deleted document

I have deleted an important document and need to retrieve it.  The document
deleted was on our server and I don't know how to find it and restore it.
0
dcalhoun (1)

Contact your IT staff and ask them to restore it from the last backup.  But try
to find out what share it was on (and folder and filename).  It might mean a
quicker response.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"dcalhoun" wrote:

> I have deleted an important document and need to retrieve it.  The document
> deleted was on our server and I don't know how to find it and restore it.
0
SVC (60)

delete teams
I have by mistake parented a team with the wrong business unit. I would like to reparent the team but it is not possible. I now want to delete the team, that is not possible either. It seems unlikely that you cannot regret such a mistake?! Please help! Lotten Hi Lotten, Sorry, but i don't think there is a supported way to do this. HTH, Niths "Lotten Holm" wrote: > I have by mistake parented a team with the wrong business unit. I would like > to reparent the team but it is not possible. I now want to delete the team, > that is not possible either. It seems unl...

How can I change an excel document
How can I change an excel document back a regular folder? I opened a folder with excel by mistake, it had several emails in it. Now I can't read it. what do I do to be able to change back to a folder so I can open it? Thank you. Sara gkuhL3@adelphia.net It sounds like you opened a file and actually saved it in excel (or let autosave save it). It that's what happened, do you have a backup of your original file? I don't think there's a way to go back. Depending on what that file was (plain text???), you may be able to reopen it in excel and extract some info--but I would...

Opening a Mac Document with Word
I wrote a book about 10 years ago and want to revise it for republication. I had someone put the book together for me, but he used a Macintosh program - BookMaker or something like that I think. Anyway, I tried to open the file on the Zip disc I have it on, but Word won't open it. I have Windows XP Home edition. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. jackson6770@comcast.net "jackson6770" <jackson6770@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1152677853.447805.121870@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I wrote a book about 10 years ago and want to revise it for > republi...

recovering a deleted mailbox
hello I have to delete and recreate user account. I ran MB cleanup agent and it found the deed mailbox. When I right click and choose reconnect it beings up the connect to a user box. The problem is it wont find the user or any users for that matter when I search. It is searching the entire directory and has user or other object chosen. -- Lee Morgenstein Lee <Alabama@nospam.nospam> wrote: >I have to delete and recreate user account. I ran MB cleanup agent and it >found the deed mailbox. When I right click and choose reconnect it beings up >the connect to a user box. ...

select a range of pages to delete in MS Publisher
Please tell me I am not the only one who thinks that deleting one (or two pages if you are in the two-page-spread view) is obnoxiously time-consumming. There should be a dialog box that lets you choose which pages to delete. In the help files, it even tells you that it is best to delete four pages at a time, but you still have to delete pages one or two pages at a time. This is ridiculous! Hope someone will consider fixing it in the next releas.e ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this s...

How to delete the column of impact and probability from Risks list
Hello, Is there a way to delete the default Probability and Impact columns under Risks in Project Web Access/SharePoint? Our client wants to use a 1-5 rating for each, so we've implemented drop-down menus in place of the default numeric fields. If we can get around having to create a new 'Risks' list, based on the default but without Probability and Impact, that would be great. Any help is much appreciated.... ...

Delete all items from discussion board but not the actual board
Hi All Just wondering if someone could tell me if there is a way of deleting all the items from a discussion board on SharePoint without deleting the actual board? The list I have is extensive as it was used for testing purposes, but it is now due to go live and i want to use the board just delete all contents in one go. Please let me know if this is possible, as i ideally don't want to go through each item in turn to delete! Thanks Jo Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Outlook Form Programming : Search the free/busy status of users and get the...

Money 2005
(Sorry for the duplicate post "Money 2005" - I fat-fingered it) I have used Money 2003 for 2 years now. I did not use ANY of the online features nor did I have a .NET Passport. I just purchased Money 2005. I took my existing .mny file and converted it for use in Money 2005. I tried to get the online services part working, but if you look at my previous posts, I have run into some really big problems with it. Anyway, as part of this upgrade I created a .NET Passport. Then I read that this puts account information and transaction detail online with MSN. I DO NOT WANT THIS! How...

Excel Data List
I have a large database in an Excel spreadsheet with subtotal formula below. When I used the Data - List function to sort through th database, a few things happened to the underlying subtotal data: 1. When I click out of the list, the cells in columns below the lis become blank. 2. The subtotals that are referenced by formulas in other sheets stil feed out as though the data were extant, though the cells appea blank. Why does the underlying data only show up when the active cell is i the defined list? How can I fix it? Thanks, Rya -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I fi...

deleting the dynamics.dic file on the server
Hello: Someone at a client of ours went in and somehow managed to accidentally delete the dynamics.dic file from the server’s GP code folder. Now, GP will of course not run on the server. The client tried to alleviate this issue by copying the dynamics.dic file and dex.ini file from a working workstation. That did not work. They still get errors on the server whenever someone tries to launch GP from the server (Visual Basic initialization failure, ".tlb files are missing", outdated versions of OLE system files are present, etc.) The client does not have a backup of this c...

Delete Rows #2
I would like to be able to delete a row with a name in it based on a cell with that name from another cell in a different worksheet. Any ideas? Thanks, Bernie Hi Bernie This example loop through row 1 - 100 on the activesheet and if the value in A is the same as in Sheets("Yoursheet").Range("A1").Value in delete the row Maybe you can use a Autofilter if you have many rows (faster) See this page for more info http://www.rondebruin.nl/delete.htm Sub Example2() Dim Lrow As Long Dim CalcMode As Long Dim ViewMode As Long Dim StartRow As Long Dim End...

Can't delete email messages
After i received about 300 worm emails, I can not delete any of the emails i have received. When I hit the delete key, I get the following error message " The message interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart outlook". I have Norton Anti Virus, and I have verified that my machine is free of Virus. Even though I have restarted Outlook many times, the problem persists. Any suggestions. thanks for the help Bob Yeary Bob@Yeary.net Oh woe is me. Regardless if you using an ISP or exchange server. Create a new pst file. Move the message you want ...

Deleting all even numbered rows?? Help
I have some data up to row 2200. Unfortunately, the data was capture with a glitch, to where all even numbered rows (2, 4, 6,.....2200 contain bogus data. I want to delete all even numbered rows in the spreadsheet, and hav the 1100 odd numbered rows shift up, so I have only 1100 rows of th real data on the spreadsheet -- Yel26 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Yel268's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1570 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27234 Hi one way: - in a helper c...

Delete with out delete folder
Is there any way to delete an email item and have it permanently deleted without having it first go to the deleted items folder. I am aware that I can have the deleted items folder cleared on exit but do not want to do that. Thanks, Will Will@k2e.com Hard delete the item (hold down the Shift key when deleting the item). -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Will Fleenor" <will@k2e.com> wrote in message news:uRFs5I$7DHA.712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

Delete reports
We have, over the months, created some reports using Crystal that we no longer need. Is there a way to purge these unneeded reports? Also, one of our users saved some reports to the wrong Enterprise folder and we cannot get to them. Is there a way to move them? Thanks! Krista, you can remove and rename rports using an application provided by microsoft. Check this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834791/EN-US/ "Krista" wrote: > We have, over the months, created some reports using Crystal that we no > longer need. Is there a way to purge these unneeded repor...

Unable to delete IMAP accounts
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 (10.2627.2625) where I had 4 IMAP accounts configured. I wanted to change the location of the .pst file and I don't know what I did but now I ended up having 8 IMAP accounts. Each account has duplicated. The 4 IMAP accounts are working and I am able to send and receive emails. but when it won't let me delete the duplicate ones. When I go to Tools-->Options-->Mail Setup tab-->Data Files button, I get to see all the 8 accounts but when I click the Remove button to remove the duplicate ones, it gives me error "This data file is associated ...

How to delete Pilcrow from composing messages in Outlook 1995?
The Pilcrows won't go away. Please help! Ctrl+Shift+8 to toggle them off and on. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile? http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=36602 "Sean" <Sean@discussions.micro...

O/L 2007 deleting valid e-mails
"all of a sudden" (after an update?) my Outlook 2007 has been sending inward emails apparently at random to 'Deleted' rather than Inbox. In some cases EVEN IF it's from a trusted address or if it's a reply to an e-mail I've sent. I can trace no pattern as to why it does so. Junk Mail filter works 100% correctly, however, and Junk ends up in the right place. Any cure?? Previous thread was inconclusive. TIA Phil Harrison nosirrah;114164 Wrote: > "all of a sudden" (after an update?) my Outlook 2007 has been sending > inward ...

Calendar continues sending appointment messages to the Deleted Items folder
Hi, I have a user who reports her Calendar (Outlook 2000) continues sending appointment messages to the Deleted Items folder. Server is Exchange 5.5 SP4 server. Any thoughts? Do they get added to the calendar before they are deleted? Does this person have the Resource Scheduling option under Tools->Options->Caledar set to automatically accept? Also, does the person have the option set to delete blank and voting options turned on? One last thing to check, does the user have any rules defined that affect appointment items? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to...

Deleted Mail
Hey all, Does anyone know of a good site for explaining basic Exchange admin issues. Kinda new to Exchange and would like to nail down some basics. One issue at hand right now is to some how retrieve mail that a user has deleted. If I remember correctly there is a timeout period from when the user deletes a message and when the server actually deletes it. Any help would be much appreciated! Michael If Deleted Item Retention is enabled on the Exchange Information Store and the user is NOT storing their email in a PST then you'll be able to use the "Recover Deleted Items"...

Delete Price Level
We've got some obsolete price levels that need to be removed. I've confirmed that they are not assigned to any items, item classes, customers, customer classes, or open sales transactions. But when I try to delete the price level I get a message "You can't delete this price level until you remove if from all item classes and items." The price levels to delete don't show up anywhere in IV00108, IV00101 or IV40400. Where else could it be looking? -- Jim@TurboChef Jim, Here are some more tables to check: IV00107 IV00113 IV40800 -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics G...

Recovering deleted records
Hi, By mistake a user has deleted an Account record in CRM, and thereby also all underlying Case records I guess. Is there any way to get this back from the database? Regards J�rn If you have the DeletionService running, then probably the answer is "No". When records are deleted, they are only logically deleted by having their DeletionStateCode set to 2. The Deletion service then comes along and actually deletes the records behind the scenes. I'm guessing that by now the records have already been deleted. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM -------------------------------...

Deleting list of Find Contacts
Hello All: In the Standard Toolbar in Outlook 2003, there is a Combo Box that says "Type a contact to find". Does anyone know to delete the history in this drop-down list? Thanks a lot in advance! Best regards, - Rajesh -- - Rajesh S. Shenoy To reply by email, please de-frag! its in the registry - there is a listing here http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm "Rajesh Shenoy" <rajesh_shenoy_frag@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:dbnu7n$3om$1@newshost.mot.com... > Hello All: > > In the Standard Toolbar in Outlook 2003, there is a Combo Box that ...

Deleting/removing unused rows in a worksheet
Excel 2007 all MS updates Is it possible to delete rows without ANY data automatically? Currently, I have a 2000+ row spreadsheet that has 250+ blank rows. Instead of doing this manually, how can the removal or deletion (squishing!) of the blank rows be done? For example, say I have a spreadsheet with data in rows 1, 2,4,6,8 and 12. All I really need are THESE rows with data. I want to squish, eliminate, delete the rows in 3,5,7,9,10,11. How can I do this by 'highlighting' or whatever the entire set (rows 1-12 above) and then performing an "delete empty row"...

deleting outlook express
In Outlook, when I move, slecting and highlighting with my mouse, from one mail folder to another (for example, from 'Inbox' to 'Sent Mail'), I see the text Synchronising Message Headers in the lowest bar of the window, and the programme takes several seconds to be ready. This is dramatically slower than moving around inside Outlook Express, so I wonder if this delay is normal. Anyone know? -- Kevo On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 02:51:01 -0700, Kevo <Kevo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Outlook, when I move, slecting and highlighting with my mouse, from one >ma...