Define name #2

Looking for a way to define a name over several Sheets that will apply
to the active sheet only.
An example:
On Sheet1, Sheet2 and Sheet3 in cells A4:G17 I have a form that I want
to give one name (e.g.  OrderForm) that will automatically apply to
that area on the active sheet only.

I tried:
=SHEET1:Sheet3!$A$4:$G$17
but the following problems occur:

- the defined name �OrderForm� does not appear in the Name Box
so how can I use it?
- F3 (Paste Name Dialog Box) and Ctrl+F3 (Define Name Dialog Box)
doesn�t help either

Anybody who can put me on the right track?

--
digicat
digicat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14920

IM will not set the User defined field in the Item Migration
I am using the Inventory Item Destination adapter to bring in new items to GP. The problem IM does not offer a way to set Item Categories, So I decide to use the "User Defined 2" field in the migration to import the item category information. This is not working. Its not updating this field. And I took a look at the physical inventory table, and did not see any reference to my entries. Anyone know why it's not working or a better approach to entering the Item Categories? -- Thanks for your help Did You define the Item category values in the system? If Yes, You can use...

Barcode Reader #2
MS GP ver.9 anybody using barcode reader with GP for invoce/PO. its possible with GP ? how to solve this issue. rgs saf ...

How do you create an "html" file? #2
How do you create an "html" file? We need this file to display messages & promotions on the costumer display monitor ...

Box and whisker plots #2
Can anyone help? Does excel have a box plot graph function. i.e. like a bar chart except the bars are "floating" with the top value on the box representing the 75th centile, the bottom of the box representing the 25th centile, then error bars from the top of the box representing 90th centile and error bars from bottom of box representing 10th centile. I also would like to put a line within the box representing the median. Thanks John Hi, See Jon's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhisker.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.and...

Related Data Between 2 Different Workbooks
Hello everyone, I need to create 2 workbooks, which have data relationships. I don't know how to get data connect when I change data in the first workbook, this data will also be automatically changed in the second workbook. Please give me a hand. Thank you very much and I am looking forward to hearing from you. Regards, Peter -- freeecoom ------------------------------------------------------------------------ freeecoom's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27507 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470378 On...

Pivot Charts #2
Hello Is it possible to add a secondary axis to a pivot chart Also is it possible to display the 'grand total' on a pivot chart as well as the data that makes the grand total Thanks in advance James ...

Setting up a Custom type, User-defined, Default Chart
When I try to save the User-defined Chart, I get an error saying "can not save this workbook because another open workbook with the same name or add-in. Choose a different name, or close the other workbook or add-in before saving." I don't have an add-in interfering with this, as far as I know. I save the workbook under another name and the User-defined Chart is not saved. How can I save a User-defined Chart and how can I make it my default? I am using MS Excel 2000 (9.0.3821 SR1). ...

Name of function
Hi, I need to find out how to turn on and off an function, but I don't know what it's called and I'm having trouble find it. Let me describe it: In Outlook, when you start to compose a new mail message and you are typing in the "To" line, there is function that gives you options that you have typed before starting with those letters. Do you know what I mean? Example: I started typing: J The program fills in JRC@aol.com (which is what I've typed before). What is that called??? Where do I turn it on or off? Many thanks Elise Cormode It is called auto-complete ...

problem combining 2 formulas
Hello, I have two rates of exhange and I want to find the mid point and deduct 3% all in one formula. The bank buy rate is 1.6706 (cell a1) The bank sell rate is 1.6085 (cell a2) so =sum(a1-a2)/2 gives me the difference beween the two rates and I divide by 2 to find the basis for the mid point which is 0.03105 (cell a3) Then I create another formula (a3 + a2)*0.97 to give me the mid point -3% (or 97% of it the same either way) How can I combine the two formulas? I always seem to have a problem with circular refererences. thanks kinsey -- kinsey "kinsey" <kinsey@d...

I can't open Office Data File from CDs #2
Dear technical experts, I have been facing a security problem with Microsoft Outlook files. I exported Outlook items into Office outlook files (with the extension is .pst). The exported files were firstly saved on my computer (different path and location in comparison with default path of Office Outlook files in Documents and Settings). I can open my exported files easily. Because the size of outlook items is very large, I would like to save Office outlook files on another storage device in stead of using hard drives of my computer. I made copy these files to a flash drive (USB dri...

change column header name
Is there anyway to make the column header display change from the letters to a custom header row. I've tried name the column and then turning off column/row headers, but it's not quite what I'm going for. Can you actually edit the A, B, C, etc. in any way? Dusty, You can't change column headers. They are either alphabetic or numeric; they cannot have custom values. You might find it useful to put your column headings in row 1 and freeze that row. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Dusty" &...

Office 2008 12.2.0 Update will not install?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to install the 12.2.0 Update and I get the red exclamation point on the disk in the installer. the error message ins the installer is: "You cannot install Office 2008 12.2.0 Update on this volume. This update requires Mac OS X version 10.4.9 or later." The computer is a MacBook Pro with 10.5.7 and office 12.1.9 installed. thanks in advance, tb. On 7/21/09 12:50 PM, in article 59b7889b.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "tbInSM@officeformac.com" <tbInSM@officeformac.com> wrote: > &g...

converting lead error in 1,2
I get this error when i try to convert a lead to to an account and contact. Deos anyone have any ideas? Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information...

altitude crm connector #2
is there anyone who has experienced with altitude crm connector? how does it work? what does it provide? ...

Blocking Spam #2
Is there any way to set up a filter that will block email when the name is changing but the IP address is staying the same? For example, I may get multiple emails with the following addresses. XYZ@maillists.com, yut78@maillists.com, hyu87@maillists.com. Is there any way to set up one filter that blocks all of these (ie. users@maillists.com or something like this)? thanks Use just domain name in Junk Filter f.e. "maillists.com" or *@maillist.com (without commas) "Craig Burson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0e9401c39d5b$17fdf550$...

How to change the Lead name to Company name instead Contactperson'
How can I change the name off the Leads as shown in the Lead views? By default the name off a Lead - as shown in the views - is the name off the Contactperson's name - Instead I would like it to be the Company / Account name. Thanks in advance for your reaction Regards Leo You can't change the default index column, which in this case is the lead's name, but you can add a column to the view for the company name. This way you would get both the lead name and the company name. Go to Home > System Settings > Customization > Leads. Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blog...

Data Entry problem #2
When I enter numbers into spreadsheets they get changed to two decimal points (e.g. 250 = 2.5). I know there must be some global setting, but I don't know where. Can anyone help? one way; Ctrl+A to select the entire sheet. Then format>cells>number tab Alternative; Tools>options>Edit tab>uncheck the fixed decimals box HTH "Bob Shepard" wrote: > When I enter numbers into spreadsheets they get changed to two decimal points > (e.g. 250 = 2.5). I know there must be some global setting, but I don't know > where. Can anyone help? Hi Bob Just had...

error getting the encoding name from an XmlTextReader
XmlTextReader myXmlReader = new XmlTextReader(args[0]); string en = myXmlReader.Encoding.EncodingName; //Console.WriteLine(x); Error: Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. HOW CAN I GET THE ENCODING NAME ? Basically determine the encoding type. Also How can I "set" an application wide Encoding ? I want all modules and everything to stick to and conform to UTF- 8. But somehow some methods automatically go to UTF-16 xmlguy wrote: > XmlTextReader myXmlReader = new XmlTextReader(args[0]); > string en = my...

Addressees names in folders
When I send a message, the addressee's name appears in the Sent folder, however if I move the message to another (say subject related) folder or file it there on sending it, the name that shows is my name. How can I show messages in folders with the sender's name on received messages and the addressee's name on sent messages? -- geoff http://forums.slipstick.com Right click the column header of the folder, click Field Chooser, and add whatever field you like to be visible. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook : Outlook Categories? Category ...

HQ locks up for 7 mins. during each synchronization
During and after Synchronization you can't access items, print stickers or do anything other than run reports for a full 7 minutes each time. We synchronize every 15 minutes. We began experiencing this system freeze about 3 weeks ago. It is sure killing our productivity. Does anyone have any ideas on cause or fix. Please e-mail me at jnovoseller@yahoo.com. or respond here. Thanks. Joe JoeNovo wrote: > During and after Synchronization you can't access items, print stickers or do > anything other than run reports for a full 7 minutes each time. We > synchronize every 15 ...

Outlook 2003 problems #2
Just recently I have not been able to right-click on messages in m inbox in order to do a number of things (i.e. show as read or unread). When I right-click it doesn't do anything...no hourglass...no nothing. This is very frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks! Mat ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Bought Domain Name How Do I Change IP Address?
A very basic question I imagine, but I can't find the help on either provider site. Help greatly appreciated. I have some free webspace with my ISP (NTL) and with it comes a crazy IP address involving a string of numbers/myspace/name and NTL... or something vague and user-unfriendly like that. I bought my own domain name .co.uk through another organisation but haven't paid for them to host space for me as I don't need it (NTL weren't competitive) and want to change the name of my NTL space to this new IP. I've set up a bounce to point the .co.uk to the NTL URL but feel the...

Toolbars #2
Hi there, When using toolbars TBBS_WRAPPED can be used to wrap the tool bar at a specific button location. When TBBS_WRAPPED is set though the break happens automatically. How would I accomplish this: I want the toolbar only to break at the point where the toolbar buttons no longer fit on the screen (lllloooonnnngggg toolbar) and to break at the first button that becomes invisible (too far to the right). For me, the toolbar is just fine when using Small Icons but when using Large Icons the toolbar is too long for one line. Also if I add buttons to the toolbar (customize it) and make...

Data Points #2
How if possible can i get the data points in my chart to sit on the line itself. i.e. i have the numbers running along the bottom. 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 but the data states something should be on the 20 line, however the data point shows in the middle of 20 and 25 so the person lookin a tthe graph thinks the value is 22.5. how can i stop this. Thanks Craig Change the chart type from "Line" to "XY (Scatter)". The "Line" chart is very misleadingly named. It has nothing to do with whether you want a connecting line or not. A "Line&...

Get login name to spred sheet
Hi, I need to get login name into a worksheet as a value. I am using Windows 2000 as operating system. thanks Raj Private Sub Workbook_Open() Range("A1") = Application.UserName End Sub "Raj" <nata_hs@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:009201c3fadb$678cd310$3501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I need to get login name into a worksheet as a value. I am > using Windows 2000 as operating system. > > thanks > > Raj > Hi Raj In a module: Option Explicit 'top of module Private Declare Function GetUserName Lib "ADVAPI32.DLL" _ ...