Deleting rows containing common data

I have an Excel 2000 spreadsheet with 30,000 rows.  The rows look like this:

007-007
68-4611
68-4682
total
007-007
total
007-007
28-4831
68-2454
68-4682
total
007-007
28-4831
68-2454
68-4682
total
007-007
28-4831
68-2454
68-4682
total
007-007
68-4682
total
007-007
68-4682
total

How do I delete the rows containing "total"

0
gcotterl1 (10)

One way:

1. Select the range and apply an AutoFilter (Data > Filter
> AutoFilter)
2. On the drop-down list, select "Total".
3. Select the range again if needed.
5. Press F5 > Special and click "Visible Cells Only."
6. Remove the filter the same way it was applied.
7. Press <Ctrl><->.
8. Click on "Entire row".

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jasonjmorin (551)

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

Summing Alternate Rows
We have spreadsheets with many rows and need to sum alternate rows. Is there a way to do this without entering a formula using the number of each row? -- KarenQ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KarenQ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19608 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395115 Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18),2)=1),$A$1:$A$18) That formula sums odd-row values in the range A1:A18. To sum even-row values the formula is: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18...

CFile (delete file)

Wrong message with cascading deletes
A2003: Table Person linked 1 X M to table Activity. The relationship has its Referential Integrity checkbox and the Cascade Delete checkbox both checked. When I delete a person all related Activity records are deleted which is to be expected. According to http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=26115&seqNum=5 I should get the following message in this case: "Relationships that specify cascading deletes are about to cause 1 record(s) in this table and in related tables to be deleted. Are you sure you want to delete these records?" In stead I get: &quo...

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

Macro

macros entering data

find data and autopaste when found

How to place a stable title row?
Hi there! For a scientific analyse I need to create an Excel table with more than 1.000 rows content. Now, how can I create a title row that doesn't scroll with the rest of the content, so one that is always visible at the top, while you scroll up and down the rest of the content. I hope that's possible like this! Otherwise, it will be pretty difficult to enter the data into the correct (of about 15) column. Thanks for your help in advance! One way: Assuming headers are in row1, Select A2. Click Window > Freeze pane This freezes the 1st row, so it always remains in view w...

Disappearing data in sync'd forms