Default Gridlines/Cell Border Colors

By default the gridlines on a worksheet and any borders
that you put around cells are the same color - black.  If
you change the gridline colors using Tools - Options -
View all the cell borders that you have created also
change color.  Is this a way to change the color of the
gridlines in a worksheet and keep the default color for
cell borders black?
0
anonymous (74722)

>>Is this a way to change the color of the gridlines in a worksheet and keep
>>the default color for cell borders black?

I don't believe so.  The automatic color for borders is whatever the color
for gridlines is, unless the color for gridlines is default.  When the color
for gridlines is default then the default color for borders is the color for
"font" under Windows Display Properties, Appearance, Advanced, Window.  This
is black by default but you can change it.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1932)

Running Sum of cell in many spreadsheets
I have a workbook that is comprised of daily bank deposits. Each worksheet has a cell H3 that has the total money collected. I would like to create a worksheet that will add the value in every H3 cell in the workbook. The formula must capture all worksheets in the workbook as they are added. In other words, I'd like a total of deposits for the year on an ongoing basis. Can you also create a graph of the totals by month? The tab on each worksheet reflects the date of the deposit (Mar 8 2010) or (Mar 5-6 2010). Insert two new sheets, and name one of them "start&qu...

Automatically up date time in a cell
Hi all, I can enter the time in a cell by using the =now() and can update it by hitting the F9 key but how can I make it change automatically to always remain the same as the computer clock. I would imagine I need a macro to do it ...can someone please help me. Thanks....Mark check this thread.... http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=364995 Mangesh "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8EC77F7-14D8-4E3A-B683-004E549D1037@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > I can enter the time in a cell by using the =now() and can update it by > hittin...

How to sort number follow cell accordingly
Hi, everyone! I need to create macro that can sort numbers as below: Column : Before A B C D E F 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 1 3 4 5 3 5 6 After A B C D E F 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 1 3 4 5 3 5 6 which mean same number follow the same column but not necessary follow column A,B,C..... Pls help with vba code.Thanks GeniusIdeas, You have to evaluate the assumptions in the program (i.e. read the comments and evaluate the code). Basically, Integers are assumed for the sort, and the Integers start at 1 and each...

Addition function of multiple cells
Does anyone know if there is a function that will take a list of numbers in different cells and run various addition combinations on the list to detemine which cells will add to a specific number? For example: A1 = 1 A2 = 2 A3 = 5 A4 = 7 I want to know which cells added to gether will give me 6...answer = A1 + A3 On Tue, 25 May 2010 11:11:01 -0700, DB74 <DB74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know if there is a function that will take a list of numbers in >different cells and run various addition combinations on the list to detemine >which ce...

How to: text color depend on value
Anyone know how to make the text change colors, depending on what valu certain data is? I'm sure it's easy... -- bobsmith58 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bobsmith58d's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1452 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26148 bobsmith58d Wrote: > Anyone know how to make the text change colors, depending on what valu > certain data is? I'm sure it's easy.... Go to Format/Cells/Custom and inside the "Type" box, choose th...

outlook 2007
in Outlook 2007 how do I change the emails default margins? for emails were using Memo Style The default margins are 1.30cm However when users print and holepunch, theres not enough room and it hole punches over the text. I know how to change manually, through the menu File, select PageSetup, select Memo Style. The Page Setup:Memo Style dialog displays. select tab Paper and enter Margins Top, Bottom, Left, Right 2.54cm, click OK. Its been mentioned the settings are stored in the file C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\OutlPrnt ...

Data Validation on Cells #2
How can I restraint the user from entering odd numbers in the cell? But I need the outcome to be in multiples of 5? Thanks. Ringo Tan So you want to restrict entries to even multiples of 5? Assuming your input cell is A1: Allow: Custom Formula: =MOD(A1,10)=0 In article <1F69353E-81F6-4D95-A901-5550AEB042E3@microsoft.com>, ringo tan <ringo tan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I restraint the user from entering odd numbers in the cell? But I > need the outcome to be in multiples of 5? > Thanks. > > > Ringo Tan or do you, once the perso...

fill all cells in row with one cell entry
I have a range of cells and in that range If I enter any type of text/number I want the rest of the row that cell belongs to, to be blacked out or marked somehow to show that, that row has an entry in it already. Is this possible. Please help. thank you. "jv4_2+1" wrote: >I have a range of cells and in that range If I enter any type of >text/number > I want the rest of the row that cell belongs to, to be blacked out or > marked > somehow to show that, that row has an entry in it already. Is this > possible. Assume range is A1:D5 Select A1:D5 (with A1 ac...

How to populate a bunch of cells at once
My spreadsheet is huge and I would like the user to be able to populate an entire chunck of cells in the colum based on some criteria. So, if the user enters a value in one cell, a prompt could come up and ask "would you like to populate all the cells with this value that have the color red as the key" etc etc. Please give me a hint as to how to go about it. Once I get the idea, I will be set. Thanks so much Hi maybe not what you're looking for, but: - select all desired cells - enter your value - finish the entry with CTRL+ENTER (not with a single ENTER) -- Regards Frank...

business cards, background color on entire 8-1/2 X 11 sheet
I am trying to print out biz cards with a colored background. However, I would like to extend this background color to the ENTIRE 8-1/2 X 11 sheet the cards are printed on. Is this possible? HELP!!! Thanks! Annie wrote: > I am trying to print out biz cards with a colored background. > However, I would like to extend this background color to the ENTIRE > 8-1/2 X 11 sheet the cards are printed on. Is this possible? > HELP!!! Thanks! ============================================= Maybe printing on colored paper would be an easy solution. -- John Inzer MS Picture ...

Sheet borders
Is there a command that will allow a specific border to be applied to all pages in a workbook?? Thanks Chris Open the first Sheet, hold down Shift and select the last Sheet. Now whatever you do (with some exceptions like Protecting the Sheet or Freezing Panes) will be applied to all of you worksheets, Regards "Christopher Anderson" <ChristopherAnderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20324D52-74E4-4CA2-8A9E-B0615A225A50@microsoft.com... > Is there a command that will allow a specific border to be applied to all > pages in a workbook?? > > Thanks...

Extracting the data according the number of cell (at specific range) #2
I have a minor Excel formula problem. In my example has following data, cell A5 shows "apple", A6 shows "salt", A7 shows "sugar" and A8 shows "fish". On another hand, cell B3 is the "criteria" data showing 3. My question is to form an Excel formula which can extract the data from cell "A1" and then extract the 3rd data, which is "sugar" (that is the result I want). Althought the formula is counting from A1, but the excel formula know the data after "apple" and "salt" is "sugar" (cell fro...

Still need help
The subroutine did not run as I received the Macro Disabled message. I clicked OK, and next time I opened the workbook, I didn't get the Macro Warning, but the subroutine apparently didn't run as the chosen cells were not blank. I don't want people who use my workbook to have to deal with macro warnings. Is this something that must be set on each user's computer, or can I set it in my workbook so the subroutine automatically runs on everyone's computer? Do I need to get a Certificate? Here's my code. Are the () and the " " necessary? I'm...

Cell Location
Does Excel have a way of highlighting whatever cell I am in. Particularly with spreadsheets with lots of data, it would be easier on my eyes if what ever cell I am currently in is somehow highlighted and when I deselect it goes back to normal. It would be even better if the entire row and column would highlight. Please let me know if this is a function that is available on Excel. thanks there are several good sugestions at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelM.htm#HighlightActiveCell "Richard" wrote: > Does Excel have a way of highlighting whatever cell I am in. Part...

How to copy "edge" formatting to other cells.
Hello I spent a long time formatting the edges of the cells in my document, now the document looks like a table that I would like to use a template. a) Is there a way to copy only this formatting [not the values in the cells] and paste it to other cells? [i.e., create new templates] b) Is there a way to paste values INTO a blank template [that has the correct formatting of the edges of all of the cells, but no values in the cells], keep the formatting of the edges of the cells? Thanks you! On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:45:06 -0700, Sam wrote: >I spent a long time formatting the edges o...

Pictures in Cells
Hello, I teach elementary computers, and I often make my own online worksheets for the kids. I am making an "ABC Order" sheet where I have pictures of animals in one column and pictures of animal names (as opposed to just typing the names in the cells) in another column. The kids will slide the names into alphabetical order, then slide the picture of the animal next to it. My question is this; is there a way to "protect" or "lock" the pictures so that the kids can move them but not accidentally resize them? I have tried every combination of loc...

access to http://servername/help/default.aspx is denied: HTTP Error 401.2
On the productive CRM installation the help button on top right of each form, does not show the requested help, but an error message, that access is denied. http://servername/help/default.aspx HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized: Access is denied CRM Server is installed on 64-bit Windows server 2008 R2. For the rest there are no access denied errors on the crm itself. On our development installation on a 32-bit windows server 2003 there is no such problem. Who can give me a hint? Patrik Vogel Is the "Help" Virtual Directory under the CRM website using CRMAppPool? how about...

Exchange 2007 OWA Default Domain
In 2003 it was easy to set a default domain for OWA by just typing it in and turning of integrated authentication. However this does not seem to work as slick in 2007 since it seems to turn off forms based authentication when you do this. Any ideas? Brad - Works for me. Set-OwaVirtualDirectory "owa (default web site)" -DefaultDomain "DomainName" - Get-OwaVirtualDirectory "owa (default web site)" | select *auth* InternalAuthenticationMethods : {Basic, Fba} ClientAuthCleanupLevel : High BasicAuthentication : True DigestAuthentication ...

Adding within a cell
I'm adding to the same cell continouslythroughout my worksheet. Can I keep entering data within a cell and have it add on its own without having to add in my head and change the cell each time?? Take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html In article <4111F0B3-FD66-41DB-ADDA-89BD4C022139@microsoft.com>, "Rosa" <Comoestanohay@aol.com> wrote: > I'm adding to the same cell continouslythroughout my worksheet. Can I keep > entering data within a cell and have it add on its own without having to add > in my head and change the ce...

Excel 2003 SP2 Cells text color pbs
hi, I have a problem with excel 2003 sp2: When I tape a text in cells, and after I colorize this text in RED for exemple and put enter, my cells sem to be red. But if I put pagedown touch on this sheet to write other cell and push pageup my cell was blue on the screen. If I print my sheet the text of the blue cell was red !!!!!!!! This problem seem to work only when the police is in bold !!!!! Have you see the same problem for other user ???? Have you a solution ?? thank you regard SFX ...

How to stop toolbar drop box of entire cell contents
I keep getting a drop box in the toolbar that shows my entire cell contents and covers 1/4 of my screen. Would like it not to do that. What should I do? That is the formula bar you see expanding. Don't select any cells with great amounts of text or just don't display the formula bar. View>Formula Bar...........uncheck it. That's one thing I like about Excel 2007. The option to expand or not. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 08:27:04 -0700, cubanmamma <cubanmamma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I keep getting a drop box in t...

Working with cell borders
I'm trying to have a vertical inside border in one cell, and that choice does not seem to be available, i.e., it's grayed out on the borders box. Why is this? On 21 Jan, 13:26, neppyworker <neppywor...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to have a vertical inside border in one cell, and that choice does > not seem to be available, i.e., it's grayed out on the borders box. Why is > this? The inside border option refers to when you are working with a range of cells. If you selected A1:B3, and chose the inside border option, the broder wou...

get the active color of a cell
I got cells that had there color chaging automatically using a format condition (cond#1:red if B4<10 cond#2:green if C5>100 for example...). Now, I would like to automatically change the color to blue if the active color is red (condition #1 true in my example). I can get the ColorIndex of the cell: -when no condition applied = .Font.ColorIndex -when condition #1 applied = .FormatConditions(1).Font.ColorIndex -when condition #2 applied = .FormatConditions(2).Font.ColorIndex But impossible to retrieve the actual cell color... any idea? Another way to solve my problem would be to be able ...

Increment a number based on four adjoing cells
I am using an xlsx spreadsheet for indexing metadata for file folders. Based on the metadata selected from dropdowns in columns H, I & J, the spreadsheet builds a file number in the format AA-AA-NN-nnnnn (A=alpha; N=predetermined number; nnnnn= sequential number). I'm using the following formulas: Col B =VLOOKUP(H577,FUNCTIONLU,2) Col C =VLOOKUP(I577,CATEGORYLU,2) Col D =VLOOKUP(J577,TYPELU,2) Col E =IF(D576="","",IF(COUNTIF($D$2:$D576,$D576)=1,TEXT(0,"00001")+0,IF(COUNTIF($D$2:$D576,D576)>1,INDEX($E$2:$E576,MATCH($D576,$D$2:$...

VLOOKUP formula displays in cell, will not return data
I had an older version of Excel (97 maybe?) and our office updated to 2007. Now my vlookup will not return data. The vlookup formula appears in the cell or I get the NA#. I've formatted my lookup cells and table to General but still get the same result. After formatting the cell as General, re-enter it (F2/Enter) - if you're still seeing the formula, press Ctrl/~ -- you're looking at the formula layer instead of the value layer. "Chaps" wrote: > I had an older version of Excel (97 maybe?) and our office updated to 2007. > > Now my vloo...