Deleting a word from a Cell

Hi

Can anyone help, i am trying to deletel the last word from a Cell

My cell currently read: -  M04274059519 Total

and I need a formula that will delete the "total" word

Would really appreciate some help

linexe
0
Linexe

On Jan 21, 7:27=A0am, Linexe <l.clark...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can anyone help, i am trying to deletel the last word from a Cell
>
> My cell currently read: - =A0M04274059519 Total
>
> and I need a formula that will delete the "total" word
>
> Would really appreciate some help
>
> linexe

CTRL+F (find replace) " Total" for ""
0
Yanick
1/21/2010 12:28:40 PM

> CTRL+F (find replace) " Total" for ""

Thank you.........Works a treat
0
Linexe

Finding merged cells #2
Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire need of a solution... I seem to have a problem due to cells in a worksheet being merged, how can i identify these cells? Many thanks, Rick Excel version? If you have 2002 or 2003 you can use Edit, Find, Format (and specify merged cells), Find All. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "R D S" <ricknewsgroup@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message news:385u2aF5kslgkU1@individual.net... | Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire | need of a solution... | | I seem to have a problem d...

How to remove blank cells
I have a spreadsheet with A LOT of blank cells. Is there any type of formula I can use to automatically delete them? Hi, Select the entire range and press F5, Special, Blanks, OK. The press Ctrl+- (Control Minus) and choose shift cells... -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "DestinySky" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with A LOT of blank cells. Is there any type of formula > I can use to automatically delete them? On Jun 24, 12:44=A0am, Shane Devenshire <ShaneDevensh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Sel...

Delete duplicates
Hi, I have a list of numbers that contain lots of duplicates like the following: 133150 133150 133150 133154 133154 133154 133155 133156 133156 133156 198355 198355 198355 This list lives in column A. Is there a function I can use to get rid of the duplicates? It's okay if the list is transposed into another column. Thanks for any help. Hi Angie Try Data>Filter>Advanced Filter>Copy to another location>choose Copy To>Unique records only -- Regards Roger Govier "Angie M." <AngieM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Word 2008- Save and name with applescript
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a .dot template file that I use daily. I don't have a problem with the rest of the script but i'd like to replace two dialog boxes with text that i've already entered in fields DName and DOB, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to reference or pull the text out of these two text fields in a word 2008 document. Essentially the first two text form fields in the document contain the name and date of birth and i want to turn that into the file name. <br><br>i.e. what i've ...

Cells range into an array, then into msgbox
Hi all, I have a range of cells which are either blank or contain data. I'd like to create a dynamic(?) array and enter the values of those cells. Then, after that, i'd like to output the array into a msgbox. I've started with the below code, but am struggling to get it to work and to do what i'm required. Can anyone help? Cheers, Tony Z. Sub collate() Dim N As Long Arr = Range("F2:H50").Value For N = LBound(Arr) To UBound(Arr) impe = impe + Arr(N) Next N MsgBox impe End Sub Hi Tony Are the values numerics or text Sub co...

Cell text color change
I'm trying to get the text color in a cell to change (to red) if the formula in that cell produces a value above a certain ammount... Could this be done? Look at Format>Conditional Formatting -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Steffen" <Steffen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC53FC5B-81DD-4872-BDCF-A56B42C24159@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get the text color in a cell to change (to red) if the formula > in that cell produces a value above a certain ammount... > > Could this be done? ...

Cell flashing
Does anyone know how to format a cell so it will flash or blink ? It's possible to do so with code but its a bad idea, you'll find such (bad) code by searching Google. There is no built in function like Word in Excel and if you do use such code the results are usually jumpy and erratic, plus the processor is unavailable to do anything else until the code is stopped from running, ie the machine is virtually locked up, Regards, Alan. "Skioregon" <Skioregon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD31EA15-BC24-4074-85DA-D826B871EE55@microsoft.com... > D...

adding 150% to a cell
I have created a payroll which i need to create and i've got most set up. i need to know how i can take D2 times it by 150% from E2 and give me the result to G2. Ok to say it simpler Overtime hours is in D2. Normal hourly rate is in E2 and overtime earned is in G2 overtime payment is at the rate of 150% of the normal hourly rate. How can i create such a formula to give the results in G2? At the moment i've got it like this: =SUMPRODUCT(D2)*(E2*150%) which worked fine but i was thinking if this is overkill in how to do it? "Asta" wrote: > I have created a payroll wh...

Merging Excel Sheet with Excel Sheet (Just like in MS Word!)
Hi everyone, Purpose: create classroom roster between one Excel spreadsheet as data source and another excel sheet. I know how to use one excel spreadsheet as a data source to merge with another word document; however, by using this method, I found that the link between the files keep dropping from time to time, especially when the folder has been moved around. I'm thinking of creating the same layout of the Word document in another Excel spreadsheet and somehow "LINK" the data source and the other spreadsheet together, but I'm not sure how, or whether thi...

How can I have an initial zero in an Excel cell?

Linked cells, make the data go hard manually
I'd like to convert a cell linked to a previous day to hard numbers once a day. Is that possible? By 'hard number' you mean one that is no longer linked, you could copy, then paste as, paste value. HTH, Carole O "Johnny" wrote: > I'd like to convert a cell linked to a previous day to hard numbers once a > day. Is that possible? ...

deleting particular stuff from cells
i need to delete the last four digits of zip codes for about 15000 addresses... Is there anyway to do that all at once... zip exp: 39180-3454 i want to delete the -3454.... i need to do this for about 15,000 zips... can i do it automaticall without doing each cell one by one..... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ for each c in [b2:b15001]'selection c.value=left(c,len(c)-4) next "billrebels4" <billrebels4.vt6hn@excelforum-nos...

Paste Cells in Column A to Columns B-K
Hi All, I was wondering if someone can help with writing an Excel Macro or some scripting. What I am trying to achieve is the following. In Column A (A1:A1000) there are values of L0xxxxxx xxxxxx=numbers (i.e L0123456) What I want to be able to do is move the values from column A to Columns B-K (10 Columns) 10 values at a time, upto 100 lines. A B C D E F G H I J K L00001 L00001 L00002 L00003 L00004 .5 .6 .7 .8 .9 L00010 L00002 L00011 L00003 L00004 ..5 ..6 ..7 ..8 ..9 L00010 L00011 Any help would be appreciated. T...

Publish to Sharepoint from Word?
Hello, When we had our old Sharepoint I was able to publish from Word and Excel to Sharepoint. When I try to do that now it does not work. In Word, when I want to publish my document, I was able to publish it to (Office button --> Publish -->) Document Management Server. But when I have the 'Save As' window open, no Sharepoint server is available. When I press the 'Create New Folder (Alt+F4) I am able to add the Sharepoint server. But when all administrative actions have been performed, no Sharepoint server is available in my 'Save As' window. And wh...

Highlighted cells
I need serious help please. Im using Excel 2000. When Im in Excel, I click on a cell and release the mouse button and all the cells are highlighted. I drag the mouse with no mouse button pressed and it still hightlightes the cell. I cant even close out excel after that. I click on the X and also go to file and it wont process the command. Ive tried rebooting the pc, reloading excel, and even reloading the entire pc. But the problem still exsits. Is there any one who can help with this problem??????? Stephen, First thing to try would be pressing the F8 key. If that doesn'...

Empty cells showing that they are default formated to "Date"
I created a spead sheet with one column set as a date the first to the end of the month. The other columns have various in text and accounting info. If I click on a empty cell it show in the format section on the bar the the cell is set up to have a date entry. This is all over the page. Can any one tell me why this is happening? -- Fred You can correct that by setting the formating for the other columns. Simply click on the column(s) then right click and select Format cells, or select the column(s) then go to Format and then Cells. In the selection list choose any option bes...

Please Help...I can not send/receive or delete email on outlook 2000
It gives an the following errors" Error has been detected in the file C:|Windoews\Outlook.pst. quit all mail applications and then use Inbox Repair tool." I spent hours tring to find a solution on the support section. Couldn't find it.. Thank you so much for help.. What size is yr *.pst? OL prior to 2003 can have problems when greater than 1.7gb The inbox repair tool is scanpst.exe If oversize; http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296088 David "Daniel" <dqiab@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:05a401c3676d$0ef74c50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > It gives an the follow...

Calculating cells
I have too many array formulas, and calculating cells takes to long that even freezes excel and stopped working. What I did is, from "options", tab "calculate", changed from "calculate automatic" to "manual calculations". After that excel works fine if I calculate cell by cell, BUT I do need to calculate more than 1 cell at a time. What I want to do is select a certain number of cells and then calculate them manually, and since they are array formulas I have to use ctrl+shift+enter. Do you know how to do that? -- asdf Mayb...

how to fix cells in excel and other move
I saw alot of excel wher some celles do not move and other move up and down so can any body help me to know how to make it Try this. Click on a cell, say B2 and pull-down: Window > Freeze Panes -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200847 "Bassam" wrote: > I saw alot of excel wher some celles do not move and other move up and down > so can any body help me to know how to make it ...

Highlighting A Hyperlinked Cell
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the following is possible: have two worksheets. The first one 'Matrix' has a number of project listed, but only by name. Each name is hyperlinked to the other shee 'Projects' where a description of each project is placed. As is th way, when you click on the link it takes you to the linked cell and i is highlighted with a thick black border. I was wondering if there is any means to manipulate this highlightin so that when the cell is highlighted it also turns, for instance yellow. Any ideas? TIA, Samuel -- Samuel ---------...

Name Cell, Copy Named Cell, And Add All Named Cells
I'd like to be able to have a cell that is able to be copied and then have another location that adds the original cell and any copies of that cell. In my situation, I have a group of cells that get copied different numbers of times each time I use the document. There is one cell in that group and all the copies that need to be added, but I never know how many times I'll be copy that group. Is there a trick for doing this? Thanks. There may be a trick but I don't understand your request. Can you use some cell references for examples. Gord Dibben MS Excel MV...

Running a script while editing a cell
I have found that scripts will not execute if you are editing a cell. Is there anyway around this? -- clayton ------------------------------------------------------------------------ clayton's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4563 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493669 I've never seen anyone post any macro that did something useful while in edit mode. clayton wrote: > > I have found that scripts will not execute if you are editing a cell. Is > there anyway around this? > > -- > clayton...

MS Excel does not interpolate empty cells
Trying to plot a contour map of a film thickness. The substarte is round. X/Y coordinates are not in a grid so the data table has several empty cells. Trying to use 'Tool/Options...', 'Chart' tab and selecting the 'Interpolate' radio button does nothing. The chart treats the empty cells as zero value. If it would interpolate I would be happy. I also tried this with a grid (square) X/Y table with a couple of empty cells and again, it did not interploate. If the cell contains a formula like =IF(A1=0,"",A1), then that cell is neither empty nor blank. I...

Deleting Unusual Recurrence of a scheduled item.
Hello, I have a strange problem. Somehow, I have an event that recurs every day until Dec 22 2005. I have no idea how this happened, but when I delete one, I don't get any message about deleting the series, meaning I have to delete this entry for each day from here to Dec 22 2005. The easy way is of course, to ignore the entry, but I would really like to clean it up. Any ideas how to do this? Thanks! Rick RWC <rcollens_SPAMONATOR_@hemmingway.com> wrote: > I have a strange problem. Somehow, I have an event that recurs every > day until Dec 22 2005. I have no ide...

how do i show figures as words?
I'm sure I've seen a spreadsheet where a number was entered into a cell, and there was another cell which must have contained a formula to show that figure in words (eg. for writing a cheque), does anybody out there know how to do this? It's probably really simple!! Cheers Carolyn See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips "Carolyn" <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E0BBB2-F03E-4383-8BA1-3F0F40AA52AB@microsoft.com... > I'm sure I've seen a spreadsheet where a number was entered into a ce...