descriptive statistics - text in survey

I have a survey which has some text answers and some numerical answers.  I
need to complete histogram and descriptive statistics on this data but I get
an error message stating my "data contains non-numerice input".  Does that
mean all data has to be converted to nummerical format?
0
allen367 (1)

one way to solve theproblem use count if

suppose non numeric data for e.g. a.s.d.f.g etc are in A1 to A100
find out unique set by using advance filter
and then use countif function

"allen367" <allen367@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a survey which has some text answers and some numerical answers.  I
> need to complete histogram and descriptive statistics on this data but I
get
> an error message stating my "data contains non-numerice input".  Does that
> mean all data has to be converted to nummerical format?

How do I copy and paste an Illustratorsketch with text into Excel
Any input from you would be great ...

cannot delete text field
I have a shape group with a sub shape that displays one of the parent shapes custom properties via a custom formula field. I inadvertently added two of the fields so that now the data is displayed twice. When I right click on the extra field in the "Insert Field" dialog there is no drop down menu, just hitting the delete key does nothing. In the shape sheet when I select the corresponding row the delete option on the drop down menu is grayed out? How do I delete this field? Hey Guy don't abuse of the fresh beer when working on Visio (Dont be angry i'm jocking) If...

Selecting Text in Word 2007
I've been selecting text without a problem for years using the left mouse button. Recently, after an update, when I select text, nothing happens but I get an icon that looks like an old cassette tape next to the pointer. Can anyone tell me how to select text now? Thanks very much. -- Judy On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 04:57:01 -0800, Silverrand <Silverrand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've been selecting text without a problem for years using the left mouse >button. Recently, after an update, when I select text, nothing happens but I >get an icon that look...

default directory change for full text search
Hi Would like to know how i can change the default directory for full text search. Does anyone know how to do this in SQL Server 2008? Regards, Rikard ...

Text Box with words splitting onto two lines
I have a text box in publisher with a lots of text but it splits up words onto two lines Eg It is a very sun- ny day today is there a way to stop it so it puting words on 2 lines Thanks S.Dickson@shos.co.uk wrote: > is there a way to stop it so it puting words on 2 lines For the current text box: Tools > Language > Hyphenation For all new text boxes: Tools > Options -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Linking Text Boxes
Hello! I am still trying to create a document that has 3 separate text boxes. The one giving me problems is the one that needs to handle text overflow (if any). I have the 3 text boxes on page 1. I need for an unlimited amount of pages to be created (if needed) with these text boxes if there is overflow. Also I need these text boxes to be stationary and not be deleted or moved when I press delete on page 1 or page 2, etc. And for text to flow into the new text box on a new page if there is overflow from the previous page. Thank you in advance, Marsha What about the me...

Text box #3
I can't seem to 'create a text box' and then elongate it to fit the size I want. It just freezes in a small little box and won't budge. M/S Pub 2007 version. Every month I work within the previous month's newsletter and then try to move the 'boxes' to add more info, or to try to move it to another part of the page. Won't budge. Or if I want to open up a page so I can print in it... only a 2" square section opens, and when I try to pull at the ends..they won't budge Or if I want to start an entirely new page - e.g. agenda page, same th...

How get text of query in VB?
Is there an easy way to get the text of a query so I can concatenate some extra 'where' conditions onto the end? CurrentDb.QueryDefs("NameOfQuery").SQL -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "mscertified" <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote in message news:DBD58D7C-9280-437E-958D-AF3941FEC681@microsoft.com... > Is there an easy way to get the text of a query so I can concatenate some > extra 'where' conditions onto the end? ...

Referencing data from one cell within the text of another
I am looking for a way to reference data from one cell to be used in the text of another seperate cell. This is for the purpose of looking up stock tickers, where I want to be able to put in the ticker itself (usually a 2 or 3 letter stock ticker) and then have it placed automatically into a web address (hyperlinked) in a seperate cell. For example, I want to be able to place "TA" in one cell (without quotations, of course) and in another cell have it placed at the end of the following web address: "http://www.tsx.ca/HttpController?GetPage=QuotesViewPage&DetailedView=Detai...

Adding a text/line from Drawbox onto graph
Hi, I have a graph that is being updated weekly, so every time the X-axis extends. I add comment texts and / or pointers/lines to the graph from time to time. The problem I have is that each time I expand the graph (X range increases), I have to manually move the comments - because the graph is being rescaled. Is there any way to link the additional elements on the plot to be moved with the X-scale? Any suggestions? Many thanks, Marcin Hi, Replace the textbox comments with a comment in a Data Label. If you only want one comment, select the series, then single click the data poin...

spacing between text within box,
I am working on an org chart in visio 2003. In my box I have Name and Title. I want to place a space inbetween the name and the title. Everytime I hit enter after placing the cursor behind the last letter in the name, all my text below disappears. Please help if you can. I'm sure its an easy fix but I an new to Visio with no formal training. Thanks, Irene On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 07:30:04 -0800, Irene <Irene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am working on an org chart in visio 2003. In my box I have Name and Title. > I want to place a space inbetween the name and the...

Justifying Text
I'd like to be able to wrap a 2 word header, have the second (bottom) word right justified in the cell but the first (top) word centred above the second word. I can manage it by padding the first word with character colours matching the background, is there a better way of doing it? "Book End" <book@end.invalid> wrote... >I'd like to be able to wrap a 2 word header, have the second (bottom) word >right justified in the cell but the first (top) word centred above the >second word. >I can manage it by padding the first word with character colours matc...

Outlook express emails missing text
Can anyone out there help me discover why the body of my emails in outlook express are all blank. I was able to read all of my messages about 3 weeks ago but now every email I open has no content. It is a newsgroup that I have access to on web access as well.. Any suggestions please let me know.. Tks again Barb.. Barbra <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone out there help me discover why the body of my > emails in outlook express are all blank. I was able to > read all of my messages about 3 weeks ago but now every > email I open has no content....

Data Text to Columns
I have a large column and would like to split it for the literal that says "Company Name" and then have the company name right next to it which is enterable. I tried using Data/Text to Columns, Fixed Width, sliding the arrow after Company Name: and it did not seem to split the column. I also tried putting an arrow out a ways so that there looked as though there were two defined fields and that didn't seem to work either. Am I approaching this the right way??? HELP!!! Thanks! Hi this is not possible in Excel. You have to use two columns for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Fr...

Copy and Past Values AND Formatting AND Text
I want to copy and paste a section of my spreadsheet, however, I can't seem to find a way to copy the formatting, the text, and the values. If I try to use the paste values (special) function, I lose all of my text and all of my formatting. Any method I've tried that retains my formatting results in a loss of my values. I am going from one worksheet to another within the same workbook and have many merged and adjusted cell sizes which seem to be a lot of the problem. Any suggestions? -- KKD If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: ...

XLXP: Text cut-off at end?
Hi, Pls. download the attached MSEXcel File. Look at point # 16, the "aaaaa's" at the end are cut-off. Pls. can you advise me why this is & how I can fix this problem. Thanks +---------------------------------------------------------------- | Attachment filename: test_file.xls |Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=355002 +---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post use...

add text to end of formula output
I have a basic formula that I want to display a character after the calculation. example: A1+A2+A3=25.00 I would like to see: A1+A2+A3=25.00hrs Is this possible? You can use a custom format 0.00 "hours" that way you can still do calculations with the cell or =SUM(A1:A3)&" hours" which would be text -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "mgdarkman" <mgdarkman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:884334AB-8B38-42AB-8D5A-166E6E4A12FE@microsoft.com... >I have a basic formula that I want to display a charact...

Change the tooltip text for a datapoint
All, Does anybody know how to change the text that appears when you hover over a datapoint in a chart? Specifically, I have an X Y scatter chart and Which uses Column C for the X and Column D for the Y. I would like the text in Column B to appear when I hover over a datapoint. Hi, Have a look at this add-in from Tushar Mehta. http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/chart_hover_label/index.html Cheers Andy Hayeso wrote: > All, > > Does anybody know how to change the text that appears when you hover over a > datapoint in a chart? > > Specifically, I have an X Y scatt...

remove leading zeros on a text field
I have an item number field which I use a formula to pull the last segment of the item number field ( such as: WBN-2-FCCG-043-00000094 or WBN-2-IVSG-043-0001A-A ) the results would be a text field such as 00000094 or 0001A-A or 0230-B I need to find a way to remove the leading 0's does anyone have any ideas? thank you for your time and assistance =VALUE(A1) or, if you want to keep it text, =TEXT(VALUE(A1),"#") -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "skiing" <trpayne@chatt.com> wrote in message news:96ffde7d-1fda-47e1-9b44-d3f1e154d7...

Text Won't Wrap Around a Picture
I have been using Microsoft's Media Homepage to download clipart. With some pictures I download, there's no problem, and text wrap works fine. With other pictures, I can not get text to wrap. The picture lays on top of the text in the text box. I've tried sending the image back, and it lays behind the text. I've also tried sending it forward, and it covers the text. Either way, the text won't wrap, and I already checked the text wrapping choice. I had a similar problem once before, but when I sent the image back, the text wrapped. For more info, my graphic ...

Message converted to plain text
I converted to Outlook a couple of months ago from OE. Initially, I had no issues when receiving HTML messages, however lately there is a note specifying This message was converted to plain text. If I convert back to HTML, the hyper links don't work. How can I restore the settings to allow HTML? Thanks What folder are you looking in? That is standard for the Junk mail folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@list...

Text Box Missing from Printed Chart in Excel 2007
Text box will not print or show up in "Print Preview" on line chart. Text box has been brought to the front of the chart, but still unsuccessful. Similar chart in different workbook prints fine. Suggestions? -- Thank You, TimB Sounds like you positioned the textbox over the chart but not embedded in it. Try Cut the textbox, select the chart, paste the textbox in the chart, reposition to suit. Regards, Peter T "TimB" <TimB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D54A69A-7C71-433A-B0A3-55821D3DEB9F@microsoft.com... > Text box will not print or ...

Access '03 Text Wrap print preview (and printer) issue
Whenever I try to print a form, the text box (be it memo or text) doesn't quite wrap completely in the print preview window, despite wrapping perfectly in the design and form views. I have tried pushing in the margins as a temporary solution, but that hasn't solved the problem at all. I still get half words lopped off by the printer (and print preview) before the text is wrapped onto the next line. Create a report for printing and leave your forms for data entry, navigation, etc. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "karateka.returns@gmail.com" wrote: > Whenever I...

put a formula into a text cell???
Hi Folks, I am using Office 2003 at work and have the following problem. I am working with a workbook that has 31 sheets. The workbook is password protected. I would like to put a formula in some cells, that are unprotected and formatted as "Text". The formulas will not work as it is a text cell. The celIs in question represent the names of workers. I would like to put in a formula to copy the names for an entire workweek. I tried to use -- ='1'!B8 -- for example to copy a name from worksheet one to worksheet two. Is there anyway to get around this as I cannot get the...

Set description field value with onLoad event for email
Hi all, I=92ve wrote a script for onLoad event of email form. This script writes down some data in Description field. And it did it. But after that Description is empty again. It looks like the system clean this field after onLoad event has occurred. I=92ve tried to use this method for other fields of form and it worked fine. I have this problem only for Description field. Is it possible to solve it? I use the folowing method: crmForm.all.description.DataValue =3D "Data..."; Thanks in advance! Hi Aline, Try using a ForceSubmit to store the data in Description. crmForm.all.descri...