disk full problem on a server

i am a virtual user in CT. my office/network is in Atlanta. we use a VPN to
get into our network. i have cable modem access. one of the servers is
something called a "Celerra"  (whatever that is) whereupon i gain access to a
shared file in Excel. I have Version 11.6355.6408 SP1. i have Office 2003 and
Windows 2000 Professional.

i keep getting 'disk full' messages when trying to do updates to that shared
file. the server has 29 GIG free. my workaround is to save the file to my
local harddrive then copy it back into the server. my desktop folks and
network services folks don't seem to have a clue to solving this issue.
anybody heard of this issue before??
0
Corky (11)

The only time I've run into this issue was when I had exceeded the space
allotted to my UserID.  Have the IT group check your settings and see if they
have a restriction on how much disk space you are allowed to 'own'

Good luck,

Bruce

"Corky" wrote:

> i am a virtual user in CT. my office/network is in Atlanta. we use a VPN to
> get into our network. i have cable modem access. one of the servers is
> something called a "Celerra"  (whatever that is) whereupon i gain access to a
> shared file in Excel. I have Version 11.6355.6408 SP1. i have Office 2003 and
> Windows 2000 Professional.
>
> i keep getting 'disk full' messages when trying to do updates to that shared
> file. the server has 29 GIG free. my workaround is to save the file to my
> local harddrive then copy it back into the server. my desktop folks and
> network services folks don't seem to have a clue to solving this issue.
> anybody heard of this issue before??
0
Corky (11)
4/6/2005 8:31:04 PM
thank you bruce. that MIGHT be the answer but doubtful. i neglected to say in
my first post that this issue does not occur ALL the time. it is infrequent.
maybe 2 times a week when i do updates to that file about 30 times a week.
but i'll meail them tomorrow.

thx

"swatsp0p" wrote:

> The only time I've run into this issue was when I had exceeded the space
> allotted to my UserID.  Have the IT group check your settings and see if they
> have a restriction on how much disk space you are allowed to 'own'
>
> Good luck,
>
> Bruce
>
> "Corky" wrote:
>
> > i am a virtual user in CT. my office/network is in Atlanta. we use a VPN to
> > get into our network. i have cable modem access. one of the servers is
> > something called a "Celerra"  (whatever that is) whereupon i gain access to a
> > shared file in Excel. I have Version 11.6355.6408 SP1. i have Office 2003 and
> > Windows 2000 Professional.
> >
> > i keep getting 'disk full' messages when trying to do updates to that shared
> > file. the server has 29 GIG free. my workaround is to save the file to my
> > local harddrive then copy it back into the server. my desktop folks and
> > network services folks don't seem to have a clue to solving this issue.
> > anybody heard of this issue before??
0
Corky (11)

Problem with systemstate backup with DPM 2010
Hi! We running DPM 2010RC on a Windows 2008 R2 The Protected computer is: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003, Standard Edition 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 Build 3790 When we installed the DPM agent the first backup of system state was successfully, so we have one restore point. But further backups in failing, the system state backup is in status “replica is inconsistent” and when I running a consistent check the job failing. In the error in DPM is: The replica of System Protection Computer\System Protection on sea0700smon1.xxxx.local is inconsistent with the protected data so...

Questiontest-outlookwebservices problem
hi all and thanks for the support. i'm facing a problem with test.outlookwebservices. notice that oulook side everything seems to be pretty good: the autodiscovery and auto-configuration of the account succeedes, the test email autoconfiguration suceedes too. when i launch the test, once it suceedes for certain services and after a while it fails for those services and suceedes for other. look the prints: here are failing the RPC tests Message : [EXCH] The UM is configured for this user in the AutoDiscover response received from https://mytest-EXC1. myt...

Does a 'grace period' exist for Server CALs??
I am presently planning a new Win2k8 R2 DC/TS/AD/DNS server install. I know the TS/RDS CALs have a "grace period" which allows me time to obtain however many additional CALs we need. Does a similar "grace period" exist for the Server CALs per se?? If I don't have enough Server CALs (device) at the time of setting up the server and people's computers connecting to it via Terminal Services/Citrix, what will happen?? I haven't found anything searching the Internet... Thank you, Tom Hello tom12010, See here about the grace periods depending ...

Font problem
It seems that the Cambria Math font has recently acquired an extremely large Ascent and Descent. Has it perhaps always been that way and I've never noticed it before, or is it something recent, perhaps a Vista thing? Try the following code for example. For Arial and Times New Roman (and virtually all other fonts) I am getting pretty much exactly what I would expect (a TextHeight that is a bit larger than the point size) but for Cambria Math I am getting an extremely large TextHeight (I get exactly the same results using GDI32 methods). At this end (on my Vista Business laptop...

08 Mac Office activation problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Just found an article posted by michellec and I am faced with exactly the same problem - on 'activation' of the product, none of the 3 product keys seem to be correct, hence activation is unsuccessful!! Have received some help emails (and thanks Diana yours had the microsoft help number that has been good, despite the fact they can't help me and tell me I must get in touch with Digital River) but seems that what I need is another product key, and now that I'm asking for that since about 10 days, I don't get any reply ...

Autoshapes' visible problem
When I add some Rectangle autoshapes above the embeded chart, I find it's hard to control it's visibility, They maybe hide when I select some cell or activate chart. I want to know how to make them always visible no matter what I select. Thank you in advance! ^_^ Yours,fujing You need to click on the chart before you use the drawing tool. In this way the Shape and the Chart become one. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fujing1003" <fujing1003@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171358292.074278.135950@v33g2000cwv...

7-bit and News Servers
Most of the messages that come here get the following news header fixed into them: Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I recently (15:16 Eastern, 2010.06.02, Wednesday) looked through various messages and noticed that the following people no longer post 7-bit. From: "Larry Serflaten" <serflaten at usinternet dot com> References: <1EDE11CE-8D50-4A18-B59C-95C45B849EFC@microsoft.com> Subject: Re: Instr problem in VB5 Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 14:12:35 -0500 Lines: 15 X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1983 X-...

Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems

RMS and/or PC Charge Problems
We are having some interesting problems with our RMS system and PC Charge: For no apparent reason RMS will have an error message after a card is swiped or keyed into the system: • DENIED (With a wide variety of error messages) • DUPLICATE use F+ to force (even when it is the first transaction) • TIMED OUT Attempted solutions: • Turned modem off and on • Disconnected the modem and plugged everything back in • Turned the server on/off • Called PC Charge only to be told that it is RMS • RMS said it is PC Charge • Confirmed that everything is set up properly in PC Charge and RMS What works:...

removing first exchange server in org
I am ready to move the first exchange 2k3 server from my organization. I have followed the steps in article 822931 and finished them. I am just noticing that one of the public folders - entitled system configuration - is not covered in the instructions in 822931 and is set for replication between the source(server being taken out)and destination server. Should i remove the source server or does it matter. Thanks ...

Will DPM 2010 include Disk to Disk to USB Disk instead of tape?
In 2007 if I want to backup to usb for offsite I have to use a third party program like Firestreamer to make the usb disk look like a Tape. Will 2010 allow us to use usb drives or ESata drive for offsite storage? This would be way cool since Tape can be very expensive for large data sets... USB drives are cheap and again if goes bad get another one. Dan Thanks Dan for your feedback. We have been getting this request from our customers but so far this is not in the list of DPM 2010 features. I'll pass on your feedback to the product group. -- Gaurav Gupta | Program Manag...

Outlook 2003 Signature Problem
I've created a signature with my company logo (.jpg file) using Outlook 2003. When the signature is attached in my email, the photo/icon file shows a box with an 'x' in place of the .jpg file. I checked the location where the files are stored and I found the .jpg file in the proper folder under signatures. Thanks in advance for your help. Mike Tools - options -security tab, click on change automatic download settings. Change to what you want. "Mikeul" <Mikeul@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1132112656.7e1c9b39fdb73a3c7ed44fdbd3e3fbc4@fe5.teranews.com......

Problem in restricting users from sending/receving internet email
I have found a helpful articel here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html I read it through couple times but I would like to ask some questions before I start the work on our Exchange 2000 server. 1. The "group" I am going to create for adding users into the restricting list, will it be a Security group or Distribution group? What group scope should I give it? 2. Under the section of "Restricting Users from Sending Internet Base Email", the article tells us to create a *new* SMTP connector and add the group into the "Dilivery Restriction" page. Will ...

Outlook Draft Email Print Problem
I have emails saved in draft but when i go to print them it doesnt show who it is being sent to and the fact it hasnt been sent yet, i have played with the setting but to no avail. I am using outlook 2003 any help would be appriciated. Turn off WordMail before printing the draft (Tools | Options | Mail Format) or wait to print until after you send it. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx <kpmail76@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:...

Outlook 2002 HTML printing problem
Outlook 2002. I cannot print HTML emails. Plain text prints without any problems just HTML will not. Office xp pro is at all latest service packs. Anyone have an idea what may be wrong? ...

full-text indexing error
Hi Getting the following error during install at select SQL Server "Full-Text Indexing needs to be running on the specified SQL server." I've installed Index Service but cannot find any full-text indexing options anywhere? Help Matt Hi Matt, only three suggestions (haven't had this problem so far): - check the service "Microsoft Search" and start it and set type to automatic - in SQL Server Enterprise Manager go to folder "Supporting Services" (don't know the exact english name as I only have a german SQL Server here) and check the serv...

Extending Exch 5.5 hard disk on RAID 5
I am using exch 5.5, sp4 on win 2k. Priv.edb and Pub.edb are sitting on e:\exchsrvr\MDBDATA which is 36gb and nearly ful. Drive E:\ consists of 3x18gb disks. I have got three 36gb new hard disks that i want to use as a replacement to the existing 18gb drives and also put RAID 5 ontop. This is my rough plan Offline back of entire e:\ Take out 3x18gb disks Load the 3x36gb disks Configure RAID 5 Load the backed up dbase. Do you think there is something that i am missing here please? Also, if you have carried out similar task in the past, what was your experience that you want me to kn...

"tcp/ip connection unexpectedly terminated by server"
i've been getting this message when i try to send and receive emails on outlook along with error number Ox800cccOf. can anyone help me fix this problem? ...

MS Office 2007 Enterprise Problem
Hi, Gurus, I am using Windows Vista Business version and have installed the above version of MS office. When I close all three application software, i.e., word, excel, and powerpoint, a same message shows up "Microsoft Office Live Add-in Sign-in has stopped working", and then "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". Anyone has any idea as to how to correct this? Thanks. Jon Gather all the necessary documentation that you received with the Home Use Program of Office...

Formula Problem #7
Hi there, Can anyone tell me what is wrong with the following formula (it's doing my nut in!): IF([DAY]<>"Y",0,IF(OR((OR((AND((OR([START1]<=7,[START1]<8)),([END1]>7))), (AND((OR([START2]<=7,[START2]<8)),([END2]>7))))),(OR((AND((OR([START3]<=7,[START3]<8)),([END3]>7))), (AND((OR([START4]<=7,[START4]<8)),([END4]>7)))))),1,0) I've replace cell refs with [x..]'s. Many thanks - David It seems that there is a parenthesis missing at the end. Best, Guillermo "Daveo" <writetodaveo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1...