Detect & Repair Question Please

I am running XPPro & Office 2000 Small Business edition.  Every so often
Outlook refuses to start & I must run "detect & repair" and that fixes it
okay (I still don't know what's causing this however).  My question is:
when I chose "detect & repair" I an asked to put in my original installation
disc.  This is a pain.  Surely whatever detect & repair is looking for can
be installed on my hard drive so I don't have to keep going back to the
install disc.  Help please.

Thanks in advance... Bob

0
bobnewman (31)

Future Task Entry Question
I have Outlook 2003. I want to enter tasks that I will do in the future, let's say in a month. I don't want to have that task show up in the task list on Outlook Today, as it would be too far in the future. Is there some way -- maybe a "reminder" (whatever that is) -- that I could enter the future task but not have it show up in Outlook Today until a week before I need to undertake the task? Thanks. Pedro -- To contact me directly by email, please remove the words "NO" and "SPAM" from the reply address above. You can use "Active Tasks f...

total newbee help, please
hi I've got the job to make a simple folder 4-side folder in A5-format. It most be a A4-paper folded once and writings on side 1 and 3. The writings I have as 2 doc-documents (not in size of A5). How do I do make this folder ? (I have WindowsXPpro, Publisher2000 and a good HP-printer) -- erik Denmark A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from erik <fox44REMOVETHIS@c.dk>!"... > I've got the job to make a simple folder 4-side folder in A5-format. > It most be a A4-paper folded once and writings on side 1 and 3. > The writings I have ...

DIALOG BASED APP question: multiple windows
Hi, I have a dialog based application, and normally this means the InitInstance looks like this: BOOL CMyApp::InitInstance() { CDialog1 dlg1; m_pMainWnd = &dlg1; int nResponse = dlg1.DoModal() if( nResponse==IDOK ) { ... } return FALSE; } I however have several CDialog based windows. Each of these have initialization that take up alot of memory (this is actually running on a WinCE device). So switching between these dialog windows, should not be done from within another dialog window. Rather, I am looking at this solution instead, but want to ...

IMF question #3
I am wondering about IMF and something I was told at a conference about how it works. I was told if you have connection filtering enabled along with IMF. And you set an exception in connection filtering then it automatically bypasses IMF. Is this correct? I have not tested yet but just wanted to know what everyone thinks Since Connection filtering happens first, then Sender, then Reciepient, then spf, then finally IMF (if you have them all enabled) Yes this is basically true. The IMFv2 operations guide includes a description of how these filters work together. However this is not ...

4.0 Duplicate Detection Permissions
How are duplicates handled when a user does not have permissions to see records not owned by them? Hi, Duplicate rules takes only those records into consideration on which user have atleast read permission. This should be considered while designing/configuring the CRM system. If you are setting duplicate detection rule on entity, then all users who have have create/update permission on that entity should have Organization level read access on that entity. Otherwise duplicate records would be created in the system and user would not be notified about that. Please let me know if you req...

Interesting Counting Question...HELP
I work in Recreation and thought that excel might be able to help us. Here is the background. I am running a sports league. Each week teams play and results are sent to us to post. Players that were penalized during the game are put onto a list and if they are penalized 3 times within 5 weeks they are suspended. Here is my question. Is there a formula in excel that would allow me to determine the 3 time offenders automatically. Example: Ted 5/29 Jay 6/5 David 6/5 John 6/12 Gustavo 6/12 Greg 6/12 Ernesto 6/26 Robert 6/26 Gustavo 6/26 Joel 7/10 Gustavo 7/10 Greg 7/10 Jose 7/24 Gus...

2 questions - Missing 'Windows Key'
1.) My R51 ThinkPad - XP Pro SP2 - does not have a 'Windows Key'. Is there a way to map an unused key to give it the functionality of the a 'Windows Key'? If so, is there a 'how-to' posted someplace? 2.) I recall reading a while back that IE8 had to be uninstalled prior to applying SP3. Have not seen that requirement in any of the SP3 upgrade cookbooks. Is that still a requirement / concern? Thanks. Teflon wrote: > 1.) My R51 ThinkPad - XP Pro SP2 - does not have a 'Windows Key'. Is > there a way to map an unused key to give it th...

Desingner question
Hi may i know which course i will need to study to become a professional database designer. i want to be a consultant for it and also design it for at lest small businesses. thanks Self study is probably by far your best bet. We have seen over and over here posters who said they completed one or more courses and were disapointed with what they had learned. There are some excellent self study books out there. Spend time creating an outline of whtat you think you need to know then post your outline here for comments. Once you have a solid outline, then come back again for recomme...

Exchange 2007 Send connector question
Hello all Testing out EX 2007 I have installed the mail, hub and CA role on one server and the Edge role on another server. I have alos created an edge subscription file and imported this file to the hub server, and i ra nthe start-edgesubscription and got a success. Now If i want to create any additional send connectors on the Edge server i get an error that says i can only run this command on an AD attached machine, also i cant modify any send connectors on the edge server. So i created a send connector on the HUB server configured it and then forced synchronization, thinking tha...

Workflow question 11-01-06
Has anyone successfully created a workflow to read from a datasource and update fields or is this best accomplished with Scribe? You need to look at a tool like scribe is write your own using the sdk ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "chad.buser@ncsi.cc" <chadbuserncsicc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B39BDF3-E625-459F-8745-FB6416FFA803@microsoft.com... > Has anyone successfully created a workflow to read from a datasource and > update fields or is this best accomplished with Scribe? ...

I want to extend the formula to the WHOLE column. Help please.
Hello, I just want to extend my formula for the whole column, but dragging down doesn't work. (instead I get the same value as in the original cell repeated for the whole column). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -- baer Post the formula. Make sure the cell references do not have dollar signs to make them absolute and make sure you calculation is set to automatic or maybe use manual calculations and press F9 to calculate -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "baer" <elnara11DONTUSETHIS@yahoo.com.SPAMTRAP> wrote in message news:baer...

Protection Question
I have an Excel 2003 worksheet protected, with selected cells unlocked for editing. I just noted that while these cells can have values entered normally, comments cannot be entered. Is there another trick I missed. -- PT Protect the worksheet, but allow the user to edit objects (near the bottom of that list.) PT wrote: > > I have an Excel 2003 worksheet protected, with selected cells unlocked for > editing. I just noted that while these cells can have values entered > normally, comments cannot be entered. Is there another trick I missed. > > -- > > PT ...

Asset Allocation question
I spent time putting in the detailed percentages of holdings (small / mid / large / cash / bonds / other) into all of my mutual funds, then tried to use the Asset Allocation screen to get a more accurate picture of my holdings. Instead of using the more detailed numbers, it puts each fund into one category as a whole!! Making my time spent useless. Example - fund AAAAA - set to 50% large, 25% snall, 25% bonds, Asset Allocator places it in the category it thinks best - 100% assets in LARGE. Am I a) doing something wrong, or b) misunderstanding how this works (i.e. when people talk abou...

Another Printing Question
Hi Everyone, I just can't seem to wrap my head around this printing thing. What I am doing is creating a report that displays text, graphs (using a third party graph control), list of items and expandable list control / tree control hybrids. The problem I am facing is number of pages. I can't find a clean way to find the places where I would need to start a new page. Since what I am printing is not uniform data, I can't simply find the number of lines of text , multiply it by the line height, and divide by page height to find the number of pages. (a graph has no lines of text, a...

Simple formula help please...
This should be simple...but it's beyond my knowledge. I have column A (20 Drivers) Column B (position in race 1-20) I want column C to show points won based on the cell contents in adjacent cells in column B. Where first place (cell entry=1) gives 10 points, second (2) gives 8, third gives 6 down to 1pt for eigth place. 9th and below should give zero points. What formula should I be using in column C? Thanks for any help. Try: =MAX((B1<4)*(12-B1*2)+(B1>4)*(10-B1),0) -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailin...

Pivot table question #12
I have a workbook with multiple worksheets. One for each month of exactly the same data. I know you can use multiple ranges in a pivot table, but I am having issues that I can not figure out. The out put has row references and the field names are across the top. Any suggestions? Bart Hi, It's not clear what you want, but here is an idea: There is a way to do this using a very sophisticated query technique, but here is a tricky but easy way to do what I think you want: 1. It sounds like you already have creates your pivot table from Multiple Consolidation Ranges. So on the ...

2 basic Excel questions for you pro's
I am a very new user of Excel so bear with my "green-ness"; 1) I have been creating links throughout my 13 sheet workbook, now when I attempt to finish making these links today, the actual formula (=SUM(A36)) is populating into the cell and not my data???? 2) I have a section that I want users to be able to only select 1, like "choose only 1" in a survey. When you select 1 cell, your previous selection moves, etc. Thanks in advance for the help~ First basic question: If you enter a formula and it appears in both the formula bar and the cell, odds are Excel thinks ...

Formula question #16
Can you create a formula to pull from one worksheet to another, both within the same file? Yes, a simple example =Sheet2!A1 in other words just preced the cell ref with the sheet name and !. If the sheet has embedded spaces, enclose in single quotes, such as ='This Sheet'!A1 -- HTH Bob Phillips "Jeffrey" <Jeffrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3474FEF-D003-47B4-B193-5D8461C9F717@microsoft.com... > Can you create a formula to pull from one worksheet to another, both within > the same file? Jeffrey, Use a simple formula like the foll...

Newbie Question
Hello all, I am quite new to Microsoft CRM, actually very new! :) My first (of I am sure many) question is, is it a requirement for my server to be a domain controller to install Microsoft CRM? When I run the install, I receive an error indicating that I must be a member of the Domain Admins group to install the product. Yes, I am logged in as the admin. Can someone shed some light for me? -- Bob Mixon http://attunesystems.mywsssite.com Do You Collaborate? Hi Bob, MS CRM must be installed in a server which must be a member of a domain (Active Directory). Unless you're install...

Help please with cell colours
Hi all, hope you can help How do I get a cell to change to a colour if I type a number in it. ie type 1 in a cell and then I click off the cell turns to black. Many thanks Nigel Conditional formatting. See http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "NigelO" <nobg11154@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:LqzGh.62505$HO5.20592@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Hi all, hope you can help > > How do I get a cell to change to a colour if I type a number in it. &...

design question
How can you get rounded corners on a border LINE design instead of instead of the normal squared corners?? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Kent <dude43@aol.com>... > How can you get rounded corners on a border LINE design > instead of instead of the normal squared corners?? Use a Rounded Rectangle AutoShape? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Use the Quick Shapes and you can adjust the roundness of the corners...

Rounding Question
I have a table that has 3 elements that have been defined as Currency with 2 decimals. Everything worked in the queries perfectly. Now I have been told they no longer wish to have a decimal at all. I tried changing the definition to Double with 0 decimals. Then when I run my averaging query, I still get decimals and rounding. Ideas? Bunky In the underlying table change the currency's decimal property from Auto to 0. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Bunky" <Bunky@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Make Tabcontrol Visible Help...... please
I have a mainform (FrmIssues) with a combo box that when a selection is made in the box I need the appropriate tabcontrol page to become visible. Since I many different subforms attahced to my main table the tabcontrol has become confusing to the user. I was guided to the visible function by others but I am unsure how to make work properly. FrmIssues is my main form the tabcontrol currently only has a couple of pages that are not being reworked. The tabcontrol has on the first page FrmOrdering subform, second page FrmServicecall subform and on the third page FrmConsumables subform. ...

Sub-Totals Question
Using the sub-totals feature in Excel the category being subtotaled is highlighted in bold but the subtotals themselves are not highlighted. Is there a way to format these items either using excel "as is" or with some simple code? Thanks, Andrew. Use the outlining symbols to the left to show just what you want to format (hide those details). Now select the range to format edit|goto|special|visible cells only and format the way you like. You could record a macro if you want the code. Andrew Mackenzie wrote: > > Using the sub-totals feature in Excel the category being s...

simple formula formatting question
Hello, My boss puts plus signs (+) in front of her cell references on financial reporting. For example: a summing formula would look like =+SUM(E10:E40) or when she adds two cells she'll precede the references with a plus sign =+J687/$Q$687 I cannot find a technical reason why this is necessary in Excel. Can anyone explain this or confirm that it is unnecessary? Thanks for reading, -Shawn Carry over from having used Lotus 123, completely redundant. Cinci_Shawn wrote: > Hello, > > My boss puts plus signs (+) in front of her cell references on > ...