Displaying Excel row headers in embedded spreadhseet

I have an excel spreadsheet inserted into a Word
document. I want to have the row and column headers
displayed in the Word document but I can't seem to find a
way to do it.

Does anyone have any ideas

TIA

Bill
0
anonymous (74722)

which version of excel/office do you have?

i tried this on excel 2002.

when i take the mouse pointer to the left of the table (beyond th
boundary of the table), the pointer slants to right (usually it slant
left). at that point in time, i right clicked and inserted rows on to
of the topmost row. here i could provide headers for the columns.

is this what you are looking for

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm using Office 2003.

I am trying to find a way to do it through formatting but
creating dummy headers by inserting extra rows and
columns will work.

(beyond the
>boundary of the table), the pointer slants to right
(usually it slants
>left). at that point in time, i right clicked and
inserted rows on top
>of the topmost row. here i could provide headers for the
columns.

>is this what you are looking for?
>

>---
>
>.