Display Cond. Format Formulas

Is there a way to display a cell's conditional format formula w/o actually
going through the menu to look at it?  I need a way to quickly tell what
formula a cell is using for conditional formatting.  It would be nice if you
could hover your mouse over the cell and the formula would be diplayed
(similar to a comment), but I don't know if this is available.

Thanks.

>>It would be nice...but I don't know if this is available

It's not.  About all you can do is speed up the process of opening the
dialog slightly with a macro.  You could attach this macro to a toolbutton
or a shortcut key...

Sub aa()
    Application.Dialogs(xlDialogConditionalFormatting).Show
End Sub

--
Jim
"dblair3270" <dblair3270@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Is there a way to display a cell's conditional format formula w/o actually
| going through the menu to look at it?  I need a way to quickly tell what
| formula a cell is using for conditional formatting.  It would be nice if
you
| could hover your mouse over the cell and the formula would be diplayed
| (similar to a comment), but I don't know if this is available.
|
| Thanks.

0
jrrech (1932)

Word 2004 formatting
For some reason Word now opens my documents in a defined space in the center of my monitor. I can enlarge the image (ie, 150%) but the defined space doesn't change size so I lose text. Changing from Normal, to Page Layout, etc doesn't fix the problem. What's wrong and how do I fix it? Many thanks! Jim When you hit the green button in the top left, what happens? When you drag the bottom right corner, what happens? On 18/2/07 1:28 PM, in article 1171765694.927622.224610@t69g2000cwt.googlegroups.com, "jb_powell@qwest.net" <jb_powell@qwest.net> wrote: > For som...

not enough resources to display completely starting excel 2010
I have just performed a clean install of Office 2010, having totally removed my Office 2007. I have installed the 64 bit variant, running on my (fairly new) Sony Vaio with 250 Gb ssd and 6 Gb RAM. I am running windows 7 ultimate (64 bit). Imagine my surprise that, whenever I start Excel, I get the error message: Not enough resources to display completely!!! I have not opened any workbook, nor do I have any other programs running, and I am a bit perplexed as to what could be causing this issue. Any ideas? I did also get some error messages when first starting Word but these see...

Displaying an image
Hi, I have an asx file which plays various videos. However, I want tio show a gif image for several seconds between wmv videos. Can this be done, and if so what code should I use in the asx file? Thanks inadvance, Simon Keeling On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:44:46 -0800 (PST), Simon Keeling <simon@weatherweb.net> wrote: >Hi, > >I have an asx file which plays various videos. > >However, I want tio show a gif image for several seconds between wmv >videos. > >Can this be done, and if so what code should I use in the asx file? > Hi, I replied...

Displaying Message from event sink to Edit control in dialog box
Hai I am working on FTP Software using MFC and i have to write the ftp server request and response to tracer window. The server request and response were caught by Eventsink and i donot know how to pass this text to edit control in dialog box which is another class. Here is coding of Event Sink / EventSink.cpp : implementation file // #include "stdafx.h" #include "RoboFTPClient.h" #include "RoboFTPClientDlg.h" #include "Eventsink.h" #ifdef _DEBUG #define new DEBUG_NEW #undef THIS_FILE static char THIS_FILE[] = __FILE__; #endif extern long gnResult...

How can I tell if the OST file is Unicode-formatted or not?
Exchange 2003 SP2 + Outlook 2003 SP3 (Cached Exchange mode) How can I tell if the OST file is Unicode-formatted or not? Here is more details: A laptop user intermittently receives emails with blank message body. I have done tons research on this issue and got no solutions. I am currently suspecting the user's large OST file which is about 2GB now. One MS KB article says that Unicode-formatted OST file supports up to 20GB, while Ansi-formtted OST file supports up to 2GB. How can I tell which format the OST file is using? Thanks a lot!! jack Jack <jack@techexpress.ca> wrote: >...

Captions and Citations won't format differently on same line.
Sir/Ma'am, Here's my issue: I have several figures in my document, which I have captioned using the "caption" command. Additionally, I have given the source for the caption as well. For instance: "Figure 1: Elm Tree (Jones, 2007)." I have created a Table of Figures, and the table of figures views the citation as part of the caption. When I try to select the citation and change it to normal text style (so the table of figures won't recognize it as captioned text) it will not let me change it if it is on the same line. My style book requ...

HTML Displayed in Outlook
I cannot display html script in Outlook 2002. I changed security settings to Internet which matches IE. Anyone ever had this problem with Window XP and Outlook? ...

Dates in Formulae
Dear all, Suppose I want to create a basic formula eg one which adds 6 months to a date, how would I do it? Doing it by date + 6 months worth of days will obviously not work as the number of days in 6 months will vary. Any thoughts? Thanks, Danny Hi Danny, =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+6,DAY(A1)) But do think about what you want the day to be in case the source date is, for example, august 31. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Aardvark" <djurmann@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23cU8IWF0DHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > ...

How do you add text after a formula?
I'm working on creating a report. At the top of each section is a mont that I type in. At the bottom I want a cell to display that month an also add the word "Total". So for example I have May listed in Cell B3 I now want "May Total" to be listed in cell B36. I know if I want it t display just "May" I'd enter =B3 but how do I make it add the Tota part? Thanks in advance for any help -- Wease ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Weasel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2720 Vie...

Clear Contents But Not Formula
I want to use a complicated worksheet that was devised for last year but contents will now change to this year. How can I clear the contents of the cells, the numbers, but leave the formula remaining? Hi click in the sheet you want to do this in (please try on a copy of your workbook first), choose edit / goto, click the special button and then check "constants" .. there's some tick boxes you can play with too ... then click OK and press the delete key. Hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Gancom3" <Gancom3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8749...

Outlook 2000 display name
Trying to change the display name of an account in Outlook 2000 SP-3 Windows XP machine But I can't find the option to do it, all I keep on getting is e-mail services and nothing that says accounts even when I go through options. Any help would be appreciated Corp/Workgroup mode does not use the term account. Your Internet Mail Service is your email account. Set the name there in Properties -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Miranda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c2a01c46e89$a46fc5e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Trying to change the display n...

Excel Formula Error for No Good Reason
I don't know why, but this formula will not stop giving me an error in Excel 2003. =IF( $A8 <> "", B8 * E8, IF( ROW(H7) <> 1, IF( G8 = "Subtotal", SUM( H$2:H7 ), IF( LEFT(G8, 3) = "Tax", ROUND( $J$1 * H7, 2), IF( G8 = "Total", INDIRECT( ADDRESS( ROW(H8)-2, COLUMN(H8) ) ) + H7, IF( G8 = "Depr", SUM( INDIRECT( "G2:"&ADDRESS( ROW(H8) - 4, COLUMN(G7),4) ,TRUE) ), "" ) ...

Display names in Global address book do not update
I made a change to one of my users so that their display name shows as last name, first name. This change has not been applied to the global address book, but you can see the change has been made in active directory users and computers. Any idea how I update this change for the global address book? Thanks, Mike YOu need to wait for the global catalogs to refresh.....depends on your AD topology. "Mike Fefferman" <mike@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%23v%23sxI5PFHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I made a change to one of my users so that their display name show...

leading zeros in text format
I receive bulk orders via an Excel spreadsheet, containing many individual orders with reference numbers. The reference numbers may be 7-9 digits long, however the field needs to have 10 digits. The format is set to customize: 0000000000. In this manner, we always see the 10 digits regardless of the actual number. The problem we have is that we bulk-load this spreadsheet through a specific custome built bulk-loader. This reference number field must have 10 actual digits, not format digits. Therefore a number such as 00865243 becomes 865243 and then will not run through the bulk loa...

excel formula.
=IF(Sheet1!B4=Sheet1!B1,2,If(Sheet1!B4>Sheet1!B1,1,If (Sheet1!B4<Sheet1!B1,4) In the above formula how would I insert an incremental amount. ie: If(Sheet1!B4>Sheet1!B1,1, the increase to be by two and the result remain one. ie: (Sheet1!B4<Sheet1!B1,4) the decrease be by 1 with the result remaining 4 I am sure that what you want to do is possible, but you have to be a little more descriptive to make us understand. Thanks. Ideally, put up some cell names, put values, then say what you want done. Boris >-----Original Message----- >=IF(Sheet1!B4=Sheet1!...

formula
Hi, I want to copy A1, A3, A5, A7 etc. into a seperate column, but when I try to copy it down, it doesn't seem to recognise my odd numbers request. What formula should I use? Thanks! Use =INDIRECT("A"&ROW(A1)*2-1) and copy down -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Georgyneedshelp" <Georgyneedshelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:464A8951-DB29-4907-AE09-AA7CE4F0C15A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I want to copy A1, A3, A5, A7 etc. into a seperate column, but when I try to > copy it down, it doe...

International date formats
When performing an Edit, replace on the cell value 10.09.03 (a system genereated date vale of 10th Sep 03) replaceing the . with /, Excel (and in VBA when recorded as a macro) sometimes changes the cell value to 09/10/03 (9th October 03). This is driving me potty and have spent a vast amount of time on it trying to work out what Excel is doing!!!! My Regional settings are set fro the UK. Any ideas anyone? "Mike" <michael.may@npower.com> wrote in message news:2d44701c39483$97f77730$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When performing an Edit, replace on the cell value > 10.09.0...

Formula Syntax
Hi I am using the formula below to bring data from one sheet to another. =SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(Data!$O$3:$O$5017,"mmm-yy")=TEXT($A9,"mmm-yy")),--(Data! $P$3:$P$5017="Tricia Woodgate"),Data!$Q$3:$Q$5017) However at the end I want to return the sum of Q3+R3:Q5017+R5017. Can someone tell me how to set up the syntax please Thanks A "Alex Hammerstein" <aph@misnet.co.uk> wrote: > Hi I am using the formula below [....]. > > =SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(Data!$O$3:$O$5017,"mmm-yy")=TEXT($A9,"mmm-yy")),--(Data! > $P$3:$P$5017=&q...

Outlook Web Access Does Not Display Inbox Messages When a "Loading
I have an environment with 4 exchange 2003 servers 1 frontend and 3 backend servers. I have 3 servers in one site 1 is the FE server and 2 are the BE servers, one of these servers is on another site. There is no proxy server between these servers and all of them are in the same network and there no traffic being filtered between these exchange servers. Suddenly I started seeing this message when users are oppening OWA ( Outlook Web Access Does Not Display Inbox Messages When a "Loading..." Message Is Displayed). I have checked the authentication settings and all settimngs have ...

Formulas for race game (position calculation after each round)
Hi. I have a worksheet like the following: Player's Name-----Round1(R1)-----R2-----R3...-----Total Score====Position after R1-----Pos.(R2)-----Pos.(R3)... Position is calculated based on the score accumalted (the more scores, the better) so far. Eg: Postion after R1 depends on score got in R1. Position after R2 depends on score got in R1 & R2. Position after R3 depends on score got in R1 & R2 & R3. Q: What formulas should I use to calculate the positions up to different rounds? I think I can use RANK functions, but it seems I need to set SUM formulas to calculate total scores...

Changing formula in multiple cells or range simultaneously
I am trying to change the value in multiple cells in a large worksheet simultaneuously. I want to identify the range and then adjust the formula in the entire range. Is there a way that I can highlight the range and then change to formula in each, simultaneously? For example, if I wanted to double the value in the entire range, how would I do this? Thanks, Michael You could put 2 in an empty cell. Copy it Edit|Paste special|click on Multiply under the operation section. Then clear out that 2. But it really depends on what kind of change you're making. If you wanted to ad...

Formula for calculating Gross Profit with muktiple discounts #2
List Price less Disc1 less Disc2 equals Net Price. Sell price less net price equal profit divided by sell price equal gross margin percentage. $10 less 50% less 10% =$4.50. Sell for $12.50. $6.00 less $4.50 =$1.50. $1.50/6.00 = 25% GP. All of these figures are in cells of their own. Cannot get this to calculate correcly. Please help! Urgent CARM Wrote: > List Price less Disc1 less Disc2 equals Net Price. Sell price less net > price equal profit divided by sell price equal gross margi > percentage. > > $10 less 50% less 10% =$4.50. Sell for $12.50. $6.00 less > $4....

Conditional Formatting #28
Hi everybody I use Excel 2002 sp2 Is there a means to have more than 3 conditions for confitional formatting ? the dialog box only features 3. many thanks and best regards Jean Luc J.E. McGimpsey shows a way to get up to 6 different formats using conditional formatting and a custom number format. You can't add more conditions, but you may be able to use a worksheet event that formats the cell the way you want. Jean Luc wrote: > > Hi everybody > > I use Excel 2002 sp2 > Is there a means to have more than 3 conditions for > confitional formatting ? the dialog box ...

Cell Formatting to disp. ### numbers
I am trying to format the cells so that it only allows three numbers t be displayed. To be more descriptive: We work with zip codes quite often, but, we only use the first thre digits. Someone sent us a xls file with 12000 zip codes, in one column, and need to know how to make the column show only the first three digits o all the zip codes.. there is another problem, when I convert them to a numeric value, i removes the zero in front...ex. 08245, becomes 8245, but i need to kee that zero in front. Thanks -Eri -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Assuming your zip codes a...

Reprint AP check format on plain paper
Provide the ability to print a "copy" of a previously printed check w/ stub (with "void" in the signature section) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defaul...