS Access
Hi, I am struggling to generate reports via MS Access for a simple application I am trying to run. I have a table built that has four (4) fields with multiple records: Last Name, First Name, Date, and Currency What I would like to do is generate reports based upon the following criteria: Report based upon each user's contribution with a breakdown of each date. For example a user with the same LastName and FirstName may have made contributions to a fund on multiple dates, thus I would like to have a report generated for each user that has their respective dates and amounts displayed. A...