Deleting links to Access when e-mailing workbook

Goodmorning,

I have a large excel based application which uses links
back to an Access DB to refresh/store all new data. When e-
mailing this workbook to end users several messages appear
asking about links etc. Is there a way to ensure the users
don't get these messages when I email the workbook to
them? In other words, I need the workbook to be a stand
alone app, without looking for links back to the database.
As my directors are PC illiterate I have to make things as
easy as possible for them.

Any urgent help would be fantastic.

Jeff Tillack
Information Resource Officer
Information services Branch
Dept of Families
Brisbane, Australia

It means making a separate copy of the workbook where you Edit/Copy th
sheets and then Paste Special/Values.

This effectively removes all links/formulas

[posted and mailed]

"Jeff Tillack" <jeffrey.tillack@families.qld.gov.au> wrote in

> I have a large excel based application which uses links
> back to an Access DB to refresh/store all new data. When e-
> mailing this workbook to end users several messages appear
> asking about links etc. Is there a way to ensure the users
> don't get these messages when I email the workbook to
> them? In other words, I need the workbook to be a stand
> alone app, without looking for links back to the database.
> As my directors are PC illiterate I have to make things as
> easy as possible for them.

Use the add-in FINDLINK.XLA to detect and remove all links to other files.
http://www.accountingadvisors.com/download/findlink.exe

--
My email address has an extra @ (spell it out) and an extra invalid. Please
remove them if you are not a spammer or list broker and want to reply.
"Jeff Tillack" <jeffrey.tillack@families.qld.gov.au> wrote in

> In other words, I need the workbook to be a stand
> alone app, without looking for links back to the database.
> As my directors are PC illiterate I have to make things as
> easy as possible for them.

Alternate download link:
http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip

--
My email address has an extra @ (spell it out) and an extra invalid. Please
remove them if you are not a spammer or list broker and want to reply.
0
pqaf4hm02 (126)

can't access public folders with OWA
Hi, I have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 Installed everything works fine, except when trying to access Public folders via Outlook Web Access, after going to the location its asks for username and password - this works ok and the folder is displayed, but when trying to add a folder or post a note or do anything I get: You are not authorized to view this page You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. I have tested on client machines, remote machine and the exchange server as administrator with no luck. does anyone have any...

E-mail Queue
Hello, I've followed TechKnowledge article 870063 and have e- mail queues working from external addresses. How do I get e-mail to flow to these queues from internal Exchange addresses? We would like to use CRM email exclusively for this account. Thanks for any help. Scott Internal email can't be routed to queues unfortunately. I am not aware of anyone finding a workaround for this issue either. Anyone heard of anything? Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Scott" wrote: > > Hello, > > I've followed TechKnowledge article 870063 and hav...

Recover Deleted Items Outlook 2003
I can't get the DumpsterAlywaysOn trick to work in Outlook 2003. Is there a different way of implementing this in the newer version? Thanks, Patrick are you certain you did not make the same typo in the registry key that you made in this post? that key has always worked for me... "PatricK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ad3601c4369d$f8c98be0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I can't get the DumpsterAlywaysOn trick to work in > Outlook 2003. Is there a different way of implementing > this in the newer version? > > Thanks, > Patric...

Using MS Access information in Outlook
I have an MS Access DBase that contains our companies contact information. I want to be able to use that information in an Outlook contact folder. I do not want to import the information into Outlook. I want it to be automatically synchronized. Is this possible? Mikeal ...

how do i calculate 10% of a total in an access query
I am working in access 2007 and have a goal amount that i need to calculate a 10% increase.. I cant figure out how to do this!! Increased Price: ([YourField] * .1) + [YourField] -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "confussed student" wrote: > I am working in access 2007 and have a goal amount that i need to calculate a > 10% increase.. I cant figure out how to do this!! On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:13:10 -0800, confussed student wrote: > I am working in access 2007 and have a goal amount that i need to calculate a > 10% increase.. I cant figure out how to do...

Linking Time-varying charts
Hi all, Here's my problem. I've got a set of Excel files with monthly data which is updated every month. So in January I only have Jan data. In February I have Jan and Feb data, and so on. The chart I have for this data always displays a full 18 months data from October 2003 to March 2005, and as more data is added, the line on the chart snakes its way from left to right. These files are submitted to me from various sources. As a central data collector, I now want to link these Excel files into a single Excel file which will display all the charts in one place for convenience. Ho...

Form Links
Hi All, I Was Woundering if some one could Help Me, With this rather Simple Problem I Have. I Have 2 Tables "tbl_Suppliers" and "tbl_Enquirys" Ive Managed to Achieve What i want When I Use A Tab Form and Insert a Subform on the Second Tab. What I want Is To Achieve the Same Thing With out using Tabs. So Here Goes Table "tbl_suppliers" has some of following Fields "Company Name" , "Contact Name" And "Address" and so on. Tble "tbl_Enquiry" has some of the following Fields "Company Name" , "Contact Name&q...

How to organize access to PWA for external user?
I have Project Server installed in "standalone" configuration. Is that possible to organize access to PWA for CUSTOMER (person who play role of Project manager in customer organization) with observance of conditions: 1.CUSTOMER should have ability to have access only to those files, that regards HIS organisation. 2.CUSTOMER should'not have rights to change any data in those files. Thanks! from your question I understand that you want to provide access to external users may be they are customers , partners and remote users. First tell your Network Administrator...

Mail size limit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Every time I try to send an email with an attachment over 2GB, I can get an message unable to send due to file size exceeds limits. Is there a fix or ideal solution to increase the limit or to turn off size limitations? Unfortunately most mail hosting company's have a size limit no more then 50mb. This is considered a standard. <br><br>Recommend splitting the file into smaller .zip or .rar files or transferring your data directly to a server where people can access using FT...

Change background color of query results from access in worksheet
Hi, I have Excel 2007 and selected Date => From Access and then navigated to an Access DB and selected a query. I chose "Table" view. The query results now appear in my worksheet which is great. However, I want to change the background. Right now it alternatives by row between a light blue and a darker blue. I want the results to have a white background with black borders but have been unable to change the format. If I go to Home and select No fill for a color background nothing happens. Is there a way to change the query results? Thanks, Could be the r...

When do logs get deleted?
Hi, I use Veritas NetBackup and have noticed that my log files have not been getting purged after incremental and differential backups. Are they only deleted after full backups? Thanks, Dan Transaction Log files should be purged after full and incremental backups only.. "Dan" wrote: > Hi, > I use Veritas NetBackup and have noticed that my log files have not been > getting purged after incremental and differential backups. Are they only > deleted after full backups? > Thanks, > Dan I had an incremental completed last night with supporting evidence in m...

What is the basic format of a Access VBA module
Hello, I am almost completely new to Access VBA so pardon me if this question is asked before. Anyway, I came across somewhere that I have read before that before I exit an Access VBA module, I am supposed to clear the database or do something to free the database is it? May I know how it is done and why should I be doing that? Thanks! <azhu.uwaterloo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177681396.512608.194140@b40g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > I am almost completely new to Access VBA so pardon me if this question > is asked before. > Anyway, I came across somewhere...

outlook mobile access broken #2
I noticed this morning that my OMA was give ASP application error reports when a device tried to connect. I put it down to changing the installed .net framework at the end of last week - using the aspnet_regiis.exe command located in the C: \WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework directory, I changed from v1.1.4322 to v2.0.50727. So I reverted back to v1.1.4322 hoping it would resolve the issue, no all I get is a 404 page not found - even though there are files there - now I'm a bit stumped. What is going to be the easiest way to fix/repair/recreate this virtual directory? Any pointers would ...

Office Default Mail Client
I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will not let me edit it in outlook or through control panel. Does anyone know how I might repair this, I tried to fix the mail client in the registery by deleting it and running repair on on the outlook setup but this did not fix my problem. Mark wrote: >I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version >this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will >not let me ed...

Conditional links
I am trying to creat a shipping list from a set of 10 worksheets. Ther are several cells that need to be linked to the shipping list only i "x" is indicated in a particular cell in that column. I am able to ge the cell I want to link by using the following formula =IF(Sheet1!S10="X",Sheet1!E10," ") How can I list only the lines with "x"? I do not want to link only 1 line at a time. I want it to check th first line. If there is no "x" then check the next line until it find an x and then link it. Thanks in advance Cand -- CNA4 -------...

Access 2007 Attachments
Hi there, I have a form, with a subform. The subform has an "attachment" field. This subform is displayed in datasheet format on the main form. I have code on the main form ,attached to a cmdButton, that sends an email. I now wish to amend that code so that the attachment is attached to the email - if there is one. Dim App As Object Dim Itm As Object Dim strAttachmentname Set App = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") ' all str variables defined and represent values on the main form ' get the attachment name if there is one ????? (this is what ...

An OL folder has changed from Mail to Calendar
I have a user (using Outlook XP on WinXP, Exchange 2000) who has a folder in their inbox that contains emails. Last week he received an email which went into that folder, and somehow converted it from Post to Appointment format, so he can no longer get to the emails that were previously in there. I've never seen or heard of this before, and I don't seem to be able to manually change it. Has anyone seen this before, and if so, what can I do to get access to the emails it originally contained? Cheers, Gavan Blunt. What happens if you use Advanced Find? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

Delete Carriage Returns
I'm trying to import data into SQL server from Excel, but some of the fields have carriage returns in them. I have been going thru each record and manually deleting the carriage returns. I've been trying to do find/replace but can not seem be able to input the carriage return in find/replace. Can anyone give me an idea what would be easier then manually going thru each record and delete any carriage return. Andre Carriage returns are usually Char(10) or Char(13) Try Edit>Replace What: hold down ALT key and enter 0010 from the numpad With: leave blank or type a space...

OWA reply shows broken link in the form area
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C5AE18.43CE9F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, When I reply to a message from within OWA, I get a broken link in the = areas where I would type. It's as if it can't find the form or = something. It's not a signature file problem from what I can tell. Any ideas? ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C5AE18.43CE9F70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &q...

Automatic link
when i open a workbook, the warning prompts saying there are automatic link, and ask if i want to update or not. anyway to eliminate it? btw, i don't hv any url link inside the workbook. This is by design of Excel. In Excel XP you have the option to not prompt but the links will automatically udpate. The links that it is referring to are links to other workbooks not to hyperlinks. All other versions of Excel don't have this option so you would have to open the file with code to get the prompt to go away. Chris "Soe" <soenandar@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...

Pivot tables, linking to a named range as a source to a pivot table
I have created a main worksheet within the same workbook of many pivot tables, and I want to use this same worksheet as the source of information to these different pivot table sheets off of which I create charts. I want to use a named range because there are over 4,000 rows in this main worksheet. I am not sure if I need a "=" to start the reference or what to do. I thought I should just use nameofworksheet!database if I name the range "database", but when I point and click to the sheet, it is just inserting the name "database" without the name of the...

Supporting Access 97
Hi A prospective client has sent me a set of database files that he would like me to support & upgrade occasionally. They are all Access 97 files. When opening them, all bar one gave me the option of converting to Access 2003 format. Why did one file not give me that option? Also, I can only make changes in these new versions of the files, but they will presumably be useless to the customer unless he upgrades his version of Access. Is that right? Yours Database WUSS Hi Stapes, After you change the database, you can convert it back to Access 97 format ... make sure you use the Micro...

Attachments to E-mail
When typing email and go to add attachment, it puts attachment in body of e-mail and reipeinets can't see. every once in a while the attachment gets put into seperate attachment area and then ok to see. Any recommendations. Thanks Versions would help troubleshooting, but I'll take a stab anyway. Does this occur when you send email with attachments to yourself? It could be that you're sending a type of file that the recipient has blocked in their configuration. It could be an issue between sending messages using HTML vs Plain Text. Not everyone can read HTML. It may ...

Outlook 2003 AutoArchive Deletes emails
1000+ users on our domains have been having an issue where they run AutoArchive and a large number of their non-expired emails are moved to the Deleted Items folder of their Personal Folder File (or, if one doesn't exist, one is created on their hard drive) and the items in the Deleted Items folder of their PFF are deleted completely and must be recovered. After that point, any items placed in the PFF under Inbox will be sucked into Deleted Items in the Archive/PFF each time. We have checked the settings on 10+ machines and the only way to prevent this problem from occuring is to manuall...

CAN'T E-MAIL BIZ CARD ATTCHMT
HI AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO E- MAIL AN ATTCHMT TO MY EDITOR, AND GOING NUTS...I WORK FOR A SANTA MONICA PAPER, IT'S A BUSINESS CARD W/GRAPHICS ON IT AND THE DARN M.PUBLISHER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ALSO MY BOSS WANTS IT IN JPEG OR EPS(I DON'T HAVE EPS) AND THESE OPTIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED FROM PUBLISHER TO 'SAVE AS'. IT WOULD BE A BIG PROBLEM IF IT WAS A NEW CUSTOMER WHO ASKS ME TO DEVELOP SENT ART INTO A DISPLAY AD W/GRAPHICS & TEXT, BUT RIGHT NOW IT'S MY BOYFRIENDS' CO. BIZ CARD HE MADE IN M.PUB. ON MY COMPUTER FOR ME TO PUT IN MY...