Display page number in a cell

Is it possible to display the page numbering in a cell instead of
header/footer?
0
sbuddy (1)

This would require some codding to find the pagebreaks and enter a sequential
number in a cell above each page break.

Have a look at this thread.

http://snipurl.com/9ffk

Note David MCRitchie's links to Myrna Larson code.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:13:04 -0700, sbuddy <sbuddy@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Is it possible to display the page numbering in a cell instead of
>header/footer?

0
Gord

Can't display all text in cell
I'm trying to display text in a cell. I've got Wrap Text on, and I hav several paragraphs of text. All of it appears in the formula bar, bu not in the cell displayed on the screen. And yes, I increased the ro height, but it still doesn't show. Any ideas? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am having the same problem. Apparantly there is a 1024 character limitation per cel in excel. The only advice I have received so far, which does work, is to press alt+enter to create a line break. If you find another work around, I would be interested. Hi besid...

Export Access Record to Specific Cells in Excel
I'm looking for suggestions on how to export data from an Access table or Query into specific cells of a Worksheet. The table I'm importing will always contain a single record only. For example, I'd like to export data from Field1, field2...etc in an access table to Sheet2!A3, Sheet2!B3...etc. Any sugestions would be most appreciative. ...

Creating a summary page without blank lines
I have a project where I need to determine if the billing for supplemental charges for employees matches what is actually deducted from the employee's pay check. I just started this position and what I am working with is a separate spreadsheet for each month's bill. What I have done so far is to create a spreadsheet with a tab for each month that just has the supplemental information being billed for in the left most columns and what was deducted from each paycheck in the columns to the right, a tab that lists employee names and employee numbers, and a summary page that lists...

Dotnnetnuke 5.0 adding a new page
If you need the basics on how to add a new page to dotnetnuke you can follow this link, this is also a great website for more dotnetnuke information. http://www.hostmyservices.com/SupportPages/HowtoAddanewWebPage.aspx Thank you HostMyservices.com ...

Not enough system resources to display completely
I am getting this message box more frequently in my Excel workbook. Cannot find in help topics. Thanks Check out the below..(Might help) http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqapp.html#xlb -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "bgkgmg" wrote: > I am getting this message box more frequently in my Excel workbook. Cannot > find in help topics. > > Thanks I checked out site and is very helpful but why does it not happen when I adjust the zoom percentage? "Jacob Skaria" wrote: > Check out the below..(Might help) > http://www.contextures.com/xlf...

Conditional Formatting
I have a row of cells that calculate the totals for their columns but I force to be blank via IF statements until certain conditions are met. Once these conditions are met, the total appears. I'd like to also highlight these total cells via conditional formatting. My conditional formatting input is simply "If Cell is Greater than 0, format". For some reason all the cells format as though they are all > 0 yet they don't display anything. Are there some internal rules that specifiy when a cell is really 0? Is there another way to do this that won't care what the for...

Running Access Query Returns Incorrect Number of Records
I am running some code which loops through and runs the queries in an Access Database. The count of the records is then stored in a Worksheet. For most of the queries, the figure stored in the Worksheet matches the number of records if you run the query in Access. But for certain queries, the count of the records does not match the number of records when the query is run in Access. If I change the query to a make table query and then base another query on that table, the results are correct. Can anybody suggest running the query from Excel would results in a different number of records bein...

customize E2K3 OWA logon page
Recently we have upgared the exchange 2003 server with SP2. After that my company logo page is missing. It went to default page. I was unable to change the logo on login page. Can some help to configure the same logo on OWA login page? On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:56:38 -0800, Prasad <Prasad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Recently we have upgared the exchange 2003 server with SP2. After that my >company logo page is missing. It went to default page. I was unable to >change the logo on login page. Can some help to configure the same logo on >OWA login page? It's ju...

HTML now shown as a blank page
I have just accidentally sent all my inbox items to Outlook Express. I have exported them all back to Outlook 2000 (My Default Mail Server) but they are all marked as unread and all the mails that were HTML just show a blank screen. Can anyone please help?? Thanks in Advance Mark ...

invalid page fault in MSVCR70 under W95
hi, i developed an application (VC7) that has to run also under windows 95. After a while, the Windows shows an error message: "...caused an invalid page fault in module MSVCR70.DLL" The application run until I click on the "close"-Button of that exception message. After that the whole windows hangs up with an blue screen. I found some tips in the net... I think the problem is caused by different MSCRT Files. They have different heap managers. But i cannot replace the msvcrt.dll of the W95. If i try to start my application i get the message: "The MSVCRT.DLL f...

counting same text from different cells
Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. It will be really helpful if u could send me the solution thank you om Hi =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"p") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "om" <om@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:96B25715-6B88-40F8-8360-9602A05E3B30@microsoft.com... > Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in > excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. > > It will be rea...

pulling cell "value"
in the cell C4 i have the formula =now() and I have that cell formatted to custom mmmm so that it displays as January. I am now trying to write some VBA code to look at cell C4 and take the January and then do a vlookup on the array that i have named months. months is the cells D14:E25 column D has a list of the months and column E has a list of numbers that corresponds to these months. This is a custom list so I can not use the standard numbers that excel uses for the months. The vlookup in vba should take the January and find the number in col E that corresponds to it th...

random sequence of numbers
How do I generate a random sequence of numbers? e.g. simulating pulling the numbers 1 through 25 out of a hat. One way: Put the numbers 1 through 25 in A1:A25. Put this in B1 and copy down to B25: =RAND() Select any cell in the A1:B25 and choose Data/Sort. Sort on column B (ascending or descending, doesn't matter) with no headers. If you need to save the sequence copy A1:A25 to a different location. Since RAND() will recalculate after the sort, you can get another random sequence by choosing Data/Sort again. In article <1eb301c38762$7f1fef90$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "...

Like numbers in a field
I am working with a 25,000 row parts issue listing that was created by parts issue date. There are many repeat numbers in the part number column as the same part would have been issued on several different dates. I would like to be able to combine the like part numbers to know how many parts were issued over the course of all of the dates. Any ideas??? The Column headers are Part Number, Quantity, Unit Price, Total Price and Transaction Date. Create a new query based on your parts issue listiong table. Drag the Part number field into the query grid twice. Click on the Total...

Bytes in Data Page Row
I am reading a book titled "Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Internals". In Chapter 6, which was authored by Kalen Delaney, Kimberly Tripp, and Paul Randall, the following table and Clustered Index is created: CREATE TABLE Employee( EmployeeID INT NOT NULL IDENTITY, LastName NCHAR(30) NOT NULL, FirstName NCHAR(29) NOT NULL, MiddleInitial NCHAR(1) NULL, SSN CHAR(11) NOT NULL, OtherColumns CHAR(258) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'Junk') GO ALTER TABLE Employee ADD CONSTRAINT EmployeePK PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED (EmployeeID) GO It states on page 321 of the aforementione...

Formatting Cells #13
If you want something from cell (A) to appear in cell (B) and change when the contents of cell A changes, how do I do that? Acurran, =A1 ??? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Acurran" <Acurran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E800CB99-E6BA-4DF3-BCA0-445A89B2E8A8@microsoft.com... > If you want something from cell (A) to appear i...

ShAutComplete
Hello there, I am working on a browser based application, currently using ShAutoComplete in order to provide Auto complete facility for combo box used to enter the address of page that you want to browser. Used ShAutoComplete with SHACF_URLALL to show list of recently browsed web pages and webpage in history. Now how can I add address of web page browsed through my application into that list ? Means If I browser http://msn.com in my application, then it should go in the recently browsed page list that ShAutoComplete uses. Awaiting for your comments. The interface you are looking for ...

how to define scroll bar's page size value?
Hi all, I have a confusion about calculating scroll bar's page size. In my application, I am drawing an image according to scroll bar position. m_iGeneratedImgWidth - Width size of the image (this value is always bigger) rect.right - Width of the drawing area. how to define scroll bar's page size value? SCROLLINFO info; info.cbSize = sizeof(SCROLLINFO); info.fMask = SIF_RANGE|SIF_PAGE|SIF_POS; info.nPos = 0; info.nMin = 0; info.nMax = m_iGeneratedImgWidth - rect.right; info.nPage = ? In my OnHScrollBar() function, for SB_PAGELEFT / SB_PAG...

Highlighting a cell
I would like to highlight a cell for data entry, but I do not want the color to print. Is there a way to acheive this in Excel 2000. Thanks Sandi <File>, <PageSetup>, <Sheet>tab, Under Print, check the "Black & White" box. HTH, RD ==================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so that all may benefit! ==================================================== "Sandi" <ssteines@abprocess.com> wrote in message news:00c601c376eb$2b9a9910$a301280a@phx.gbl... I would like to highlight a ce...

Hard return in wraptext cell?
Is there a way to place a hard return(carriage return) in a cell with wrap text format so as to align text in the way user wants rather than what excel places? Thanks Mark Sure. Where you want a new line just press Alt+Enter. To remove that just place the cursor at the end of the line before the new line and press Delete Tyro "MP" <NoSpam@Thanks.com> wrote in message news:OAFfO3vVIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to place a hard return(carriage return) in a cell with wrap > text format > so as to align text in the way user wants rather than wh...

in MS EXCLE how we can protect only one cell?
plz do repl me soon Hi First select all of the cells in the Sheet>Format>Cells>Protection>remove the check mark form Locked. Next select the single cell you want to be locked>Format>Cells>protection>check Locked. Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet (optionally provide a password - remember to write it down somewhere of you do) -- Regards Roger Govier anu khan wrote: > plz do repl me soon EXCEL 2007 This assumes that you wish to protect cells D 83 to D 85. If you wish to protect just one cell replace D 83 to D 85 (below) with the cell ...

Selecting Cells with Shift Key
When I am selecting cells in Excell, I use the shift key and the arrows on my keyboard. If I pause at all, the selection is lost when I continue with the selection. Why? Can anyone help me? If you have removed your finger from the shift key then Windows will think you are starting a new selection. Just be sure that you don't touch the arrows without the shift being held down. LWhite "Jaymndad" <Jaymndad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:961E850D-AFAD-444C-AB81-F4A609BCB3BA@microsoft.com... > When I am selecting cells in Excell, I use the shift key...

Blank pages #2
My worksheet has 47 pages, but only data on 9 pages. In print preview it's showing hundreds of empty rows. I have deleted them, saved, closed the file, but they are still there. How do I get this crazy thing to print down to the last row where there is data, and no further? I don't want to set the print area because then I have to reset it everytime I add more rows of data. Thank you Connie Mississauga, Canada If you didn't delete the rows using the row number on the left, try that. Be sure and save. I have heard that one some versions you had to leave quit Excel and co...

Merge Cells, but keep backgrounds
In excell 2003 is there a way to merge cells so the text spans them all, but keep the current background of the cells (which are not all the same color)? No Try Center Across Selection and avoid merged cells whenever possible. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 30 May 2009 09:16:12 -0700 (PDT), "dan@danirwin.net" <dan@danirwin.net> wrote: >In excell 2003 is there a way to merge cells so the text spans them >all, but keep the current background of the cells (which are not all >the same color)? Is there a way to center across selection vertically or just horizonta...

Unable to print page with graphics
I put out a four page newsletter, any page that has an image with text, the printer spits out a blank page. However, if I use "Print current Page" the page prints fine! I am using JPEGS for the images, most are desaturated in Photoshop, so these images are not in color. I tried changing from JPEG to TIFF on the images, made no difference. Wonder if it a print spooling problem and not with publisher, any one have any ideas! Rick C When you open the print dialogue, be certain you clear "do not print any graphics". It is under the Advanced printing settings in 2002-...