Disappearing Data Validation arrows

I have several cells with "drop down list" Data
Validation. When I first start Excel, they always work as
designed. After a while, using some VBA macros, they
disappear. The data validation conditions still work, but
the drop down arrows are gone. I have to restart Excel to
make them appear again.

Can anyone suggest a place to start to trouble shoot this
problem. I suspect there is some VBA code that causes the
problem, but don't know where to start.

I am familiar with the previous problem with "frozen
windows" and arrows. There are no frozen windows in this
application.

I am using Excel 2000.

Thanks.

Mike

0
anonymous (74722)

I've seen some problems with data validation dropdowns when cells are
merged in the worksheet. Perhaps your macros are doing that.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
5/11/2004 7:00:23 PM
One more point....Does one of your macros change the Objects view in
Tools>Options>View to "Hide All"?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 11 May 2004 15:00:23 -0400, Debra Dalgleish <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com>
wrote:

>I've seen some problems with data validation dropdowns when cells are
>merged in the worksheet. Perhaps your macros are doing that.
>
>Mike Lewis wrote:
>> I have several cells with "drop down list" Data
>> Validation. When I first start Excel, they always work as
>> designed. After a while, using some VBA macros, they
>> disappear. The data validation conditions still work, but
>> the drop down arrows are gone. I have to restart Excel to
>> make them appear again.
>>
>> Can anyone suggest a place to start to trouble shoot this
>> problem. I suspect there is some VBA code that causes the
>> problem, but don't know where to start.
>>
>> I am familiar with the previous problem with "frozen
>> windows" and arrows. There are no frozen windows in this
>> application.

0
Gord

OpenRecordSets and Adding Data
Hi, I have an input form which people fill in with data, i then use a command button to send this data to a linked table from sql 2005, when i click the button to put the data into the linked table it says the following:- Cannot Update. Database or object is read-only. Can someone help me to understand how to make the table not read only so it will accept the data I am trying to insert into it? Thanks Paul Does the table in question have a primary key defined? It must, or it will be read-only, -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, ple...

CRectTracker with one arrow when mouse is over
hi I am trying to create CRectTracker with just one arrow at the bottom right hand corner. when I call BOOL ::OnSetCursor(CWnd* pWnd, UINT nHitTest, UINT message) { // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default if ( pWnd == this && m_rectTracker.SetCursor(this, nHitTest) ) return TRUE; return CDialog::OnSetCursor(pWnd, nHitTest, message); } it shows all 8 arrows. any ideas?? are you overriding the CRectTrancker::GetHandleMask method to tell it that it should only have one resize handle? UINT CMyRectTracker::GetHandleMask() { return 4; //the b...

Aquiring phone data from an account from a different form.
When registering a new case I would like to aquire the main phone nr. of the customer automaticaly in a custom field on the case form after I have defined the customer name. Is this possible? ...

Autofill columns with like data & bringing in new data
2 Questions. Question 1: I have tblMain. In one of the columns, I have a reason code, which is pulled from tblReasons. The next column is reason description, which is associated to a reason code. When I select a reason code, how do I get the reason description to autofill with the reason description associated with that reason code from tblReasons? Question 2: This question is a little complex. Hopefully I can explain it correctly. I will just show the part of the table necessary for this question. I have 2 columns in tblMain; Damage Code and Damage Description. These values are pul...

No data when offline
When i go offline with SFO i can only view data that i created when i was off line. The data replicates to the live crm server when going back online but when i go offline this is the only data i can see. Can anyone help? I saw this issue a few months back. The fault was the useraccount in the systemuserbase table. in this table you will see the users logon details. Check their domain\username entry and make sure the domain is the netbios name rather than the FQDN like company.com etc -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Dylan" <Dylan@discussi...

Combo boxes and lists boxes not showing data
As of yesterday, a few databases stopped showing data in list boxes and combo boxes. The row source to these fields have not changed and they show the correct data in the query. The column widths are correct and the fore and back colors of the fields are not the same. This just started happening yesterday and nothing has really changed. Also, if I click somewhere in the combo box on a blank entry (because I can see anything), after I click the information will display, but I can't see it when I first click the drop down arrow in the field. HELP!!! On Jan 24, 5:18=A0am, Annette <annet...

Replace Series Marker With Double Headed Arrow
How do I replace a Series Marker with a double headed arrow (a single line with an arrow at each end pointing outwards in opposite directions). I have a Line Chart (Line with Markers) with a single data point. I have tried various options but have drawn a blank (rather than a double headed arrow!). TIA for any replies. Hi, You can use an autoshape as a custom marker. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomMarkers.html Cheers Andy On 10/02/2010 12:12, trip_to_tokyo wrote: > How do I replace a Series Marker with a double headed arrow (a single line >...

summing duplicate data (<--help a rookie please)
Hello - I have a table which looks like the following: PLU ITEM DATE SOLD 12345 BALL 3/7/08 6 56789 ROPE 3/7/08 8 12345 BALL 3/14/08 2 12345 BALL 3/14/08 9 67900 GAME 3/14/08 4 I am trying to create a query which will summarize each week, plu, sold; like this: PLU ITEM DATE SOLD 12345 BALL 3/7/08 6 56789 ROPE 3/7/08 8 12345 BALL 3/14/08 11 67900 GAME 3/14/08 4 However, I can't figure out how to SUM the SOLD column when the DATE is the same. The example above shows PLU 12345 on 3/14/08. Any suggestions? Thanks! Dan Dan wrote: > Hello - > > I have a table which looks like ...

Excel can't SAVE added data & formatting?
Excel 2000 ... I have a single page spread sheet (my own) that was working fine. After expanding the spread sheet to handle more equipment I received error message stating: Excel can not SAVE all of the added data & formatting ... Here I had the option to select OK without fixing ... CANCEL ... or ... HELP. I selected HELP & ended up on a blank HELP Page ... So now I am turning to this board. What gives? Could I be running into a formatting limit issue? Sheet less than 1000 rows, but many formats ... Thanks ... Kha "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

Charting data from multiple sheets
Is there a way to chart date from multiple sheets. I have used Qpro for years and want to get away form it but... I use one sheet per month of data and what to chart Jan to Dec for example. Any ideas? Sean - You need to summarize the data on a single sheet, then make your chart. You can use formulas to do this. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Sean Mc wrote: > Is there a way to chart date from multiple sheets. I have > used Qpro for years and want to get away form it but... I > use one sheet per mo...

Moving data from one table to another
I have a query that produces results like those below: JobID | Length | Qty 1 8 2 1 7 2 1 7 2 1 6 2 1 8 2 2 7 2 2 6 2 I would like the results listed in a new table like such: JobID | 6 | 7 | 8 1 2 4 4 2 2 2 0 How can this be accomplished? I am very new to Access. Thanks for any help. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200712/1 Make a crosstab qu...

Excel macro concatenate each 2 rows data into 1 row for all sheet
Hi all, I have an excel sheet of 12000 rows of datas and I need to concetenate the datas in each 2 rows into 1 row with fixed size and delete the previous ones if possible or to create a new sheet with the concatenated datas to the same workbook. Eg: Before A B C D E ... 1 Data1 Data2 Data3 Data4 Data5 2 Data6 Data7 Data8 Data9 Data10 3 Data11 Data12 Data13 Data14 Data15 4 Data16 Data17 Data18 Data19 Data20 5 Data21 Data22 Data23 Data24 Data25 6 Data26 Data27 Data28 Data29 Data30 After A ...

Separating data from one cell
If I have two words in one cell, how can I separate them to appear in two cells. I know that concatenate will group them together but is there a function to break them apart? Hi see: Data - Text to columns' For a formula solution use (for two words): =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) and =MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany joey041 wrote: > If I have two words in one cell, how can I separate them > to appear in two cells. I know that concatenate will > group them together but is there a function to break them > apart? Th...

Changing size of spin arrows of CTabCtrl
Hi, I use CTabCtrl in a touch screen application. If there a too many tabs to display, the tabctrl (i have to use single line tab ctrl) displays spin button to "scroll" the tab ctrl. Now i want to change the size of these buttons. How can i do that Thanks for your help. Alex You can find the buttons and resize them Here is an example of how to do it http://www.codeproject.com/tabctrl/lbtab.asp Open LBTabCtrl.cpp goto line 98. You will see how he is finding the buttons and subclassing them. Right before he subclass them he moves and sizes them. You might have to do a ownerdraw...

Problem importing Data into Outlook 2002 from 2003.
I'm hoping that someone out there has had this problem and can help me out. I did a backup on my other computer by exporting the data from Outlook 2003 to a file, then formatted the harddrive and am trying to import it into Outlook 2002 on a different computer and I get the following error: "The file Backup01262004.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service. Contact your administrator." Is there a utility or something that I can use to restore the file? Thank you in advance. Rich Previous versions of Outlook cannot read 2003's n...

Transposing Excel Data from a Vertical Format to a Horizontal Format
Hello, I would immensely appreciate it if somebody could help me wit this urgent problem I have. A person who drafted a previous document put company info in a vertica manner instead of a horizontal matter. For instance, this worker pu data for two companies, Newco Pictures and Sysco Foods, like this: Newco Inc. John Travers 22 West Elm Street Huntington Beach, CA 92660 Phone: (949) 290-3920 Fax: (949) 231-2093 Email: Travers@earthlink.net Sysco Foods Jane Smith 5432 Westbard Ave. Costa Mesa, CA 92625 Phone: (949) 990-2039 Fax: (949) 420-2093 Email: Jsmith@hotmail.com I would like to effic...

PLEASE HELP: Send email from Access with data in email body
Hi All, How can I send email from access with data displayed in the email body? I have a button "Email users" in access custom form that sends email to all the users, But I dont know how to send them their particular schedule only. For eg: Here is what My Table looks like: Users Day Time User1 M 13:00 User2 M 14:00 User3 T 15:00 User1 T 16:00 User3 W 17:00 User4 W 18:00 User4 Th 13:00 So basically, When I click "Email Users" Button, I want all the users to receive their respective schedules onl...

Automatically Updating Excel Data In Word Doc Inside Excel File
I have inserted a "Word" object icon into an Excel file (Tab 1) and then used paste link to display data updates from other tabs in the same Excel file in the Word document that is in Tab 1. I am looking for a way to have the links from the Excel Tab 1 file that are in the Word file automatically updated and independent of the Excel filename. Problem is that when I put the Word document icon into the Excel file, open it, paste link data from the same Excel file and then rename the Excel file later the links are not automatically reflecting the new Excel name. The new Exce...

Running a Macro depending on Validation List Selection
Is there a way to run a Macro depending on the result of a validation list selection? I have a list of store names with specific number of techs. I select Shop A and Macro 1 Runs I select Shop B and Macro 2 Runs, etc. What I want to accomplish is depending on the value in a cell, it will run the specific Macro. Any help is appreciated and Thank you in advance for the help. Fester Fester Assuming A1 has the DV drop-down. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) On Error GoTo enditall Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then Select Cas...

Leading Zeros are lost when importing spreadsheet data
I am importing data from an Excel spreadsheet into a .Net DataTable using the following code: // conn string Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source={0};Extended Properties="Excel 8.0" OleDbConnection conn = new OleDbConnection(String.Format(this.ExcelConnString, ofd.FileName)); OleDbCommand cmd = new OleDbCommand(this.SpreadsheetSelect, conn); OleDbDataAdapter da = new OleDbDataAdapter(cmd); DataTable dtAHMOrders = new DataTable(); da.Fill(dtAHMOrders); The data comes across fine except for zip codes with leading zeros in which case the leading zeros are lost. I have tried ...

Skipping every other data element when charting
When I am charting it is skipping every other data element/row. So for example if I have sally with 40% and then Joe with 70% and then Mary with 80% it only lists Sally and Mary on the chart but shows the bar for Joe, just doesn't list his name under the bar. Why is that? Hi, Double click the category axis and on the scale tab make sure the setting of 'Number of Categories between tick mark labels' is 1. Cheers Andy flegendre wrote: > When I am charting it is skipping every other data element/row. So for > example if I have sally with 40% and then Joe with 70% and th...

Validation list question
Hi, Is it possible to show only values in a validation list. The validation show blanks at the bottom of the list due to the values being the result of a formula. Can the name created which is used in the source field be altered perhaps? If you dont have blank cells in between try the below in Data validation >List>Source =OFFSET($J$1,,,COUNTIF($J:$J,"?*")) -- Jacob "Gotroots" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to show only values in a validation list. The validation show > blanks at the bottom of the list due to the values...

analysing data from files set
Hi. I have a billing system using Excel 2003 and I stored all my invoice files ( about 1000) into a folder. I would like to analysed data from this files set. For example I'd like to know: how many bills are headed to the customer "A"? What about the sales of the customer "A"? How many times I sold the items "X" to the customer "A"? How many times I sold the items "X" to all my customer? Some data fied are stored in the same cell for all the files ( i.e. "Customer Name" field is in E13 for all my bills). How can I do this...

Locking object to data points
How can I lock an arrow & text to a particular data point? In a time series graph, every time I add new dates, currently the arrows pointing to particular data points for particular dates have to be moved manually. On Jan 28, 10:00=A0am, CheriC <Che...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I lock an arrow & text to a particular data point? =A0In a time s= eries > graph, every time I add new dates, currently the arrows pointing to > particular data points for particular dates have to be moved manually. Here is onne way which doesn't do exactly want...

charting non-adjacent data cells
Using Excel 2003. It seems that there is a limit of 5 or 6 non-adjacent cells that can be selected to display on a single chart. Am I missing something, or is that true? The user has put the data labels in alphabetical order and wants to chart different groups of those items together. I seem to run into trouble when the group he wants to chart has more than 6 components. Hi, It's not so much the number of non contiguous ranges but rather the length of the address it creates in conjunction with the 1024 limit to the series formula. Series formula for a chart based on data in...