Displaying Map data

Have created a map from data in Excel file, but need to
display data from (4) columns, and there are only (3)
display formats available

 - category shading
 - dot density
 - graduated symbol

Is there a solution I'm not aware of?

All help appreciated!
Sandi
0
anonymous (74722)

Can BP 4.0 contain "any" data from SQL?
Hello: SmartList Builder can pull most any data from the GL databases in SQL? Is it a fair statement to say that any SmartList favorite that is created in GP can be shown in a query in Business Portal 4.0? Or, is it more accurate to say "Not all data can be displayed in Business Portal 4.0 but customization to create entities can be done to bring in the data."? childofthe1980s childofthe1980s, Thanks for using the newsgroups. Your second statement below would probably be more correct. BP has entities that are created out of the box and map to certain tables. Not all ta...

Retrieving and displaying blob files
Hello, I have a database that stores bitmap images and HTML files inside a blob column. I need to display the bitmap in a PictureBox and the HTML in a CHTMLView object. I use CLongBinary to retrieve these files and I am able to write them to disk. However, I would prefer if I could go straight from the database to the controls without creating a temp file. Does anyone know if this is possible? Many thanks! Jos� Ramos ...

wprintf() could not display unicode chars which is > 255 to console?
Hi�� I encountered a problem about wprintf() to display unicode chars which is > 255 in my console app. I am sure I have defined _UNICODE in my VC6 Project Setting. I had a search with google and found that my question was some like the case: http://blog.kalmbachnet.de/?postid=23 . Is it true that there is some bugs in wprintf()? Thanks for your help. David I assume you are writting a c++ program. Can you give preference for ostream cout, wcout on printf/wprintf? use wcout like this:- wcout << L"How are you?" -- Vipin Aravind MVP "David" <David_Wa...

outlook 2003 mailto: display issue for UTF-8 chars (thru IE6)
Hi, How to display Chinese Chars correctly using mailto: in Outlook 2003? Same code: <a href=3D"mailto:bill shen?subject=3Dtesting&body=3D=E8=B0=83=E6=9F=A5">Se= nd mail</a><br / >. I tried setting the IE codepage to uft-8 or gb2312, see below htm page in IE6: <meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dgb2312" /= > And set my outlook 2003's outlook Mail Format->Interational Options- >Encoding Options->Preferred encoding for outgoing messages to Unicode(UTF-8) or Chinese Simplified(GB2312), and che...

Variable data range help
I'm looking to build a variable data range to help in some charting. I've tried a few forumla/text combos and have had no luck thus far. I'm wondering what is exceptable to use in the data range feild. Is the string I've tried. Basically I'm looking to create an open ended data range. Any help?? ='Chart Info'!$H$40:$I$"&COUNT(I:I)+39&",'Chart Info'!$M$40:$N$"&COUNT(I:I)+39 Thanks! Ryan -- low98 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ low98's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/membe...

predict future data

Summarising data #2
I think this is difficult! My source data is made up of two worksheets from two different dat sources. Worksheet1 looks like A B 1.ICT SUBSISTENCE 2.ICT TELEPHONES & FAX 3.ICT TRAINING EXPENSES 4.ICT WORKSHOP MATERIAL & TOOLS 5 0-12 NORTHAMPTON TEAMM APT&C BASIC 6 0-12 NORTHAMPTON TEAMM CATERING 7 0-12 NORTHAMPTON TEAMM CLEANING & DOMESTIC EQUIPMENT 8 0-12 NORTHAMPTON TEAMM EQUIPMENT PURCHASE 9 0-12 NORTHAM...

Formula for cross tab data filling

Access 2007 Outlook Data Collection
I need help resolving an Access/Outlook 2007 issue: I am trying to creat a data collection e-mail from my database in Access 2007. I am continually getting the following error message,"Microsoft Office Outlook could not ne started. make sure Outlook is intalled and properly set up on your computer." I have installed Outlook 2007 with the Office 2007 Professional Suite. As a side note, I have set up my Outlook account to work with my msn e-mail account. Does this matter? Am I missing Add-ins? -- Annie D You do need an Add-in : Microsoft Outlook Add in for Data Collection ...

How do I make a process map in Excel?
I want to draw a chart showing a full process map in Excel Please define what you mean byprocess map. There are many possible meanings "The Hard Worker" wrote: > I want to draw a chart showing a full process map in Excel Do you want to make a flow chart? That's done by drawing autoshapes (rectangles, etc.) and connecting them with the Connector autoshapes. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ The Hard Worker wrote: > I want to draw a chart showing a full process map ...

Organizing data #3
Thanks Dave, however i don't know if what you told me could work, i going to try to be more specific about mi problem, i used number earlier to make it simple but my worksheet looks more like this: ----A--------------B------------------C----- 17/02/03---------------------------------- -------------Concept A---------- $1,536- -------------Concept B---------- $537--- 20/03/02---------------------------------- -------------Concept A---------- $1,987- -------------Concept B---------- $2,372- 15/07/04---------------------------------- -------------Concept A---------- $456- -------------Conc...

Help with importing data

Outside Data Imported to Excel
I am tracking data that is currently being manually entered into Excel. I would like to automate this process. However, the web address that am getting the data from, requires you to type in an office number an then sends you to the corresponding web page. Is there a way for Exce to enter the office number, go to the web page and then pull off th corresponding data? Also, I know how to use Excel to obtain outside data if the outside we page does not change. Can Excel find the newest information added t the web page and then pull off only that data? I am looking to onl add the newest dat...

display column A
Column A & B are hid in a spreadsheet. All the normal ways will not unhide them. any suggestions? Are they grayed out? If so, chances are your worksheet is protectd, and you'll have to go to Tools | Protection | Unprotect Sheet If not, try press F5 Type A1:B1 in the prompt. Click okay Then go to Format | Sheet | Unhide tj "Rick" wrote: > Column A & B are hid in a spreadsheet. All the normal ways will not unhide > them. any suggestions? Should have been Format | Column | Unhide tj "tjtjjtjt" wrote: > Are they grayed out? If so, chances ar...

Form data entry
I have a form which employees enter data answering questions using a scoring system (0-3). The form has 5 sections. What i would for it to do is after they have complete sections 1 - 4 and begin to score section five is to limit their scoring entries base on the previous enteries. For example, section # 1 has a total of 6 questions, when all 6 questions are scored the section is then given an average score, lets say it is 2. When they begin to score section 5 i want this section be limited to 2 or less. Same as if the average is 1, then they would be limited to 1 or 0. Reason being, is...

How to reorder data points on a graph?
Hi, I need to anonymise data points on a graph (currently ordered alaphabetically) and I have done this by amending the name of each point at source. However, although the graph now shows the anonymised data in the axis, all the data points are effectively still in alaphabetical order so it is easy to work out who is who. I know it's possible to reorder data points in some instances onm the graph itself by clicking on the data point and going to Options>Reorder Series but this option doesn't appear to be selected for many of my graphs? Any help much appreciated! R Sort t...

owa 2003
We have installed owa on the front-end server and when people use, from outside, the basic owa, all french characters display ok, if they choose Premium, all the french character are gone and replaced by weird code. How can that be fix ? ...

Import data from one file to another
I have a daunting task of migrating data from old spreadsheets to a new style. These are attendance records. I'm doing this now by hand, but there's gotta be a way to automate it. Problem is, while I know Excel quite well, I don't know macros or VB at all. And the old data is presented very differently from the new. For example: An old spreadsheet is a simple list with four columns: Last Name, First Name, Shift, Date. The new spreadsheets are in a table format, and are much more advanced. There is a single column for Name, and there are 31 columns for days where ei...

Using Office Assistant to display MY message
Hello! Someone sent me a spreadsheet and when I click certain cells, the office assistant pops up with information specific to the spreadsheet...much like the text you would see in a comment box, although comments are not used in the spreadsheet. Very bazaar! I didn't know it was possible to have your own text display through the office assistant... How do you do it?????? Thanks!!! Brent Is it the Office Assistant or just a message that pops up? If so, it could be Data>Validation>InputMessage. With one of these cells selected go to Data>Validation and see what's...

import ASCII data
ASCII data typically have . separator for decimal. how to transform it into , separator? Kris, Either change the list separator character in your Windows Regional Settings (Control Panel), or use the Text Import Wizard. If the file name doesn't have the .txt extension, change it, and use File - Open. That will start the Text Import Wizard. Or import the data (Excel 2000 - up) with Data - Get external data. Same deal. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "kris" <kris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58C2D53F-9ED0-490A-82A6-894AFBDCC5D5@microsoft...

Data point location
I'd like to be able to determine the location of a data point relative to the chart object. My goal is to automate the drawing of a horizontal arrow between 2 series that form vertical lines on an XY scatter plot (similar to the dimension lines on an engineering drawing). Is this possible? I use the calculated X and Y positions of points in these examples to draw other features: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/VBAdraw.html The code is not so complicated that you couldn't see how to draw your own objects according to plotted point positions. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, ...

Reference / Copy Dynamic Data
Have a worksheet listing products and prices for numerous suppliers. eg.: Supplier--Product---Price ABC-------apple-----1.00 ABC-------orange----1.20 XYZ-------brick-----3.40 XYZ-------cement----0.80 This worksheet will change often. What I would like is to reference this information on other worksheets. I would also split the info onto a worksheet for each supplier. Therefore i will have a worksheet for ABC and for XYZ, and the info in these worksheets will change as the main "index" worksheet changes. eg. Worksheet ABC contains: Product---Price apple-----1.00 orange----1.20 ...

How do I find the Data Analysis Plus toolpak for excel
does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. opher32 - > does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. < Start by looking on the CD that was in the back of the textbook. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

How to filter listbox data in a form?
A Form contains Filter dropdown for Year selection and a list box. How to filter listbox data based on selected year. Any helps or thoughts could be appreciated. Advnaced Thanks ~Vins Check your other post. Vinod wrote: > > A Form contains Filter dropdown for Year selection and a list box. How to > filter listbox data based on selected year. > > Any helps or thoughts could be appreciated. > > Advnaced Thanks > ~Vins -- Dave Peterson ...

display custom child attribute in parent preview
i created a custom entity which is a child of the account entity. The account has a 1 to many relationship to the custom entity. Can I display an attribute for the current child record in the account entity preview form? Unfortunately not - the preview can only display data from the one entity You can get round the problem by duplicating data across the entities, it can be a pain to ensure changes are accurately reflected, but it can be done through code in callouts. However, you say the entity you want to display data from is a child of the account entity - this raises the issue that...