Division by zero in automated subtotals

What is the easiest way to division by zero errors that occur when using
automated subtotals to display averages?
0
Berkowitz (1)

Look for a count of numbers to be bigger than 0.

=IF(SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A10)=0,"",SUBTOTAL(1,A2:A10))

--

Dave Peterson
0

Averaging only the non-zero entries in a row?
Office Excel 2007 Is there a way to find the average of column of figures EXCLUDING any row that has a zero in it? I have a column of figures. Each row corresponds to a day, and each day a new row is added. Some rows have a zero value entered, while the others have a non-zero number. Finding the average of the entire row is, I know, easy. =AVERAGE(A1:A100), for example. However, is there an easy way to exclude cells within the A1:A100 range that have a zero, so that the I get the sum of the non-zero rows, divided by the number of rows with non-zero entries? Many thanks. Ken Isaacson...

insert zeros in front of cells already filled with data.
If there is data is a column of cells in Excel how do I insert/add additional data (000) in front of each cell? Two ways. If all cells should be the same length, like a check number or an account number, it's called "leading zeroes": http://www.officearticles.com/excel/show_leading_zeroes_in_microsoft_excel.htm If you just want to put 3 zeroes in front of other text, you can use another column to create a formula: ="000"&a1 will give you the contents of A1 preceded by 3 zeroes. ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Horizon" <...

eliminating zero-value rows
Greetings, A series of rows comprise a product list we are using (eg "Item X, Item Y, Item Z"). A column next to these products is used to designate the quantity of each item we will need for a particular job. So, we might put a "3" in the column next to Item X, or a "0" next to Item Y. I would like to then have a tab that lists all the materials we need for a job, and their quantities, without having the blank rows if the quantity is zero. Any ideas how to accomplish this? Thanks for your help. Cheers, Scot B. I'd keep all my data in place an...

zero in a range
hi i have a column of data coloum A 1 1 2 2 3 0 4 5 5 0 6 7 what i want to do is muliply them together ie a1*a2*a3*a4*a5*s6 this will return zero because of the zero vaues in A3 and A5 is it possible to ignore the zero values thanks kevin What about this? {=PRODUCT(IF(A1:A7=0,1,A1:A7))} this is a array formula, so you need to press Shift+Ctrl+Enter instead of just pressing Enter key. Keiji kevin carter wrote: > hi > i have a column of data > > coloum A > 1 ...

Subtotal percents in pivot table
I have a pivot table based on a list of data that has the following columns: Budget Category, Line Item, Budget, YTD Spent, Balance, and % Spent. Budget Category and Line Item are my row items. Sums of Budget, YTD Spent, Balance, and % Spent are my data items. The % Spent is correct for each line item but then those are all subtotaled which gives an inaccurate %. Here is what I am getting: Budget Category Line Item Budget YTD Spent Balance % Spent Personnel Jim $30,000 $2,000 $28,000 6.67% Bob ...

re: zeros appears as dashed
I have my setting checked to display zeros, but it still displays as a dash. I am new to Excel, but not spreadsheets, but I can't figure out why this is happening. Please help. Thanks. I think you have the cells formatted as Accounting. Change it to something else, and your zeroes will reappear... MRO "dee morland" <dmorland@sprintmail.com> wrote in message news:22ae01c37322$6cf7b040$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have my setting checked to display zeros, but it still > displays as a dash. I am new to Excel, but not > spreadsheets, but I can't figure out wh...

import null values as zeros in microsft query
I want to be able to add null values to total in a query column as zero or import nulls as zero so I can perfom calculations on them ...

help! making a worksheet more automated?
The main area of my worksheet looks like the following (hopefully, my formating carries through): Today Week Month Year Actual | Budget | Actual | Budget | Actual | Budget | Actual | Budget My raw data is placed in the far right of the worksheet and looks like: Budget for Each Day | Day1Actual | Day2Actual | Day3Actual ...... The "Actual" part of the worksheet are the day's results. For the Week, Month, and Year, the result is the accumulation of all the daily results up to tha...

How To Create a Visual Basic Automation Add-in for Excel Worksheet
Does anyone have any interest in calling QSRules/QSBridge routines from within Excel 2003 functions? (See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285337/) ...

=Countif (not zero)
Hello All, Using Excel XP. I have the following sample worksheet: A -------------------- 1 17 2 6 3 20 4 0 5 11 6 0 ----------------- 7 2 (=countif(A1:A6,"<15", ??? I want to count the values in A1:A6 if they are less than 15 but not counting any zero's. In A7 I would want the result to be 2. Any help writing the formula would be appreciated. Mike Try these: =COUNTIF(A1:A6,"<15")-COUNTIF(A1:A6,0) =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A6>0)*(A1:A6<15)) ...

Sum for Non Zero
I have a text box on a form called it_est_total. The control source right now is =[development]+[middle_apps]+[b2b]+ [data_warehouse]+[qa]+[other]+[prod_support_ba]+[prod_support]+[ivr_hours] This is fine if all text boxes have a number entered. I do not have the default set to 0 on all of these. They are all blank. I need to keep it this way. However, I want the text box it_est_total, to total even if all the fields are not entered. Can someone help with this code? Thank you. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com =Nz([development],0)+Nz([middle_apps],0)+Nz([b2b],0)+Nz...

Calculated field does not appear in subtotal
Ive added a calculated field to a pivot table to get a very basic percentage, one field divided by another. This works fine, however when i try adding a subtotal for one of the columns the calculated filed is missing. All of the other subtotals appear. (Indicated by ??? in below extract, this may not show up properly depending on tabs). Anybody come accross this before and can anyone help please? Dec Grand Total Plano Low High Plano SumLow Sum High Sum 712 1,405 69 11,112 22,617 1,057 34,786 20 19 10 157 286 159 602 2.81% 1.35% 14.49% ??? ??? ??? 1.73% 16 17 8 119 230 123 472 2.25%...

How does one copy subtotal rows?
How does one copy subtotal rows? -- Since my access to NNTP is limited, a copy of your reply to ALEXANDEReBARNEs@Yahoo.Com is especially appreciated. Alexander One usually selects the rows he wishes to copy, Then hits <F5>, Then, in the "GoTo" window clicks on "Special", Then, in the "GoToSpecial" window clicks on "VisibleCellsOnly", then <OK>. Now, right click in that selection and choose "Copy", Then navigate and paste to "wherever". -- HTH, RD ------------------------------------------------------------------...

range equal zero then "x"
If I wanted to check to see if all cells in a range are blank how would I do that. I want to put an "x" in the formula cell if all cells in the range are zero. thank you very much! Jeff =IF(COUNTBLANK(Range)=ROWS(Range),"x","not blank") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes; if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey "jzachar" <jzachar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE64CF49-BF03-4CE0-B4B5-98C52...

Add-on to Outlook on Exchange for *Client-side* automated forwards/redirects?
My company uses Outlook 2003 to connect to Exchange 2003. I wanted to setup rules to automatically forward/redirect my emails to an external email account so I can get emails on my phone. But the exchange servers are not configured to allow automatic forwards/redirects and it is not a setting they will change. Nor will they support modifying my mailbox to also deliver my emails to an external address. I am fine leaving my Outlook client running 24x7 to run rules, but all automated forward/redirect rules are forced to run as server-side and thus they don't get forwarded. Is there a way to ...

Automatic division by 1000 #2
I have Office 2000 installed on my PC. Whenever I write any number in a cell, it is automatically divided by 1000. I have checked the format/cells/number. Any idea how can i get back to normal working sheet? Khaliq -- siachen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ siachen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31446 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511341 Go to Tools>Options>Edit and uncheck the Fixed Decimal box -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from the email address...

Automated Numbering of Shapes
Good day, I am using Visio 2003 Professional. I am trying to automate the process of using numbered shapes. My issue relates to formatting the properties so that I can employ a specific format. As an example a process shape from the Flow Chart template has to have a corresponding document number in the format DEPT-PC-XXX-YY Where Dept = two letter designator such as OP for operations PC desingates a process but this is selected from a fixed drop down list in the properies dialog. WF, PC, PR WI, FORM XXX designates a specific number like 100 YY designates a sub numbering control num...

I need to always Round UP if greater than zero at all. HOW?
I am in office 2007 Access DB - I have quantities that are greater than Zero but the Round function will round down to 0, if the number is not over .5 - how do I get it to ALWAYS round UP to the next nearest whole number even if it's .00001? Try this -- IIF(Int([YourField])<[YourField], Int([YourField])+1 , [YourField]) -- Build a little, test a little. "RP" wrote: > I am in office 2007 Access DB - > I have quantities that are greater than Zero but the Round function will > round down to 0, if the number is not over .5 - how do I get it to ...

Zero to appear as blank
I have a VLOOKUP formula below. When the value is zero, I want the result to be blank. What do I do. =IF(A10="","",VLOOKUP(A10,detail,2)) Thnx Prakash..... =if(a10="","",if(vlookup(a10,detail,2)=0,"",vlookup(a10,detail,2))) Prakash wrote: > > I have a VLOOKUP formula below. When the value is zero, I want the result to be blank. What do I do. > > =IF(A10="","",VLOOKUP(A10,detail,2)) > > Thnx > Prakash..... -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com In addition to modifying your formula as Dave suggeste...

Query expression removing leading zeros
I have a database to keep track of part numbers that are 5 digits and a suffix that can be up to three digits. My table are set up with a format of 00000 for the 5 ditig part number. I have created reports that show the two fields concatenated as part number - suffix (ex: 00231-1, 00231-50) The problem I am having is the expression (Expr1: PartSuffixTbl!PartNumber & "-" & Suffix) is removing the leading zeros. The query shows the correct format for the partnumber field, but when the expression field shows, for my example shown, 231-1, 231-50. How do I keep the lea...

How to truncate the leading zeros
Hi! I have a text field like 000076534 in one of my tables. How do I get rid of the leading zeros. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Do you still want it to be a text field when done? MyTruncatedNumber = Format(Val([MyField]), "@") -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Jeremy Nelson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3e8301c47faa$b21b54c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I have a text field like 000076534 in one of my tables. > How do I get rid of the leading zeros. Any help will be > greatly appreciate...

how to close an application using automation
Hi I am writing an application using VB.NET and office 2003. I write some data into the Excel sheetand tehn close it but, I can still see teh excel.exe running in the task manager. .Please help me...:(( The code I am using is : Dim Excel As New Excel.ApplicationClass ' Get a new workbook Dim oBook As Excel._Workbook = CType (Excel.Workbooks.Add(oTemplate), Excel._Workbook) ..... .... oBook.SaveAs("c:\SearchResults.xls") Excel.ActiveWorkbook.Close(False) System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject (oBook) ' releases the workbook object oBoo...

OL 2000 should not autom send/receive on start
Hi, I found it in OL 2002 but not in OL 2000. How can I define, or better disable, that OL is trying to send/receive mails on starting and closing OL? And it should never automatically try every x minutes to do so. I found this option on OL2000 but my impression is, that OL is still polling the pop3 account for new mails. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks a lot Hans Tools->email accounts->send/receive settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail se...

How do I make ruler/grid in binary divisions rather than decimal?
With inches, the dimensional are usually specified as binary fractions: in 1/2th, 1/4th, 1/8th, etc. Visio seems to support only decimal divisions on grid and rulers. Any possibility to show them with binary divisions? any custom script? Found it: Change units to just "Inches" (instead of "Inches (decimal)"). Should not it be default for mechanical drawings with US units? "Alexander Grigoriev" <alegr@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:%232rJVlXYGHA.3832@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > With inches, the dimensional are usually specified as binary fract...

Have Excel recogize a decimal and 2 zeros
I am currently trying to format an Excel spreadsheet in order to import it into another program. I am creating formulas using "&" to combine data from different coloumns into one. However, one of the columns has numbers such as: 150.00, 150.01, 150.02, etc. Excel recognizes the decimal and the '01', '02' etc. however, it doesn't recognize the ".00" when it combines it in the formula. I've tried formating the column as text, and creating a formula that puts an apostrophe in front (however, that doesn't recognize the".00" eit...