Define name #2

Looking for a way to define a name over several Sheets that will apply
to the active sheet only.
An example:
On Sheet1, Sheet2 and Sheet3 in cells A4:G17 I have a form that I want
to give one name (e.g.  OrderForm) that will automatically apply to
that area on the active sheet only.

I tried:
=SHEET1:Sheet3!$A$4:$G$17
but the following problems occur:

- the defined name �OrderForm� does not appear in the Name Box
so how can I use it?
- F3 (Paste Name Dialog Box) and Ctrl+F3 (Define Name Dialog Box)
doesn�t help either

Anybody who can put me on the right track?

--
digicat
digicat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14920

duplicate names in Pivot Table
The more I use Excel, the more surprises I get! I have a Pivot table based on a 16-column data list, one of the columns being "End Uses," say, office machines, laptops, FAX machines, etc., a total of 15 different end uses. Each End use occurs several times in the column. For some reason, two of these end uses, though spelled identically, appear twice on the drop-down list of the table. Any idea how that might have happened? Probably one of the items has a space character at the end, and the other doesn't. K. Georgiadis wrote: > The more I use Excel, the more surpri...

Display name in Active Directory...
I have Exchange 2000 SP3 running Windows 2000 SP4 and using Outlook 2003. I used the ADSI tool to change the display name for my domain users to lastname, firstname. I used the ADModify tool to change all existing accounts Display name to have the new format so ALL my users display name now reads LastName, FirstName in the properites sheet. This gets reflected in GAL so things look good. I only have one problem, when I view the users name in active directory users and computers, the listings shows first name lastname. Is there any tool I can use instead of manually renaming all the existi...

convert #2
I have my checks on version 6 of quicken. It's backup file is qdb. It wouldn't run in this new vista machine so I bought the 2009 version. It says in black and white in a hard to find instruction that it has changed format and will not import my old files, it uses qif. I returned it and got my refund check today. How about that? My question. If ms money will import my old files, I want to buy it. If it will not, I don't want it. I have been looking and can not find anywhere it says one or the other. Glenn In microsoft.public.money, Glenn wrote: >I have my checks on ...

excel wont open file #2
I am trying to open a excel file, but a message comes up saying th file is corrupt ,is there anyway i can open i -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Text size #2
Hello friends, is there a way to change the default text size and the font for the incoming emails in OutlookXP, the email format is set to HTML with Word as the email editor. Appreciate your help. Thanks. ...

Outlook hangs at startup #2
All machines on the network have been working properly. Yesterday, 3 Windows XP Pro had Outlook 2000 hang on opening. The splash stays up with the Outlook window behind it but closes after about 1+ minutes. Sometimes it just hangs and I have to end program because it shows that it is not responding. I receive no error messages. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it on 1 machine with the same results. I looked at at the processes when starting Outlook and Outlook.exe starts and then goes to 0% after a few seconds. I have done a complete virus scan with nothin found using the lat...

Initial WorkBook Name
Normally, when Excel starts, the first workbook is named "Book1". If you run a second instance of Excel, you get "Book2" and so on. If you stop the first instance and start a new one, you get "Book1" again. We have a situation where when Excel starts, and there are no other instances running based upon Task Manager, we get things such as Book61, Book4, Book?. How is this initial value determined? Is there something "left" behind from other instances of Excel that could be causing it? Eventually, the system just goes plain crazy and we have ...

"Rules in Error" #2
I have set up folders with rules in my inbox, to have emails from specific users go directly to specific folders. It seems that somehow a rule must have gotten corrupt and now it no longer works, instead I gets this message each time I opens Outlook (and sometime when the messages are coming in.) It is an error message, "Rules in Error", the rule "Server-Requested Client Action", the error "Move Copy, Unable to create dest msg." I've gone into the modify section of the "Organize" feature, and removed all of my rules. However the problem still exist...

Value of cell Defines Range
Hello, I am trying to set a picture to a range of cells which I can do by setting the picture to a range like =$A$1:$C$5. My problem is that the range can change anytime. It will always start in $A$1 and end in column $C but the row for column $C can vary. I know what row column $C should be but I cannot not change the range automatically but have to do it manually. I can put the value for the row in column $C in a cell like D1 but I cannot think of a way to put that in the range automatically (See Example below). Any ideas? Example Range is =$A$1:$C$?. D1 contains the value of 8. So I want ...

Sercah for attributes within name
Hello I have an SMS report with all the servers. We utilize a naming standard. i.e mail server haf the same 2 lettters within the server name. I want to quickly filter my list to only display i.e. mail servers. How do i filter based on 2 letters within the names? thanks Custom>Contains Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 13:11:44 -0800, Johnsp <Johnsp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello >I have an SMS report with all the servers. We utilize a naming standard. i.e >mail server haf the same 2 lettters within the server name. > >I want to quickly...

Must Enter domain name on OWA 2003 Front End?
I noticed two things happen if you do *not* use your domain name when you log onto the OWA 2003 Front End server: 1. When you use the Logout button you get a prompt for your username and password again 2. When you try to open a link within an email message you are prompted for your username and password, and then you must use your domain\username or else the link will never open. Q. Is this because our Internet Mail domain name and our AD domain name are different? I thought the instructions from Microsoft said you could set a default domain, but the options were only for my email domain...

why RegQueryValueEx return 2?
long ret0=(::RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_CURRENT_USER,data_Set, 0, KEY_READ, &hKey)); ret0 is ERROR_SUCCESS but next long ret1::RegQueryValueEx(hKey, "LangType", NULL, &type_1, sType, &cbData_1); ret1 is 2 why?? of course I contained the name of the value "LangType" > long ret0=(::RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_CURRENT_USER,data_Set, 0, KEY_READ, &hKey)); > >ret0 is ERROR_SUCCESS >but next > long ret1::RegQueryValueEx(hKey, "LangType", NULL, &type_1, sType, >&cbData_1); >ret1 is 2 >why?? >of course I contained the name ...

Vista Service Pack 2 (KB948465)
I keep getting prompted to install this "important" update - KB948465. It successfully instals and then sometimes within a few minutes but usually a day later when turning on PC, I get a prompt saying new updates are available and it's this one again (same number). Are these all different patches that need installing (as I continue to do) or is this a problem that's causing the same patch to reoccur continually? Ian UK wrote: > I keep getting prompted to install this "important" update - > KB948465. It successfully instals and then sometime...

Topics on Electronics #2
Electronics is the field of manipulating electrical currents and voltages using passive and active components that are connected together to create circuits. Electronic circuits range from a simple load resistor that converts a current to a voltage, to computer central-processing units (CPUs) that can contain more than a million transistors. The following indices and documents provide a basic reference for understanding electronic components, circuits, and applications. http://electronicstopics.blogspot.com/2008/10/welcome-to-world-of-electronics.html ...

combine text from 2 cells HELP! PLEASE!
I have text in cell A and Cell B. I would like to add the text in cell B to the end of the text in cell A while seperating them with a | (pipe). One way: =A1&"|"&B1 or if you want spaces on both sides of the pipe: =A1&" | "&B1 HTH, ryanb. "John Adams" <johnadams@comcast.net> wrote in message news:nk17sv0h9j37coum79h30ac071gr7o8jdt@4ax.com... > I have text in cell A and Cell B. I would like to add the text in cell > B to the end of the text in cell A while seperating them with a | > (pipe). > John, Try a formula like ...

Printing modified CreateDate field in header reverts back
i create a new document. I insert a CreateDate field in the document. Then I create a header, and insert another CreateDate field there. I save the document as a template. I open a new document based on that template. I modify the date in the document (not deleting the whole field but just changing the day from today to last week). Then I go to the header and change that date in the same way. When I go to Print Preview, the date in the main document stays as I typed it, but the date in the header reverts to the create date (today). Does anyone know why that happens? An...

Crop Marks #2
I'm printing admittance tickets 5 rows X 2 columns per page. 4.5x 2.2 page size. Using the business card template. I have used advanced settngs to request crop mark but none are printing. Can anyone offer a suggestion, please. Thanks for your help. Lee You will not get crop marks if your publication fits the page. The only work around would be to use a lesser amount of tickets per page. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lee Hunter" <LeeHunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Quicken 2004 conversion #2
I had the same problem. I can convert an older 2003 file but it is not current. My Quicken 2004 file will not convert. >Subject: Quicken 2004 conversion >From: "JohnW" jandjwilloz@cox.net >Date: 9/13/03 8:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time >Message-id: <031501c37a5b$7acd66c0$a401280a@phx.gbl> > >I had the same problem. I can convert an older 2003 file >but it is not current. My Quicken 2004 file will not >convert. > > > You CANNOT convert from Quicken 2004 to ANY Money year thru the Money converter. I suggest you convert from your last Quicke...

Summing values in a range Name
Hello, I clicked and dragged a range of numbers and named the range ZERO in the Name Box. I then wanted to perform a Sum of the number in that range and did this: =SUM(ZERO) and it worked, giving me a sum. I wanted to save time copying down a series of Name ranges named (predictably) ZERO,ONE,TWO, THREE, FOUR, etc all the way down to TWENTY-THREE. With the word ZERO in cell A1, the word ONE IN A2 and so on I thought I could go to B1 and enter =SUM(B1) and get results, but that doesn't work. How can an Excel user perform calculations on a series of numbers i...

Entourage Error Message #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I try to open Entourage i get the following error message. YOU DO NOT HAVE WRITE ACCESS TO THE ENTOURAGE FOLDER. TO RUN ENTOURAGE YOU MUST HAVE THE ADMINISTRATIVE REMOVE THE IDENTITIES FOLDER FROM THE APPLICATION FOLDER. I also get the following error when running Word or Excel. THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE OFFICE DATABASE. I have tried to repair the database but the database repair option errors. I have also re-installed Office and upgraded to Office 2008-1212. Any help would be great. Thanks "David_T@o...

User Defined conversions
How I can make classes compatible with each other without inheritance but using casting? Ex: class Me { } class You { } Me m=new Me(); You u=(You)m; I shall be able to access members of m through u Could not find much information anywhere! Thank you Regards Raj Raj wrote: > How I can make classes compatible with each other without inheritance but > using casting? You'll have to define "compatible" more precisely. In C#, there is actually a such thing as "user defined conversion", per the subject you gave this message ...

Windows 2003: Dynamic Filename for Backup Name
Hi, I am looking to schedule a regular backup in Win 2003 using the default backup utility. I would like the name of the backup file to be dynamic, with a date and time stamp. Date is more important than time; If I can get a filename with the date, but without a timestamp, that is fine. For example, today's backup should be Feb_11_2010_6PM_File_Backup, though Feb_11_2010_File_backup will do. Next week's today be Feb_11_2010_5_59PM_File_Backup, etc.. The specific date and timestamp format is not important to me. I am hoping that I can specify a filename such as &l...

RE: Matching names and inserting spaces
Thank You! This was very helpful! I have a new question that goes along with this. Is there a way to expand on the cell selection? Besides the names in Column B, I also have data in Columns C, D, E, & F that I need to keep with the names in Column B. Thanks Again! "Xt" wrote: > On Feb 13, 10:28 am, ILunacy <ILun...@discussions.microsoft.com> > wrote: > > I hope someone can help me out with this. Say I have column A filled with > > like 500 names, and column B filled with 300 of the same names. Is there a > > way or a formula to match ...

Delete names from a list
I need to open a master name list and delete rows from it based on the content of another worksheets. More specifically I need to have it look at the info in columns A and B and if that same information is in columns A and B of the second document, then delete the whole row from the first document. Look in vba help for FINDNEXT. There is a good example -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "ClemCadidlhoper" <ClemCadidlhoper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B9588B9-5B4B-4C16-88B2-60F2247BA909@microsoft.com... > I need to open a master name...

combining certain parts of 2 money files
I have money installed on my laptop and my desktop. I downloaded data from bank several months ago onto laptop and now I need to move to the desktop. (Gone from bank sever) I saw post on combining 2 files, but can you extract only certain tranactions from a certain account and move it to another file? I'm using 2005 premium. ...