Delete record(s) in other cells based on value of one cell.

What I have is a protected sheet, where all columns except for 3 are
protected.  I cannot delete the entire row with protection turned on.  So,
what I need is to be able to delete the value in these three columns, only
when the value in column A is "d".

Any clues?

Protection must remain on, users are using this spreadsheet and I cannot
allow them to have access to the formulas in these other columns.

Help...Micheal
0
MPope (1)

Provide a macro that unprotects the worksheet, does the work and reprotects the
worksheet is one way around the problem.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Sorting should be done on more than one column
Currently views can be sorted according only to one column. It would be better to sort on more than one column like in excel, first sort by A, then sort by B etc. Bilge Gul ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Com...

Workflows not starting automatically with one user
I am having an issue where workflow rules that were created and worked fine in 1.2 are not start automatically in 3.0 for one user (me). I can manually start the rule and it's fine and others can do the same action that should start the rule and it works for them..just not me. My research tells me is probably related to me being an administrator and/or being an administrator when I created the rules. I've also been told to look at the user that the CRM workflow service runs as and make sure that service account has the correct privaleges-which it does. I am just not sure w...

Knowledge Base Articles 05-01-06
We have created, approved and published several Knowledge Base Articles since March yet the Knowledge Base Search does not return any results no matter what we try. Do we need to do something in SQL to turn on full-text indexing? Is there some flag we've missed that enables search functionality? I am able to see the KB articles if I click down through the Subject Browse... I am also able to use the "Advanced Find" with no problems, and I can use the "Article Number Search". The "Title Search", "Keyword Search" and "Full Text Search&quo...

Return multiple lines for each record
OK, I'm hoping I'll describe this right, but bear with me. I have a table of values I need to generate a list from. This list will have 2 or three lines per record. As an example, here is the table layout User, Score, Transaction, StartDate, EndDate, Pct, Comment I need a query that will output as follows Line1: Comment1 Line2: Score1, User1, StartDate1, EndDate1, Pct1 Line3: Comment2 Line4: Score2, User2, StartDate2, EndDate2, Pct2 etc. etc. Basically, a query that will allow me to generate a flat file with 2 lines per record. I know this doesn't make sense as to why I wo...

Cells formatted for general and text show scientific format
I am working on an Amazon.com shipping confirmation upload. The workbook is downloaded from amazon.com. When I enter the Order Item ID number which is 14 characters, it displays in scientific format. I have tried general, number and text formats. Number format works if there is no leading zero but general and text do not. - Are you formatting the column for Order Item ID number before entering the data? That should solve the problem. - If you are formatting after entering the data, selecting F2 (Edit) in a cell will then put that cell into the correct text format (except for leedi...

Multiplying the number in one cell and providing the product in an
I've never set up a formula before, not even the most basic. I need help and I'm not sure if its entirely possible. Please let me know. Labor Hours Labor Cost (95/hr) 2 190 5 950 I need to be able to enter in the number of hours in one cell (under labor hrs) and have those hours multiplied by the cost ($95) and the product displayed in the cooresponding cell (under labor cost). Is this possible? If so, how? EXCEL 2007 1. In cell A2 I have put your 2 (your hours figure). 2. In cell B2 I have put ...

Why when i have more than one workbook open and i want to save ch.
When i want to close only one workbook all of them closes and then i have to reopen the ones i want Why? Hi at the top right of the screen do you see two X - the top one should close the application and all workbooks - the bottom one should close only the active workbook does this work for you? if not, does using File / Close from the menu work? Cheers JulieD "Jaykhi" <Jaykhi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6802A15F-D23B-4458-B1DE-8E56E3686B69@microsoft.com... > When i want to close only one workbook all of them closes and then i have > to > ...

Cannot delete one message in Windows Mail
A message fron Sen Feinstein to an individual copied to me can not be deleted ? On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:43:18 +0100, John Kirby wrote: > A message fron Sen Feinstein to an individual copied to me can not be > deleted ? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows version number in the message. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

series of cells in a column #2
thanhyou so vey much -- ROLG ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ROLG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16066 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=275347 ...

Combine the contents of two cells.
I want to copy the contents of a cell and insert it at the beginning of the text of another cell: ie I want to combine the text contained in two cells into one cell. I can do it manually but would like to use a macro as I have a lot of cutting and inserting to do!! I use Office 2000. Hi! Assume you want to combine cells A1:A100 with cells B1:B100. In cell C1 enter this formula: =A1&B1 If you want a space between values: =A1&" "&B1 Drag copy down to C100 or just double click the fill handle. Now, if you no longer need the data in columns A and B select C1:C10...

Avoid duplicate records
Is there any way to avoid creation of duplicate records (account, contact, lead) in Microsoft CRM 1.2? Thanks Daniele, There is no built-in duplicate checking in the application. Typically, this is more of a procedural item. However, there are things you can do to add some of this functionality, but it would involve custom development. There is a basic example on MSDN that shows some basic functionality in this area, but it is far from a complete working solution. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, ...

Count of cells since first purchase
Hi, Looking for a bit of help with the below. I want to calculate how many weeks have passed since a customer first purchased from me. So for example see below. I want to calculate in cell E2 how many weeks have passed since Account 1 first purchased from me. In cell E3 i want to calculate how many weeks it is since Account 2 first purchased from me. Week 3 April Week 4 April Week 1 May 10 Account 1 2 3 Account 2 1 Account 3 ...

Cells that "appear" empty plot as zero. Do not want cells to plot.
I read thru some of the posts about plotting empty cells and can't seem to find the right answer to my problem. I have a bar chart (Jan thru Dec) which I currently show data running through June. All cells contain the same formula (therefore none are "really" empty). My formula uses the " " to make the cells for July thru Dec "appear" empty, therefore the graph is plotting these cells as zero. I know that I could use 'NA()' and force a #NA error, but I don't want that error message to appear in my cells. Is there a way to not get the ...

Cascade delete
Hi, I need to find out if the cascade delete option is set on any of the tables in my database. Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers Mounilk Mounilk (mounilkadakia@hotmail.com) writes: > I need to find out if the cascade delete option is set on any of the > tables in my database. Any help is greatly appreciated. Look up the catalog view sys.foreign_keys in Books Online. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL S...

How do I set a cell value based on a formula in another cell?
How do I set a cell value based on a formula in another cell? =IF(D4="P.B.A.",G8,0) ,This works to set the value in the cell the formula is in, say cell A1. I would like to have this formula reside in cell A1 but set the value in cell A2 to (G8,0). Also it would be helpful if I could lock cell A2 based on a False condition from this formula in cell A1. Thanks Gary I note that this entry is also asked and answered in Programming. dingy101 Wrote: > How do I set a cell value based on a formula in another cell? > > > =IF(D4="P.B.A.",G8,0) ,This w...

In-cell progress bars?
Is there a way to have an Excel (2003) cell display a percentage result from a calculation as a shaded percentage of a cell instead of returning a result? It seems like that sort of thing should be in Format Cells... > Shading, but there's nothing there. This is possible to set up in an HTML cell by including a 1-pixel-wide graphic then changing the width attribute of the img tag. Is there anything similar in Excel? Thanks, -j One way you could do this is by means of this formula: =REPT("|",100*A1) if you have a percentage in A1 - it will repeat the pipe character once fo...

Can't delete Contacts in Address Book in Outlook 2000
It might be coincidental, but soon after I installed the Outlook Personal Folders Backup, it seems now I can't delete names from my Contacts and I want to delete names I no longer need to send e-mails to. When I attempt to delete those names, I get this message: Some names could not be deleted from the address list. The action could not be completed. Does anyone know how to get around this? ...

Locking Cells #6
Is there any way to lock cells in excel so that no body can overwrite it, specially cells containing formulas. TIA Try the instructions here: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/cell_locking_in_microsoft_excel.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "newbie" <jcd@refid.com> wrote in message news:O0DJJeihFHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to lock cells in excel so that no body can overwrite it, > specially cells containing formulas. > TIA > > ...

strange window resizing glitches under XP (not strictly an MFC question but it's making my app look bad)
I've noticed a very ugly graphical "effect" when resizing a window under XP (Windows XP style / Silver appearance / ShowContentsWhileDragging). Resizing the right/bottom edges works like win2k (i.e. as expected) but dragging the left or top edge causes the right or bottom edges of the window frame to flicker like hell as the background pops through and then gets drawn over with the window contents. Try opening a large window of "My Computer" and then drag the left edge backwards and forwards across the screen quickly and repeatedly - not nice. There's also another...

Changing data orientation from one sheet to another
Hi, On sheet1 the data is oriented vertically as A1 A2 A3 I'd like on sheet2 the data be oriented horizontally A1 to A1 A2 to B1 A3 to B3 Can it be done? if so, how? TIA Olga Excell 07 Copy the data from sheet1 Select A1 of sheet2 and paste special>transpose. Note: cannot be done if you have more than 16384 rows of data in column A Also, I think you have a typo at A3 to B3.........maybe A3 to C1? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 19:55:12 +0200, "Olga" <noemail@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >On sheet1 the data is oriented vertically as >A1 >A...

How attach a file in one cell
I'd like to know if it'll be possible attach a file (word, pdf...) in one cell. I'm doing an Excel doc. and I need to put some instructions by doc. attached. in some cells. Thanks! In article <A23394A2-B804-4855-875A-7664B90F4F48@microsoft.com>, How attach a file in the cell <How attach a file in the cell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to know if it'll be possible attach a file (word, pdf...) in one > cell. I'm doing an Excel doc. and I need to put some instructions by doc. > attached. in some cells. Thanks! Cells can contain...

Delay in receiving SOME mail for one account
I have an exchange 2003 enterprise server with Windows 2003 enterprise server. Out of the 30 employees in the company, only ONE has a delay in receiving SOME of their e-mail (the president of the co). It seems to arrive about a week later, but if someone else in the company was CC'd on it, that other person will receive it. All the mail is filtered through Symantec Mail Security and then through the exchange server. All the appropriate ports are open. Do anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks!! How is the president's client (Outlook?) connecting? I suspect that th...

Null value field
Hi I would like to find out whether a field has a value i.e. is it null. What is the syntax to do that? Samuel On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 00:22:10 -0000, "Samuel" <samuel.shulman@ntlworld.com> wrote: >Hi > >I would like to find out whether a field has a value i.e. is it null. > >What is the syntax to do that? > >Samuel > In SQL query criteria: Fieldname IS NULL in VBA code (you can use it in calculated expressions in SQL too): IsNull([fieldname]) John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Filter combo box based on another unrelated combo box
Any help would be appreciated. I have a form that has two combo boxes one being Service Type and one being Assign Employee. The Service Type combo box is called CategoryID and the Assign Employee combo box is called EmplID. The combo boxes are unrelated but I would like to filter/limit available employees based on service type. Example - Service Type = Mowing (CategoryID=23), the Assign Employee combo box row source has (EmplID=100) and also has a field called CrewLead which is a Yes/No field. If Service Type = CategoryID of 23 then only list employees where CewLead =True,...

Help? My formula is displaying in my cell
Hi there - For some reason I have one cell (in a workbook where everything else i working) that when I type in the formula in the formula bar . . . th stupid formula is showing up in the cell. My formula is simply this: =Info!B13 Because I am taking text from a sheet labeled Info in cell B13. I'v done this for about a million cells in this workbook so far an everything else has worked. This one stupid cell is just showing m the formula. Can anyone give me some suggestions to fix that? Much appreciated! Thanks! Jennife -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Jennifer,...