default paths

Help, when i open any excel file it will not open.  the
excel application opens, but then i am forced to search
for the file again to open it.  under tools, options,
general it looks like i can put in paths to look for the
file automatically, any thing i put in there does not
work...

thanks,,,,,,,,

bryan
0
anonymous (74722)

im working on xp... thanks

0
anonymous (74722)
9/9/2004 10:31:44 PM
Bryan

Tools>Options>General  uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
Exit Excel and try again

If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel

Close Excel first and
On the Windows Taskbar

1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK.
2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.
See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
In that case Start>Run "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 15:17:47 -0700, "Bryan"

>Help, when i open any excel file it will not open.  the
>excel application opens, but then i am forced to search
>for the file again to open it.  under tools, options,
>general it looks like i can put in paths to look for the
>file automatically, any thing i put in there does not
>work...
>
>thanks,,,,,,,,
>
>bryan

0
Gord

Change default Sent folder location
I have configured two email accounts in Outlook. One using Exchange client and another POP3 account which is set as default. When I sent any email from Exchange client account, I want that email to appear in my personal sent folder and not in Exchange client folder. I have setup a rule with 'move a copy' to personal Sent folder. The issue is that all the emails which are 'moved' from Exchange Sent folder to personal Sent folder are marked as 'unread'. Is there any way to show them as 'Read' or is there any way to change the default Sent folder from Exchange ...

Change default calendar?
I'm using Microsoft office 2007 and Windows XP. Is it possible to change the default calendar? Currently when I'm at home and accept an appointment from work the appointment shows up, but not in the correct calendar. I want my work calendar to be the default. Thanks, Dennis You need to set the work account as default for the calendar to be default. (Use rules to move personal mail to the personal pst.) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by...

Default mail client not saved
Hi! I just notice that everytime that a user uses MS Outlook 2000, it ask if I need to use it as default mail browser? Eventhough that I change it on the Internet Explorer properties, and apply, and try to view the Internet properties, the settings was not being saved. Clients are using Windows 2000 Professional SP4. Me ...

How do I change the default paste settings in Word 2008?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi there - <br><br>I need to paste everything as unformatted text. Is incredibly time consuming to select Paste Special and then select unformatted text. Can someone help explain how I can change it to a keyboard command or something that makes it more efficient for me to paste unformatted text? <br><br>Thanks! Unfortunately there is no available setting for doing so. The only option is an Apple Script for the purpose but I'm afraid I haven't held on to a copy of it. You may be able to dig it out...

Default Postal Address & Applescript
Hi, I'm trying to retrieve the default postal address of a contact using Applescript. The applescript I'm using is: set thisDefaultPostal to name of default postal address of theContact Where 'theContact' contains a list of contacts. For some reason the command returns 28005 for home and 29291 for work postal addresses. What is the significance of these numbers? I was expecting either "Home", "Work" or "Other" as it states in the documentation. By the way, I'm also extracting other information from 'theContact' which ...

Track items in non-default Outlook folders
It is important to be able to "Track in CRM" Outlook items from non-default outlook folders. Some users (assistants to managers) have access to the Outlook calendar and Mailbox of the manager in order to schedule appointments and send email on behalf of the manager. They are currently unable to create any CRM outlook items on behalf of the manager as only their own outlook profile (and their default calendar) supports tracking in CRM (in CRM3.0). They do not use CRM appointment and email funcitonality from the CRM forms (outside of Outlook folders) due to the fact that you...

Express 6 default attachements to a folder not temp. internet file
OK heres the problem to the community. In Outlook Express ive been trying to save an open attachment from an email to a folder that i want. I know now how to default the "Save Attachments ... " to a folder i want. But the emails that i get hundreds of a day have to be checked because of the variations of the emails. So i open the document (doc or pdf, doesnt matter) and File/Save As and it goes to Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 . its a little annoying but i can handle it. so if i have to deal with hundres of email that i need to save the attachments then pick the pla...

Track email in CRM
When in Outlook and you click "Track in CRM" and you go to set the "Regarding" field, the search scope defaults to Account. Is there any way to change this so that it defaults to Contact? I've been able to change this on other forms by using something like: var item = document.getElementById("customerid"); item.defaulttype = "2"; However, I'm not sure where I would add javascript to affect this dialog box that is popped from Outlook. Thanks I have the same issue... On Mar 24, 4:29=A0pm, Brian Cross <BrianCr...@discussions.microsoft.co...

When fwd'g-Otlk uses acct other than default
When I forward an email received in my default account, Otlk will use a different account to send the email I'm forwarding. How can I control this? ...

Running rules on mailbox other than the default
I seem to remember someone on her saying that rules in Outlook won't run on anything other than the default mailbox. I'm curious to know why that is and if anyone has ideas on how to get around that. My situation is as follows...I'm running Outlook 2003 that connects through Microsoft Exchange Server (I don't know which version). I have 3 different mailbox folders that I can access in Outlook: My personal mailbox (all the mail that comes in addressed to me), a mailbox for security issues (all the mail that comes in addressed to the security email), and another one for...

How to change default formatting
How can I prevent Excel guessing what it thinks I want to type in a cell (mainly text). If I type in 1/2 it thinks I want 1st February 2003, but I just want "1/2" If I type in MAR01 it thinks I want 1st March 2003 but I just want "MAR01" etc etc Its a real pain! I knew about that one thanks. However I want to avoid having to do that every time. Any other ideas? -- "Kevin Stecyk" <stecyk@nohotspammail.com> wrote in message news:OGhujJanDHA.2732@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Ian, > > Try preceding the "text" with a single ' (apost...

Double parentheses when scripting defaults
I have a monitor that compares schemas of tables and reports any changes between servers, I've noticed, there are some servers that all their default definitions have double parentheses, after trying to change it back to "normal" they come back, also when creating new tables (using either management studio or t-sql) the double parentheses come back, this happens server wide, regardless of database. This only happens on specific servers, leading me to believe it might be some server settings (or some bug related to one). Anyone knows the cause of this? all these t...

Outlook default attachment folder question?
Hi all, Currently when I save an email (like in OneNote) I notice that the attachment file points to my C:\Documents....... folder. Is there a way to have Outlook save the files to another directory specifically the one on another drive where I store all of my Outlook files (e.g. pst)? There are times when I reformat and I'm worried about those files not being availible afterards on my C: drive. I'm using OL 2007 Thanks Kita No. I put the new location on the places bar (or in the shortcut area if using vista) so the new location is just a click away. Or you can put shortcuts t...

How to revert back to default color palatte from custom
Excel 2003 Somehow my color palatte changed from default to custom. I want to change it back to default. I've tried opening up a template that has the colors I want, only to have it too (grr) revert to the custom palatte. Any ideas? Carole O Colors travel with the workbook. So if you reset the colors in one workbook, it doesn't affect any other existing workbook. If you're really editing the template (and not a new workbook based on that template), make sure you save that template. Carole O wrote: > > Excel 2003 > > Somehow my color palatte changed fr...

Default Labor class in BP 2.5 project time entry
I have setup the business portal and configured a couple of project users to access the project time entry screen. I would like to customize this screen by making the labor class invisible, however it is not populated by default on the portal web page (although it is on backoffice version). The clients are XP with IE 6 SP1, I searched the CustomerSource KB and entry 848372 looked promising, but on these machines there is no Java Sun setting (or MS JVM section although I see this on other machines). Has anyone else ran into this and figured out a workaround? Thanks, Dave I think I answered m...

No Folder Path
I recently created a top level folder in ESM. When I check the properties on this folder, the "folder path:" is empty. This makes it hard to search for the subfolders since we have over 5600 public folders. We are currently in Exchange 2003 - Exchange 5.5 mixed mode. ...

Upgrade path from Microsoft Money 1.0 for Pocket PC
I am looking to move my old Microsoft Money data to something a bit more modern. Currently I can't even pull any of the database files off my PocketPC using ActiveSync. And backup/restore of the whole PocketPC is pretty tempermental. Help! Version of OS is Windows CE 3.0.9348. ...

Default SMTP email address
Hello I have installed exchange server 2000 with service pack 3. all my users have internal and external email account as follows Internal account on the local exchange serve:FIRSTNAME@COMPUTER.CO external account on our external web site hosted by ISP:FIRSTNAME.LASTNAME@COMPUTER.CO My problem is that when my users sends email to the outer world using outlook the person who recieves the message get the internal address in the FROM address.(firstname@computer.com insted of firstname.lastname@computer.com I tryied to add the external mail address in the email addresses tape in the user propertys...

change default accounts receivable account
Hi, I've got seperate business income/expenses that I'm tracking with MS Money 2005 Small Business. And I have my primary business that I do 95% of my transactions through, then I've got my "side business". Currently, when I click on Business, it sends me to my invoice list for my side business. As well as when creating invoices through the time tracking feature, the time tracking gets automatically added to a new invoice for my side business. This causes a lot of wasted time and a large margin for user error. I was hoping someone could inform me how I'm ab...

Default company for user?
We setup our clients with at least 3 companies to access, Fabrikam, a test company (with their setup) and a live company. They would like the live company to be their default company when they log into GP. Is it possible to assign a default company to a user? On May 8, 6:45 am, Danelle Sloboda <DanelleSlob...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We setup our clients with at least 3 companies to access, Fabrikam, a test > company (with their setup) and a live company. They would like the live > company to be their default company when they log into GP. Is it possible to &g...

Why is Out-Default required here?
gps | select name, vm, @{name='MB';expression={[int]($_.vm/1mb)}} -first 1 gps | select -first 1 | ft name, vm, @{label='MB';e={[int]($_.vm/1mb)}} -autosize The above two statements work just fine when entered via keyboard. If you put them in a .ps1 script file I get an error and the second pipe is not executed. PS> .\test.ps1 Name VM MB ---- -- -- AcroRd32 165748736 158 out-lineoutput : The obj...

Specify Default Ship To Address for POs
Would like to be able to specify, either within the POP Setups or Company Setups, which company address should default as the ship to address for POs. Currently it takes the main address in the Company Setup window (Tools>>Setup>>Company>>Company). In our case it is a PO Box. Each time a PO is written, the purchaser has to remember to expand the Vendor ID field and go in and change the ship to address. Most of the time it is for the same warehouse. If we could default this warehouse address for all POs, it would save us a lot of time and errors. Thanks, Eleni -----...

Re: New users added to the Restore store NOT the Default store
Bill - I have never seen this behavior before - how are you creating the users? If you are creating them through ADUC, is the mailbox location defaulting to the store in your recovery storage group or some other restore store? - Genevieve Orchard -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "William Datlenko" <bill@pccw.net> wrote in message > news:Oyptqx6JEHA.2692@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > When I now add a new user to the SBS2003 server, the user is being added > the > > Restore store not the Default store. T...

how do i make office document imaging the default for open faxes .
i need to make office document imaging the default to open tif files in outlook, can someone please help Right click on a TIF file, choose Open With then Choose Program That dialog should allow you to do what you want. "Wess" <Wess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:387FF921-0B03-418E-80CC-1A0AEBA05663@microsoft.com... >i need to make office document imaging the default to open tif files in > outlook, can someone please help ...

How to set default views to Hotmail Calendar?
Hi everyone, I have Outlook Live subscription (Outlook Connector with Outlook 2003). Every time I click "Calendar" in Outlook it takes me to the local "Calendar" folder. Same with "Contacts". Then I have to uncheck the local Calendar and check Hotmail Calendar to view. If I restart Outlook, I will have to do it again. How do I configure Outlook to automatically view Hotmail Calendar? Thanks! pkoli...@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have Outlook Live subscription (Outlook Connector with Outlook 2003). > > Every time I click "Calen...