Display Date that does not change everyday.

I want to display the date when money is received, and I do not want the date
to change everyday.

Ex: =IF(K24="Yes",TODAY(),IF(K24="No",TODAY(),""))
However, this formula gives today's date and changes each day.  I don't want
it to change.
0
heater (40)

See

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"heater" wrote:

> I want to display the date when money is received, and I do not want the date
> to change everyday.
>
> Ex: =IF(K24="Yes",TODAY(),IF(K24="No",TODAY(),""))
> However, this formula gives today's date and changes each day.  I don't want
> it to change.
0
PeoSjoblom (789)
4/7/2005 4:39:03 PM
I went to that link, but I am a novice in VB and could not get it to work.  I
copied the following in VB, but nothing happened.

        With Target
            If .Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
            If Not Intersect(Range("k24:k86"), .Cells) Is Nothing Then
                Application.EnableEvents = False
                If IsEmpty(.Value) Then
                    .Offset(0, 1).ClearContents
                Else
                    With .Offset(0, 1)
                        .NumberFormat = "dd mmm yyyy hh:mm:ss"
                        .Value = Now
                    End With
                End If
                Application.EnableEvents = True
            End If
        End With
    End Sub

How do you make the macro work?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> See
>
> http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html
>

> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> "heater" wrote:
>
> > I want to display the date when money is received, and I do not want the date
> > to change everyday.
> >
> > Ex: =IF(K24="Yes",TODAY(),IF(K24="No",TODAY(),""))
> > However, this formula gives today's date and changes each day.  I don't want
> > it to change.
0
heater (40)
4/8/2005 8:51:02 PM
heater

This is an event macro.  Works when you change a cell value in the range
k24:k86.

Sticks a static date in the cell to the right of the one that got changed.

The code is palced in the worksheet module.

Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code".  Paste in there.

Make a change like enter something in k24 and see date appear in l24

Gord Dibben   Excel MVP

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 13:51:02 -0700, heater <heater@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I went to that link, but I am a novice in VB and could not get it to work.  I
>copied the following in VB, but nothing happened.
>
>Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
>        With Target
>            If .Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
>            If Not Intersect(Range("k24:k86"), .Cells) Is Nothing Then
>                Application.EnableEvents = False
>                If IsEmpty(.Value) Then
>                    .Offset(0, 1).ClearContents
>                Else
>                    With .Offset(0, 1)
>                        .NumberFormat = "dd mmm yyyy hh:mm:ss"
>                        .Value = Now
>                    End With
>                End If
>                Application.EnableEvents = True
>            End If
>        End With
>    End Sub
>
>How do you make the macro work?
>
>"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
>
>> See
>>
>> http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Peo Sjoblom
>>
>> "heater" wrote:
>>
>> > I want to display the date when money is received, and I do not want the date
>> > to change everyday.
>> >
>> > Ex: =IF(K24="Yes",TODAY(),IF(K24="No",TODAY(),""))
>> > However, this formula gives today's date and changes each day.  I don't want
>> > it to change.

0
Gord

Changing Account Settings
How does one change settings for an account? Such as the credit limit in a credit card account. Some items, in the Account Settings, aren't able to be changed. Thanks, James Open the account register for the credit card Click change account settings Click change credit card details button next in the credit card details section. Art JamesJ wrote: > How does one change settings for an account? Such as the credit limit in a > credit card account. Some items, in the Account Settings, aren't able to be > changed. > > Thanks, > James > > In the cha...

Automatically Change Font Size in Incoming E-mail?
Is there a way to change the font size automatically to a larger font for incoming e-mails? (have one that prints in tiny sized font every time...) You could choose the option to read all mail as plain text, and then specify the desired plain text font and size. As far as I know, this is the only way to have control over the appearance of text in Outlook (but one of the Outlook experts may prove me wrong on this one). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "T-rex915" <T-rex915@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DFD66...

Outlook 2010 & Hotmail connector
I recently installed the 2010 RTM version of Office and was told I needed to update the Outlook Connector for my hotmail account. I noticed after the update (version 14) that I'm getting the new message ding and desktop alert preview window for messages that arrive in my hotmail account (with exchange being my primary). This was not how it used to be and I'm wondering if there is a way to turn it off? I'm guessing the majority of people will like this feature but I don't need to be notified all the time mail comes into my secondary hotmail account. Thanks ...

Multiple Activities Change Status (CRM 3.0) #2
Hello I am trying to close (save as completed) multiple activities instead of one at a time. I tried creating a rule in the workflow manager but couldn?t make it work. Help would be greatly appriciated. p.s. I actually found this question in the forum but I can?t see the answer, instead of text it says "This is a multi-part message in MIME format....." Should I be able to see full thread?? http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/33501071/multiple-activities-chang.aspx Best Regards, Haraldur EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Free SharePoint Form Creator/Gen...

Queue not able to change privilege to Business Unit
Hi, I have created multiple queues that are owned by diffent Business Units and by different users within the appropriate Business Unit, like so: Queue A - BusinessUnitX, OwnerUserX Queue B - BusinessUnitY, OwnerUserY Queue C - BusinessUnitZ, OwnerUserZ When I log in as OwnerUserX I can see the Queue B and the email subject lines. When I attempt to open the email in the Queue I do not have the correct priovilege so I get an Access Denied error. This is expected behaviour. However, there are Chinese Walls between Business Units and therefore it is imperative that Users cannot see even the s...

Can't Change rights in Public Folders
Something has happened to some of my public folders. I am no longer the "owner", instead just a "Publishing Editor". I can't change it. I used the program Pvdavadmin which has worked in the past, but no luck this time. When I try to make changes to rights, I get: "An unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will be shut down immediately. Undetermined entity type could not be inserted. Type: WellKnownGroup. SID: S-1-5-2"...

Save display options (zoom, task pane, ...) when closing file?
I'd like to set up the way a particular Publisher 2007 file is displayed, save the file, and have it display in exactly the same way the next time I open the file. For example, I want to set the Zoom Level to 100%, center the display so that only a specific area of the page is visible, and turn off display of the Task Pane. If I set the display up like this and close the file, the next time I open that file, the Zoom Level is at 65%, the Task Pane is turned back on, and the entire page is displayed. How can I make sure the file is displayed exactly as it was when I last closed it? ...

Outlook "Display As" fields reset
Hi - can anyone provide a simple way to change the three �Display As� fields to a folder of Outlook 2007 contact items, so that the �Display As� fields are the same as the �Full Name� or �File As� field? I used my Windows Mobile phone to sync my Contacts folder between my home Outlook 2007 and office Outlook 2003, and all the Display As fields now only display the contact's email address. Thanks Glenn -- ThumperNut http://forums.slipstick.com Edit the Email Display As field to be what you think you want. -- Russ Valentine "ThumperNut" <ThumperNut.4...

HTML email not displaying after move mailbox from 5.5 to 2003
Hi all, We have 2 Exchange servers, one running 2003 SP 2 and one running 5.5 SP 4. There are a handful of users still on the 5.5 server, and I finally decided to move them over to 2003, where most of our users are and have been for at least a year. After doing a move mailbox, the user can log into their mailbox on the 2003 machine as expected. However some HTML emails do not appear in HTML format. Here is the odd part. If I enable "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store" the emails sent to the archive mailbox display correctly in HTML - while the s...

Change password in OWA #7
I have an Exchange Server, and everything is ok, but we have a problem. Sometimes when I user want to change his password, he can do it in Active Directory, but he is not able to do that i OWA For all users or just some. Did you implement change password feature for OWA? Implementing the Change Password feature with Outlook Web Access http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297121 James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 8, 3:07 pm, arielqs <arie...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an Exchange Server, and everything is ok, but we ha...

Display > sign on a chart
How do you display > or < signs on a chart, I am trying to put values on a chart but some of them are <2 or >60 etc. These values are displayed as zero on the chart. Is it possible to display values with < or > signs before the number? Try using a custom number format. Go to Format -> Cells. On the Number Tab choose Custom from the Category option. Type in: <#,##;>#,## -- John Mansfield "Felicity" wrote: > How do you display > or < signs on a chart, I am trying to put values on a > chart but some of them are <2 or >60 etc....

Still showing numbers not text in display
Since my previous post I went through both tables and did the lookup wizard on all the fields and selected only the RATING not ID. When I pull both tables into my query it shows the number for some and the word for others. The frustrating part is they were all created the exact same way so why are they displaying differently? I checked all the properties on both tables and everything is exactly the same and the information is still displaying in 2 different formats. Help before I pull all my hair out... =( Thanks for the quick responses by the way! Also... When I pull each...

Change the background of Form in 4.0
Hi, I would like the change the background of all form through style sheet in CRM4.0. i.e When i open any contact records, i want to change the background of contact. I have two environment of CRM and want some difference between them. Thanks in advance -Mac Hi Jon, You can change CRM 4 form color using below JavaScript document.all.areaForm.style.backgroundColor = ' #FF9933'; document.all.tab0Tab.style.backgroundColor = 'cyan';//color to tab document.all.tab0.style.backgroundColor = '#FF9933';//color to tab background Hope this helps! Sam _______________...

Chart format change 2003
I have changed from Exel 97-03 to 2007. When I open up reports with graphs that I have created in the earlier version, they appear distorted and have slight changes to them. Is there anyway to keep the same format of the graphs or will I need to redesign all the graphs? I suspect you will need to adjust each chart. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/10/19/why-i-dont-like-excel-2007-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "ProcessTeam" <ProcessTeam@discussions.m...

workflow to monitor custom status change and assign entity
I am trying to make a workflow so that on the change of status a service activity is assigned to another queue. The status is a custom attribute (picklist) called Billing Status with 'billed' and 'waiting for billing' as the options with the default null. I created a workflow and am able to make a manual one that does what I want. It checks for the Waiting for billing status and if it sees it it assigns it to the 'waiting for billing' queue. I have made a timed workflow for 1min on creation of a service activity to run the subprocess of the above. that works onl...

Date formula #7
I would like to have a calculation from a date I enter and data I download. I enter a date as follows 2/27/04 for a report each day. I download data with a 3/1/04, 4/1/04 for each month. I need to caluclate the date 90 180 and 240 days out. However while I do a new date each day (ex: 2/27/04, 2/28/04 3/01/04, 3/02/04...). The download data is always the first day of the month. So for February it needs to be 90 days from February 1, until March 1 then it is 90 days from that date until the next month and so on. Is there away for me to make a formula that takes out the 27 ...

Get Appts to display in current time zone?
I have a bunch of appts that were added to my calendar from a web site (PDC site) while I was in Central time zone. These appts were added and are displayed in Central time. Now I'm in LA for the conference and have reset the time on my computer to Pacific time; however these appts are STILL displayed in Central Time! How do I get them to display in Pacific time? This is Outlook 2007 running on Win7. The appts display with the time zone drop downs showing. Thanks in advance, Bill "Bill Cohagan" <BillCohagan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

CRM v3.0
We have a customer who would like to change the font color of the Read Only fields. When a read only field is presented, they complain that the font color is too light. Where can I make this change - I'm pretty sure there is a CSS somewhere that I can edit. -- Carroll Little ...

Calc % change by periods
Is there a way to incorporate a calcualted field in a pivot table report that will find the % change in, say, sales or units from period to period? My pivot looks like this: sales units 2003 2004 2005 2003 2004 2005 I would like to add an additional sales and units metric for the period 2003-2004 and 2004-2005 for each. I am not sure if I have to create a Calculate Item for each period I would like to find. Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

Changing helo banner in Exchange 5.5
In my company we have Microsoft exchange version 5.5. I would like to change SMTP helo banner only without changing the name of the PC. Something like helo mail.mydomain.com even if my PC has a completely different name. Is it possible? Thanks in advanvee elliusiei On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:42:48 +0100, "elliusiei" <look@post.signature> wrote: >In my company we have Microsoft exchange version 5.5. >I would like to change SMTP helo banner only without changing the name of >the PC. >Something like helo mail.mydomain.com even if my PC has a completely >differ...

How do I get the date correct in excel 2000 on a chart?
When I create a line graph, the date comes up as 00 instead of 05. I have the correct cell formating (it's set to date format) and I've tried different date formats. You probably need to switch to an "XY (Scatter)" chart. A "Line" chart treats the x-axis values as 1,2,3,... which as dates would be 1Jan1900, 2Jan1900, ... Jerry Racheb wrote: > When I create a line graph, the date comes up as 00 instead of 05. I have the > correct cell formating (it's set to date format) and I've tried different > date formats. If the dates were actuall...

Display name in Active Directory
My display name in Active directory uses the initial of my company as my first name hence, email sent to me says it's to: asg- brian yadda yadda. How do I get my email to say it's to me without changing Active Directory? I'm not sure you can. Why did you precede the display name with the company name? Nue "badamsios" <brian@brianandmaryadams.com> wrote in message news:1145923537.129809.267920@y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > My display name in Active directory uses the initial of my company as > my first name hence, email sent to me says it's to: asg...

Delivery Issue: Messages Do Not Display the Name of the Sender in the 'From' Field (Folder List) but Are Fine when Opening Them
Hello, One of our users received two strange messages from me and another co-worker. The messages are correct when opening them: the sender's names are there. But in Folder List view, the From field is blank. At beginning, we thought it was an Outlook issue. But it was same when he checked from another machine. Actually, I can see the blank From field message when I open his inbox when using my Outlook. Those two messages were sent from mailboxes on one Exchange server to mailbox on another Exchange at almost the same time. And everything is fine before and after those two messages...

Changing default grid spacing
Hi, I always edit my dialog templates using a 4x4 grid. So it is annoying that whenever I open a dialog template in the resource editor it is displayed with the "Rulers and guides" instead of the grid, and that the grid spacing is 6x6. Does anybody know how to change this default? Thanks, Niels-Peter ...