Display No. of Rows in Status Bar

Hello:

I'm using Excel 2003.  Up until recently, whenever I apply an autofilter, my
status bar would display the number of rows returned, e.g.:  "25 of 100
records found".  For some reason it has stopped doing that, and now just says
"Filter Mode".

I right clicked on the status bar, and chose "Count".  It didn't help.
Right now I have it on "None", which is what it was on when the row count was
displaying before.

I don't believe I turned anything off, but I'd sure like to have that
feature back.

OBTW:  I had this problem a month or so ago and fixed it somehow, but I
can't remember what I did.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
MARTY
0
Marty (99)

See:

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Marty" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I'm using Excel 2003.  Up until recently, whenever I apply an autofilter, my
> status bar would display the number of rows returned, e.g.:  "25 of 100
> records found".  For some reason it has stopped doing that, and now just says
> "Filter Mode".
>
> I right clicked on the status bar, and chose "Count".  It didn't help.
> Right now I have it on "None", which is what it was on when the row count was
> displaying before.
>
> I don't believe I turned anything off, but I'd sure like to have that
> feature back.
>
> OBTW:  I had this problem a month or so ago and fixed it somehow, but I
> can't remember what I did.  Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> MARTY
0
PeoSjoblom (789)
1/24/2005 9:33:09 PM
Thank you.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> See:
>
> http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count
>

> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "Marty" wrote:
>
> > Hello:
> >
> > I'm using Excel 2003.  Up until recently, whenever I apply an autofilter, my
> > status bar would display the number of rows returned, e.g.:  "25 of 100
> > records found".  For some reason it has stopped doing that, and now just says
> > "Filter Mode".
> >
> > I right clicked on the status bar, and chose "Count".  It didn't help.
> > Right now I have it on "None", which is what it was on when the row count was
> > displaying before.
> >
> > I don't believe I turned anything off, but I'd sure like to have that
> > feature back.
> >
> > OBTW:  I had this problem a month or so ago and fixed it somehow, but I
> > can't remember what I did.  Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > MARTY
0
Marty (99)

Reset last row used
I have a worksheet where I have deleted the data form the last batch of rows and wish to reset (using VBA) the last row used returned by Excel 2007 to the genuinely occuped rows. I have tried using: ActiveSheet.UsedRange but it doesn't do the trick. That is probably because the rows from which I have deleted the data have still retained their formatting. I do want to retain the formatting (eg row height etc) as I wish to add further data in due course. Any suggestions as to how I can reset what Excel returns as last row used in these circumstances? TIA Chris ...

delete row if 2 cells are empty
Hello I get a daily report and I have to delete the entire row if cell AA and Cell AB are empty. staring from row 4 till the end. I have been doing this manually but is there a VBA code that would make this faster. thanks in advance Unless aa a/o bb populated with a space bar this should do it. Sub delrowsifaaempty() lr = Cells.find(What:="*", After:=[A1], _ SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row For i = lr To 4 Step -1 If Cells(i, "aa") = "" And Cells(i, "ab") = "" Then Rows(i).Delete Next i End Sub -- Don Guillett ...

20 rows but need to display only 2 at a time in a chart.
Hi friends, I have a chart with 20 rows and columns. I need to compare 2 rows at a time in a simple line chart to see thier progress, for example row 1 with row 5 , then 4 with 10 and then 1 with 16 etc. what would be the easiest way to achive this, for now I have to do it by selecting the rows each time by edit data. Can I have 2 dropdown menus above the chart with the column names so that the chart would display the values I chose. Thanks for your help. Roshlin Hi, It's easy to achieve this if you have a couple of combo boxes, each referencing your list of series names/headi...

macro to insert rows between sets of records
I have data that looks like this: name class title joe class1 assistant mary class1 assistant zelda class1 assistant al class1 professor ben class1 professor cleo class1 professor dan class1 professor alice class2 student barb class2 student claire class2 student ...and so on the spreadsheet goes. What I want to do is create a macr that will insert 2 blank lines between each 'title' group and insert line above the groupings with the title on it.. so that the resultin spread sheet looks like: name class title assistant joe class1 as...

MDI Chile windows not setting Frame Caption Bar
Hello, I have created an Windows MDI application. When I open a document within this MDI frame, the caption bar of the MDI frame is only set if the child document is maximized. If I have more than 1 child documents, I have them tiled. I woulkd like the MDI frame caption to change to show the name of the active child document, but it simply appends a number to it's applicaiton name. ie. the applicaiton name is WinOm and when I select a child document, the MDI frame caption is set to WinOm - [WinOM1], WinOm - [WinOm2], etc. Can I set it so that the MDI frame caption is the applicati...

Bar Text on Gantt Chart
Is there a way to remove all text formatting from the bars at once or does one have to format each bar individually Hi Judy, You can change multiple bars at once through Format > Bar Styles. I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional information about Microsoft Project On 4/14/2010 2:08 PM, Judy C wrote: > Is there a way to remove all text formatting from the bars at once or does > one have to format each bar individually Hi, Text formattig on the bars is achieved through F...

copying 2 rows
i need some advice as to the following: i have a column with about 400 rows of information--i need to copy two consecutive rows into the colum after every 14th row. the first two rows would be inserted after ro 14--then fourteen rows after these insertions-enter two more rows etc down to the end.. hope that this is clear. i would like to thank the peopl that have been helping me - you have made things a lot easier and clearer -- ROL ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ROLG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&user...

Changing Status name in Convert Campaign Response
Hi, I would like to change the labels from "Completed" and "Canceled" to some custom names in the dropdown list of the Close Response section of the "Convert Campaign Responses" form, but I can't find this particular form anywhere on the customization list. If you have any idea how I could achieve this, please help me. Thanks a lot, Suzy Hi Suzy, Unfortunately, these forms are not customizable from within CRM. Any customization directly to the web form would be unsupported. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative sol...

display reason code on payouts
The 40 column receipt for drops and payouts should display the reason code selected by the cashier. This makes it easier for a manager to review and post payouts and drops. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Com...

Busy status when using other program fullscreen
I'm using vista and my messenger wont change the status from online to busy when ii use another program fullscreen. The settings are correct, but it just doesnt change status ? It's to bad it doesnt change, often people want to talk to me when im using another program fullscreen. So if the status does change, they know im busy and they have to wait for an answer. Greetings Maurice, May I enquire which application's full-screen feature you're using? Depending on how the full-screen mode is done in the application, Messenger may not necessarily detect it (althou...

Bar chart with Y Axes Categories
I have very little experience with charts, so I really appreciate your help. I have a column of employees' "Years until retirement" (approx 139 employees). I'd like a chart that shows a bar for 0-5 years, 6-9 years, 10-14 years, 15-19 years, 20-24 years, 25-29 years and 30+. How do I categorize to get this chart? THANK YOU. MB I think you want the categories on the X axis. In the first column of the sheet, put your year ranges, and in the second column, put the number of employees within each range. Make a chart from this data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Micros...

Excel: with an if condition display a row of cell if true
Hello, I am a relatively new user and I was asked to set up a contact list for my office. I would like to have one master list on the first worksheet and then kind of query different sections into new worksheets. Is this possible? For example in the main worksheet i would have name, region and supervisor. In the second worksheet I would want only Peel Region enteries to be displayed. The main goal is: If a change something on the first worksheet I would like the other worksheets altered automatically. PLEASE HELP ME. Copy the data that you want from the main worksheet and then paste...

How do I display images from a folder in a form : access 2003
I have tried to implement m/s solution q285820 to display images from a folder in a form. I have 30 different pictures which I would like to associate with 30 entries in a table and display in a form. When creating the 'form' per the solution method discribed in q285820, I am not sure how to proceed in creating the 'image control'. In access 2003, I have the choice of 3 image control options from the toolbox. When using the plain 'image control', I have to associate a specific file for 1 image. I have not been able to figure out how to properly constr...

Multiple Stacked Bar Charts, Data Organitation
I'm building a chart that uses multiple stacked bar charts to show an employees work time broken down into days of the week. I've read online, and downloaded example files (funchart4) (stackedbar.zip) and a few others. I been through this and other news groups. I see that the data has to be organized in a staggered format, but I'm not seeing the connection between the way the datas arrainged, and the way the chart determines which data goes to which bar. Currently, I have the chart displaying two stacked bar charts for each day, but I need to add a third stacked bar chart for eac...

Help sought for IE8.0 to display a web page.
Dear Sir, I am able to view the webpage forum.avira.com with its layout when I am logging on to my PC as 'any other user'. But the web page is not displayed correctly with its layout when I am logging on as 'administator'. It is showing at the end 'errors on the web page' icon. How is this possible? How to get the page displayed when I am logging on as administrator? Thanking you and expecting your posts, Yours sincerely, R. GANESAN. Those with IE7- and/or IE8-specific questions or comments can post to and seek support in IE General newsgroup:...

alternating rows colours
hi, i'm a excel2000 user and have tried to use the formula =mod(row(),2)=0 and =mod(row(),2)=1 but a error message is displayed if i change the"," to ";" the program accepts but the formula doesn' work. i've created a data base in excel2000 the only problem is to us differents colours to alternate rows. what can i do????? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi what Excel language version are you using? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > hi, > > i'm a excel2000 user and have tried to use the formula > =mod(row(),2)=0 a...

Combine data rows in Pie Chart
I have a large excel spreadsheet that has client names and transaction amounts on it (along with other data). I made a chart that has the names and amount percentages on it, but there is a problem. It lists every transaction from a client as a different piece of the pie. So if a client has 5 transactions he has 5 pieces of the pie. Any way I can get Excel to recognize the same name and group it on a pie chart? :confused: -- Jayntree ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jayntree's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&us...

MDE menu/command bar issue
I have a distributed MDE/runtime and for one new user certain functions will not work. Most notably, the application's custom menu bar will not populate; each 1st level heading contains a single entry underneath that reads 'Option'. I can not find any missing libraries, but guessing this is a dll or similar issue. Any thoughts appreciated, thx! Steve wrote: > I have a distributed MDE/runtime and for one new user certain functions > will > not work. Most notably, the application's custom menu bar will not > populate; each 1st level heading contains...

Unable to display the folder. #3
HI FRIENDS, i am sending mail throw MAPI from my VB application. after sending the mail somtimes outlook 2003 get hanged with the following msg. Unable to display the folder. Microsoft office outlook could not access the specified folder location another application closed unexpectedly while using your personal folders file �i:\mailbox.pst�. to prevent protential damage to your personal folders file, it will not be available until you close all applications currently using it. any one can help me plz. Thank you.:) -- priya815 Posted via http://ms-os.com Forum to Usenet gateway ...

line display to not display quantity
I am wondering if i can make my line display only display the price , thats all, no quantity no other information but the price , currently its displaying the quantity too or description along with the price and that adds numbers that looks like weird ! example : 3 of 99pcs tool at price 80 are displaying like 39980 so briefly i just want the point of sale to send only the price to the line display, could it be done ? ...

CRM 4.0 displaying duplicate records
Using DMM I imported 18,000 contact records from a csv file. In CRM when displaying contacts, each contact shows 3 times. However, a sql select does not show any dupes. Why is this happening? ...

Conditional Format for every two rows
Is there a way to format 2 rows, skip to rows, format 2, skip 2 ... using conditional formatting? I'm familiar with =MOD(ROW(),2)=0...but it does every other row. I want it to skip two rows, format the next two, skip 2, format the next two, etc. Is this possible? Thanks, Joe How about: =MOD(ROW(),4)<2 Depending on where you want the rows shaded, you may want something like: =MOD(ROW()+1,4)<2 (or some adjustment) Access Joe wrote: > > Is there a way to format 2 rows, skip to rows, format 2, skip 2 ... using > conditional formatting? I'm familiar with =MOD...

Credit documents should be displayed in negative
Many of our customers had voiced out the need to print or show Credit Documents in negative. THis is particularly useful in Smarlist as when they export them to Excel,they would like to easily sum the total amount up and get the net sales/purchases value. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

How to Inform user the unsaved status when he close the app?
Hello I am doing a project of SDI. I setted the view Class derived from the CFormView Class. Anyway, I would like to set the Document dirty without View/Doc structure support. I've tried to add Message Handlers for WM_CLOSE both in the View Class and MainFrame Class. And I found that the Message Handler in the MainFrame did work but I could not find a way to pass the variable value, like m_bIsSaved, from the MainFrame Class to the View Class. In the other hand, however, the WM_CLOSE handler in the View Class did nothing, not to mention passing variable value to the MainFrame...

To-do bar fails
I have had Outlook 2007 for 4 days. Love the to-do bar and use it all the time. Well, this morning I closed Outlook. When I opened it up this afternoon, the task list in the to-do bar fails. I get a message saying, "The operation failed. An object could not be found." The tasks are still in my folder list; I can access them using the tasks tab. But they aren't showing up on the to-do bar or on the calendar at the bottom of each day in week view. This is important to me and if anyone has any suggestions on fixing it I will love you forever! Reboots and running the "repair&qu...