Delete duplicate Cells (formula)

Is there a formula that will delete duplicate Columns/ and or rows

--
Ran
Ran's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29049

Bumping up--- If it can not be done let me know

--
Ran
Ran's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29049
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=487802

Have a look at Chip Pearson's Duplicates page:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

Hope this helps
Rowan

Ran wrote:
> Bumping up--- If it can not be done let me know

How do I get deleted items that stay in inbox with line thru them.
I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted items to go automatically to the deleted item folder? "rwwhit" <rwwhit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D17761E-CD1B-4D04-BACB-B0D837C4DD93@microsoft.com... >I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a > message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted > items to go automatically to the deleted item folder? That's normal behavior...

Formula 'GOTO'
Hello, I have a user who prior to a reimage of her drive had the ability to place her cursor in a cell in Excel(workbook 1) and if the formula was linked from another worksheet(workbook 2) she could double click and it would take her to the original formula (workbook 2). Of course now that we have re-imaged her drive she no longer has the ability to do this. She is running OS XP and Office 2002, sp2. Tools|edit tab Uncheck "edit directly in cell" and try it out. helpdesk genie wrote: > > Hello, > I have a user who prior to a reimage of her drive had the ability to place h...

Deleting Row
I am using two worksheets (in the same file), each containing a vertical list of names. Worksheet B pulls a list of these names from from Worksheet A using "=worksheetA!cell# At times I must delete a row containing a name from Worksheet A. I thought this would delete the data in Worksheet B and move up all the new data in Worksheet A into Worksheet B since I deleted a row and all the names below this row moved up to a new cell location. I have also used the "$" function in my formula, but no luck...........as everytime I delete a row in Worksheet A, the copie...

Why GPF when deleting dynamically allocating memory usng realloc?
Hi, I wish to reallocate more memory at run time in a dialog based application. I know I can use the CString class which does things automatically, but I wish to know how to do it the hard way. Here is the code: #define MAX_BUFFER_SIZE 10 .... void CReallocDlg::OnCMDRealloc() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here LPTSTR sBuffer = new TCHAR[MAX_BUFFER_SIZE]; INT nNewSize; _tcscpy(sBuffer,_T("A Test")); nNewSize=200; realloc(sBuffer,nNewSize*sizeof(TCHAR)); AfxMessageBox(sBuffer); _tcscpy(sBuffer,_T("This is a very long string")); AfxM...

When I am in one cell highlight another
Hello, When I am in one cell highlight another. Lets say that if my cursor is in A1 I want D1 highlighted or with another cursor on it. Then if I move to A2, D2 should be the one with another cursor or highlighted. Thank you for your help, Jose Juan Diaz hi, Jose Juan ! > When I am in one cell highlight another > ... if my cursor is in A1... D1 highlighted or with another cursor on it. > ... if I move to A2, D2 should be the one with another cursor or highlighted. 'put' a cursor on non-active-cell... [I don't think it's possible] :( to highlight 'D' wh...

Cell shading not working in Excel 2003
Anyone run into this bizarre behiour ?... When editing spreadsheet using Excel 2003 (Student Teacher Ed.)in normal view mode, the cell shading (and patterns) do not display on the cell. Black and white patterns do not show and colors do not show. The cell remains default white background. The shading patterns and colors selected **do** however, display perfectly when view sheet in print preview mode..I'm not using conditional cell formatting or anything that would otherwise affect the cell shading. Running on Windows XP Home. marty Hi Marty, Sound like a video problem. I can add border, f...

typing text onto two lines (one above the other) in one cell
What is the command and syntax to do the above? Thank you. Will, Press the Alt-Enter keys at the same time in a sentence to go to a different line within the same cell. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Will Naylor" wrote: > What is the command and syntax to do the above? > > Thank you. > ...

Deleting rows to resize workspace
Hi. I'm using a workbook that someone else created from a download. It has 23,600 rows -- yet the vertical scroll bar.. when on the last row.. makes it appear that it's only 10% from the top. In the past I've deleted all of the rows - going down to the full million - and then gone back to A1 and hit "save". Usually that refreshes the space. It's not working. I can delete them. And go to A1 and save - even tried resaving with another name.. but it (Excel) still thinks it's bigger than it is. Any ideas? Usually that technique works. Debra D...

Locking and Protecting and NOT displaying formulas
Is it possible to not only lock but also NOT display some formulas we have in a ROI-Return On Investment-spreadsheet??? Sum of the formulas are proprietary and would like them to not even be displayed within the spreadsheet that will be distributed to prospects leads. Let me know. Thanks! RTP, format, cells, protection, check hidden for the cells with formulas, protect the sheet. be aware that this protection is VERY weak and can be broken easily. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedb...

keep fill color when copying down a formula?
Hello. I've got a spreadsheet where every other row is filled grey or white. This makes things a bit easier to read in print, but the problem is, when I copy a formula down a column, the fill color comes along with the formula. Is there any way I can ``lock'' the fill color to the cells so that this doesn't happen? Thanks for any help that's out there -- I really appreciate it. R go to the edit menu, choose paste special then check formulas and number formats ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~...

How do you change the size of a range of cells in a column/row
without changing all cell sizes in those rows or columns You can't, width and height are properties of columns and rows, not cells. You can merge cells in two columns or rows to combine their width or height. In article <0F00CD03-E47C-44AD-9185-89BEEF4D3FEB@microsoft.com>, SOkoll <SOkoll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > without changing all cell sizes in those rows or columns ...

Need formula to cal percentage of 2 numbers
Hi, I would like the formula that will compare two numbers and give me the percentage in the third column. ex C4 compared to B4 put in cloumn D4 as a percentage, New to excel and need to know how to put the formula in the cell too? thanks for hel p in advance -- Mike B =C4/B4 and format as percentage -- HTH Bob Phillips "mike b" <mikeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D45EB6A-F7D6-4B53-B3DC-EEA724E69298@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I would like the formula that will compare two numbers and give me the > percentage in the third column. > ...

summing cells of Time
I got an answere to my other message but the trouble is it did not work -- --when summing a group of cells that have time in then the help says use this formula =Sum (cell:cell) if it is to be more than 24 hours the formula is =sum(cell:cell)*24 the trouble is nomater how I format the cells it still comes up either 0 or 0:00 Hi format your target cell with the custom format [hh]:mm to prevent the rollover after 24 hours -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Don Scarbrough wrote: > I got an answere to my other message but the trouble is it > did not work -- --when summing a ...

Using Excel 2000. All of a sudden none of my formulas wiil work.
i have tried to get help in excel help and it says more information is available on the web, I can't find it. I ran disk cleanup and disk defrag over the weekend. I am running a new computer and transferred my MS Office 2000 to it about 4 months ago and has been working fine until this week. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Tammy thch91 All of a sudden none of my formulas wiil work. Thanks Tammy "Tammy_91" wrote: > i have tried to get help in excel help and it says more information is > available on the web, I can't find it. I ran...

copy a cell value not its function
Excel question: ce11 A1 value=500 Cell B1 value=600 Cell C1 value=2000 Cell D1 value=50 Cell E1 value=C1-D1-B1-A1 use contrl+D to copy cell E1 value all the column down to cell E100 What I wnat is to use contrl+D to copy E1 value not its fuction. Please if someone could help. Hi KC, To copy down the snapshot value of E1: Select E1 | Copy | Select E1:E100 | Paste Special | Values | Ok -- OR -- To copy down a value which wll equal E1 and reflect any change in E1: Select E1 | Select the entire formula in the formula bar and hit F4 to convert to an absolute formula | drag down --- Reg...

using row number or column letters in formula
Now I'm trying to use a row number in a formula so I don't have to type the same formula individually on each row 12 times! My formula is currently this =SUM(INDIRECT("'"&'Control Sheet'!$F$57&"'!G7")+INDIRECT("'"&'Control Sheet'!$F$58&"'!G7")+INDIRECT("'"&'Control Sheet'!$F$59&"'!G7")+INDIRECT("'"&'Control Sheet'!$F$60&"'!G7")+INDIRECT("'"&'Control Sheet'!$F$61&"...

retain formula in additional workbooks
And the question is? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Lynch" <Lynch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:818D246B-FBAE-4C0E-B5F2-FA2B00158772@microsoft.com... > ...

Conditional DELETE
Hello everyone, Before I get into the meat and potatoes of this macro, column "H" will have a red (5) background put there by conditional formatting. So really not sure if this approach will work, but here goes. Check range Sheet1 (H5:H1968) for cell background = Red (5) if TRUE do nothing. If cell background = White (46) (or default I think), then DELETE each cell contents in Sheet1 column (I5:I1968) that condition applies too. -Thanks Any help would be appreciated. Ray Default is No Color which is -4142 Gord Dibben XL2002 On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:18:06 -0800, RayD <rc...

skipping blank cells in dynamic chart
I am creating a dynamic chart that captures 24 months of data. I'm using a vlookup to put data into the cells and it goes out 5 years. It looks like the dynamic chart code picks up the vlookup code 5 years out and tries to chart it. It also picks up months where no production accured. Is there away to ignore the vlookup if no data is in the cell? Here is a sample of my data: Dec 05 700 Jan 06 725 Feb 06 720 Mar 06 695 Apr 06 710 "blank" "blank" Jun 06 720 Jul 06 700 "blank" "blank" Aug 06 ...

Excel: showing/printing formulas
Hi! Where can I change the cells to show the formulas (rather than the result of the equation) Thx. RG, You can go to the Tools menu, Options, then the View tab. There, check the "Formulas" option. Or you can use the keyboard shortcut, CTRL+` -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "RG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BEC56831-61DB-459E-9124-555B9C4898C0@microsoft.com... > Hi! Where can I change the cells to show the formulas (rather than the result of the equation) Thx....

VBA: move to the next cell down from anywhere in the sheet
I am deleting rows based on a value in a column (< 16) and if the valu is 16 or greater I want to move down to the next row and check tha value and so on. i am using a Do Until value = "". What is the code for moving down to the next cell below ActiveCell -- jm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jmp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2903 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48770 Activecell.Offset(1,0).Select I would not recommend this though. If you want to dele...

Border lines on the side of the date cell partially missing
Outlook 2003 (version 11.8118.8107) on XP SP2 Pro. As of few days ago my Calendar appears with the border lines on the side of the date cell partially missing. They are white or gray roughly the height of the adjacent date number, while the rest of the line is OK (black). Any ideas? I'm trying to picture this...can you give me a little more detail? What view are you using? (monthly, daily, etc) Which side? (right, left) Could it be that you have an appointment booked during that time? Nikki Peterson "Jerry" <duncan_jeremy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...

Finding Formula?
I need to create a formula that will set a value from a table. For example, I have these data on Sheet 1: ID Name 01 Mark Anthony 02 Test Sample 03 Example Test 04 Beta VHS On Sheet 2, I have the same table but I need to type only the name on one column and the ID is automatically indicated on the same row. I have tried the Lookup function but I can't make this run. Please help. Mark Vlookup wouldn't work in this situation since the actual lookup column is not on the left. Lookup would work, but that can't be configured to *insure* an exact ...

Creating more than 1 line in a cell
Is there any way to create more than one line in a cell? You cannot use the RETURN or TAB keys since they take you to another cell. I tried using three cells and then merging into one, but then it only keeps the information form the uppermost cell and then deletes the data in the other two cells. Text-wrapping doesn't work because if the word(s) on the top line is long enough, then I have to add several spaces before it will be forced to go down to a second line. I've tried Excel Help, but it goes to autoformat and none of the formats are the ones that I want. Thank...