Disabling formulas and turning file into text only

I have a workbook in which there are formulas that pull through from other
workbooks. I want to make the workbook so that it doesnt ask me to update the
formulas everytime and make it so that only the values show up(formulas are
no longer needed once computed) Is there a way to do that besides copying and
pasting as special?
0
Christine (97)

Not 100% sure, but I think you can do this by going
edit/links/break links.

0
james9192 (9)
4/1/2005 12:23:14 AM
hi.. u can copy the copy cells in do a paste sp. but only paste values only..
hope this help

"Christine" wrote:

> I have a workbook in which there are formulas that pull through from other
> workbooks. I want to make the workbook so that it doesnt ask me to update the
> formulas everytime and make it so that only the values show up(formulas are
> no longer needed once computed) Is there a way to do that besides copying and
> pasting as special?
0
Nagar1 (2)
4/1/2005 3:05:04 AM
Hi Christine,
Your question seems ambiguous  to me,  like is there another way to walk
without walking.  Did you have something specific in mind.

I think perhaps you are asking if you can skip the using
the Selecta All (Ctrl+A), then Copy (Ctrl+C) then  Edit, Paste Special, Values

You can record a macro, and then invoke that macro. or what it  does
in another macro that goes through each of the sheets.
There have been postings on that.  do a Google Groups search on:
      convert entire workbook to values group:*excel*

 http://groups.google.co.uk/advanced_group_search?q=convert+entire+workbook+to+values+group:*Excel*&num=100&hl=en&lr=

--or--

 http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?as_q=convert%20entire%20workbook%20to%20values&safe=images&as_ugroup=*Excel*&lr=&num=100&hl=en

If you want something to automatically determine when this macro is to run
to change to entire workbook to values then there has to be some manner
so that it is known when you are finished collecting data.

Getting Started with Macros

Macro to cycle through sheets collection
 http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sheets.htm

---
HTH,

"Nagar" <Nagar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95B5F2D9-D0E3-41A1-BF10-CF5385FBB383@microsoft.com...
> hi.. u can copy the copy cells in do a paste sp. but only paste values only..
> hope this help
>
> "Christine" wrote:
>
> > I have a workbook in which there are formulas that pull through from other
> > workbooks. I want to make the workbook so that it doesnt ask me to update the
> > formulas everytime and make it so that only the values show up(formulas are
> > no longer needed once computed) Is there a way to do that besides copying and
> > pasting as special?

0
dmcritchie (2586)

Photos embedded in body of text?
Hi, When I send emails with a photo attached, it puts a placeholder in the body of my text, but the photo is received as an attachment so it has to be physically opened up to be seen. Is there a way of sending the photo so that it's embedded into the body of the text so it shows up when the person opens it? Thanks, Pete Are you sending the mail in HTML format? "Pete Stolz" <eyes_up@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:LWirf.39391$q%.33332@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com... > Hi, > When I send emails with a photo attached, it puts a placeholder in the > body ...

Reading a 2007 .PST file with 2002 Outlook?
I left my job which was using 2007 Outlook and before I left they exported my contatcs to a 2007 .PST file. I have no access to a 2007 version of Outlook. My personal machine is using 2002 Outlook and when I try to import my .PST file I get the following not compatible with this version of the personal folders information service. How can I resolve this? Thanks Hi ???, you will need Outlook 2003 or 2007 to open a "unicode" PST file. Unicode is the "new" format for Outlook 2003 and 2007 PST file. You can not read a "unicode" PST file with older Outlook versi...

entering multiple command formulas
I need to enter a formula that will subtract two cells without getting a negative, then divide that number by 2. Any suggestions? Try this =IF((A2>A1),0,IF(((A1-A2)/2)<0,0,A1-A2/2)) This will result in required answer or 0 "lilprintesa1028" wrote: > I need to enter a formula that will subtract two cells without getting a > negative, then divide that number by 2. Any suggestions? Does this work for you: =Abs(A1-B1)/2 -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so a...

how to turn on teh web client for Exchange...
We have some users who want to access their Exchange email remotely using a web browser. We had this set up at one point and it was working fine quite some time ago. Now, for some reason it is not. What are the steps to turn this on in Exchange? Thanks, Brad What happens when you go to https://<mailserver>/exchange ? -- - Ahmed Jalal "Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote in message news:uceZ83TbGHA.472@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > We have some users who want to access their Exchange email remotely using > a web browser. We had this set up at one poi...

Text wrap in merged cells
Is there a way to get text to wrap in cells that have been merged. Example: A2:C2 are merged cells to get the width needed. Text is placed in A2 that is greater length than the merged cells. I would like the text to wrap but can not seem to get that to happen if cells have been merged. Hi Chuck If the merged cells are A1:C1 and your text is longer than the merged cells, then try merging cells A1:C2 and also ticking the wrap cells, and the unseen text will apper on row 2. Yours, Mathew "Chuck Dorn" <c.dorn@gwccnet.com> wrote in message news:1df501c3e041$07386ba0$a50128...

How to use first row of delimited file for field names when importing ?
Hi, I have XP Office. I want to import a tab delimited file into excel. I want to use the first row of the delimited file for field names. I thought there's an option for excel to do this during an import. But I see no option for this. How is this done? Thanks. Can't you just insert a row at the top of the worksheet when the import is complete? -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware . (List Files XL add-in: finds and lists files/folders with hyperlinks) . "goldtech" <goldtech@worldpost.com> wrote in message news:75bcd914...

Query Formula error. Help!
I entered this into a query. It says it is to complex or typed incorrect. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Thank you in advance. Paperwork Expires: IIf([ClassroomID]="Kool Kidz" And (Format([Date],"mmdd")>901),DateSerial(Year([Date])- (CLng(Format([Date],"mmdd"))>901),9,1),DateAdd("yyyy",1,[Date])) Do you have a field named Date? Poor if you do, can cause problems as it is a reserved word. Is it a DateTime datatype? Format([Date],"mmdd") for a DateTime field will result in 1001 for today (10/01/2007). You have a single I...

unbound text box filter by form on Split Form
I have a split form, with several unbound text boxes, which I would normally use as a filter by form type function. the query has criteria bound to these text boxes. My problem is that I cannot seem to get the mouse to focus on the unbound text boxes on this split form. when i click in the unbound filter by form text box, the focus immediately moves to the first text box that is bound to data on the form. Is there a solution to this, or if this is an unknown problem to anyone else, then i will try recreating my split form in a different way. if it is a problem, then any idea...

DBCS chars garbled in downloaded CSV file
We have an application which allows the download of reports in a CSV (Comma separated values) format. If the data contains DBCS characters, the characters do no display correctly when opened in ms excel. Any suggestions are welcome. thanx. ...

Help with formula 01-04-10
I have data and a formula like below. I'm trying to adjust the formula to count the # of rows that have a value in Column A that is = to cell A2 on my OST_Raw_Data sheet and where the value in Column C on my OST_Raw_Data sheet = "Tier 1". The formula is not on the OST_Raw_Data sheet and "A2" is on the same sheet as the formula. I believe the part of the formula that references A2 is correct, but I'm having problems with the rest. I'm using Excel 2003 and I need to keep the Subtotal to allow for consideration of filtered rows. Can someone help? ...

Copying formula from one sheet to another
This should be simple, but I keep getting it wrong. In a single workbook, I have two sheets, "MASTER" and "Diagram." A cell in "MASTER" has a number in it, say "050009," and I want to copy it to "Diagram." So I insert in the proper cell of "Diagram" the formula, "=MASTER!H519." What I want to display is the content of that cell, not it's formula. If I change the contents of the cell in "MASTER," I want the new value to automatically appear in "Diagram," not its formula. Can someone help? Thanx, Ray D...

How do I back-up my data files to a CD?
I cannot fine a back-up , and Help told me I had to download a backup tool. Is this necessary or can I do it another way? I am using Microsoft XP Outlook 2003. Locate your pst-file and burn it to CD when Outlook is closed. Also see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "LLark" <LLark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A036A862-7E72-4DBC-8F44-0AFEF903E54A@microsoft.co...

Converting files
I'm looking to convert a file from .pub to either .jpeg or .pdf...can anyone help? thanx Use Adobe Acrobat. (I know there are some lower cost options out there but I use the real thing.) You can save your file as a .gif, can't you? "Rick Alvarado" <ralvarado@kerncasa.org> wrote in message news:051801c37e2c$523b88c0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I'm looking to convert a file from .pub to either .jpeg > or .pdf...can anyone help? > > thanx Have a look at the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/office/using/column16.asp -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft ...

BMP file in OUTLOOK 2000
I used to be able to put a animated file in my Outlook2000 message. When a person received my message, the file would should up in the message. Now when I send the message, the file shows up as a attachment. Is their something else I need to do, or Out2000 change where you cannot do it anymore? Change your message format to HTML and choose Insert-> Picture to insert your gif-file -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "bdowns" <bdowns@one.net> wrote in message new...

Issues with linking to exported source files
We recently loaded excel 2007 onto my PC at work, but kept excel 03 on it as the default program since the rest of the company still uses excel 03. I noticed that now my links do not work. Most of my excel reporting is done as a shell summary workbook that links to multiple source files that have been exported from our database interface. (These can be exported as .xls or ..xl5) Before loading in 07, all of my source files were exported as .xls and worked fine. Now, even though I've totally removed excel 07 from my pc and unistalled/ reinstalled 03, the links will not ...

To read the files from a particular folder
Hi, I want to read some file names within a particular folder . How do i do it.Is there any API for that. "lucky" <Laxmanmaruthy@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I want to read some file names within a particular folder . How do i do >it.Is there any API for that. You want to browse through the files in a folder? Look at the CFileFind class (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcmfc98/html/_mfc_Class_Library_Reference_Introduction.asp) -- Tim Slattery MS MVP(DTS) Slattery_T@bls.gov http://members.cox.net/slatteryt ...

Trying to add a formula
As part of my macro i have this block of data where i need to insert 3 lines whenever the contents of column B changes. I have tried various formats of inserting a calculation, all to no avail, where i have the string of question marks. Basically i want to insert a formula that sums up that column from the first row to the last row that has the same value in column B. the variable firstrow will have the first row number and the vairlabe i will have last riow number LastRow = Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(Rows.Count, 1)).End(xlDown).Row FirstRow = 4 For i = 4 To LastRow If Cel...

Backing up Outlook files #4
I want to back up my Outlook Contacts, calendar, and various mail folders, inbox etc. Where do I find them and how do I know I have saved the right ones. Dermot, you wrote on Mon, 27 Mar 2006 07:50:57 -0500: > I want to back up my Outlook Contacts, calendar, and various mail folders, > inbox etc. > Where do I find them and how do I know I have saved the right ones. http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Best Regards Christian Goeller ...

sync of large excel files will not completly transfer
When I transfer a large excel spreed sheet not all the file will transfer over. I thought that it might be related to the size of the memory however it will not copy directly on to a 1 gig memory card either. Is there a setting that is limiting the size of the file? any ideas would be appreicated. -- Thank you ! ...

is there a dos command that works like xcopy but compares file sizes or last modified dates?
I use xcopy to backup large amounts of data from three different parent folders to a 2nd hdd. It works great, but I would like to use a more efficient method of only backing up files that are a different size, have a different last modified date, or don't already exist, so no files that haven't been modified since the last backup will be copied again. Is there a DOS command similar to XCopy that will allow me to do this? I like using DOS commands because they are fast. On 9/3/2010 3:36 PM, Mike S wrote: > I use xcopy to backup large amounts of data from three differen...

MIN function in array formula
Hello, I have created an array formula with a MAX array formula with 2 criteria, which works fine. However, when I change the function to MIN, I always get the result 0. this works fine: {max((a2:a20=1)*(b2:b20=2)*c2:c20)} result gives 75 But this one doesnt:: {min((a2:a20=1)*(b2:b20=2)*c2:c20)} result gives 0, but it should give 19 A B C 1 1 2 50 2 1 2 75 3 1 3 99 4 2 2 ...

Cannot Output .MDI Files
I cannot seem to find a solution yet even after searching the web. I am able to view .tif and .mdi files through the Microsoft Office Document Image Viewer. I am able to output a .tif file when I have the printing preferences setup to that. However, when I try to output a .mdi file, Office asks where to save as, it then spools, but then disappears. It doesn't save on the desktop (or other folders selected). Do you know where the issue is? ...

Numbers to text
I am trying to produce (Using Excel 2002 XP) a time card. I need a day of the week, which I have retrieved using the WEEKDAY function. That give me the day of the week in a number. Now I need to convert that number into the actual day of the week. I've tried using a nested function first for the weekday and then VLOOKUP to convert that number to an actual day of the week, but I have not been successful. Is there an easier way? Yes: =TEXT(A1,"dddd") -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please. "Lorrie" <lwhite@jonesvargas.com> wrot...

Conditional Formula 06-01-10
I am fairly new to using formulas but want a formula to do the following: A B C 1 10 5 6 2 9 9 3 Figures entered into column A & B & Formula in column C. Formula for C1 is A1 + B1 - A2 Help for the below The formula for C2 is A2 + B2 - C3 but if C2 = A2 I want the value to be 0 Please help Yeroc <Yeroc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am fairly new to using formulas but want a formula to do the > following: > > A B C > 1 10 5 6 > 2 9 9 > 3 > > Figur...

Copy/Send files by network
I've been creating C/S application but I've been wondering how to install client module direct by network from server module (I don't want to install it manually). Main problem is, how to send/copy installation files by network from server module. It is possible to take advantage with administrative shares i.e.: Connect to the host (WNetAddConnection2), Check, if ADMIN$ is available (i.e.: NetShareGetInfo ), Copy files, Execute install file or something else to do, Disconnect (WNetCancelConnection2). Problem is, when administrative shares are disabled. What can I do then ? Pe...