Dependant parts list -lookup

Hello trying to find a way to have a row of dependant columns ,where the
first row has a drop down menu with a list of parts like a lamp body, then
the next cell over shows a list which would change depending on the first
selection. until a whole part # is created from all the indiviual pieces.
That then would return in a different cell a
quantity of available for sale and a price specific to that unique part #. I
already have a sheet that has the quantities and pricing.
0
BEEZ (7)

Having one Data Validation cell display a list that is dependent on the
selection made in another Data Validation cell can be done without VBA.
However, you can do this for only one list that is dependent on the
selection in another list.
From what you say, I gather that you want to have more than one list
dependent on another.  You want a chain of them.  Is that correct?
If so, you will need VBA.
Post back and clarify the number of dependencies you need.   HTH   Otto
"BEEZ" <BEEZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello trying to find a way to have a row of dependant columns ,where the
> first row has a drop down menu with a list of parts like a lamp body, then
> the next cell over shows a list which would change depending on the first
> selection. until a whole part # is created from all the indiviual pieces.
> That then would return in a different cell a
> quantity of available for sale and a price specific to that unique part #.
> already have a sheet that has the quantities and pricing.

0
ottokmnop (389)
10/7/2005 7:24:14 PM
Correct I would like to be able to do at least 4 or more
Example:
Fixture Type       Wattage     Type of reflector      Color         QTY
    Price
Outdoor wall       150 W          Aluminum            Bronze         32
  $ 100.00

Then kind of like a V-lookup function on the sum of the parts
"Outdoor wall 150W Aluminum Bronze "        vlookup = 32
vlookup=$100.00
"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

> Having one Data Validation cell display a list that is dependent on the
> selection made in another Data Validation cell can be done without VBA.
> However, you can do this for only one list that is dependent on the
> selection in another list.
> From what you say, I gather that you want to have more than one list
> dependent on another.  You want a chain of them.  Is that correct?
> If so, you will need VBA.
> Post back and clarify the number of dependencies you need.   HTH   Otto
> "BEEZ" <BEEZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello trying to find a way to have a row of dependant columns ,where the
> > first row has a drop down menu with a list of parts like a lamp body, then
> > the next cell over shows a list which would change depending on the first
> > selection. until a whole part # is created from all the indiviual pieces.
> > That then would return in a different cell a
> > quantity of available for sale and a price specific to that unique part #.
> > already have a sheet that has the quantities and pricing.

0
BEEZ (7)
10/7/2005 9:00:02 PM
BEEZ
    I can help you set this up but I'll need the lists from you and the
layout of what you want.  If you wish, send me direct via email a small file
showing all the lists and clearly showing the dependencies between the
lists.  Also include the database that you want searched to arrive at the
quantity on hand and the price.
    Finally, include a detailed step-by-step procedure of how you would do
this if you were doing it manually.  Remember that you're the only one of
the two of us that knows what you want.  Also tell me the version of Excel
that you are using.  My email address is ottokmnop@comcast.net.  Remove the
"nop" from this address.   HTH   Otto
> Correct I would like to be able to do at least 4 or more
> Example:
> Fixture Type       Wattage     Type of reflector      Color         QTY
>    Price
> Outdoor wall       150 W          Aluminum            Bronze         32
>  $ 100.00
>
> Then kind of like a V-lookup function on the sum of the parts
> "Outdoor wall 150W Aluminum Bronze "        vlookup = 32
> vlookup=$100.00
> "Otto Moehrbach" wrote:
>
>> Having one Data Validation cell display a list that is dependent on the
>> selection made in another Data Validation cell can be done without VBA.
>> However, you can do this for only one list that is dependent on the
>> selection in another list.
>> From what you say, I gather that you want to have more than one list
>> dependent on another.  You want a chain of them.  Is that correct?
>> If so, you will need VBA.
>> Post back and clarify the number of dependencies you need.   HTH   Otto
>> "BEEZ" <BEEZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello trying to find a way to have a row of dependant columns ,where
>> > the
>> > first row has a drop down menu with a list of parts like a lamp body,
>> > then
>> > the next cell over shows a list which would change depending on the
>> > first
>> > selection. until a whole part # is created from all the indiviual
>> > pieces.
>> > That then would return in a different cell a
>> > quantity of available for sale and a price specific to that unique part
>> > #.
>> > already have a sheet that has the quantities and pricing.

0
ottokmnop (389)

Contacts list and PAB's
Any ideas why this is ????? Customers contacts folder shows contacts in the format of first name, last name. All the settings within Outlook show as being set to Last name, First Name. This is how he wishes the contacts folder to appear. We have ensured that all settings in outlook reflect this but the changed are not being made to contacts. ATTEMPTED FIXES: Set configuration on services tab for contacts, and for Personal Address book. Also set Outlook from Tools>Options>Contacts Button>changed way that new contacts are added Final Fix: Added PAB to Services in customers p...

Data Validation List
I am using Excel 2007. I have two named ranges: Customer_ID and Customer_Name. I currently have a data validation list with the source '=Customer_ID'. This works fine to look up customer numbers or I can change the source to 'Customer_Name' and look up by name. At some times it's easier to lookup by name, and others by number. Is it possible to have the drop down list display both? You would have to make a list of one column with the name and ID in each cell. I don't think this would be useable because one of them would not be sorted. Can you ...

Distribution list is too large..
We have a problem... We have change from ordinary POP3 to Exchange 2003. Some of the users have distribution-list with +200 contacts which have been working fine before converting to Exchange 2003. Now the distribution-list's still in there "contacts" but they cannot add og rename to the list. Only delete. Soloutions..? /P. Lauridsen (Denmark) There is a functional limit on DL membership. What is the exact error they get? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238569 Nesting DLs might help. "P. Lauridsen" wrote: > We have a problem... We...

Problem with UDF to fill list box
Hi folks I have a form that includes a list box that I want to populate with a list of xml files. I have set the Row Source Type property (using the properties window) to a function called ListXMLSalesOrders (without using the = (equals) or the function args). The code for ListXMLSalesOrders is as below: Function ListXMLSalesOrders(fld As Control, id As Variant, _ row As Variant, col As Variant, _ code As Variant) As Variant Dim strFile As String Static strFiles() As String Static ...

How do I find a list of existing macros in Word 2007?
How do I find a list of existing macros in Word 2007? Alt+F8, just like in previous versions. Or first go to Office button > Word Options > Popular and check the option to show the Developer tab on the ribbon, then go to that tab and click the Macros button. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. SantistaS wrote: > How do I find a list of existing macros in Word 2007? Thank you, Jay One more question: How I find the a...

How to show 2 MAX values in a list
I am trying to perform a simple simulation of a project network on a spreadsheet with the aim of recording the distribution of the critical paths (the paths, not their duration. But I use the path duration as a criterion). I am trying to do so by assigning a number to each path (1, 2, 3, ..., n) so when each path takes a maximum value its corresponding path number appears in a sell. Path duration is a sum and recorded in a list. Next to it I use a column with the formula =IF(MAX(critical path)=path number,path number,"")where "path number" can take the value of the differ...

Attendance list
I have two spreadsheets in the same workbook. Spreadsheet 1 has a list of Last and First names for everyone in Division A. Spreadsheet 2 has a list of everyone that attended training from across multiple divisions. I need to add a couple of columns in spreadsheet 1 entitled Attended and Not Attended then somehow put a check in the correct column based on whether or not that person attended the training. At first I thought vlookup was the way to go but I cannot get that to work. Does anyone have an idea how I might go about this? I am using Excel 2003. Thank you. Try something like this: She...

Item Quantity List does not select any records
I use the item quantity list for restocking purposes. However when I select a single department and select qty to order > 0 the report does not show any records. It appears this only happens when I make a selection by department (and then select the department in question). Removing the department selection shows the products to be re-ordered. Same happens when I just select the department in question but do NOT select qty to order > 0. Anybody ran into the same problem and has a solution for me? I would like to use the selection in order to reduce the number of pages to the prod...

How to use an image list in CListCtrl?
Hi Group, I am using Visual C++ 6.0 to build a dialog-based app. I have a CListCtrl (report view) in my dialog that contains 5 items. I want to use an image (a bitmap of 8x12) to describe the status of these items. The status of each item can be one of the following: - red square; - blue triangle; - or nothing Can someone please help me with this one. Thank you, Geo Thank you Charles for your response, > o Create an instance of CImageList > o Add the images to it (see CImageList::Add()) > o Pass your image list to CListCtrl::SetImageList() These three steps are already ...

Inverting a list in Excel
I have a list, numerical or alphabetical, and it is in no particular sorted order BUT I want it that way. Now what I would like to do is invert the list of cells vertically, so that if there are 25 items the first column looks like this: "1,72,33,45,52....23,98" and the second column looks like this "98,23,....,52,45,33,72,1" HOW DO I ACCOMPLISH THIS TASK? (***Remember, I do NOT want to sort the list.) I want to leave it as is and just reverse the order of it. I want to do the same thing with names as well. I cannot figure it out. If someone knows, could you...

Add remark to listed values of fields on report 05-23-07
I made a report with 6 subreports on it to show the total count of the variable values of 6 fields in a table. It's briefly illustrated as follows: Total No. of participant: 50 (Records in the table) Occupation Category: ( a Field in the table) Education 15 Medical 23 Business 12 Registration: ( a Field in the table) Email 18 Phone 12 Other 20 My boss wanted me to include a remark next to the count for the listed value of ea...

drop down list #9
Hello Through Data > Validation, I've created a drop down list for a column to enable the user, when going into the cell , to choose what is listed. They are 3 letter codes. ie. RCC | Royal Caribean Cruise line RML | Royal Mail PCC | Portsmouth City Council When clicking on the down arrow in the cell and seeing the list of codes, is there a way of also being able to see what the code relates to which i've put in a colum along side the colum containing the list of Codes.so that if you don't know the code of the company you can see it in the list and pick it but on...

Creating lists for Birthdays/Aniversaries
Thank you Nicole for pointing this out. I copied and modified the event view with a filter/advanced/ condition to scan Birthdays that fall in the current month. This works great. But I noticed that I cannot use 'OR' condition. Is there a way to do 'OR' conditions such as Birthdays this month or Anniversaries this month? Thank you again. V Nicole wrote: > If you want to create a contact list for Birthdays, why > don't you use the Filter option on the View menu? > > I would change the view first by selecting View/Current > View/Events. After that I wo...

Distribution List without email address
Is is possible to create a server based distribution list for internal use only that has no email address assigned to it? Thanks, hbchrist if is doesn't have an address, no email will be delivered to it...what is your objective? the address does not need to be reachable from outside your company...what version of Exchange? "hbchrist" <hbchrist@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uxQ3mLuJEHA.3084@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is is possible to create a server based distribution list for internal > use only that has no email address assigned to it? > > Thanks, >...

How can I export a distribution list to excel?
Since moving to an exchange server our DL is too large and I just get an error when I go to send an email... How can I export a distribution list to excel? DL's never survive exporting. What makes you think you want to do that? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <patrick.horsman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1148419890.265533.95660@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Since moving to an exchange server our DL is too large and I just get > an error when I go to send an email... How can I export a distribution > list to excel? > FIle | Save As. If you save the DL as ...

address lists and signatures
Hi, 1. I have created a new regional contacts list in exchange 2003 systems manager under the root All Contacts list. When I open outlook to create a new email the regional contacts list is not showing. Any ideas? 2. Is it possible to set a company logo on all users outgoing email messages? we are currently using Exchage\Outlook 2003. I know I could setup this on an individual basis through signatures but to do it this way for 500 users is not worth thinking about. On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 04:41:26 -0800, Paul <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >1. I have cre...

Cross platform compatibility

Multiple address book/contact list
How can I set up 2 address books (Contact lists)in Outlook so that I can select between them? Create a separate Contacts subfolder. Enable it as an e-mail address book by selecting that option: R click the folder > Properties > Outlook Address Bok Tab. It will then appear in your Outlook Address Book "Show names from the:" dropdown. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "John H" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04d901c39baa$d14e6fb0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I set up 2 address books (Contact lists)in Outlook > so that I can sele...

Help needed with lists.
I have two lists on separate sheets in the same book; each contains a common field in column A. One list is much longer than the other, and both are over 5K rows. In the longer list I need to show if the common field appears in the other, shorter list. I would like to add a column, 'Exists in shorter list' to the longer list and have a formulae enter 'Yes' or 'No' as appropriate. I've tried VLOOKUP, but this doesn't work across different sheets. How can I do this? TIA Chris. "Chris Mitchell" <chris.a.mitchell@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> ...

How to rotate List Control?
Hi, in my project i need rotated list control. does anyone know how to make this? thx What do you mean by "rotated?" > Hi, > > in my project i need rotated list control. does anyone know > how to make > this? > > thx David Crow schrieb: > What do you mean by "rotated?" > >> Hi, >> >> in my project i need rotated list control. does anyone know >> how to make >> this? >> >> thx > normal list control (horizontal text adjustment): ----------------- | | ----------------- | | -------------...

Advanced Find to list all contacts by account?
Hello, I'm having trouble creating an advanced find that will list all contacts in an account. The only thing I can get to work is after entering the an account name and running the find, it only shows the primary contact. I have different divisions (accounts) that use the same company and I'm trying to get a list of all contacts for all divisions. Anyone have an idea how to create afind that will accomplish this? Thanks! Try running the find on Contacts (instead of Accounts). You can specify the Accounts you want easily enough. That should solve the problem. -- Fortis &q...

Excel, Data Validation List
how to control the font size and number of lines displayed when the list drops down? Not possible, you can zoom http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ken H" <Ken H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:682EF1A9-D85F-4632-9561-D343A05AF1E5@microsoft.com... > how to control the font size and number of lines displayed when the list > drops down? ...

Help
Hi. I setup a DB using the Contacts Template. I'm finding it's not going to work for me. Please bear with me as I try to be as detailed as possible. 1. This is a small (under 100) personal address book that includes family, friends & business we deal with. 2. Quite a few people I only contact once a year at Christmas. In the original Excel file for names, I had Last Name & First Name fields. I put the couples names together into the First Name field (ex. Chris & Sheryl). I did more work than I had to by creating lables by typing in the information. For coup...

Sorting accounts list
hi, By default the Money automatically sorts accounts in four distinct categories (Bank, Credit, Investment and Other accounts). I am using money 2006 and would like to sort in different way. for example, i would like to divide my bank accounts into two separate categories... is it possible?? is it possible in money 2007? with best regards, rnv In microsoft.public.money, rnv wrote: >hi, >By default the Money automatically sorts accounts in four distinct >categories (Bank, Credit, Investment and Other accounts). > >I am using money 2006 and would like to sort in diff...

fix the column width of a list
Hi there, what shall i do if i want to fix the column width of a list so that user can not resize it? "Scints" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<02b201c3bd2e$76f57950$a401280a@phx.gbl>... > Hi there, what shall i do if i want to fix the column > width of a list so that user can not resize it? I've never done this, but I guess that if you handle the resize message instead of letting MFC do it, you can decide whether or not to resize. The message will be found under the list's header control. HTH Paul. Hi Scints, Map OnNo...