delete excess rows

I have somehow gotten 1000 or more  :confused:  :confused: extra rows i
my spreadsheet.  How can I find the end and delete the extra rows

--
adho
adhok's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1471

I think you have to answer that yourself. You say there are extra rows. How do
you know that? Just because there are too many rows? Have you checked whether
some rows are duplicates of others? (Used Advanced Filter/Unique Records for
that.)

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:14:05 -0500, adhok <adhok.1d47f9@excelforum-nospam.com>
wrote:

>I have somehow gotten 1000 or more  :confused:  :confused: extra rows in
>my spreadsheet.  How can I find the end and delete the extra rows?

0
anonymous (74722)
9/25/2004 2:05:25 AM
Hi
see:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14715
> View this thread:

frank.kabel (11126)

Insert a Row
How do you insert a new row imbetween rows without bringing down the Color of the above row? It always happen's Any suggestions would be appreciated. The only thing would possibly be a Macro with cleanup With Thanks I found a solution. Copy a Blank row, Then use copy insert I would welcome other solutions Tools>Options>Edit. Uncheck "extend data range formats and formulas" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On 6 Jan 2007 07:07:00 -0800, "smandula" <smandula@idirect.com> wrote: > >I found a solution. > >Copy a Blank row, >Then use copy inse...

Reverse chart column and row order
I'm running Office 2007 and all my charts are showing up in reverse order: I want a bar graph that looks like this: Series 1 -------------------------------->Column 1 Series 1 ------------------------->Column 2 Series 1 ------------------------------------->Column 3 Series 2 -------------------------------------->Column 1 Series 2------------------>Column 2 Series 2-------------------------->Column 3 What I'm getting is: Series 2-------------------------->Column 3 Series 2------------------>Column 2 Series 2---------------------->Column 1 D3M ----------...

delete autocomplete mail addresses
When I address a new email I place my cursor in the To line and type a few letters of the person's name. The autocomplete feature pops up a list of addresses, that I have used in the past, to select from. I want to delete some of these entries. My editor is Word and I have a Windows XP machine. I've gone into contacts and the addresses I want to delete do not exist in the contact list. I've gone into the Dictionary and edited that. These addresses were in the dictionary but I deleted them from there, restarted the pc and still they still pop up in the Autocomplete l...

How to recall and delete a particluar message..
Hello, I have Exchange 2003. Is there a way to recall an email and delete it from everyone's mailbox? I know there is the recall function in outlook however I have already tried this and it doesn't seem to recall messages that have already been opened. Is there a way through ESM maybe that can search for this email then I have the option to delete it. The message has gone to about 100 users. Thanks TKE402 On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 13:27:01 -0700, TKE402 <TKE402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I have Exchange 2003. Is there a way to recall an email and de...

Deleting Multiple PST Files
I now have 3 sets of personal folders in Outlook 2002. I need to delete 2 of them so I can eliminate the confusion when saving files. How can I delete the additional personal files. I tried deleting Outlook and reinstalling but it automatically kept everything. Dear Brian, have a look on this site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011170471033.aspx may it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Public OutLook: Share Outlook without Exchange Public SyncTool: Outlook PST Synchronization www.outlookstore.com Brian wrote: > I now have 3 sets of personal folders in Outlook 2002. I ...

Exchange 2000 Deleting Mailboxes
When a Exchange2000 mailbox is deleted with all messages still in it, are there any potential orphaning problems? I also want to know what happens to new messages sent to that account after it is has been deleted. I assume they get bounced back to the sender, but I want to make sure they don't get sent to the admin mailbox. Thank you, Wes So, you delete an account or you delete a mailbox? They are different things. If you delete one, the other is still there. If you delete an account, mailbox is orphaned but you can reconnect it before mailbox retention time expires. As for the new me...

Deleted emails are disappearing after send/receive on my IMAP acco
I am using Outlook 2007. I just set up my IMAP account with Go Daddy. My Inbox current view is set to IMAP messages and the purge is off when switching folders. The deleted messages stay in the inbox with a line through until the next send/receive and syncronized the subscribed folders and then they disappear automatically. I want to manually delete. Help I am afraid to delete now. racermom;114566 Wrote: > I am using Outlook 2007. I just set up my IMAP account with Go Daddy. > My > Inbox current view is set to IMAP messages and the purge is off when > switching ...

Counting With Blank Rows
Hi, If I have a column of numbers like this: 4 5 6 3 7 8 9 3 2 7 4 1 4 How do I count the number of items between the blanks so it will look like I have it in the example. The number to the right and bottom is the count. So, for the numbers 4,5 6 the count is three. For 7,8 9 the count is three and for the numbers 2,7,4,1 the count is four. Is there a way to do this withoug using a macro? Thanks. Hi, You need to use the "count" function. If the rows in your example are 1-12 and the column is A, for the first group you'd type in (in column B) "=count(a1:a...

Excel no autosum after rows added
Using Excel 2000, adding contents of columns using the standard formul (=sum(A1:A45)) etc.. Then paste linking result into anothe sheet/workbook. When adding new rows using a macro the formula does not work and th paste link is kaput.. Help pls -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Gmats, If I understand your question correctly, you have a table in Excel of which you have a total (sum) which you want to show up in other worksheets and/or other workbooks. This is done by linking to the cell containing the total. When you insert a row in your table, your formula does not adapt t...

Way to delete all entries in Outlook Cal for a prior year?
Is there a way to delete all entries in Outlook Calendar for a prior time period? Use the All appointments view and sort by date- select the older items and delete. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://forums.slipstick.com/s...

how do you colour alternate visible rows only
Can anyone help me with this problem ? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ try this Sub colorvisiblerows() x = Range("a" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp) Rows("1:" & x).Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone For i = 2 To x Step 2 Cells(i, 1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible) _ .EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Next i End Sub "mlynch" <mlynch.wh6ua@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mlynch.wh6ua@excelforum-nospam.com.....

Excel Row Limitation
Currently, there are only 65,536 rows available in my EXCEL spreadsheets. I work with large amounts of data which necessitates the usage of multiple spreadsheets. Is there any way to expand the number of rows available? Thank you, Scott If there were some way to do this, then 65,536 would not be the limit! Excel 2007 has 1 million rows best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "NPVSRUS" <NPVSRUS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39882114-33D2-4BF5-A9C7-B81D24523571@microsoft.com... > C...

Hiding rows before printing
Hi Hope somebody can help here. We run a large drama group, lots of different classes etc. All info relating to students is on a spreadsheet (Excel 2000) - names, addresses, phone numbers etc. It also contains data on who has signed up to this terms class. The class teachers get an attendance register printed from the spreadsheet. I have a macro that hides those columns of data that the teacher does not need to see. At the moment all students that were in a class last term are printed out , even those who have not yet 're-enrolled' in the class. How can I print only those rows wh...

Sorting Grouped & Non-grouped Rows
Hi, I have a worksheet listing all the tenants in an industrial business park. The first row is column headings then each company's details are listed....one company per row. There happen to be several Industrial Malls/Multi-tenant buildings in the park. For these I have grouped the individual tenants under the owner of the Building(bold below). Each tenant has their own data and the owner of the building (Company C below) display aggregate data from all its tenants Company A Company D COMPANY C (INDUSTRIAL MALL/MULTI-TENANT BUILDING) ...COMPANY E ...COMPANY F ...COMPANY H Company ...

How do I change row names from A to something else in Excel?
I will like to change row and column labels from standard to my own is there a way? e.g. instead of A, B, C and so on can I not name them looks more professional. You can hide the column headers (tools>Options>View); that will also hide the row numbers. Use Row 1 for labels, use Windows>Freeze Panes to keep Row 1 visible -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "laidbackmate" <laidbackmate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7476C4AB-2DDC-4C1A-8C73-227FD0E009C7@microsoft.com... >I will like to change row and column labels from standa...

delete user define setting
Hi I have previously entered a user defined chart in the custom types in Excel 2002, however, no loger use this and want to delete it in order to use the default setting when pressing "F11" how do i get rid of it? thank in advance Brian -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-chart/200701/1 Select a chart. Go to Chart menu > Chart Type > Custom Types tab. Click User Defined button, select Default under Chart Type, and click Delete button. This resets the default to the original (default) default chart type. - Jon ------- Jon P...

How to delete Suggested Matches from "Search for Files and Folders"
Deleting Suggested Matches in Internet Explorer does not seem to be difficult, but how to do the same when "Search for Files and Folders" in Windows Me? When I go to "Containing Text" it issues a list of Suggested Matches, can anyone help? Thank you, Boy. ...

Albert Kallal's Multi-Select to delete selected records?
Hi, I have used Albert Kallal's multi-select ( http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html) example to select records on a continuous form and have them displayed on a report. Is it possible to use similar logic to Albert's multi-select example to delete selected records from a continuous form? Thanks Anthony biganthony wrote: >I have used Albert Kallal's multi-select ( >http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html) example to >select records on a continuous form and have them displayed on a report. > >Is it possible to use s...

Selecting First Row of Datasheet
When a Split Form opens in AC2007 how does one programmatically select the first row of the Datasheet? Thanks, James ...

Transpose to break up one long row to many?
Hi All I have a problem i hope you can help with. The sheet i have has rows of many columns, what i need to do is leave the first 5 columns of data and underneath that row insert the next 5 columns of data, then the same again with 4 columns, 5 columns, 4 columns. One the has done move to the next original row and repeat till the end. Any suggestiosn on a macro to help? Thanks Try this to move in blocks of 5 Option Explicit Sub breakrowtorows() Dim i As Long Dim j As Long Dim r As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False For i = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row To 1 Ste...

Recover Deleted Items Problem
Can someone tell me if this is a bug. When you have the policy, "Empty Deleted Items folder upon exiting" turned ON your recovered deleted items does not work. When the policy is OFF it works. Can someone from MS tell me if there is a fix for this or what might be happening? Thanks in advance Lando wrote: > Can someone tell me if this is a bug. When you have the policy, "Empty > Deleted Items folder upon exiting" turned ON your recovered deleted > items does not work. When the policy is OFF it works. Can someone > from MS tell me if there is a fix for this o...

How do I keep a formula from changing if a row is added or delete.
I have a formulas referencing cells in another worksheet. When rows are added or deleted from the worksheet the formulas are either changed to skip the new row or receive an #REF! error when a row is deleted. Regardless of what happens in the worksheet I want the formulas to remain the same =INDIRECT("Sheet2!A1") HTH. Best wishes Harald "cwolterman" <cwolterman@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:241767D4-7DF4-4D63-9F98-D693164D3A02@microsoft.com... > I have a formulas referencing cells in another worksheet. When rows are > added or deleted ...

Deleted files
Help....I found a deleted file in my recycle bin, restored it, but cant open it....Its all symbols, how do i get it back to its original state...and any ideas how it may have ended up deleted..i know i didnt do it What kind of file is this? If it is a Word document, try Open and Repair. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "LLS" <LLS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02336081-C7AB-4478-AC64-4F6AF12CBF3E@microsoft.com... > Help....I found a deleted file in my recycle bin, restored it, but cant > open > it....Its all symbols, how do i...

Would like to delete a folder I added to Folder List in Outlook 2002
HELP says: 1. In the Folder List, click the folder you want to delete. 2. On the File menu, point to Folder, and then click Delete 'Folder Name'. After clicking the folder I want to delete and going to File | Folder, there is no delete option available. There is a Delete Outlook Today option, but it is grayed out. How can I delete the folder I added? TIA I always use right click, delete.... Are you using the folder list or the outlook bar? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual Quick...

what is maximum row length in excel
what is the maximum row length in excel ? how many records can i put in before it fills up? If you mean the number of cells, that is 256. The max number of rows is 65536 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "dlb1228" <dlb1228@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E190A89-C17D-42D2-A20E-056826134D3C@microsoft.com... > what is the maximum row length in excel ? how many records can i put in > before it fills up? hi, in xl help type the word specifications. 256 columns by 65536 rows. no more, no less. regards FSt1 "dlb1228"...