dependent combo box list, with indirect reference

I would like to create a dependent combo box.
I have a cell linked to anothe combo box, say C1.
I have one list in D1:D4, another list in E1:E3.
In C2, I have value "D1:D4", in C3 I have "E1:E3".

For the input range for the combox, I tried "=INDIRECT(IF(C1=1,C2,C3))",
but only got an empty list.  Is this 'illegal'?

Thanks,
Iyue
0
Iyue (2)

Debra Dalgleish shows how to do this with Data|Validation.

Maybe you could use her technique on your comboboxes.

If no, then post back with a little more info...

Comboboxes from the Control toolbox toolbar
or Dropdowns from the Forms toolbar
(Or even Data|Validation)

And is this stuff on a worksheet or on a UserForm?

--

Dave Peterson
0

again: number a list
Hello there! I found a thread "number a list" (June 2nd.2006): >I have an excel ss of book and video titles. I would like to make one >column >the number corresponding to each title. Just a simple scheme like 1, 2, 3, >4, 5, etc... >How would I tell excel to put sequential numbers in a column? The problem was solved easy. But what can I do when I have empty rows? I entered free rows for better looking print result, unfortunately BEFORE >fill>series. Is there a formula, something like IF B1>0 fill A1? Thanks for help! Mike Mike, have a look here and see...

alignment within text boxes
within a text box, how do I keep the text lines in the heading flush left and make the body justified? I make the heading flush left, then highlight body and justuify it-- but when I do-- the heading becomes justified. Select the heading (high-light) click left justify. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "rebecca1227" <rebecca1227@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A63868C4-1905-42FB-B2A2-E6F55F9CF8C5@microsoft.com... > within a text box, how do I keep the text lines in the heading flush left and > make the body justified? I make the heading flus...

In excel, how do i create a box on a form for a customer to click #2
how do I create a box on a email excel form for a customer to click on to acknowledge they agree with the terms and it automatically put a check mark in the box. ...

Combo Box Not in List function 11-27-09
I have a combo box that lists the option (limited to list) from a table called tblALLRECCS which has only one field called RECS. How do I write a code in Not In List event of the combo box so that any new entries that is not in the list will be added to the RECS in the tblALLRECCS, after prompting the user with a message box whether he/she wants to add the new item (string) ? Can some one help. Thanks in advance Leo Hi - This is from A2000 - I doubt it has changed much. When you open the event procedure for the NotInList event, you will see that there are two parame...

Certain Form load according to combo box value on currnet form
I have an If-Then VBA procedure that's nested, and works like a charm, however, I've got around twenty different forms that are "page 2" forms, in an application. Page one is the form containing the person's name, address, etc.. in the last textbox of page one is the choice for which position the applicant is interested in. Now, if all the "page 2" forms were idnetical, I've got VBA for that situation, but each page 2 form is unique. I am interested in a VBA procedure that works so that the drop down combo box (containing the job openings w...

SQL to get Item price list
I'm trying to get a price list out of the GP (7.5) tables into a SQL view for reports and other integration projects. I've got it working based on the pricing method. What I would like to do now, is incorporate the Item Price List Options logic (IV00107) to do the correct rounding on the item prices. What I've got so far just rounds to two decimal points... Is there a function to do this, or does someone have some SQL code to re-create the business logic. Here's what I've got so far: SELECT IV00101.ITEMNMBR, IV00101.ITEMDESC, IV00101.PRICMTHD, IV00101.STND...

Show a list of address
Can anyone help me. A short method to show company address after selecting the company name. ...

Having marketing lists in outlook as Distribution list
We have already CRM specialized Distribution lists for contact, lead, accounts, we should also find here all the marketing lists owned by the user and with members accepting email contact. Thanks CS ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microso...

Outlook Distrubution List
Is there any way that I can save a disturbution list that I have made to a network drive, or a cd, and put load the distrubution list to other computers in my building? ...

Add record and update List
This message has two questions: When I click my command button (Code Below) I need it to open the form in ADD mode but still linked to the Parent form as it is doing now. Second, that Parent form has a list box that needs to be updated when the record is added. Suggestions?? This is the command button form: Private Sub cmdProvADD_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdProvADD_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "f_ProvDetail" stLinkCriteria = "[ICNNo]=" & "'" & Me![ICNNo] & "'" ...

Excel Chart Trouble on Auto-Filtered List
I'm plotting a chart based on visible cells in an auto-filtere spreadsheet. Everything works fine as far as the data and legend range go (cols 2 and 3 below). My problem is I want to add a text box to th chart and link that box to the name of the data being plotted, but need to show only a "distinct" cell from the range, i.e. in the exampl below the linked text box shows "GAIG GAIG GAIG" because those cells ar visible. I can't seem to find what Excel function/feature or formula t use to make this display just "GAIG" or "AFG" in the linked text ...

I'm looking for a To Do List template to use with Outlook.
I need to keep track of my tasks on a day to day basis and I'm looking for a template that I can use or modify to help me. An Excel spreadsheet will probably provide the best usage because it will allow me to sort and change my data around. Here is a standard To Do List that Microsoft offers as an Excel template: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010185861033.aspx -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "Sharon J." wrote: > I need to keep track of my tasks on a day to day basis and I'm looking for a > template that I can use or modify to help ...

Custom List View Filter on Dates
I appolgize if this is a second post of this question, but I do not think that my first one made it to this group. I have created a custom list in MOSS2007. The list has several dates, each indicating a stage in the process. I wish to make views that allow me to see those items that have Date 1 filled in but do not have Date 2 filled in. I have tried to use [Empty], [Blank], 0, and less than 01/01/2009. None of these work. Is there a special word for filtering dates? Thanks! GregDC ...

toggling which worksheet a named range refers to
I have a "real data" worksheet (Table1) that is populated automatically using Template Wizard with Data Tracking. I want to keep that data intact. I have an identically structured worksheet (TestData) that I want to be able to muck around with to test formulas. I have a bunch of formulas in various other worksheets that use Names that currently refer to ranges in TestData. I would like to be able to toggle those names to refer to either Table1 or Test Data (same range in either sheet). I've tried 2 approaches that work: - Using the INDIRECT function to construct Ref...

VLOOKUP a cell reference using < and >
In sheet "Stat1", each cell in column C contains a whole number from 1-50. In sheet "Stat2", column A contains a letter and columns C & E are used to create a numeric range. Each letter in Col A is a coder representing the range specified in cols C & E. For instance: A C E A 1 2 B 3 5 C 6 9 D 10 15 I would like to use VLOOKUP (or whatever is appropriate) to find the appropriate letter code (from Stat2 col A) which represents the numeric range (Stat2 cols C & E) for the number in Stat1 col C. The result will be placed in Sta...

attaching unique id to each mail sent out through CRM while using quick Camapaign for a selected list of contacts
Microsoft CRM : how to attach unique id to each mail sent out through CRM while using quick Camapaign for a selected list of contacts? The ID should be different for each contact. Also , i need to have a mechanism to include a mail template from a set of available templates while the quick campaign is created. Any help will be appreciated. ...

Is there a way to add a reference (library)?
Is there a way to add a "reference" or "library" through VBA? I want my excel sheet to add the "MSXML" library.. only if the person's running Windows. Thanks! Kenj -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com See answer to your multipost of this question in another group. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy kenji4861 > <<kenji4861.11n2st@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kenji4861.11n2st@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a way to add a "reference" or "library" through VBA? I want my > excel sheet to add the "...

Outlook 2003 A Dialog Box Is Open
A friend of mine called because all of a sudden her Outlook 2003 started popping up a message "A dialog box is open". Actually this is the second time this has happened. As usual I Googled on this problem and most people seem to think that the dialog that's hidden is the one that pops up when you first install office and open an application that asks you for your name and initials. The first time around I tried opening Word / Access and PowerPoint and that dialog never opened, most likely because it had already been filled in after the initial installation. I did a ...

Global Address List Problem
I am using WindowsXP pro and Office 2003 pro. I am having issues sending mail to one of the contacts on my GAL as I get undeliverable message whenever I try to send mail to them. When I look at the properties for this recipient, I see the following in the display field: /cn=***/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=***, on the email tab there is no address listed. This is not the case with any of the other recipients in the GAL. This is causing me problems because even if I type in the full email address of the person in the 'To' field, it still comes up with the undeli...

Select item from dropdown list, item code is displayed in cell
I need help with a spreadsheet problem. I created a timesheet for users to track their hours with an in-cell drop down for some of the values. Currently, an user is able to use the in-cell dropdown to select a time off code and the result is displayed in the cell. However, I would like to have the user to see the full-name on the in-cell dropdown, but have the abbreviated code display in the cell when selected. I have been unable to figure out how to do this, so any help would be great! I am trying to stay away from extra Excel components or macros, as I like to keep this sheet easy for the e...

Install and Use the Global Address List Modify for Web Tool
Hi, Just wondering is there a version of above for Exchange 2003? And if anyone uses it in their organisation to enable users to edit their personal details. See link below > Thanks Derek http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=242223 Does anyone know if there is a tool available that (with the correct permissions) will allow a user to update other users GAL entries? "Derek" <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C02DA3C6-F65A-4DA8-A455-BC8D8CDA097C@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Just wondering is there a version of above for Exchange 2003? And if...

Exchnage 2003 Address Lists
Is it possible to to create a sperate Global address book for our French haedoffice and then import there address list from there exchange server? We are not in a forest there is no domain link between the companies both independant. any ideas would be great . Thank you Regards Adrian. ...

Finding identical rows in a list
I have a long list in columns A to I. In some cases, all the items in adjacent rows are identical, and I need to be able to find these as quickly as possible. This formula identifies the number of columns in row 8 which are identical to the corresponding items in row 7, and returns "9" when the rows in all the 9 columns in rows 7 and 8 are identical. =SUMPRODUCT(--(A7:I7=A8:I8)) But when I copy the formula to row 8, it does of course compare row 8 with row 9. I need the formula to compare each row with the rows immediately above AND below. I tried this: =SUMPR...

turn off indentation of automatic numbering lists
I am trying to figure out a way to turn off the indenting feature of the auto numbering. I need to use auto numbering but I need the list to be completely flushed left. I have searched and searched but been unable to find a way to change this. I know I can do it temporary by decreasing the indent but I need really need to this be a permanent setting change that I do not have to correct with each new report. This is how auto numbering currently looks: 1. asdfasdfasdf 2. asdfasdfasdf I need it to look like this all the time: 1. asdfasdfasdf 2. asd...

How to get a list of files for a directory
Hi, I want to get a list of files names for a directory in VC++. How can I do this? Thanks, Guru Guruprasad HD wrote: > Hi, > I want to get a list of files names for a directory in VC++. > How can I do this? > > Thanks, > Guru > > FindFirstFile, FindNextFile, FindClose -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] "Guruprasad HD" <guruprasad.hd@trilogy.com> wrote in message news:ej0Xn7LwEHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I want to get a list of files names for a directory in VC++. > How can I do this? > > Thanks, > Guru > > ...