Difference in Times

This is my first post so hello everyone and thankyou in advance for any
assistance you can provide.

The diffuclty I am having is as follows:

I have a spreadsheet containing two times

8:45 and 9:45

I need to find the difference in the two times as a decimal but also as
a fraction of an hour..

for these times the answer I need is 0.25 not 0.15. i.e. a quarter of
an hour

Can anyone help?

--
bcbjork
bcbjork's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26665

See response in other group.

--

HTH

RP

"bcbjork" <bcbjork.1udbuc_1125054308.215@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:bcbjork.1udbuc_1125054308.215@excelforum-nospam.com...

> This is my first post so hello everyone and thankyou in advance for any
> assistance you can provide.
>
> The diffuclty I am having is as follows:
>
> I have a spreadsheet containing two times
>

> 8:45 and 9:45
>
> I need to find the difference in the two times as a decimal but also as
> a fraction of an hour..
>
> for these times the answer I need is 0.25 not 0.15. i.e. a quarter of
> an hour
>
> Can anyone help?
>

> --
> bcbjork
> bcbjork's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26665
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399414

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
8/26/2005 11:36:01 AM
which thread in what group.

--
bcbjork
bcbjork's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26665
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399414

I assumed that you knew where you posting all these questions.

It was 'Difficult time question' in worksheet.functions.

You should probably read http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm so as to
help us help you.

--

HTH

RP

"bcbjork" <bcbjork.1udhed_1125061510.6228@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:bcbjork.1udhed_1125061510.6228@excelforum-nospam.com...

> which thread in what group.
>

> --
> bcbjork
> bcbjork's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26665
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399414

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
8/26/2005 1:47:36 PM
When I deleted my original thread there was no reply.  I deleted th
original so that there would not be a duplicate of my question.

And as for the user guide.  Which of the 35 points do you suggest m
thread does not satisfy. I have found one...I didn't specify that I wa
using Word 2000.

Help us to help you:

I this five word response your idea of help?

-"See response in other group."

--
bcbjor
bcbjork's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2666
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39941

I posted to the other thread, and decline to get into a slanging match with
you, so I will leave you to work it out for yourself in peace.

"bcbjork" <bcbjork.1udpqd_1125072309.2419@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:bcbjork.1udpqd_1125072309.2419@excelforum-nospam.com...

> When I deleted my original thread there was no reply.  I deleted the
> original so that there would not be a duplicate of my question.
>
> And as for the user guide.  Which of the 35 points do you suggest my
> thread does not satisfy. I have found one...I didn't specify that I was
> using Word 2000.
>

> Help us to help you:
>
> I this five word response your idea of help?
>
> -"See response in other group."-
>

> --
> bcbjork
> bcbjork's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26665
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399414

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
8/26/2005 4:54:30 PM
=if(a11,if(b11,j11-i11,""),"")

=(a11-int(a11))*2

--
bcbjor
bcbjork's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2666
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39941

Creation Time of files on an FTP server
Hello, i need to get the creation time of files on a FTP server. I wrote the following code: CTime Cr_Time; CFtpFileFind m_find(m_pFtpConnection); BOOL bf = m_find.FindFile( filename, INTERNET_FLAG_RELOAD); //works BOOL bt = m_find.GetCreationTime(Cr_Time); // dos not work CTime Dat_server_datei stays "empty". I suppose GetCreationTime has to be linked to the server file, but i dont know how to do it. Thanks for any clue! Kai Sandner "Kai Sandner" <ks@polycolor.de> wrote in message news:90d2d290.0501291815.4500d1b5@posting.google.com... > Hello, >...

2 different Deleted Items folders??
Decided to try Outlook after years with OE. Set up email and news accounts. Imported messages from OE. When I open Outlook, show Folders, I see Outlook Today - [Personal Folders], Deleted Items, Inbox, etc. I emptied the Deleted Items folder. Then, View, Goto, News, show Folders, I see Outlook Newsreader, Local Folders, then most of the same folders that I see under Personal Folders in the Outlook window, including another Deleted Items folder, and this one isn't empty. Where did I go wrong? Al The Outlook Newsreader is actually Outlook Express which maintains its own folder...

cannot restore pst files.... heartattack time
For the first time I archived Outlook Today and my Personal Folders, date of today. I did not know it all would be swept away into the dungeon... I also have a separate (automatic) Outlook.pst file (304.049 KB years of research) which is still keeping up with the clock... but I cannot restore any of them. The only thing has been the duplicating of Outlook Today Folders (NOT Personal folders), but all folders are empty except for Contacts and Calendar. I have used the wizard and also followed the instructions below... no postive results. I use Windows ME and Outlook 2000. please help! jopie ...

Administration Time
We are currently evaluating whether or not to move to an internal mail server, Exchange 2007. We currently have pop accounts hosted by Web.com and have had several service interruptions over the past few months. How much administration time should be allocated to support 75 users per week, month, year? Just something to figure in for the total cost of operations. On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:06:03 -0700, Elliott <Elliott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are currently evaluating whether or not to move to an internal mail >server, Exchange 2007. We currently have pop accounts h...

Time Offset by One Hour
This one's strange to me. I have one client in my organization that when he sends a meeting request out or (to test this theory) he sends himself an email it shows that it showed up using the correct date but it says it showed an hour earlier. His system time is set correctly (we're in CST) and when we look at the properties of his Outlook client\Calendar Options it too shows he's in CST and it gives up the correct time/date. Where am I not looking to get this fixed? Any reply would be greatly appreciated - the digitaljanit...

Calculate the number of seconds between two times
I need to calculate how many seconds are between two times, e.g. 8:08 AM start time and 8:44 AM stop time so I can use the result in a formula. The start and stop times are in neighboring columns. The formula would be result= number of counts / (Stop time-Start time) in seconds to give me a result in counts/second. On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:24:01 -0700, Budda Belly <Budda Belly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to calculate how many seconds are between two times, e.g. 8:08 AM >start time and 8:44 AM stop time so I can use the result in a formula. > >Th...

Exchange 5.5 Server System Time
Hi All Our Exchange servers system time is out about 20 minutes. Will adjusting the time have any adverse effects? I am worried that changing the time will have a negative effect on the databases. Thanks for your reply, Rene Nope won't hurt a thing. Might want to set up a time sync though... "Rene Ouellette" <ouellette@nospam.com> wrote in message news:1Agbc.900$B16.781@edtnps89... > Hi All > > Our Exchange servers system time is out about 20 minutes. Will adjusting > the time have any adverse effects? I am worried that changing the time will > hav...

Is there any way to designate one POS station to use different tax
Is there any way to designate one POS station to use different tax? We use zipcodes for customer account numbers, so I cannot use customer taxes. For example customer (zipcode) 22201 is taxable at 7% on POS1 and taxable at 8% on POS2. -- Biloxi hi Biloxi, Are you using the one instance of DB for the both POS if it is then I would say you need to do some customization at the POS level if using different db then possible. "Biloxi" wrote: > Is there any way to designate one POS station to use different tax? We use > zipcodes for customer account numbers, so I cannot u...

How to select different cells with only keyboard movements
How to select different cells with only keyboard movements in Excel? Trish Use: 1. the ENTER key 2. the TAB key 3. the arrow keys all without the mouse to go to a "remote" location without the mouse: CNTRG-g and then type the address. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007b "Trish" wrote: > How to select different cells with only keyboard movements in Excel? > > Trish > > > Better yet, look up keyboard shortcuts in help, and you will find a multitude of ways to navigate using the keyboard. On Dec 9, 6:04 am, "Trish" <Nobody...

Time/Date stamp in Outlook 2003 msgs.
My friend with 2003 has reported another oddity to me which is that the time & date stamp on her messages seems not to have changed with daylight savings time (i.e. they are 1 hour behind). She says the system clock did automatically change. My question--does Outlook really have anything to do with the time/date stamp or is this just a function of the mail servers involved? TIA. -- ------------------------------------------- Stephen Porter Los Angeles, CA Check calendar options "Stephen Porter" <stp@pobox.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1ae37d24b618934c98969a@m...

Excel file takes a long time to save
I have a 1,000 x 15 straight worksheet with no formulas - about 100K. I went to auto-format a pattern, but didn't select the area and if formatted the entire spreadsheet. It's since gone from 5 seconds to 60 seconds per save and I can't reverse this, even by changing the auto-format setting to "none." I'm backed-up, but the current version is about three hours ahead and it will take longer to retrace the work by hand. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ben Try resetting the last used cell. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Un...

Run-Time Error 28
when I used item for sale on POS more than 100, after F12 and then input tender type I have Error #28 out of stack space (source:QSRules) Set Nocount on select item.itemtype, item.parentItem. Item.ParentQuantity, Item.Quantity.............. From Item Where ID=? -My CPU : 1.7 GHz, RAM 256 -My CPU : 2.0 GHz, RAM 512 Both have Error Plase everyone help me.... -_-'' -- TOY2TOY -- TOY2TOY ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the ...

How to insertfile with different encoding
When i want to import a textfile in MSWord 2003 i take het following staps: Insert > file If the file extention is not recognized there wil be a pop-up to choose the file coding. In my case i use MS-DOS because there are several lines drawn in the document which i want to insert. After inserting the result is ok. Now i want to do the same in VBA. I recorded a Macro with the steps above: Selection.InsertFile FileName:="tweede aanlevering 20091120.tmp", Range:= _ "", ConfirmConversions:=False, Link:=False, Attachment:=False Selection.WholeSt...

Sending mail for different domains through different IP's
I have searched with Google and looked through newgroups but have not found the answer to my following question. I have seen similar questions, but none that describe my exact situation, although it must be quite common. Assumptions: - I have 2 internet-domains, let's call them ABC.com and 123.com - I have 2 NT login domain accounts. One with e-mail aliasses for domain ABC.com and one for domain 123.com - I also have 5 IP addresses configured on the network-card from the server, let's call them IP1 through IP5. All addresses are sequential on the same subnet - I want outgoing message...

Charts and data tables different info
I want 6 lines of data in my table, but only 3 of those 6 lines in my chart- how to I do that? Hi, You need to include all 6 in the chart in order to populate the data table. You can then format 3 to have no Line style. This will remove them from the chart. You can also remove individual legend entries by selecting and deleting them. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "loller" <loller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A674EC69-01E6-491A-BDBF-925A6AB35565@microsoft.com... >I want 6 lines of data in my table, but o...

formatting is incorrect when viewing in different zoom except for 75%
Here's a strange one for you guys... I'm using Office XP and currently working on a couple of excel spreadsheets. When I have the zoom set to 75% everything looks correct, exactly like the print out. However if I change my zoom to anything else besides 75% some of the text goes over to the next column. It's pretty irrarting sometimes becuase if I have it set to 100% I'd usually spend time playing with the column width to get everything to fit and in acctuality I don't have to becuase it looks correct when printed out and when in 75% zoom. Any ideas? This sounds like a ...

What's the difference between MFC, AFC, WFC, ActiveX
What's the difference between MFC, AFC, WFC, etc..., and all those other 3 letter acronyms (and ActiveX) which to me is just one lump right now I call the Microsoft Windows Operating System. ....Which to me means I can make a call to this routine because it already exists somewhere in the Microsoft Windows Operating System. I assume (probably incorrectly) the operating system is broken down into chunks and each chunk is given it's own name. Is there a diagram somewhere that puts it all together and sorts it out? MFC is a framework for creating Windows programs. It is a very th...

vc++ different basic types
Recently i downloaded a wireless card vc++ open source project from http://wire.cs.nthu.edu.tw/wire1x/wire1x_2_2_src.zip but when i build the project in vc++ 2005 i got 5 errors : 1>d:\sourceforge\wire1x_2_2_src\wpa.h(80) : error C2371: 'NDIS_802_11_KEY' : redefinition; different basic types 1> c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\ntddndis.h(914) : see declaration of 'NDIS_802_11_KEY' 1>d:\sourceforge\wire1x_2_2_src\cm_func.h(156) : error C2371: 'NDIS_802_11_REMOVE_KEY' : redefinition; different basic types 1> c:\...

Signatures for different accts
This is a repost since my subject line was chopped.... I have 4 different email accounts set-up in my Outlook (which is great!), but now I need to assign a different signature to each account. In other words, I'd like the automated signature for my personal email address to be different from the automated signature of my business email address. Is it possible to do that? Yes. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted withou...

Need help figuring out differences
between Windows Excel 2000 and 2002 XP. Any ideas? From the Excel 2002 Help file: ================================== What's New in Excel 2002 Key new features in Microsoft Excel Importing data Querying data from Web pages Now it's even easier to get refreshable data from the Web into Excel for viewing and analysis. Use the new browser-like interface to visually select tables on Web pages for import into Excel, or copy data from a Web page and create a refreshable query. Web queries included with Excel provide fast, accurate information such as stock quotes for your spreadsheet...

Copy folders from one account to a different one
Can i copy folders from one account to a different one? I don't/can't merge anything, but I need to get some files from one account to a different one. There are quite a few or I'd just forward them to my other account. I do have that account forwardinng to the other one now, but these emails that I need were sent prior to that. Thanks for any help! "Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D21ED0B8-62D2-4195-8AA4-33820FF60BD8@microsoft.com... > Can i copy folders from one account to a different one? I don't/can't m...

Limit the time viewing a spreadsheet
I want to make a sheet visible for a certain amount of time (15 mins then to make it invisible (hidden). Is there a way of building in timer to a spreadsheet -- Lynxbci ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lynxbci3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1037 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26459 Try the below code unhides and hides Sheet2. --------------- Paste all into a module --------------- Public Declare Function SetTimer Lib "user32" ( _ ByVal HWnd As Long, ByVal...

Formula Result is different from the shown result
In the Function Arguments dialog the official Formula Result is different (and wrong) from the result shown after "=" just under the Serial number field. I am using the Year formula. Whatever formatting I use for the date neither this formula nor Text to Columns can return the correct year. EG: Date is 15-05-07 or 39217, Forumula Result = 1905 but under serial number field it shows the correct result of = 2007 Dan, This question; at least to me, isn't clear. What are you entering and where and what is the formula you are referring to? If you enter something ...

Adding hours to a date and time
I want to add a number of hours to a date and a time and have Excel give me the resulting date and time. For example: 1st Dec 2004 13:00 Add 48 hours Result: 3rd Dec 2004 13:00 What is the formula that I need for this? =A1+48/24 HTH. Best wishes Harald "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:EB69CA00-5702-423B-9874-B3E0B25E3DDB@microsoft.com... > I want to add a number of hours to a date and a time and have Excel give me > the resulting date and time. For example: > > 1st Dec 2004 13:00 > > Add 48 hours > > Result: 3rd Dec...

HAVING / Where time count / excluding any instance
Greetings this almost New Year's Eve, I have a set of data with open and close dates (for one person). I want to calculate the duration the person was open. But I can't do [close] - [open] because some of the closures are errors--you can identify an error if the next open date is the next month. For example, 5/16/2000 closures is an error--because reopened 6/27/2000. So really, I want to subtract 1/1/2000 date from final closure of that period--which is 4/25/02 Open Close 2/15/1990 4/20/1992 8/1/1995 11/12/1995 1/1/2000 5/16/2000 6/27/2000 12/7/2001 1/4/2002 4/...