default font size for comments

Is there a way to change the default font size for
comments inserted into an Excel worksheet?  It defaults to
Tahoma 8 pt, which is too small, and is not the font I
want to use.
0
anonymous (74722)

Windows>start>settings>control panel>display or right click
desktop>properties
then appearance and advanced (in XP), scroll find tooltips. That is where it
can be changed
Obviously it will affect more than comments

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"dan yntema" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to change the default font size for
> comments inserted into an Excel worksheet?  It defaults to
> Tahoma 8 pt, which is too small, and is not the font I
> want to use.

0
terre08 (1112)

how to *not change* the size of an ownerdrawn combobox.
hi group;-) following problem (mfc; vc++ 6.0): when i draw a dialog and put 2 comboboxes in it (one of them ownerdrawn) then the ownerdrawns edit-box is a little bit higher. I can change its height with SetItemHeight(-1, nNewHeight) but i dont want to change it to any "magic number"; i want to change it to the original value - that height the box would have if it wasnt flagged ownerdrawn. how do i get this? is there any fn i can use that is called before the ctrl is resized? On Sep 3, 8:36=A0am, ".rhavin grobert" <cl...@yahoo.de> wrote: > hi group;-) > > ...

Font in Check Box
Is it possible to change the Font in a check box? If it's a checkbox from the control toolbox toolbar, you can go into design mode show the checkbox's properties double click on Font and change it. If the checkbox is on a userform (inside the VBE), you can show its properties and do the same thing. You also have another reply at your original post. Mon wrote: > > Is it possible to change the Font in a check box? -- Dave Peterson ...

Change paper size
I am using an Epson R300 printer and I can't seem to be able to alter the paper size in the print properties box, it only has A4 available. I can change the size in page setup, but this does not change the size the printer wants to print on. This only seems to be happen Publisher, if I try it in Adobe Photoshop for instance I have many paper sizes available. Did you try in File, Print Setup? -- Don Vancouver, USA "Hecate" <Hecate@noemail.co.uk> wrote in message news:3rfih.19331$k74.16420@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk... >I am using an Epson R300 printer and I c...

Mail Box Size
Exchange 2000 SP3 + rollup. Is there a limit to the size any one user's mailbox?. I have a client with one user having a 6 Gig mail box. Yes, that is correct 6 GIG for one user. Thanks B the only limit is the limit of your store, ie if standard then 16GB(if hes the only user) enterprise = as much disk space as you have Bob wrote: > Exchange 2000 SP3 + rollup. Is there a limit to the size any one user's > mailbox?. I have a client with one user having a 6 Gig mail box. Yes, that > is correct 6 GIG for one user. > > Thanks B > > On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 ...

exchange 2000 size limitation and exchange server im
Hi All: Did Microsoft release an update to increase the maximum database size in Exchange 2000 Standard Edition to 75 GB as they did with Exchange 2003, Service Pack 2? I would guess not. Also, Exchange Server 2000 had an IM feature that worked with the Windows Messenger program. It looks like this functionality was removed for Exchange 2003, is that correct? Drew Drew <drew@drew.com> wrote: >Did Microsoft release an update to increase the maximum database size >in Exchange 2000 Standard Edition to 75 GB as they did with Exchange >2003, Service Pack 2? I would guess n...

Outlook 2003 Calendar defaults
Prob an easy question but how do I change the default to "no reminder" when entering a new "all day" event? "ElaineT" <ElaineT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D89EBD08-50D8-4DDC-A753-80FBA110C902@microsoft.com... > Prob an easy question but how do I change the default to "no reminder" when > entering a new "all day" event? You can't have different settings for all-day events vs. timed events for whether or not you get a default reminder. You can turn off default reminder for all events on Tools>Option...

Limiting size of worksheet
I want to set up a worksheet and limit to 25 columns and 200 rows. I seem to can't find it. Any suggestions are appreciated. Jo -- JB ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JBL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26668 Joe You cannot do away with the unused cells. A worksheet has 256 columns and 65536 rows. You can hide the rows and columns you don't want to see. Select them and Format>Hide. Alternative.........You may want to...

How can I embed a font in an Excel text box?

How do I set the size of a chart in excel (without using the mous.
How do I set the size of a chart in excel (without using the mouse)? You can set the size programmatically: With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1) .Width = 300 .Height = 200 End With katy wrote: > How do I set the size of a chart in excel (without using the mouse)? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Hi, If you hold the shift key whilst selecting the chart you can move with the cursor keys. CTRL+1 will display the format dialog which will allow you to alter the height and width. Only thing is I don't know how to select t...

Working window in Access "sticks" to Maximum size
Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to 'unstick' a working form/report/table, etc in Access. Even if I design an entry form at say, 3" by 5" wide, it'll automatically maximize to fill up the entire working screen next to the navigation bar. To my knowledge, I have never set any property to maximize every window. . . Did I miss a global setting, or is it an option I can turn off? Thanks, Tripler "Tripler of the SDMB" <Tripler of the SDMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96E65DF9-A187-4710-A6AC-2350A66F38D1@microso...

Cursor font?
Is there a font available that has all (or most) of the special characters used by Excel (and, perhaps, other Office apps)? I was just writing up a few notes for myself on how to make use of Text Boxes and it would be handy to include the Text Box cursor symbol (vertical line with small cross hair near the bottom). "Square Peg" <SquarePeg@Round.Hole> wrote in message news:40add4lh10t2f1p65cnhiu4ec1m9l525an@4ax.com... > Is there a font available that has all (or most) of the special > characters used by Excel (and, perhaps, other Office apps)? > > I was just writ...

Outlook to Domino connector; setting default email account
Hi, I'm using the Outlook to Lotus Domino/Notes connector to access our calendar system and contacts. But I use an IMAP account for receiving and sending mail. The problem is that even though I have set the IMAP account to be the default account, all new mail, (when I choose " New Mail message") is sent via the domino server. If I click the "Accounts" drop down button the first name on the list is Outlook Connector for Domino, but the IMAP account is listed as account number 1, and the Outlook connector for Domino is listed as number 2. Any suggestion swould be...

CDateTimeCtrl ideal size #2
Hi, does anyone know a trick how to get the ideal size for the CDateTimeCtrl to display all of its content in all formats it supports? It doesn't resize itself to a proper size for its content and it seems it has alot of internal logic for sizing the various internal edit fields. A simple GetWindowText() and GetOutputTextExent() doesn't work in all cases (i.e. when there are date/time formats set without leading zeros). I know there is a special window message available on vista to fetch the ideal size of the CDateTimeCtrl, but what to do in previous windows versions ? Many t...

Rounding for order size
I'm doing a forecast using some formulas. I want the result to take in consideration the minimun order size. For example if my forecast is 38 I want the result to be expressed as 48 which is the minimun package size. The same for example if forecast is 500 I want it to show 480 or 528 which are the actual amounts that I can request. How can I do this? FA Hi! So, what you want to do is round to the nearest multiple of 48? =ROUND(A1/48,0)*48 Biff "FA" <FA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6E4BD59-5B85-487E-98B7-96E568FB1E44@microsoft.com......

Set the initial Frame size from the view size
Hello, I'm writing a Single Document Application and I want for the View client Rectangle a CRect: (0,0,400,300). How can I set the initial Frame size? ( the window rectangle of the frame is larger because of the window border, menu, toolbar and status bar) Thank you, E.A. ...

Overlimit size
Hi, I keep receiving administrative notices that say my mailbox is over it's size limit. I have tried deleting the inbox, sent files, moving files, etc. Is there an easier way to do this? Are there directions somewhere for moving folders and saving them somewhere else? Exchange, POP3, IMAP, HTTP, other...??? Check your webbased mailclient and see what's still stored on-line. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Cr...

"Private" as Default Calendar Item Setting possible?
I want to force my Outlook2000 to mark every new calendar entry as "private". Until yet I did not find any solution - anybody who can help me? Thank you! You will need to do this manually - there is no option to mark everything private by default in Outlook 2000. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Gerd asked: | I want to force my Outlook2000 to mark every new calendar...

Entourage 'Move to' Preferences default to 'my computer'
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I try to keep a handle on all my email by placing it in folders on our Exchange Server. But since upgrading to 2008, I have found that when I try to &quot;move to&quot; my messages default to My computer, where there are archive folders with the same names as the Entourage folders. <br><br>How can I change the preferences so that the emails default to the Exchange folders? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0095_01CAB0F5.803DA480 Conten...

Default email address when using both exchange & pop3 email
I've tried searching for my answer but I apologise if this question is a duplicate of one I haven't found. Originally Outlook was set up to use Exchange and then several pop3 email accounts were created. I've just added another pop3 account which I would like to be the default account. At home I just go to Tools, Accounts, etc to select the default but at work there is no Accounts option on the Tools menu (only Services, Customise, Options). Please could someone tell me how to set the default email account in this situation. Thanks in advance Helen "Helen Rybus"...

CRM 1.2: Custom Field with hyphen in name averts default value settings
unfortunately we have customized a lookup-field in crm whose name includes a hyphen months ago. Now this seems to be the reason why it is not possible to change the default value of this lookup. Any experiences with special characters in field names? What can I do now? Is there another reason for my problem with the default values? Any hotfixes? It's a pitty that CRM didn't prohibit the usage of the hyphen on creation of the field, but now months later this error is hard to correct! Had a similar problem with Crystal Reports as well, where a special character in the fieldname averts...

Unable to open your default e-mail folders
Hi all, When I login to a notebook as a local administrator, and I use another user mailbox by outlook is ok. But, when I want to use this mailbox in offline mode. I receive the following message: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened." I use xp + office 2003 in notebook and windows 2000 + exchange 2000 in server. thx a lot Is your mailbox configured for Cached Exchange Mode? If so, the cache file might be damaged. Delete the ost-file and have Outlook resync with Exchange. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlo...

Font Size Problems with ComboBox
The perceived font size of combo boxes in my workbook increase when I click on them, I've adjusted the zoom to 100% as the Knowledge base suggests, but I still have the same problem - is there any way around this? Please help! Stewart ...

new currency and set it default
how can i put new symbol of currency and set it to default? Hi Soe! You can change it with: Start > Control Panel > Regional & Language Options Customize Currency Tab Change the currency. Apply OK (These are for Windows XP but you should be able to "follow your nose" after double clicking on Regional) Usually currencies available are limited to a narrow range based on your country setting but there is nothing to stop you inserting a different one. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifi...

make a .jpg the default background for Outlook messages?
I have Office '03/Windows XP. I have a .jpg image which I would like as the default background for all messages in Outlook without having to insert it each time I create a message. Help accomplishing this would be appreciated. ~ Dan ...

Font and Symbol problems