display ratios as written in web query

I am using a web query to display data about screen
contrasts, all written with the formatting of "700:1"
or "3000:1"

It displays corectly in the edit web query window, but
everything I try to make it display as delivered fails. I
tried text, custom formats with @ etc, but it seems to
insist on doing the calculation before turning it back to
text, or as a ratio it does the division.

(The text formatting for this works OK if I type directly
into the spread sheet)

Is there a way to make a web query display as written?

Any help appreciated.

Keith

Change of recipient/sender display name
Hi All, Environment :- Windows 2003 x64 with exchange 2007 (All in one role) Outlook client :- 2003, 2007 We have created a list of mail contacts (which under GAL) in exchange 2007, these mail contacts are associates with external email address, each of contact has a naming standard for display name, for example, display name is HD Finance Manager, external email address is fin_manager@hdemea.com I want to configure outlook client to show the display name according to mail contacts whenever the email address is match to mail contacts list (GAL), for example, an email sent from the email a...

Build Dynamic Query from Form
I am trying to build a dynamic Query from a Form. I keep getting an error that reads ‘Object qryFilter already exists’ I suspect it has something to do with the string of dates being passed to the Query; strDateCondition = "([Trades].[TDATE] Between [Forms]![SearchForm]![cboFrom] And [Forms]![SearchForm]![cboTo])" I am trying to add a means for a user to Query by Customer and Trader AND all records between two dates. This was working fine for Customer and Trader; when I added in the code to filter by dates I started having problems. I know the SQL will be li...

Web upgraded money recover
I downloaded the 60 day trial of Money 2004 6 months ago. I then used the web upgrade to get the full license. My hard drive crashed this week. I have backups of all my money files. My problem is, how can I get a replacement of my web upgrade? I already paid once, is there someone I can call at MS to get a replacement license key, or do I have to purchase it again? Search postings for newsgroup microsoft.public.money using an advanced search at http://groups.google.com. You will find your answer there. And next year, please just go buy the CD like us other folk. "Ian" <ia...

FS: CHEAP Books
I am selling these books in a lot. I am not selling them individually. Total Number of books: 11 Total List Price Value: $476.98 Total Asking price: $50 Location: Houston, TX USA, but willing to ship via Media Mail. I take Paypal. Most of the books are in NEW or LIKE NEW condition. A small minority may have some shelfwear. There may be remainder marks. One book has a tear on the binding cover, but the binding is as tight as a drum. There is no highlighting or writing in any of the books. Please include the subject heading so that I will know which books your are interested in as I ...

Clip art works on first try from web then doens't.
Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search right after I open the program, after that I either get a bunch of picture symbols with the little globe in the corner or I get nothing. This clip art thing is really driving me crazy. Anybody know what is up? ridergroov <ridergroov1@comcast.net> was very recently heard to utter: > Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections > clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search > right after I ope...

XML as a database that can be written to
Has anyone had any luck using XML as a database that not only can be read, but also written to? What features are available in .NET to do this? I need to do all of this from a Web based application. Am I thinking File System Object? Thanks. mjc wrote: > Has anyone had any luck using XML as a database that not only can be read, > but also written to? That's doable, but you better use real database instead. XML wasn't meant to be used as a database, it's just a data format. -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP] http://blog.tkachenko.com Yes, it can be done and I think its an id...

please help with this query

web preview not same as publisher view
Reading past postings it appears others too are having serious problems with Web preview in both 2002 and 2003. I think the problem is that text handling within text boxes in normal Publisher view simply does not reflect that as seen in Web Preview (currently Explorer 6) On a totally blank (wide setting) webpage, using standard Times New Roman 12pont (no italic underline or bold) I typed six lines of Mary had a little lamb into a 3.85x3.029cm text box with all margins set to 00. I outlined the box with a 1/4pt line Whereas the text just fitted into the box in Publisher view, in Web ...

outlook web access 2003
web page downloads ok to my home 98SE based PC with 5.0 IE browser, but will not load ok with 6.0. The outlook web access program from work is on a 2000 Professional based server. thanks. all other webpages download ok but when i login to this remote email the page hangs up. try emptying the browser cache and if it's still a problem, repost in the owa newsgroup, http://communities2.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.exchange.clients -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for W...

Email will not send, generates error in web and Outlook versions
We cannot send email using CRM. All attempts generate a generic error message. The router installed fine, and the CRM server registry key for the server url (pointing to the new folder created with the 2 sfm (orwhatever) files is correct). This problem has been noted by several people. The Anyone who can help resolve this issue if you could post the reason why it fails, and how to fix it, that would be great :) I've only seen questions posed like "what does this registry key read) but no suggestion on causes or solutions. Are there some mysterious restrictions on web ...

How to display Total Item Quantity on receipt and Status bar
I would like to print a total Quantity of items purchased on receipt and the status bar. I found a way of displaying them but the problem is that we use tag along items for alcohol tax . This tax differs based on alcohol content and size, example a 6 pk of beer has $0.20 tax plus sales tax, a 750 Ml a bottle of wine has $0.116 tax . If i ring up a 6pk or beer this would show up as 2 lines(line one name and price for beer , line two alcohol tax tag along item) on POS screen and the Total items and total QTY count shows as 2 when in reality only 1 item was sold. This gets even more conf...

Update Query
Access 2003 XP SP2 I am having a problem with an update query. Table is in a one-to-one relationship, referentail integrity and cascading data are checked. (The fileds I want to update are not in both tables) Table name= payForward Has 15 fields ie: ID, Name, MemID, Oct , Nov, Dec, etc Oct-Sep fields are yes/no type I want to "select" a field (Oct-Sep) via a query parameter and repalce "yes" with "no". Here is my query: UPDATE payForward SET [Enter month]=No The messages I get is 'operation must use an updateable query' Wh...

Crosstab Query 04-06-07
I have a crosstab query that shows the products i sale with the number i have sold for each day. instead of showing the sales for each day i would like to show sales dor each months. How do i show it my month Thanks In query design view, enter this into a fresh column in the Field row: TheYear: Year([SaleDate]) Replace SaleDate with your actual field name. In the next column: TheMonth: Month([SaleDate]) You can now group on these fields instead of on each date. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html ...

Rounding actual results
Hi, I've got a grid that says: Hr Min Maths: 5 25 English: 7 25 And so on. I'm wanting to work out how much time is devoted to learning in the whole week. What I've got so far is: Hr Min Total learning time: =A1+A2... (counts up all totals in hours column) My current answer for hours is 18. I'm stuck with what to do with the minutes column. so far, I've got an ...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

Publishing on the Web
Hello there. My name is Michael and I'm having a challenge with Publishing my web page on the Web. Here is what is happening. I am currently using Yahoo Geocities and uploaded my web pages. I go to view the Index, my first page, and it comes up well (outside of the graphics that I have not uploaded yet). So I click on one of the links on the side bar and down on the lower left corner (where the 'done' is) I see the correct page listed, but the webpage blanks out. I look up at the address and it still shows the address of the 'index' page. If I go to the addr...

how to set up a query
I am using sql server 2005 express and have 3 tables Table1 Dept_Id (primary key) Dept_Name Table2 Employee_Id (primary key) Dept_Id (foreign key with table1) Employee_Name Table3 WorkSchedule_Id (primary key) Employee_Id (foreing key with table 2) Date_To_Work (date type) I want to list all the Departments (Dept_Name) that do not have anyone scheduled to work on a particular date (ie '1/20/2010' ) Any help would be appriciated. Thanks in advance, RABMissouri2010 Try this: SELECT dept_name FROM Table1 AS D WHERE NOT EXISTS(SELECT * ...

Excel comparative query
I'm respectfully requesting assistance with the correct formula to use for the following query: I'd searching all of column A on spreadsheet 1 to see if a value in column A of spreadsheet 2 is there, and placing a result X (or another) next to (adjacent cell) the confirmed value on spreadsheet 2. Please help if you can. Chris Hi Chris see your answer in puclic.excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Chris wrote: > I'm respectfully requesting assistance with the correct formula > to use for the following query: > > I'd searching all of column A on ...

Currency Format Lost in Union Query
Thanks to John Spencer, I resolved one problem in my union query (Thank you, John). But I have another problem. Some of my fields in my union query are currencies and others percents. I see both formats are lost. I am sure it is a union query problem, because when I ran an individual query, none of the formats were lost. Is there any way I can keep currency and percent formats without writing, FORMATCURRENCY, etc for each field? Thank you. What data types are these fields? The field in a UNION query will normally take on the data type of the field in the first SELECT. So, if ...

Displaying time from 00:00 to 0.00
I want to do the opposite to what I have seen on the forums and convert time back to decimals ( I work on aspreadsheet but it has been passworded so I can't crack it. :) I want to be able to write (van out) (Van back in)(Total Van time) 7.25 11.25 4.00 Can anyone help me please ( or a way to crack passwords):cool: -- North for Short ------------------------------------------------------------------------ North for Short's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22695 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthrea...

Ratio ??.
Y/N know is there a way to ratio rows or columns. What is this way? My unsuccessful attempts at circular referencing to 3 cells & down the 3 columns were not achievable. Goal/Example. What I attempting is to have a ladder against a wall the dimensions of the height and distance from the wall will always be proportional to Pythagoras law 3:4:5 in columns C:D:E, However they must be variable at the same time and then the result of said calc is to be able to be used in another cell for another calc? Hi, Lets assume you enter a number in c1 (say) 3. Put this formu...

Common uses for XML in an asp web application
I recently created an application that used an xml file to define 4 different groups used for my app, and within each of those groups are <item></item> tags to declare different values that were used to lookup values in a database. This worked pretty well to allow me to dynamically create navigation buttons to perform operations etc.. Now i am trying to think of other common uses for xml that would make my apps even more scalable. I think I could have used xml again in my app for this operation althought i did not because of time constraints: Once records were grabbed from the d...

Getting all Sproc through one query
Hi all, can anyone help in getting below information from all stored procedure from one DB we have 100 procedure in one DB of sql server 2005.instead if of manully getting info for each procedure i want all below details in one shot or one query Procedure Name : Input Parameter : Output Parameter : Called By : Calls : Dependent tables : Thanks in advance ...

need help with xpath query
In the following XML example I am trying to grab the element that contains the exchange rate (frbny:OBS_VALUE) using SelectSingleNode & an expath expression, but none of the ones I've tried seem to work. Any suggestions? (I'm using VB .Net 2003) Thanks, Scott Emick <?xml version="1.0"?><UtilityData xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.SDMX.org/resources/SDMXML/schemas/v1_0/message http://www.sdmx.org/data/SDMXMessage.xsd http://www.newyorkfed.org/xml/schemas/FX/utility http://www.newyorkfed.org/xml/schemas/FX_Utility.xsd" xmlns:generic="http://www.SDM...

print web page IE8 with W7 HP
I do not know why but all of a sudden I cannot print anymore web pages. All I get is a blank page. I had a chat session with Microsoft US, they tried to find the problem but failed. Any help? Remember all worked fine in the beginning. Could a new defrag software which I recently installed cause the problem? Regards, FALKO Hi FALKO, Not knowing the name of the 'defrag software' is of no help in answering your question. We would also need to know which Windows version, service pack level and IE version you are using. Yes. EVERYTHING works fine in the beginning, an...